PDA

View Full Version : Simple CD Player Install........Help!

HavasuDreamin'
03-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Ordered a Kenwood CD player since my old one crapped out.....wet to many times. I've got it all hooked up, and it keeps ejecting the CD immediately. CD isn't dirty, I have tried several.
The wiring is as simple as it gets, but perhaps I am still doing something wrong. :confused: The battery lead and ignition lead from the CD player are wired to the postive and the ground is grounded. Speaker wires are connected. Getting fuzz out of it (no antenna, which is fine), but CD keeps ejecting?????
Help?

Dr. Eagle
03-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Ordered a Kenwood CD player since my old one crapped out.....wet to many times. I've got it all hooked up, and it keeps ejecting the CD immediately. CD isn't dirty, I have tried several.
The wiring is as simple as it gets, but perhaps I am still doing something wrong. :confused: The battery lead and ignition lead from the CD player are wired to the postive and the ground is grounded. Speaker wires are connected. Getting fuzz out of it (no antenna, which is fine), but CD keeps ejecting?????
Help?
Maybe try power cycling the unit. Unplug the hot all the time wire (pull fuse or whatever) to see if it can clear the brain. Otherwise it sounds like it might be a processor problem IMO... or DOA....
:D

HavasuDreamin'
03-27-2004, 12:42 PM
It has a reset button. I have reset it a few times. Same problem on the rebound.

Dr. Eagle
03-27-2004, 12:44 PM
It has a reset button. I have reset it a few times. Same problem on the rebound.
Sounds like it may be toast.....:(

DeltaSigBoater
03-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Send it back

HavasuDreamin'
03-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Buddy just came over. Said it is toast. Back to dealer. :(

1stepcloser
03-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Some units have shipping screws installed from the factory to keep the CD tray from bouncing around during transit. These need to be removed prior to use.
Check around for this, or check the owners manual for info?..?..

HavasuDreamin'
03-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Some units have shipping screws installed from the factory to keep the CD tray from bouncing around during transit. These need to be removed prior to use.
Check around for this, or check the owners manual for info?..?..
Thanks for the heads up, but not the problem in my case. No mention in the manual, etc.
I bought it from Overtons. I must give them their due....they are shipping me out a new unit and a prepaid UPS return label. Pretty good customer service if you ask me. I will buy from them again.
HD :cool:

Dr. Eagle
03-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up, but not the problem in my case. No mention in the manual, etc.
I bought it from Overtons. I must give them their due....they are shipping me out a new unit and a prepaid UPS return label. Pretty good customer service if you ask me. I will buy from them again.
HD :cool:
I have bought quite a few things from Overtons, always took care of me......:D