PDA

View Full Version : ducky sucks, anything else better?

Toomstone
03-28-2004, 06:12 PM
I wiped down the boat today with ducky and it just smeared. the stuff sucks. what else is there to use that works good?

Scream
03-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Vinegar and Water...Sounds like a feminine hygiene product, but it works well and cuts through potential water spots.

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Vinegar and distilled water...followed by Meguier's detail spray (so your boat doesn't smell like a salad).
Simple Green for the oil residue on the transom.

OutCole'd
03-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Was this your second time out? How did it go?

LOWRIVER2
03-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Sundance water spot remover, available at RiverracerX.com
Best stuff by far, I've tried it all and am a convert. It's easier on the wax job than vinegar as well.

Toomstone
03-28-2004, 06:27 PM
it was real nice. saturday was the nicest but we didnt try to make to sandbar. today we went out for about an hour and the wind made it feel like you were going 80 and your only goin 40. the only problem is the depth finder goes off anytime under 30 feet and we cant seem to fix it. we tried to fix for at least 20 minutes and couldnt figure it out. but overall it was a great.

moneysucker
03-28-2004, 06:30 PM
I use Rain X wax as you dry or Eagle 1 wax as you dry. I also use it on the dually (black bastard will spot no matter what water you use on it) I have gotten wax as you dry Marine by rain X (wal mart) but haven't tried it yet.
Cy

Havasu Cig
03-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Ducky'shas always worked great for me, but I follow up with Mequirs Quick detaler like HH said. I tried the vinegar and water mix, but I think the Ducky's works better.

Ziggy
03-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Vinegar and distilled water...followed by Meguier's detail spray (so your boat doesn't smell like a salad).
Make that White Vinegar and Distilled Water---dry's up clean as a whistle and leaves no streaks/residue. Cheap too!

Toomstone
03-28-2004, 06:39 PM
isnt there somebody on the forums who sells some kind of boat cleaner?

OutCole'd
03-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Look Here
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43079

Toomstone
03-28-2004, 06:45 PM
outcole'd heres a couple pics from the trip.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1531Picture_244-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1531Picture_245-med.jpg

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Toomstone
isnt there somebody on the forums who sells some kind of boat cleaner?
I think playdeep sells some.
(he keeps promising to get me some...but mysteriously "can't find me" at Havasu)

boatnam2
03-28-2004, 06:51 PM
warlock25 has the lastest greatest.

Toomstone
03-28-2004, 06:52 PM
. Waxing Frenzy!
• Frenzy! Shark Tower
• Frenzy! Orange Concentrate
• Frenzy! Vinyl Protectant
• Frenzy! Super Degreaser
• Frenzy! Wash & Wax
which ones best to clean the boat?

OutCole'd
03-28-2004, 06:56 PM
outcole'd heres a couple pics from the trip.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1531Picture_244-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1531Picture_245-med.jpg
Sweet Boat!!! You know I am kinda partial to them Magics.:D

OutCole'd
03-28-2004, 06:59 PM
. Waxing Frenzy!
• Frenzy! Shark Tower
• Frenzy! Orange Concentrate
• Frenzy! Vinyl Protectant
• Frenzy! Super Degreaser
• Frenzy! Wash & Wax
which ones best to clean the boat?
PM Warlock25, and ask him. I think it is the spray wax.

boatnam2
03-28-2004, 07:00 PM
go to ***boat west jons number is there give him a call and im sure he will explain the whole deal to you.

Mr.Havasu
03-29-2004, 07:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the referrals,
The spray wax is a fantastic product to replace ducky, quick detail, sundance etc. Just pull your boat out of the water spray on a little and wipe down. no water spots, no hard scrubbing, and a beautiful deep shine. It also has a great scent.
You will want to use the Waxing frenzy to put a deep shine that will last at the beginning of the season. It goes on thin and wipes right off no scrubbing needed.
The shark tower is for the heavy duty stuff like the transom and lower unit. It cleans all your hardware and will remove rust. It also has the same wax in it so no need to go over it with the waxing frenzy. The Shark tower is also great to clean the trailer and rims.
Orange concentrate will deep clean the vinyl, and then keep it clean and conditioned with the vinyl protectant.
Hope that answeres all your question. and yes Ducky does suck!, wait till you compare our spray wax.

sorry dog
03-29-2004, 08:13 AM
For some reason, I find this thread funny...

jackpunx
03-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Ive tried a lot of different stuff.. This is exactly what Ive ended up with.. I have Meguiers magic for the black soot on the back and it works great as well.
good luck

H20 Party Starter
03-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Repeat after me.....
Ducky Sucks!!!
Ducky Sucks!!!
Ducky Sucks!!!
Ducky Sucks!!!
Ducky Sucks!!!
Hey Ducky....How those boat mods Goin?:D

OutCole'd
03-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Warlock, I am going to try to get to Havasu next week and stop by and pick up some of your product. I will give you a call, I assume I can get your number from the site.
Thanks.

Mr.Havasu
03-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Warlock, I am going to try to get to Havasu next week and stop by and pick up some of your product. I will give you a call, I assume I can get your number from the site.
Thanks.
It's posted under my signature. I will have all the products in stock next Monday the 5th. Just call first to make sure someone is home and I get you the address.

Ziggy
03-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Ive tried a lot of different stuff.. This is exactly what Ive ended up with.. I have Meguiers magic for the black soot on the back and it works great as well.
good luck
WD40 works for that kinda soot but leaves some residue to clean off again.

Debbolas
05-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
Thanks everyone for the referrals,
The spray wax is a fantastic product to replace ducky, quick detail, sundance etc. Just pull your boat out of the water spray on a little and wipe down. no water spots, no hard scrubbing, and a beautiful deep shine. It also has a great scent.
You will want to use the Waxing frenzy to put a deep shine that will last at the beginning of the season. It goes on thin and wipes right off no scrubbing needed.
The shark tower is for the heavy duty stuff like the transom and lower unit. It cleans all your hardware and will remove rust. It also has the same wax in it so no need to go over it with the waxing frenzy. The Shark tower is also great to clean the trailer and rims.
Orange concentrate will deep clean the vinyl, and then keep it clean and conditioned with the vinyl protectant.
Hope that answeres all your question. and yes Ducky does suck!, wait till you compare our spray wax.
I just wanted to let you know, we used your product on our boat this Saturday (if you can't put your boat in the water, you can clean it and pretend)
Your products are awesome. The orange concentrate got most of the marks off our vinyl, (there are a few left, any suggestions?) Then we protected the vinyl with the silicone stuff. Mr. Scream washed the outside and waxed half of it.
So thanks agian!!
Great stuff....we want to send some to our friend in Arizona for his Kachina boat as a birthday present!
:cool: :D :D

6 Dollar Boat
05-02-2004, 10:07 PM
I use Driven products, they are always at the boat shows and don't streak like Ducky.
http://www.driventoperfection.com/