PDA

View Full Version : D&S Interiors And 78Eliminator, Bad News.

FryJet
03-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey Justin, if I were you I would get in my truck and go get your boat. I didnt want to make waves with you and those guys so I told some guy named Danny that I wanted to get my interior done in a boat kind of like the green one sitting back there (outside in the back). I walked up and thought WTF????????? I asked what type of interior he was doing for the Schiada and he danced around and didnt want anything to do with me seeing it. So I asked how long to do my interior? He told me 3500 bucks and 2-4 weeks, yea ok. I asked for a business card, no dice, their getting made or something like that. He said bring on down and they'll get right on it.:wink: Sorry but you're not going to like these pictures my friend.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_005.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_006.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_007.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_008.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_009.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_010.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954011.jpg
Im thinking not much has been done to your boat and if thats your green cover in front of it then that hasnt been on there for a while by looking at the pictures. Sorry to be the one to show you but you need to look elsewhere for a interior, reguardless of what they say when you get ahold of them. Let me know if you want me to drag it out of there, im sure I could find a few friends to go down there with me to pick it up and take it to my house. Let me know.
Chris

Jetdriver
03-26-2004, 02:50 PM
DUDE! Ill ****ing go get it for you! What a ****ing Joke! If you need help let us know! :mad:

fourspeednup
03-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Dude, if that is your boat, Damn:eek!: :eek!: :mad:

welk2party
03-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Go and get it now.:mad:

boatnam2
03-26-2004, 03:01 PM
well i hate to say it but somebody didnt listen to all the bullshit talked about ds.

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 03:09 PM
I am sick to my stomach. I was told D&S took a long time, not that they will let your boat rot in the weather. I am going to get it out of there immediately.

Jetdriver
03-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Im sure there a few people here that wouldnt mind going with you! :mad:

THOR
03-26-2004, 03:16 PM
I honestly dont know what to say, but I would be taking some buddies with me to help calm me down if that was my boat.
D&S is done after this thread is seen by more people.
Holy $hit. I am pissed looking at those pics.

78Eliminator
I am at the point right now that if I went there, I would go to jail. I need to calm down.....

ROZ
Nice job inspector FryJet....:cool: Go get it 78Eliminator!!!
And tell them about the pictures posted on the internet's most popular boating websites... Good business ;)

rivercrazy
03-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I think I'd be talking to them about a new stereo...
RD
Oops. I didnt see the picure of the weathered headunit RD. UNFRIGGEN BELIEVABLE! They ought to kick in more money back to Justin than just the Headunit. :mad:

jbtrailerjim
03-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Wow, that sucks.:mad: That shit a'int right. I don't know why anyone would even take there boat there. I think this thread should convince people from here to quit taking there boats there.

FryJet
03-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Dude, grab RD and meet me there, I can run interference.:wink: Also want add that this in no way reflects on Ultra, its a seperate deal. Let me know, you have my # Justin.
F.J.

rivercrazy
03-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Never been too impressed by D&S. Some of the brand new boat's I've seen them doing interiors on didn't even have resin'd wood.

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 03:22 PM
I don't have the drop hitch for my truck. RD, you want to do this?

riverbound
03-26-2004, 03:23 PM
:eek: :eek: I am completely blown away, 78, sorry to see your boat like that it makes me pissed seeing someones boat being treated like that by a shop.:mad: :mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Damn that really bites the big one. How can people be so ruthless and disrespectfull of other peoples stuff like that. I would be getting it out of there like right now. I'm sorry to see this but I would take alittle more action for there lack of ****ed business. I know they are the last on everyone list if they even made the list. shit after seeing what they did to your boat I will even go with you. make sure they know we all know how they suck. they will be going out of business after this I hope.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Jetdriver
03-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Wish I was a bit closer to ya! Id roll for ya!

jackpunx
03-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Yea.. same here.. if your still stuck over the weekend.. we'll be down in Elsinore.. We all got hitches..

beached 1
03-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Un-F**ken-Real!
Where is D&S? In TJ?

FryJet
03-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
I don't have the drop hitch for my truck. RD, you want to do this?
I have a few of em, drop, straight what??????????
F.J.

Mr.Havasu
03-26-2004, 03:36 PM
So sorry to see this.
Thank god you have hot boat friends who spotted this abuse.
A picture truly is worth a thousand words.
Good luck.

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 03:38 PM
FJ, lets just do this on Monday. Will you be around? I would accept your offer and ask you to drag it out of there, but I am not sure if it's better that I go, of better if I don't. I have an anger problem. Maybe I should let you do it.

rivercrazy
03-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Sorry again Justin about this. Just remember if you handle it right, you might just get something out of the deal besides a dirty unfinished boat.
Work this situation with D&S. You might be surprised what you can negotiate at this point.......

Lightning
03-26-2004, 03:43 PM
I can be there in about 20 minutes, I'm down to help a brutha out. I'll tow that shit wherever you need to. Check your PM

Blown 472
03-26-2004, 03:45 PM
78 pm me your phone number, I will hook you up with a guy that will treat your right and keep it inside.

FryJet
03-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Its up to you Justin, let me know if you want it out of there. Im only 15 minutes from there.
F.J.

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 03:49 PM
I think I am going to do this Monday. If you want to roll with, let me know. I am going home now to get faced.

HCS
03-26-2004, 03:54 PM
That sucks to see.
Yes, it is time to go get faced. Cold beer waiting.

NastyOne
03-26-2004, 03:55 PM
KICK HIS ASS SEABASS!!!

FryJet
03-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks John, I just talked to Troy for your # and I was going to call you but I guess I dont have to. Thanks again John.
F.J.

rivercrazy
03-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Bottom line is that D&S blows! :yuk: :yuk:

rvrtoy
03-26-2004, 04:03 PM
:o I just grabbed your boat from D&S. It is at my shop now. You can pick it up from here. By the way I am having one of my lot guys wash it down a bit for you. Just let me know when you want to pick it up. I will be around on Saturday from 10 to 4 as well.:mad:
I want to let everyone know that this has nothing to do with Ultra Boats. We are VERY embarrased for D&S right now:o

Dream Chaser
03-26-2004, 04:04 PM
That's messed up I would be pissed I will definitely spread the word.

welk2party
03-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Cool Ultra28. I will get faced on my end too. I have'nt heard that expression in years.:D

jbtrailerjim
03-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Mr. West steps up and helps a fellow Hot Boater out. Nice job John & Steve:)

Her454
03-26-2004, 04:17 PM
That is crazy! I hope someone sends them this link and lets them know they got busted treating someones boat like that AND ALL THE BUSINESS THEY JUST LOST. Justin, I cant even imagine how pissed you must be.

Dream Chaser
03-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Just emailed 20 boating friends this thread including my wife who works for a major Watercraft mfg. Please spread the word. Nobodys boat needs to be treated like this.

riverbound
03-26-2004, 04:30 PM
rvrtoy I just grabbed your boat from D&S. It is at my shop now. You can pick it up from here. By the way I am having one of my lot guys wash it down a bit for you. Just let me know when you want to pick it up. I will be around on Saturday from 10 to 4 as well.
That is great of you guys to help a fellow boater out like that especially when there is nothing in it personally for you

fourspeednup
03-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
:o I just grabbed your boat from D&S. It is at my shop now. You can pick it up from here. By the way I am having one of my lot guys wash it down a bit for you. Just let me know when you want to pick it up. I will be around on Saturday from 10 to 4 as well.:mad:
I want to let everyone know that this has nothing to do with Ultra Boats. We are VERY embarrased for D&S right now:o
Of course he forgot to mention that he backed the trailer into a curb, but it is clean:D :D :D
J/K (before I get my ass virtually kicked:D )
Huge PROPS goes out to you rvrtoy, and Ultra boats for taking action against this BS!:cool:

rvrtoy
03-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by riverbound
That is great of you guys to help a fellow boater out like that especially when there is nothing in it personally for you
I just want people to now that we use them for interiors however, they are not part of Ultra. Here at Ultra we treat other peoples property at least as good as we treat our own property. Thats just good business.

summerlove
03-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Oops - didn't see page two - glad to hear it was picke up! What a great business decision from D&S!
I just had my boat completely reuphlstered from the ground up and they took 2 weeks and kept it inside the entire time. Did a great job. Campbell Boats in LHC still does GREAT frigging work....

Infomaniac
03-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Great job guys at Ultra.
Thought I was going to have to drive over from Oklahoma and grab his boat.

Kilrtoy
03-26-2004, 05:05 PM
W:D W
Didnt HBJET go thru the same mess with them??????????

Dream Chaser
03-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Must be somebody who has a upholstery company that would like to be associated with a reputable company like Ultra. I say no more BS dump DS!!

Dream Chaser
03-26-2004, 05:25 PM
655 views in 3 hours bump to the top

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 05:35 PM
I just got home and read this. Thanks so much. That is totally going out of your way for a complete stranger. Thanks again. Major props to Ultra and the people who work there!!!!!!!

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
Cool Ultra28. I will get faced on my end too. I have'nt heard that expression in years.:D
Hey, I am getting up there, so I gotta keep the old ones going.

roostwear
03-26-2004, 05:41 PM
It would be REALLY great if Ultra made a statement by boycotting D&S. Ultra could apply a corporate code of ethics for it's vendors, and D&S wouldn't have to push the non-Ultra work to the back because they are too busy.

Dream Chaser
03-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Good Idea

THATJEFFGUY
03-26-2004, 07:09 PM
That's bullshit ! There's probably a few attorney's offices between your house and D&S. It would be wise to stop by one and get the process started ! Then when you get to D&S, just be cool and handle it "Soprano's style" !

Jordy
03-26-2004, 10:10 PM
You know, I do recognize that boat and it never, I repeat never looked that bad in the time that I owned it. Thanks for picking her up and taking care of her John. You Ultra guys know what the boat thing is about. **** D&S. I'm glad I'm in AZ because if that was me it wouldn't have be a pretty sight. Hope things work out for you Justin. Give me a call.
Jordy :D

Petrofied
03-26-2004, 10:12 PM
:frown: Hey Turko Jr, I mean Fryjet. Nice detective work and photos. " IT AIN'T RIGHT!!! Nice to know through this forum the public is Informed.....
MR.P

RiverToysJas
03-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Unforuntately this is not the first case I've heard of D&S neglecting something that a customer has left there. In the other case I know of, the person also had a very hard time get through or getting a straight answer about the status their interior. The work also took a LOT longer than quoted.
Especially now, I wouldn't use this shop on a bet now. The condition of that boat is just unbelievable and unexceptable.
As for Ultra, good for them for stepping up and helping. It wasn't something they had to do, but it shows they care. Now they have the huge task of instilling a Customer First attitude in their vendor!
RTJas

Wet Dream
03-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Its a shame to see the boat in that condition. I'm glad someone got out there and helped with the rescue. It almost looks like the damn thing was parked underneath the exhaust chute for the sawdust remover and they were hoping the rain would wash it away. :( I'm not trying to rub anything in, but I built my own frames, designed my own scheme and it was finished for less than $800. Plus I got to keep all the extra material. Someone's making some bank out there, and its definately not paying for storage space. Sorry to see your boat like that.

Backtanner
03-27-2004, 03:42 AM
What's all the fuss about? That is a slick, one of a kind enclosed engine compartment installed there!! Sorry, just trying to light the mood. Hell, my boat's been in outside storage for a year now and still doesn't look that bad.
Originally posted by FryJet
Hey Justin, if I were you I would get in my truck and go get your boat. I didnt want to make waves with you and those guys so I told some guy named Danny that I wanted to get my interior done in a boat kind of like the green one sitting back there (outside in the back). I walked up and thought WTF????????? I asked what type of interior he was doing for the Schiada and he danced around and didnt want anything to do with me seeing it. So I asked how long to do my interior? He told me 3500 bucks and 2-4 weeks, yea ok. I asked for a business card, no dice, their getting made or something like that. He said bring on down and they'll get right on it.:wink: Sorry but you're not going to like these pictures my friend.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_005.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_006.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_007.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_009.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954Picture_010.jpg
Im thinking not much has been done to your boat and if thats your green cover in front of it then that hasnt been on there for a while by looking at the pictures. Sorry to be the one to show you but you need to look elsewhere for a interior, reguardless of what they say when you get ahold of them. Let me know if you want me to drag it out of there, im sure I could find a few friends to go down there with me to pick it up and take it to my house. Let me know.
Chris

Dream Chaser
03-27-2004, 09:39 PM

OutCole'd
03-27-2004, 09:52 PM
This is an amazing story,
Great job by the guys at Ultra...

moneysucker
03-27-2004, 10:35 PM
That was really cool of John and Steve and has earned some serious respect in my book.
78 if you want I can help you build some frames for that thing just buy materials. I built seats for 2 of my roommates each in one night. You do your own resin. I finished refurbishing one set in an hour and a half. I am in Nor Cal this weekend but I can possibly get you taken care of friday night I am assembling my motor sat. Let me know we can work something out. Just sit back and drink a few beers and do a little sanding and assembly it is really easy. the garage has cable and a refrigerator.
Cy

Salty Cracker
03-28-2004, 03:26 AM
John and Steve, you boys are the real deal.....It's nice to see people do the right thing!!
Right now you two are probably batting about a thousand with the boat gods......GOOD JOB!!!
BTW, does d&s have a website or email??

DeltaSigBoater
03-28-2004, 04:09 AM
CUSTOM CANVAS CO 909-981-7179
5482 ARROW HWY
MONTCLAIR, CA 91763

Charley
03-28-2004, 05:02 AM
High 5's too John and Steve @ ultra for steppin up.... Classy move! This will cost D&S Huge revenues, shame on them... you can't be in the boat business and not realize what a **** up this is :mad:

73kona455
03-28-2004, 01:01 PM
moneysucker,
do you have a good picture of the rear seat set up.?.. that would look great in my boat.
thanks,
bill

TheLurker
03-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Have to add my props! to John and Steve at Ultra.
Way to go that extra mile and help out a fellow ***boater.
The good Karma will be with you two.

moneysucker
03-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 73kona455
moneysucker,
do you have a good picture of the rear seat set up.?.. that would look great in my boat.
thanks,
bill
Here is a view from the back. I wasn't done with the middle yet. The theory there is to put a sub in there and make the rear like two buckets but still have tha option of an uncomfortable third seat.

moneysucker
03-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Here is a second set of pix with the rest of the measurements you will need to build them.

moneysucker
03-28-2004, 06:25 PM
here is a set complete out of Rubber ducky's boat. I didn't build them but they look very similar.

77charger
03-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Charley
High 5's too John and Steve @ ultra for steppin up.... Classy move! This will cost D&S Huge revenues, shame on them... you can't be in the boat business and not realize what a **** up this is :mad: I dont think it will affect them much as long as they continue to do the interior for ultras boats.
They obviously dont seem to have time to do other cutumers boats.A friend of mine took his boat there was told two weeks no prob but more like 2 months.d&S was hard to get a hold of etc,etc,

roostwear
03-28-2004, 07:19 PM
High 5's too John and Steve @ ultra for steppin up.... Classy move! This will cost D&S Huge revenues, shame on them... you can't be in the boat business and not realize what a **** up this is :mad:
It really only affects their revenue if Ultra does something. If they can't turn out a retail job in 6 months, what difference would THAT make to their bottom line?

Dr. Eagle
03-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Ditto...........

Brodie
03-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Dang, those terds have some nerve messing with such a cool boat,.
Lucky that wanst a Sanger or Id hafta go down there and put the hert on.
78, you are a popular dude.

78Eliminator
05-11-2004, 11:33 AM
BUMP.
Just a little reminder, that D&S are a bunch of mother ****ers.

Brodie
05-11-2004, 12:06 PM
you're little dog is funney.

78Eliminator
05-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Brodie
you're little dog is funney.
He will kill on command

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2004, 12:20 PM
he's not funny.. he is cute.. and he is protecting the brand new looking boat with the awesome interior.. ;) looks awesome BTW..;)

Brodie
05-11-2004, 12:25 PM
He will kill on command
i aint ascared of that little doggie

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2004, 12:27 PM
did 78 mention the little doggies only attacks on command if you are a red head.. LOL!! :D :D :D

OGShocker
05-11-2004, 12:28 PM
BUMP.
Just a little reminder, that D&S are a bunch of mother ****ers.
LMAO!!:D

Ziggy
05-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey, he's named after me(well sorta by accident) and I'm much, much bigger...You Skeered now?:D j/k
BTW--is D&S related to the shop up in the 909 too? just curious.

78Eliminator
05-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Hey, he's named after me(well sorta by accident) and I'm much, much bigger...You Skeered now?:D j/k
BTW--is D&S related to the shop up in the 909 too? just curious.
YES! So don't go there.
Ziggy is trained to remove testicles with his razor sharp teeth. I even lost one of mine while training him. He is one bad mother ****er, weighing in at 9 lbs.......

Ziggy
05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
LOL--I'm not a testicle muncher by any stretch but I do like cashews, pistachio's and peanuts.:D :D
So D&S in the 909 is one in the same eh? I was curious cuz they did the interior on my new boat, seems quality so far and they had it done in the time promised...it seems they take care of the new stuff before helping out the walk ins(you'd think they'd learn). :rolleyes:
I went and checked on mine while they were on it, I saw no weird shit going on...other than the fact they were working out of their homes because of a fire or something where their shop was.
Its a shame they treated your boat the way they did---no class!

lucky
05-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
Its a shame to see the boat in that condition. I'm glad someone got out there and helped with the rescue. It almost looks like the damn thing was parked underneath the exhaust chute for the sawdust remover and they were hoping the rain would wash it away. :( I'm not trying to rub anything in, but I built my own frames, designed my own scheme and it was finished for less than $800. Plus I got to keep all the extra material. Someone's making some bank out there, and its definately not paying for storage space. Sorry to see your boat like that. I did the exsact same thing on my boat - except i had my friend stitch the covers - I/we installed - two seats and a deck cover - price material and wood 800.00 helping another friend do his the same we did mine .

J540
05-11-2004, 02:52 PM
It's a shame how the boat was treated, but i have known Danny and daniel since they worked at Cole boats. they both have always help me out. and thats with any boat i took over. my boat is a 94 cole v drive and the interior is just starting to rip at one seam in the front bow section, all the wood is resined and glass up, and this boat gets 250 min, hrs, a yr on it . so i dont know what happen with these two guys. they know me very well and have all ways done me right, yes some times taken extra 2/3 days but thats it. but no mater if the boat is old or new you should always take the best care of it especially when it's a customers that could bring in more BIS, mabe thats the problem thay dont want to turn away boats, then you neglect outher boats.:(

lucky
05-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
LOL--I'm not a testicle muncher by any stretch but I do like cashews, pistachio's and peanuts.:D :D
So D&S in the 909 is one in the same eh? I was curious cuz they did the interior on my new boat, seems quality so far and they had it done in the time promised...it seems they take care of the new stuff before helping out the walk ins(you'd think they'd learn). :rolleyes:
I went and checked on mine while they were on it, I saw no weird shit going on...other than the fact they were working out of their homes because of a fire or something where their shop was.
Its a shame they treated your boat the way they did---no class! HAY - its what's used for seats ...