PDA

View Full Version : LOCKED OUT OF OSO!!!!!!

Too Old
02-27-2002, 03:37 PM
I received an email from a guy reminding me that he left me a private email at OSO that I hadn't opened. So, I cruised on over their to read it.
Guess what?
I have been locked out. Either my username or password has been disabled.
Gee, that'll teach the old dude a lesson.
Sometimes truth is even stranger than fiction.

spectras only
02-27-2002, 04:06 PM
sounds like they sent you the message; "If you 're not with us,you're against us"

Too Old
02-27-2002, 04:11 PM
Guess so. Almost makes we wish I hadn't said "I wish them well".
I lived for 48 years witout them. Guess I can make it a little longer.
I hate it apparently has become personal.

US1Fountain
02-27-2002, 04:40 PM
Maybe they took your mention to remove you from the membership seriously.

MissAmy
02-27-2002, 04:41 PM
Fred,
I'm sorry to hear it. That's just not right! Oh well, there loss!!!!!!!!

Attitude
02-27-2002, 04:43 PM
Wow guess they listened to your last post. I find it hard to believe they would not try to contact you to work things out. If it meens anything at all some have taken this serious and oso started to get some half way decent posts today. I think people are even trying to make subjects up just to keep it rolling in a positive direction. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts. I sincerely hope you and oso get things worked out, It's a shame it came down to this. I'm sure you have had much better days http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
Attitude (aka Scott from oso)
We have talked many times about Troy Dennis right now I'm having a hard time deciding between him or Valako.

32fever
02-27-2002, 04:53 PM
Huh. Better to be:
LOCKED OUT OF OSO
than
LOCKED OUT OF HOUSE
LOL!
Sent you an email http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

boaterbob
02-27-2002, 04:57 PM
Wow! Don't even have a smart-ass reply for that one. Sounds a little bit extreme to me....It looks like there's starting to be a following on this board though, hopefully things on both boards pick up....

Magnuman
02-27-2002, 04:57 PM
Fred,
Unfortunately it's OSO's loss. I think winter duldrums just went a bit too far. I don't post that often on OSO or Hot Boat. Hot Boat doesn't cater too much to offshore boating but I am looking for a smaller boat that my family can ski with and will also be able to take through the chop. Somewhere between 18'-21'. I contacted Ryan Beckly who has a 21' Scorpion with a 2.4. Hopefully he will get me pictures soon. Didn't he just do graphics on your boat?
Regards,
Eugene

US1Fountain
02-27-2002, 04:59 PM
I'm learnin here to MissAmy. That no delete option is taking some getting used to. And while I'm at it, I forget to change the smile for each reply half of the time. The default makes it seem so, uh, nonhappy??

Too Old
02-27-2002, 05:18 PM
You know what? I did ask them to delete my membership in my response to their "vulgarity" post.
I better shoot em a quick "thank you" via email.
Troy Dennis or Jim. Want my opinion? Who's closer to you? Theres your man.
Ryan Beckley did the graphics on the Skater. A great job by a great guy.

Too Old
02-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Eugene, what are you going to do with my favorite Magnum?

Magicfloat
02-27-2002, 05:37 PM
Hey,Fred,remember the line from the movie"The Big Chill"? Be careful what you wish for,you may get it.LOL

Magnuman
02-27-2002, 05:44 PM
Fred,
At this point I'm a keepin it!
I am having a new engine hatch built. It will follow the lines of the boat and have two scoops moulded in. Needed a little more air to the engines and I hated the clunkiness of the old hatch.
I am still crying over selling my 1967 Donzi 2+3 and don't want to have the same experience with my Magnum.

Too Old
02-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Robert....yeah, ask and yea shall receive. Of all my requests, they grant my final one. haha
Eugene....My father bought me a 1969 18 foot 2+3 Donzi. Man, my life was never the same again. Hell, I'm still ruined after all these years. Solid yellow hull, with the thin black shear stripe on the side, black stripe across the deck. It had black upholstery. The cockpit cover was yellow like the hull with the bladk stripe across it. No tabs. Volvo/Holmon Moody drive with a 289 Holmon Moody Ford Engine. Man I remember every detail of that boat. The motor had chrome valve covers and a brass air cleaner.
I was a Jr in High School that summer. When I sold that boat, I had three children of my own. Damn, what was I thinking when I sold that boat?

ActiveThunderTodd
02-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Too Old,
Fred it is too bad that you asked to have your name removed from OSO. There's a long thread were many members have asked you to come back and wish you hadn't left.
As far as your comments on what people have said about S. Florida residents I have to admit that I never ran across those comments (and glad that I didn't). My boat came from S. Fl. and was very glad I did. Anyways hope to see you back on OSO in the future.
Todd K.

1boatnut
02-27-2002, 07:02 PM
Fred,sorry to see you leave OSO. This is starting to remind me of It,s A Wonderful Life. Oh,I hear the bell,another Angel must be getting it,s wings.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry,it was just the pizza delivery guy.
Fred,hope to see your posts,wherever they may be.As for me,I will continue to mostly lurk.

Magicfloat
02-27-2002, 07:21 PM
Fred,you can re-live the past and duplicate the Donzi.They are building me an exact duplicate of my '86 18 2+3. No ski tow, no cleats,no coamimg pads,and handpainted pin stripes on each side of the deck stripe. Charging a little extra but so what,we are only here once. Also no windshield and no horn,remember?I can't wait to get itonly difference is the raised egine hatch for the new mpi engine,but the hinges and the twist lock on the hatch are same as the old days.

Too Old
02-27-2002, 07:32 PM
Do I remember? Robert I remember that boat Like it was yesterday. The single Morse control with a wood shift knob. Heck I remember it all. I'm trying to imagine how nice one would be with modern Mercruiser power and drive. My old Volvo drive had power tilt but no trim. Sure would have been nice to free that hull up.
Are you getting an 18?

Too Old
02-27-2002, 07:35 PM
!
[This message has been edited by Too Old (edited February 27, 2002).]

Magicfloat
02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
Yeah,an 18,solid red hull sidesred deck stripe with blue pinstripes,solid red upholserty and carpet. I sent them a photo of my old 18 and they are going to duplicate it for me in almost every detail. Had to forego the Perko stern light,they no longer produce it.My 2 blond labs and my dingo are gonna love this boat like my old Austrailian Shepard did in the 80's. Life is short,play hard

Too Old
02-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Boatnut....not only was it just the Pizza Man, he was at the wrong house....
Toss some participation our way. We need the voices. Thanks for making an appearance.

Too Old
02-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Red all the way to the bottom? Thats the way my Yellow 18 was. No white bottom. I,m going to find a couple old pictures of that boat and scan them.
In 1979 I went down to 188th street and went to see the plant. Roy Farmer gave me a tour of the plant. I still have his business card. He took me for a ride in a 22 that was built with an extended deck. In other words, the deck stretched back over the area where the front seats would be.The only seats were the rear couch. It was dark blue and white. Man I loved that thing. I'm not sure if they ever built more than just that one. If I could have any classic, that would be my choice.
Ever heard of that boat?

Lee
02-27-2002, 08:03 PM
Fred, Good to see you here, I also have had similar feelings about OSO, It all started with the new board format and people abusing the picture postings which got way out of hand, personally I think that they lost one of their most respected members when you decided to leave.
Magicfloat, If you are talking about one of those old Perko teloscoping stern lights I think I might have one in the box, I'll check and let you know.
The old classic Donzi's are a blast, I had a 1965 16' with a Turbocharged Ford 351W and a Volvo 270T drive with a E speedmaster lower unit. And a 1968 18' with a 302

***boat
02-28-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by US1Fountain:
I'm learnin here to MissAmy. That no delete option is taking some getting used to.
No worries, folks -- the double-post janitor is making his midnight sweeps ;-)
Originally posted by Magnuman
Hot Boat doesn't cater too much to offshore boating
Now that's the first time I've ever heard that!

Magicfloat
02-28-2002, 04:19 AM
Fred, I believe the 22 you saw is on the dust jacket of the book Blue Thunder.I assume you have a copy? I am doing red sides and white bottom on the 18. Haven't decided yet on the 38ZR poker run boat,they are suggesting solid red hull(sides and bottom)might be too much redThe first 2 were all white,looked nice in Miami but maybe needs a little more flash as we are going to do several poker runs with it.

fwk
02-28-2002, 04:45 AM
Hi Fred I was sorry to hear of the problems you had on OSO but it looks like a lot of people have followed you over here. It will be great to catch up with you at LOTO. My first ride in a offshore make boat was a Donzi 18 down in FL My uncles son in law had just bought one I remember it going so fast he almost hit the island at the end of the canal. Jumped the swells at Hillsboro inlet. What great memories. It was red with a white deck and a stripe. I was hooked from then on. If you had that donzi at LOTO I remember it. If it is any consolation a lot of people want you back on OSO. Forrest
[This message has been edited by fwk (edited February 28, 2002).]

Too Old
02-28-2002, 05:17 AM
Forrest...We did have that Donzi at Lakr of the Ozarks for years. It sat on a lift between Ozark BBQ and Mill Stone. Since our home was in the Sunrise Beach area, most of our boating there was between the Dam and the old Upside Down Bridge.
Hard to believe an 18 footer was ever big enough for that lake.

Too Old
02-28-2002, 05:20 AM
Robert...you are one lucky guy. The photos of the new Donzi I saw from the Miami Boat Show were fantastic. That boat looks like some pretty serious hardware.

fwk
02-28-2002, 07:21 AM
Fred, My fathers partner owned Chateau Du Lac. The family still owns it. I do remember the donzi. Do you remember the people driving golf balls in the lake? More than likely it was us. There was always a party going on there. Great memories! Forrest

Magicfloat
02-28-2002, 07:37 AM
Just removed OSO from my computer favorites, I won't be back,it's a shame,but I'll post and lurk here from now on.Maybe my skin is too thin,but life is too short for what is happening there.Everyone here seems more in tune with the real world.

Sunsation Kirk
02-28-2002, 08:09 AM
Hi Too Old, any everyone else form OSO, I'm glad to see you guys over here. I just joined myself. I'm dissapointed in the direction they have gone. So I think I'll hang out over here for a while.
Kirk
Formerly KN from OSO

Eric1969
02-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Too Old,
You'll be missed by OSO. I have come to HB Forums for a while, but the offshore only portion was really slow for awhile.. Hopefully it will pick up in the near future.

Too Old
02-28-2002, 08:50 AM
Kirk,
Hopefully we will have enough people around here to carry on some boating related discussions. Maybe even a few of our old friends will drop by on occassion.
Eric....thanks.

Chart
02-28-2002, 11:52 AM
Too Old:
"Hard to believe an 18 footer was ever big enough for that lake."
I remeber as a boy boating in a 14' on that lake. It was the first boat my parents bought (took the down payment for a house and bought a boat -- that's priorities!). I learned to boat and ski with it, and in the main channel no less. Red and white fiberglass hull with a 25hp Johnson. That was a pricy hot boat at the time. Now there are PWC bigger than that, and I don't like being on the lake in less than 30'. Ah, memories.

Wildchild212
02-28-2002, 11:54 AM
Hey boys
good to see you guys! all of you guys are going to be missed on oso. Dont blame anybody for leaving though, hope it turns around soon. On a colder note When is it going to warm up so I can go for a ride in too olds- old pantera without getting frost bite?
Mark

Too Old
02-28-2002, 12:30 PM
Our first boat at LOTO was a 14 foot white Speed Qeeen. It had a whopping 35 Evinrude on the back. We thought nothing of riding around the main channel in that thing.
Next my Dad bought am 18 foot Johnson Tri Hull. Remember when OMC ventured into building their own boats? The thing had twin 88 hp I/Os. Man what an awful boat. You could never keep both those engines running. The thing slapped hell out of you over every boat wake. My Dad finally became disgusted with trying tokeep that pig running, so the Donzi was next.
Forrest...Our house sat on the end of the point where the Sunrise Condos now sit. It was a 6 or seven acre point my dad purchased. It had been a small fishing type resort owned by a fellow named Cecil Weeks for years. It had an old log cabin on the point and four or five run down rental units. We stayed in the log cabin for the first few summers while we tore down all but one of the other cabins. Then finaly we had the log cabin bull dozed and built a new home on the point. As we all got older and moved around, it became difficult to get back to use the place. My father tried to sell it for a while but the land was worth so darn much by then it was hard to find someone to step up. So we decided to bull doze their dream home and develop the condos.
Man, every year I go past during the Memorial Day weekend I could cry.
If you know where Wilbus Marine is, we had the end of that point as you come out of the cove.
The stuff I use to see around that lake as a kid. I remember seeing a deer run down the point and into the water one morning. I watched it swim completely across the main channel and get out on the other side. I don't think that would happen much anymore on a busy summer weekend.
Gotta love that place. It sure is special.
[This message has been edited by Too Old (edited February 28, 2002).]

Phantom Chaos
02-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Hey-
Looks like the same ole' post ho's in here that I've seen elsewhere!!!!
OSO = Out Surfing Others
I don't have time post ho on more than one site........so I hope to see you guys back at the "original" site after it mellows a little bit.
Nort (aka Universal Chaos)
[This message has been edited by Phantom Chaos (edited February 28, 2002).]

MissAmy
02-28-2002, 01:33 PM
I hear ya Nort. When I told Lutz that I was checkin' things out here, he said, "You mean we have TWO boards to monitor now??!!!?" LOL http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
I'm still holding out hope for OSO and have been postin a bit there in just a few threads regarding some gatherings. One being the Heat Wave Poker run. Nort, it looks like Lutz is gonna listen to me on this one. He's game! I'm so excited; can't wait! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

32fever
02-28-2002, 04:44 PM
WOW. OSO actually DELETED a bunch of posts. The one with Magicfloat leaving was one, I had some posts there. I guess referring to the moderators of that board as immature for not taking action may have hit home. that and them visiting here and seeing how civil and nice people can treat one another. All that typing for nothing, though. LOL!
Doesn't mean I'm leaving this board, been here for along time, still will be. I think the admins here might be a little irritated by the OSO talk, but ya know, it's good for this board, too. So many didn't check here, now they will.
So, all of this can have good come out of it for all.
Happy boating everyone!!!!!
Mark

Too Old
02-28-2002, 05:08 PM
cool....I hope things turn around over there. It was a hell of a place for a long time. Should be again.

catnaround
02-28-2002, 06:28 PM
I'll watch for you guys over here. I browse this board too, mainly the cats and tunnels, but I will be sure to stop by here.
I will still check out OSO because there is still a little info I can pick up here and there and keep in touch with some of my KY Lake brethen.
C Ya guys around!!!!
aka Boating Fool (on OSO)

Magnuman
02-28-2002, 07:48 PM
Fred,
Here is my Donzi that I sold at the beginning of last year. I am now on the hunt for something to replace her!
[img]www.donzi.net/photos/ENahemow06.jpg[img]
Magicfloat your new 18 sounds like its going to be real sweet. I would love to see photos of it when its done.
Regards,
Eugene

Magnuman
02-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Trying again to add photo
http://donzi.net/photos/ENahemow06.jpg

euby
02-28-2002, 08:16 PM
sweet

Evil Twin
02-28-2002, 08:17 PM
Hi Fred,
Miss your post's at OSO.
Bill
AKA baja270

Magnuman
02-28-2002, 10:11 PM
I found Hot Boat after I sold the Donzi and was looking for a smaller boat to play with.
This is what I found.
http://donzi.net/photos/ENahemow09.jpg
http://donzi.net/photos/ENahemow10.jpg
I sold it after the end of the summer on Hot Boat classifieds.

Magnuman
02-28-2002, 10:17 PM
So now I'm looking for a new buddy for my Magnum. She's very lonely!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ENahemow08.jpg
Preferably a 21' Shiada!!

AudioGuy
03-01-2002, 09:13 AM
There loss, our gain!

Slow Poke
03-01-2002, 09:26 AM
Wow Mag!! that was one fine setup with the tow vehicle and all....nothing wrong with the new toy either http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Too Old
03-01-2002, 11:27 AM
Magnum man has the toys!
Hell I bet the neighborhood kids are always at your house. The kids from about 8 to 80.

Slow Poke
03-01-2002, 11:31 AM
I wanna play pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze
yep he has the toys alright.

spectras only
03-01-2002, 12:12 PM
magnuman ,is that a sweet 16 ? Really dig your Hotrod.Would trade my 20 spectra for it http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif. http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/spectralincolln666.1.jpg

Magnuman
03-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Spectras Only,
The Donzi is a 18' 2+3.
Too Old,
Yeah everyone likes the toys but they always run when I pull up to the gas pumps!!

SHARKEYMARINE
03-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Too Old, When I first heard of you leaving and it was after the post of you asking to have your name removed from their membership, I was able to access your profile. But when I went to email you through the site is when I realized that it went into effect and it wouldn't let me Email you. What I was going to ask was what everyone else was asking. "Please reconsider". The Moderators were back. And everything should be kept in check!... You are missed over there, but who's to say you can't enjoy all? I currently have 14 LINKS to MESSAGE BOARDS on my website: WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM (http://WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM) Yes there's another shameless plug, but it is there for everyone's benefit to help them find other people's "PHOTO ALBUMS" and "WEBSITES" I believe it was one of your posts that said you were a regular visitor of my site. Well, I hope it helps you find what you're looking for. That's is one of the reasons why I started it. Enjoy!!! See ya on the boards!!!

jjj0923
03-23-2002, 10:13 PM
locked out or not....
you're always welcome at www.fastboats.info (http://www.fastboats.info)
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

TeamBajaMarine
03-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Those who know me, know what happened to me at OSO, I can only say that I am with YOU!
Blake Elkin / Webmaster TEAMBAJAMARINE.COM (http://)
[This message has been edited by TeamBajaMarine (edited March 28, 2002).]