PDA

View Full Version : March 28-29th Weekend Recap

roln 20s
03-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Well, first off, I was only in Havasu for Saturday, Amanda (my gf) and I left Phx at 6am, and got home at midnight. Moral of the story- one day Havasu trips should NOT happen...you always need more.
Alright, so the two reasons I went there:
1) drive Dr Margs 25 Howard Bullet
2) meet with Warlock25 and look at Lots and homes.
Impressions- the 25 Bullet is amazing. what a great ride. I drove it to 63mph GPS (approx 4600-4700RPM), as steady as a rock, great reaction to trim, really rides well. I'm definately impressed! What would I change-- I think I would buy the closed bow. Everything else is just perfect. Dr Marg- thanks so much. We had a blast, can't wait to do it again.
In steamboat is what great to meet everyone from LV ***boats. Beautiful boats, and more importantly, GREAT people.
Boxscore- great to meet you and your wife, amazing boat.
WildLavey, MBrown, Kachina 26, CEO! Didn't get to talk to you, but saw you all and the rides were definately looking good.
Warlock25- thanks so much for the help with the lots and homes. I look forward to working with you some more. I'll stay in touch.
PS- if anyone needs a boat detailed, I saw John's work as we drove by the house with the 2 F29 DCBs- absolutely beautiful. If anyone needs a realtor and housing expect, call Michelle.
Thanks to all and I enjoyed it greatly. Look forward to seeing you all again soon.
I forgot the camera, anyone have any cool shots.
Roln 20s

fourspeednup
03-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a fun trip, brief---but fun.
Did you get a new truck yet? If not I may know of someone who might be interested.;)
----four(((needs to get back in a street scraper)))speed:D

WILD LAVEY
03-28-2004, 08:24 PM
roln, was that you guys at the nautical bay? i had problems with my trim pump, so i didnt get to hangout much. catch ya next time.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-28-2004, 08:27 PM
those DCB's were at my house. :D

roln 20s
03-28-2004, 08:54 PM
WL- yeah, we were in Nautical Bay, this was Dr Margs boat I was in. By the way, we were both talking about your gel-- that thing is just bad ass. Pics do it no justice. To bad about the trim pump, I'll be back there for the Heatwave- hope to meet you then.
MrsFV- super nice house, and the boats didn't look to bad either. You know something is awesome when you see this great house, a F29 in the garage, and then another F29 (Dave's boat) in the driveway. Doesn't get much better than that.
Just4SU- check you voice mail, call me.
Roln 20s

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
WL- yeah, we were in Nautical Bay, this was Dr Margs boat I was in. By the way, we were both talking about your gel-- that thing is just bad ass. Pics do it no justice. To bad about the trim pump, I'll be back there for the Heatwave- hope to meet you then.
MrsFV- super nice house, and the boats didn't look to bad either. You know something is awesome when you see this great house, a F29 in the garage, and then another F29 (Dave's boat) in the driveway. Doesn't get much better than that.
Just4SU- check you voice mail, call me.
Roln 20s
well I know they were up there this weekend. But since you said it was a great house now I am currious if it was ours they were at. LOL!! was it a dead end street? just currious. ;) :D

WILD LAVEY
03-28-2004, 09:02 PM
thanx roln, catch ya at the spring heat wave

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-28-2004, 09:18 PM
they were probably at the house of the owner that owns the black and red DCB. our house is pretty small. ;)

boxscore
03-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Good to meet you also Patrick... I thought I was a boat junkie until talking to you. My wife gets a lil tired of hearing about it... your GF must hate you for it. Take her to a mall every once in a while, go visit Zales.
Thx Doc Marg for the drinks. Enviable rig you have.

roln 20s
03-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Boxscore- yeah...I guess you could say I like boats...everything about them...well except the cost :D Actually, my girlfriend grew up around hotrods, so little details and talking about this stuff (to some point) she enjoys. Thats one reason why she is a keeper...so far :D
I wonder if I will talk about boats as much once I finally own one? humm....yeah probably, just in a different light.
Roln 20s

Kachina26
03-29-2004, 06:28 AM
Who was in the DCB next to me in the Channel?

LAVEYSABRE575
03-29-2004, 06:29 AM
great wkend it was nice putting some faces with the boats nice meeting mbrown, 6 dollar,and boxscore also i discovered the famous grey goose orange/cran and i can tell you i wont be drinking that anymore personal reasons it taste to dam good..derek

Essex502
03-29-2004, 07:13 AM
Good to meet you R20! Had a great time hangin' with everyone in Steamboat Friday and Saturday. Tow awesome days.

Mr.Havasu
03-29-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
they were probably at the house of the owner that owns the black and red DCB. our house is pretty small. ;)
Yep! That's were I detailed them. At a nice house on a nice street in a nice town at an undisclosed location;) They are two beautifull boats for sure.

Mr.Havasu
03-29-2004, 07:21 AM
It was very nice meeting you and Amanda this week end. Thanks so much for the recommendations. I look forwards to working with you to help you build a home here in the near future.
Michele

mbrown2
03-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Roln, saw you guys at Steamboat...sorry, would have stopped but we were on patrol looking for a couple of friends.
Nice to meet Wild Lavey and Laveysabre575....great weekend, until I lost an blade on one of the props doing about 85 going back to the Springs....Boat ran good for about the last 5 miles after it happened...it was when I slowed to an idle where I felt the sick vibration...

rivercrazy
03-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Roln, saw you guys at Steamboat...sorry, would have stopped but we were on patrol looking for a couple of friends.
Nice to meet Wild Lavey and Laveysabre575....great weekend, until I lost an blade on one of the props doing about 85 going back to the Springs....Boat ran good for about the last 5 miles after it happened...it was when I slowed to an idle where I felt the sick vibration...
Do you throw a blade on a Merc prop? I've been hearing that this has been recently a big problem for many of Merc prop's. You might check to see if you can have Merc anti-up for a new replacement under warranty:mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
what did it look like?;)

Kachina26
03-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Had some maroon to it I think, I was tired from driving out at 4am and sitting in the sun all day. The owner said "i've seen pics of your boat before" Then I said " are you on the boards" he said Ya and that was about it. I didn't have the sense to see who it was lol I was kinda beat.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-29-2004, 09:24 AM
I was currious because a buddy of ours was out this weekend and I thought maybe it was him. ;)

Kachina26
03-29-2004, 09:32 AM
got a pic of his boat? I would know it if I saw it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-29-2004, 09:37 AM
it's not a very good pic of the boat but this is him and the boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/719DCB_photo_shoot_015-med.jpg

Kachina26
03-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Nope not him.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-29-2004, 09:44 AM
:D

mbrown2
03-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Do you throw a blade on a Merc prop? I've been hearing that this has been recently a big problem for many of Merc prop's. You might check to see if you can have Merc anti-up for a new replacement under warranty:mad:
We be going down that road.

dr. margarita
03-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Impressions- the 25 Bullet is amazing. what a great ride. I drove it to 63mph GPS (approx 4600-4700RPM), as steady as a rock, great reaction to trim, really rides well. I'm definately impressed! What would I change-- I think I would buy the closed bow. Everything else is just perfect. Dr Marg- thanks so much. We had a blast, can't wait to do it again.
Roln 20s
Your welcome Dude. Hey everyone on the boards, keep an eye out for Roln 20's! He'll either be the future mayor of Lake Havasu City or simply own the town outright....he's an up and comer!! And by the way Patrick....Amanda is definately a keeper!! Think about coming out for the Regatta at the end of June...you can ride with us! It'll be a kids free weekend!:D

dr. margarita
03-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by WILD LAVEY
roln, was that you guys at the nautical bay? i had problems with my trim pump, so i didnt get to hangout much. catch ya next time.
Look forward to meeting WL. Your boat is amazing!

dr. margarita
03-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Hey K26, saw your boat in Steamboat, man does it look good on the water!!

Kachina26
03-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Thanx Dr M, The wife and I were getting some much needed alone time Saturday. I think I saw your ride too, those Howards sure look sweet.

roln 20s
03-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Your welcome Dude. Hey everyone on the boards, keep an eye out for Roln 20's! He'll either be the future mayor of Lake Havasu City or simply own the town outright....he's an up and comer!! And by the way Patrick....Amanda is definately a keeper!! Think about coming out for the Regatta at the end of June...you can ride with us! It'll be a kids free weekend!
I'd rather be the owner of the the town than the mayor, oh what the heck, I should just be both. As the owner, I can make all the decisions-hehe :) Discount gas for all :D
Thanks again. BTW- already talked to Gene this morning. Told him I liked it, was more than satisified with the power, but want to ride in a 28 harddeck. My request should be answered around the ***boat trials. Gonna ride in KillerV's boat with Mike--KillerV, not sure if you are aware of this yet :D but i can't wait.
I am going to make an effort to get to the regatta as well, thanks so much for the offer, I'll keep you posted.
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
03-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Gonna ride in KillerV's boat with Mike--KillerV
You're in for a real treat!

Three Days Only
03-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Gonna ride in KillerV's boat with Mike--KillerV
When is this going down. Im going up with him this weekend. His Howard runs very well with that Brumett motor in it. Silent, but deadly. Gotta love that turbo motor.
Jeff

dr. margarita
03-29-2004, 12:51 PM
My request should be answered around the ***boat trials.
Roln 20s
I may be there. Check'n to see if GT can go!

roln 20s
03-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Um, according to Gene- Jim will have the boat out there during the Performance Trials- Mike is going down there for Howard. I was told the 15th of April-18th. I'm going to take that Friday off of work and head down there. I've got to finalize this with Mike and I'm sure he will talk to Jim (killerv).
Dr Marg- thats awesome- I would love to hang out again and love to meet up with GT. That would be awesome. Keep me posted.
3DO- hows the boat with the new motors?
Roln 20s

Sun burners
03-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Try showing up in the morning and leaving in the afternoon!
Good thing I got to drink a little and get on the water!

Three Days Only
03-29-2004, 04:08 PM
3DO- hows the boat with the new motors?
Roln 20s
Really good, the motors run great. Too bad my starboard drive is having some difficulty. Looks like I owe Mike some of my hard earned cash. Forget lasting through mermorial day, it didnt even last through my first trip.
Jeff