PDA

View Full Version : Bad Karma???

sigepmock
03-17-2004, 02:35 PM
I need some help....is this gonna give me bad karma...
So I'm on my way to work this morning and I pull up to a light behind a newer Firebird and his plate says " LS1 8 U" so I'm thinking lets test this guy out....I got the new headers on the truck yesterday plus the Whipple S/C(trucks pretty fast...for a truck) any ways I pull up next to him as we go through the light and I romp on it and take off.....he sees this and downshifts a couple of gears and takes off like a bat out of hell.....guess I'm not the only one out there with a supercharger......he's starts to pull away and I guess he's so busy looking for me in the rear view mirror that he doesn't see the four way stop coming up......I hit the brakes, slow down and make the stop.....he doesn't ......goes through it about 60-70MPH......as I roll to a stop I look left and see a cop with his lights already on....... I pull over and the cop blows past me and pulls the Firebird over.....man that's gonna be a hell of a ticket.....I don't think the cop saw us racing but still....So since I started it does that mean I'm gonna have bad race Karma?????:confused:

mirvin
03-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Hell no! He's a big boy! You must have good karma already since you remained unscathed:)
mirvin

bear down
03-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Actually I think you were rewarded for something good you just did!...

looky_lou
03-17-2004, 03:17 PM
knock on wood.:rolleyes:

Jungle Boy
03-17-2004, 03:19 PM
That's pretty good karma if you ask me. Your good fortune is his shitty luck. He's lucky that somebody wasn't poking on through that intersection.

uvindex
03-17-2004, 04:15 PM
If he had killed some innocent people going about their daily lives when he blew a stop sign at 60-70mph YOU could be looking at prison time right now, not to mention gigantor lawsuits. Might be cooler to do your racing at the dragstrip.
Sorry to rain on the parade, just hate to see innocent people being menaced/killed/maimed by street racers.

ROZ
03-17-2004, 04:32 PM
MANY years ago I was busted racing on the local cruise street late at night.. I was racing another bug. I was ahead and clocked at 93 in a 35... Funny, I didn't have 4th gear yet;) . Anyways the did the drill on us for about an hour, and they let me go with a speed contest ticket and the 85+ in a 35... The other guy had warrants and his car was towed. I drove back to the club to pick up my passengers and called it a night...
6 weeks later when I went to court, they had NO RECORD OF IT!
I saw the other guy a few weeks after my court date. His license was suspended for like 6 months.
Talk about luck.... My dad would have sold my car if he found out about it :D

ROZ
03-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
GOOD THING YOU LOST;) :D
Are you saying he should be happy his supercharged truck is slow? :D :p ;)

riverbound
03-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Definitely lucky for you.
Did you at least honk and wave as you drove by?:D

Kilrtoy
03-17-2004, 04:46 PM
I heard on tv that in L.A. they are going to start impounding cars for 30 days and you will do 30 days in the clink. It was on every news channel about 1 month ago.
Call it a day and say to yourself LESSON LEARNED

NorCalCat
03-17-2004, 04:47 PM
sigepmock,
It sounds like you have good karma. If you won, you would be the one going to court...
Can't win'm all;)

Mandelon
03-17-2004, 08:30 PM
He blew through the stop therefore earning bad karma...which this time came about quickly.
One time many years ago when I rode a Suzuki, I raced a fat guy on his motorcycle. We took off from the light and he wheelied, and lost it. As he veered toward me I hit the brakes and he went on by. He spread shit all over the road from his cooler and tank bag......I pulled over to help him out, I felt so bad......
He was embarrassed but cool about the ordeal. Poor guy......

Kilrtoy
03-17-2004, 10:20 PM
I raced a fat guy on his motorcycle
Why does he have to be fat.
He may have a thyroid problem

comin' unscrewed
03-18-2004, 12:24 PM
A gal I went to high-school with drove a mid-seventies Trans Am in her twenties. She was also dating a motor cop. She used to cruise State Street, egg on guys to race her and run 'em by her boyfriend.
Now THAT'S bad karma!