PDA

View Full Version : Need help on spkr. locations, brand , sizes

HP350SC
03-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Let me start by saying I am looking for clean and tight low bass, and clear well placed highs. Don't like "boomy" bass, and MB quarts that I have heard sound a little "bright" to me (might have been EQ settings) although loud and clear.
First pic. is underdash area for subs. I'm thinking of making a whole new carpeted panel to replace the upholstered one, I could mount the amp and wire it and then put it in. Tight fit for 2 12" Woofers, would rather use 10" if anyone makes GOOD ones. Amp I have is 50 rms X 4 and 200rms X 1 @2 ohms. Pioneer CD player is 20? wpc X 4 and has 4 preouts and sub outs.

HP350SC
03-17-2004, 06:32 PM
This is side panel area, back seat is out, but you can see outline where it sits. I would like to buy (4) 6 1/2 round midbass and (4) separate tweeters with swivel type mounts.
Questions are, who makes a good 10" woofer that will crank with 100 rms each.
Which brand for the 6's and tweeters.
Was going to wire 4 ohm woofers in parallel, 50 rms to each 6, and use the head unit for the tweeters.
Was thinking clear plexiglass behind side panel openings to mount rear 6's to.

HP350SC
03-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Wish I could fit my home speakers in there.....they're vintage Infinity's with dual 12's, (4) EMIM's and (4) EMIT's per channel, circa 1980.

rivercrazy
03-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Aren't those EMIT-R's awesome? I have them in my home speakers also.
They still sell them in a few of the car speakers. But they are multi element. Check out the 63.5i'a and 693.5i's if your interested in those

Havasu Hangin'
03-18-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by HP350SC
..who makes a good 10" woofer that will crank with 100 rms each.
That's a tough one...not too many choices for that little power. Maybe a JL W0?

riverbound
03-18-2004, 09:47 AM
I would recomend the jl 10wo or the rockford p1 both perform well on low power. For speakers we usually recomend mbquart, the seperates do have adjustable tweeter levels on the crossover.

ROZ
03-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
That's a tough one...not too many choices for that little power. Maybe a JL W0?
That will work perfect in the bow....
You could set the crossover to -3db if they're mounted high, but you might find that setting at 0db may work just fine... Even -3db will really quiet the tweeters down...
MB 's crossovers go 0db, -3db, and -6db ....

Mr. Naudio
03-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Agree on the JL WO,s For that power range.
Could not recomend the right speaker,s for your high,s
without lots more info, like what kind of music you listen to.

HP350SC
03-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Great suggestions you guys, I know quite a bit about electonics/ audio in general but have not kept up on the car audio stuff too much. Shoot me a price on two JL10's Roz. Also a single JL12" and the MB stuff too.
I'm thinking maybe I should mount a single 12" in an angled or floor firing position since there is only 200 watts rms for the bass. Think that would give more SPL and deeper bass?
Regarding the MB separates, you mentioned different settings on tweeter crossover. Is there selectable crossover frequencies, or is it basically an attenuator?
As far as what I listen to , hard rock/heavy metal old school and new. Occasionally Fleetwood Mac/Eagles type stuff too. Pretty much like anything except no rap or country ever!!!
Keep ideas coming please!!! THANKS!

HP350SC
03-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Almost forgot, the amp I'm using is a Planet Audio P600.5s.... My son gave it to me, but I'm not positive about the specs. as I have no manual. Their website doesn't show it, must not be current model. Just wondering if anyone knows wattage for certain?