PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to.....

Ivan Dan
03-26-2004, 10:30 PM
clean the interior on your boat? I'm just curious what all you guys use to clean the upholstery and floors? I've heard Soft Scrub (bleachless)??? Other ideas that won't harm the interior?

Forkin' Crazy
03-26-2004, 10:36 PM
409 works pretty good at smudges.
Oxyclean?:)

Wet Dream
03-26-2004, 10:39 PM
I was pretty impressed with Simple Green. Straight out of the bottle with a cloth, but can be diluted.

RiverToysJas
03-26-2004, 10:41 PM
WD-40 ;)
JUST KIDDING! :D
I got some great stuff from a detail guy with a booth at the Long Beach Swap Meet. I'll have to see what it's called and let you know.
RTJas :D

Doug H.
03-26-2004, 11:51 PM
I too use simple green but spray it on the cloth first and then use, otherwise you spray it on your upholstery the and some spray tend to get air born and on to the gelcoat and then you'll have to wipe that down too..........Big Doug.

Stupid Fast
03-27-2004, 04:44 AM
Purple power and a baby hair brush works womders on white vinel.

Salty Cracker
03-27-2004, 08:55 AM
I use the smart and final brand cleaner/degreaser and the stuff takes off almost anything, my interior is still ultra white... and for stains, use hand cleaner like gojo or orange clean with a nail brush, works awesome.
Whatever I use, I always come by with a bucket of clean water and go over everything after I am done, just to make sure nothing is gonna eat my stitching...

Mohavekid
03-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Simple green works great.
WD-40 works great on old adhesive from stickers or tape.

welk2party
03-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Will Simple green make the dirty stitching white again? I am afraid to use Orange cleaner, seems pretty aggressive.

upriverHTM
03-27-2004, 10:43 AM
boat ulpholstry guy turned me on to awesome (get it at the dollar store) have to dillute it 50% he said works really good

Debbolas
03-27-2004, 12:00 PM
With our old boat, I would vaccume the inside, (Our carpet turned into concrete after a while) Use windex on the windows and a sponge with mild soapy water for the seat cusions and everything use upholstry cleaner on the seats every now and then. The secrete is to clean and wipe ASAP, don't leave any water to sit. At the river you can use vinegar and water (a mild solution) to spritz your boat and keep it pretty. Just spray and wipe. There is a comercial product, I think called "Duckie" that does the same thing, just smells better and costs more. We loved it for the windows after suntan lotion clad kids rubbed up against them, like kids do. I am so happy my new boat does not have any stinking windows!!!
:)

DeltaSigBoater
03-27-2004, 12:21 PM
On the seats in my boston whaler, i use simple green and or soap & water. I'm not to worried if anything happens to the seats they were $40 at west marine, but none the less better than sitting on a wood bench!
On the boat at the lake, same deal, just tend to be more aware of what I'm doing, and take my time. As for the floors, shop-vac out the sand.
stay away from SOFT SCRUB, it will damage your interior and gel coat.

Dr. Eagle
03-27-2004, 12:42 PM
I have used simple green most of the time straight. I was going to buy some stuff the Eliminator Factory suggested, but then I got rid of the Eliminator, bought the Ultra with the cloth interior...so I found the need lacking... It was called Flite made by a company in Chatsworth.
I do use 303 Protectant on any vinyl I have to seal and protect it. It works wonders...:D
Oh, I'd be careful with things like the Castrol Purple degreaser it is verrry harsh and will also oxidize aluminum. Kinda looks like an alka seltzer on the aluminum... verrry bad!

Tom Brown
03-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Spray 9

Mr.Havasu
03-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Use this Orange concentrate to clean it nice and bright, then Vinyl Protectant to condidtion and protect, will stay nice for years.
Available Here!
Cleaners (http://www.attn-to-detail.com)
Don't even have to leave your house, shop at home, use credit card, delivered to your door.:)

phebus
03-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Shameless :D

Mrs Luvnlife
03-27-2004, 07:41 PM
We use Spray Nine for the upholstery......works awesome!! I think we ordered it through West Marine. Really keeps the white looking 'white'!!!

Mr.Havasu
03-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Shameless :D
I know but I couldn't help myself:devil:

Mike67rs
03-27-2004, 08:06 PM
I use Westley's Leather and Vinyl Cleaner available at Pep Boys. It has a protectant formula. When I can't afford that, I just use Simple Green, the wonder cleaner.

riverbound
03-27-2004, 08:11 PM
I use simple green diluted and a scrub brush on everything carpet vinyl and engine then use lots of water to rinse.

Mr.Havasu
03-28-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
I use simple green diluted and a scrub brush .
"Scrub Brush" is the real secret! you realy can't clean vinyl effectively without one. That's the only way to get into the poures.