PDA

View Full Version : Looking for boat transport

Hustler
03-17-2004, 01:47 PM
A friend of mine needs a boat transported from Dallas to L.A. any body know of a company that does this and for a fair price.

572Daytona
03-17-2004, 01:58 PM
These guys shipped my Daytona and it was reasonable:
http://www.rxpressinc.com/

Hustler
03-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the info. How much did they charge you?

572Daytona
03-17-2004, 02:28 PM
It was in the neigborhood of $600 to ship a 21' Daytona on the trailer from San Deigo to Georgia. The caveat was that I had to be flexible within a few weeks for a shipping date so they could combine it with other boats heading the same direction. Originally it was supposed to go with a 33' Daytona that Eliminator was sending to the Miami Boat show but when that didn't get finished in time they picked up some Bass Boats along the way in Texas heading to Georgia (It's hard to get away from the whacka's around here). You also have to have it picked up and dropped off at a place that has a hoist to be able to get it on and off the flatbed. This was also back in 1999 when diesel was cheaper so I would expect prices to be higher now.
At the time I had called several different places and movers like Allied Van Lines wanted in the neighborhood of $6000 to move it. So I was very happy with what I paid.