PDA

View Full Version : New Arizona Property Owner

SoCalOffshore
03-27-2004, 10:39 AM
I am proud to announce that I closed escrow this week on my lot in the Refuge. Now all I have to do is build a house. :D

RUCAV
03-27-2004, 07:16 PM
SCO
If you dont mind me asking, what are lots going for there? Size and location to water. Does the preserve have a marina or launch. Ive been wanting to get something out there, but the girl is more worried about our place here in OC. I keep my boat at Campbell storage. Thanks for the info.
RUCAV

welk2party
03-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Congrats on the property!:D Party at your house when its done.:) :D :D

SoCalOffshore
03-27-2004, 09:34 PM
It is now sold out. Although, I think there are some resales available. The price depends on the view. I got mine for $162 with a river and mountain view overlooking 2 fairways. No launch ramp, but Arnold Palmer golf course and country club. Thanks.

Mr.Havasu
03-28-2004, 07:31 AM
I was the office manager there untill last month when I decided it was time to get back into sales. At the time they still had approx. 30 lots left. You could get an interior lot(Not backed up to the golf course) for just a little under 100K and a fairway lot for approx 170K. I'll check today but I'm pretty sure there are still a few left. I feel it is by far one of the best investments in town.
If anyone is interested in more info PM me and I'd be happy to give them the inside scoop. I'd also be happy to sell you a lot in there. (hurry they won't last much longer).
SoCal, if your going to build and you want my un-bias opinion, use Venterra Homes(Steve Hatch) you won't get a finer home built by a nicer guy! He also is a fellow Hot Hot boater and has been known to lurk here:D

SoCalOffshore
03-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Warlock25, I spoke to Steve Hatch on Friday afternoon. I will be meeting his architect next weekend. Can you get me a discount? :D What is your reasoning for using him? I have a had a couple peeps mention him.

TCHB
03-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Is there a time limit on how long you can keep the lot vacant??

framer1
03-28-2004, 06:06 PM
After two years you have to landscape the empty lot and maintain it.

missboatnam1
03-28-2004, 09:32 PM
what are the per sq foot for building going for in havasu? they were about 85.00 less than a year ago now i hear they are about 200.00 is that right?
ow congrats on the land!!

Essex502
03-29-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by missboatnam1
what are the per sq foot for building going for in havasu? they were about 85.00 less than a year ago now i hear they are about 200.00 is that right?
ow congrats on the land!!
It all depends on the builder...I just signed a construction contract with Summit Builders yesterday for a nearly 2000 sq.ft. home on my lot for right around $92 per sq. ft. including the upgrades. If you want more info PM me - I'd be happy to talk to you. We did a lot of house hunting in the last 2-3 months.

Mr.Havasu
03-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
Warlock25, I spoke to Steve Hatch on Friday afternoon. I will be meeting his architect next weekend. Can you get me a discount? :D What is your reasoning for using him? I have a had a couple peeps mention him.
Wait till you meet him, He is very easy to work with and he knows his trade. His architect (spence) is top in his field as well. He is a very humble man and will not tell you about his long list of accomplishments and awards. Havasu is fortunite he moved here with Steve Hatch to be apart of this project. He works exclusively with Steve.
I'm sure all 5 builders can build the same house and their Sq.Ft. price will be similar, but on a personal basis I would give my business to Steve. Just my opinion.

Essex502
03-29-2004, 09:10 AM
I got the impression from talking to the builders at the Refuge that the pricing would be closer to $200 sq.ft. We almost bought one of the interior lots for $100K until we talked to the builders. Felt we'd be better off building elsewhere. Don't get me wrong...the homes are going to be beautiful and the development will be fantastic when done but for a vacation home it was more than we wanted to spend.
Good luck on the new home, SCO!

missboatnam1
03-29-2004, 11:00 AM
thanks essex, i HEARD it was 200.00 a sq foot and i couldent belive that was correct....we got quoted 87.00 sq foot less than a year ago ....do the people in the refuge have to use the builder there?? maybe thats why its so much more there....well i do appracate your info, we may be copntacting you soon...i was lookinf on the web yesterday for the contractors in havasu but no luck, probly looking in the wrong spots.....
thanks!!
:) :) :)

Essex502
03-29-2004, 11:46 AM
As I understand from visiting the Refuge 3 times before we walked away...you have to use one of the 6 builders that are part of the project. Nationwide has a selection of, I think, 5 models or you can pick one of the custom builders. Different lots have different restrictions on builders, i.e. only Nationwide can build on certain sections. There probably is a little "uplift" in home pricing due to a "captive" audience having to use the 5+1 builders.
I thought there were still sections that haven't gone up for sale yet - as of the last time I visited the complex a coupla' months ago. Don't get me wrong - it's a beautiful place but your money can go further elsewhere, I think. Time will tell.

Mr.Havasu
03-29-2004, 12:10 PM
I called there yesterday and The custom lots have completly sold out from the developer. They do have some re-sales available but of course they are asking more for them.
Nationwide still has home sites available but you would have to start building right away.
You can get the builders to build for less than 200 a foot. most people in there are going with all of the top of the line products, ie: granite, marble etc.

dr. margarita
03-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
Now all I have to do is build a house. :D
Let me know if you need an Architect...We'll do something way better than what's out there now! PM for more info!

framer1
03-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Jost recieved letter in mail today all lots sold at refuge five years ahead of schedule. That's sure make me feel good about investment. Bought lots in BHC same story going on there. All i'm saying is if your interested in LHC or BHC you better get moving.

SoCalOffshore
03-29-2004, 04:39 PM
All good comments. From my discussions to this point, building costs are $132 to $150 on average and some are $200 based upon upgrades and ammenities. I will be going there this weekend and will find out more.

framer1
03-29-2004, 04:44 PM
How upgraded for that price granite, nice cabinets upgraded plumbing fixtures etc.

missboatnam1
03-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by missboatnam1
thanks essex, i HEARD it was 200.00 a sq foot and i couldent belive that was correct....we got quoted 87.00 sq foot less than a year ago ....do the people in the refuge have to use the builder there?? maybe thats why its so much more there....well i do appracate your info, we may be copntacting you soon...i was lookinf on the web yesterday for the contractors in havasu but no luck, probly looking in the wrong spots.....
thanks!!
:) :) :)
i should not be typing with out my eyes on LOL, that was pretty bad... :eek:
yea, we are heading out there thursday friday....do a little homework.....:)

Essex502
03-30-2004, 03:16 PM
missboatnam1 - if you need any recommendations on realtors or brokers or builders let me know...we looked at a bunch. If you're into building a new home, stop by River Valley Mortgage and get a copy of their Model Home Guide. It lists most of the builders in the LHC area and the location of the models as of the time it was printed (2 months ago). Prices are already a little off but their relative to each other. Ask for Debbie Oster and tell her Essex502 sent you.