PDA

View Full Version : pop ups

lovemyultra
03-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Is there something I can do about these pop ups on AOL it is literally getting to be every 45 seconds it is starting to suck .Im not to bright on the computer so pretend your explainig this to a below average child .THANKS DJ

Scream
03-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Change to a real ISP.

lovemyultra
03-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Gee thanks thats what I was looking for

Scream
03-22-2004, 08:50 PM
No, really. AOL charges a shitload for what you get and then you have to deal with all the popups to boot. You can pay a bit less per month and get rid of a whole bunch at the same time. Needless to say I've never been a big AOL fan, but who really is after all.
There are products out there that are freeware to download. Popup Stopper is one that I've used in the past and it worked well with a normal ISP, but I don't know how it would do with the AOL setup.
Try this link for Panicware. It'll probably do the trick...
Panicware (http://www.panicware.com/)

lovemyultra
03-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Thank you Im probably pissed about the pop ups sorry if ti sounded bad thanks again

Scream
03-22-2004, 09:06 PM
No biggie. I was a friend the other night. His computer was poppin up a storm. Kinda funny because it wasn't me...Reminded me of that video that went around the Internet of a guy in his off that went off on his screen and smashed it and threw it against the floor like a cheesy guitarist on stage...