PDA

View Full Version : What should a lift kit cost?

clownpuncher
03-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Just curious. Got a few quotes hear in the desert. Looking at all brands.
What's your knowledge of what certain brands cost? RCD, FabTech etc.
What's the best for comfort, reliability, perfomance. Thank you thank you thank you. Roland

clownpuncher
03-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Oh yeah, I want it installed too. Don't wanna try to do it myself.

BADBLOWN572
03-29-2004, 02:58 PM
What type of truck? 2 or 4 wd?

fourspeednup
03-29-2004, 02:58 PM
What type of truck?

clownpuncher
03-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Sorry. '01, F250, 4x4, 7.3 psd. 5.5 - 7 inch lift

Chris Winn
03-29-2004, 03:06 PM
hello,
RCD and Fabtech are both really good brands, i have had good luck (and pricing) at 4 wheel parts wholesalers. they also have stores in quite a few spots, and their warranty is good at any location. make sure if you do not go with the resivored shocks that you use the Bilstien shocks (IMO) they have given me the best in terms of ride and durability.

upriverHTM
03-29-2004, 03:08 PM
have you looked into skyjacker? its a good kit, rides good

fourspeednup
03-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Check these guys out if you're up for a drive for quality work
SDHQ (http://www.superdutyheadquarters.com/storemain.htm)
They specialize is ford super duty's and seem to really know their shit. I think they are in Mesa, AZ(bout 20min outside Phoenix)
Jackpunx had his 04 lifted there, as well as some other work and seemed very pleased---may want to shoot him a pm
:cool:

boatnam2
03-29-2004, 03:10 PM
call 4wheelunlimited and ask for ben.its in pomona.

clownpuncher
03-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at a lot of brands. I just got quoted here in Palm Springs 4500.00 for a 5.5 fab tech, 2 Bilsteins resevoirs in front and single in rear. Seemed high to me. Still gotta buy tires too

hd&boatrider
03-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Just curious. Got a few quotes hear in the desert. Looking at all brands.
What's your knowledge of what certain brands cost? RCD, FabTech etc.
What's the best for comfort, reliability, perfomance. Thank you thank you thank you. Roland
Wired For Sound does some pretty trick trucks. I don't know their pricing or anything like that but they will definitely stand by their work. 909-696-2200, ask for Adam and tell them Tom sent you.

Rev. Williams
03-29-2004, 03:26 PM
None of these places have a lift for my 2004 4x4 fx4 F-150 ???
What the hell ? And I need 18" rims to clear the new larger brakes and thats been a problem also.
Somebody has to have a "Source" for this stuff :D Help !!

NastyOne
03-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Chris Winn
hello,
RCD and Fabtech are both really good brands, i have had good luck (and pricing) at 4 wheel parts wholesalers. they also have stores in quite a few spots, and their warranty is good at any location. make sure if you do not go with the resivored shocks that you use the Bilstien shocks (IMO) they have given me the best in terms of ride and durability.
Did you pay for it?
hahaha J/K :p I couldnt help myself.

Chris Winn
03-29-2004, 04:02 PM
hey Rev,
i have seen a lift kit for your 04 ford, i think it was Fabtech or procomp. i was reading four wheeler mag and they do have them, there was a nice pic of one with i think 35's. there are lots of 18's out there (i don't think that 1/2 tons rim on yours are hub-centric) so i would look at Weld wheels or centerlines (agian four wheel parts had some great deals going where you buy 3 tires get one free + a discount on weld wheels)
good luck

Phat Matt
03-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Call Ralph at DZ Motorsports in Upland. He can do anything, does great work, and he's a river bro too. Check out their site at www.liftmytruck.com (http://www.liftmytruck.com) or call him at 909.608.0015
Tell him Matt from X103.9 refered you and he'll take care of you. He lifted my Excursion last year and it looks great.

Phat Matt
03-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey Rev. Williams,
Ralph was just talking to me about doing the new F150. He wants to do one so he can puts pics up on his website. You should call him.

TANG-INATOR
03-29-2004, 04:36 PM
www.donahoeracing.com Ive had a couple of different lifts on my superduty. These are by far the best riding of them all. Guaranteed not to sag for life! They are called The Edge. I wouldnt do another lift without using this brand and no I dont work for them. But if you like Skyjacker, I have a couple of brand new springs sittin in my garage that are for sale. Springs only. Nuttin else. You can also check out www.thedieselstop.com for more info.

FORDFLEETMAN
03-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Rev. Williams
None of these places have a lift for my 2004 4x4 fx4 F-150 ???
What the hell ? And I need 18" rims to clear the new larger brakes and thats been a problem also.
Somebody has to have a "Source" for this stuff :D Help !!
Call 4wd Parts, they do it.. We have them instock at Rancho Ford if you want to see what they look like.

Phat Matt
03-29-2004, 04:42 PM
The Edge is what they put on mine and I have to agree it's pretty good. They know Fords.

CustomCruiser
03-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Talk to Al at Al's Performance Suspension in Temecula. He did the lift on my '04 F350. He installed an 8" ProComp suspension lift with Fox Racing shocks. It rides and handles very well. If I had to do it over, I would not change a thing.
909-695-2323

sigepmock
03-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Try Rancho Motor Sports
909-390-9722
Ask for Chris Riley tell him Chris Mock(supercharged 2500HD) sent you.
They do great work and are located at the 10 fwy 15 fwy intersection in Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga.
Sorry don't have prices for you but Chris will give you the straight deal. Good Luck.

Kilrtoy
03-29-2004, 05:09 PM
ASk JACKPUNX
he just did his truck looks nice

cc322
03-29-2004, 05:28 PM
For rhe superduty I thinkk rcd and the edge are very good products . Whatever you get make sure you get BILSTIEN shocks the rest are crap imo:D

Ivan Dan
03-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Don't forget Fasttimmy works at Donahoe Racing and they have a killer kit for the Superduty's. Give him a call at (714) 632-3033.

TheEduKATor
03-29-2004, 08:02 PM
BD Motorsports in the 909 did my 98 Tahoe 2WD with a 7 inch Fabtech lift and air bags in the back. I already had the rims and tires. I think it was $1100-1300 hundred for the lift & airbags installed. The airbags in the back were very nice. I could let the air out when I wasn't towing and it would be a level ride, but I'd air them up for the long haul to compensate for the weight of the boat and trailer. I don't think they have the same owner so saying I sent you is probably not gonna get you a discount, but they do great work.
Here's a pic with the boat and trailer hooked up fully loaded, no sagging here.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/550tahoe2-med.jpg
Phat Matt,
What happened to your little SUV that you used to tow that boat with. I thought you were going to pop a wheelie when you took off from a dead stop

Phat Matt
03-29-2004, 08:17 PM
EduKATor,
That little SUV is still my daily driver. I bought a new Excursion 4x4 6.0 diesel last year and lifted it. I don't know if you saw it last year. It doesn't feel like I'm pulling a boat anymore.
That little Pathfinder had people laughing at a Suburban last year at Elsinore. My boat made my Nissan look small, and when I was pulling my boat out of the water, the guy next to me with a 20' or smaller boat couldn't get his out of the water. He kept spinning the tires because it was slick. I put it in 4 and pulled right out. Some guy on a quad had to hook up a tow rope to help pull out the Suburban and people at the ramp were laughing their asses off. Moral of the story...bigger isn't always better if you know how to use it! :)

C-2
03-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Just tagging along on this thread, we're also looking to lift our 2003 4X4 Excursion.
Keep em' coming.

TheEduKATor
03-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Phat Matt,
I haven't seen it yet, last time for the regatta I remember you asking me how my new truck handled the boat. Or maybe it was for the 4th, I don't remember it was all a blur. I'm looking to get my 2003 F-250 lifted, lifted right out of my drive way that is. How high did you go with it? I was waiting until my warranty ran out on my truck before I lifted it, but hell the warranty doesn't mean anything since they can't find the problem. What size tires are you sitting on?

Phat Matt
03-29-2004, 09:11 PM
I went with a 4 or 4 1/2 inch lift on 35's. They made sure it was level looking. It makes the truck look more like a truck. It's more proportional now and looks clean.

Dr. Eagle
03-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
BD Motorsports in the 909 did my 98 Tahoe 2WD with a 7 inch Fabtech lift and air bags in the back. I already had the rims and tires. I think it was $1100-1300 hundred for the lift & airbags installed. The airbags in the back were very nice. I could let the air out when I wasn't towing and it would be a level ride, but I'd air them up for the long haul to compensate for the weight of the boat and trailer. I don't think they have the same owner so saying I sent you is probably not gonna get you a discount, but they do great work.
Here's a pic with the boat and trailer hooked up fully loaded, no sagging here.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/550tahoe2-med.jpg
Phat Matt,
What happened to your little SUV that you used to tow that boat with. I thought you were going to pop a wheelie when you took off from a dead stop
You know I wish I could lift my 01 Suburban, but I have the autoride feature and I am not going to do away with that...
Maybe someone will come up with aftermarket electronically controlled shocks that will be compatible. Sooner or later...

TheEduKATor
03-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Dr. Eagle,
I'm sure it will be sooner. My bro and I went to the November SEMA show in Vegas and there were manufacturers with some pretty trick lift & leveling products. I don't know when the products will be released to the public.

Dr. Eagle
03-29-2004, 09:24 PM
That'd be cool. It is a propreitary system though with a purpose built computer. Hopefully GM lets the aftermarket guys in on the trade secrets...;)

BADBLOWN572
03-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Another kit to look into is the Donahoe racing kit. The have all sizes and they ride SWEET! Definitely going to do it when I get my new truck.

rvrpig
03-30-2004, 12:12 AM
I just had my truck lifted by Yoneys Body Shop in Mohave Valley Az. Payed 4000 for RCD 6 inch....with Bilstein shocks....35 tires....Rims..
Rides great and If there is ANY problem they fix it no questions asked. I probably could have gotten it cheaper, but there is something to be said for standing behind your work.

MagicMtnDan
03-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Off Road Unlimited should be on your short list of shops to call for pricing and installation. They're in Burbank on Victory Boulevard and they have a whole fleet of tricked out, lifted Super Dutys out front almost everyday of the week. They do all kinds of show trucks and do the work for a lot of the magazine's project trucks. They know their stuff there and their shop is the kind of place you want your truck modified in (very clean, very professional looking).
As for lifts in general, I think RCD makes the best quality engineered kit available but I'm not sure if they make 'em for Fords. The kit for my Chevy is a 6" RCD and it cost less than $3,000 plus installation, tires and wheels and alignment.
300 N. Victory Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502
Phone 818-848-2020
www.offroadunlimited.com
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/1.jpg
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/9.jpg
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/3.jpg
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/5.jpg

Rev. Williams
03-30-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
Hey Rev. Williams,
Ralph was just talking to me about doing the new F150. He wants to do one so he can puts pics up on his website. You should call him.
I just called over there.... Ralph wont be in until after 1:00
Thanks for the help !!

clownpuncher
03-30-2004, 01:40 PM
Vesco, in the Palm Springs area, I was just quoted 4500.00 for a fabtech 5.5 inch lift, dual bilsteins in front, single in rear. Nothing else. I think it's way high. They probably don't need the business. I still gotta buy tires too.

FastTimmy
03-30-2004, 01:57 PM
I gues I will chime in here.
I will let our reputation and customer service sell our kits and just say this so some of you can get the best ride available. If you go with any other manufacturers lift kit and want to do bilsteins especialy if you want 7100 series shock please get them from us. The ones we sell are valved for the superduty specificaly and will ride far better than the off the shelf valving found in all FOX, Bilstein, Sway a way, king ect. Even many of our 5100 series Bilsteins have a differnt valve rate then a off the shelf bilstein.
Hope this helps someone.
Timmy

jackpunx
03-30-2004, 02:12 PM
the only way to go for the F series truck is Donaho "edge" with Bilsteins. I got a 6" with 37's and a bunch of other stuff done.. PM me for more info.
I drove to AZ to get the work done by SDHQ super duty headquarters. They hooked me up.. I added power, exhaust, intake, wheels, tires, reverse lights and a grill ... for 6100.. they had it done in 5 hrs.. I was off to the river.. Good luck..
Here is the thread with pics and all the info (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39968)

al cole'holic
03-30-2004, 02:16 PM
..my boyz here in the SFV will do you up in a 5.5" Fabtech for $1760 out the dizzy fo shizzy :D
If you are interested let me know....

Jetdriver
03-30-2004, 02:35 PM
So who has the hookup for a 6" 4x4 lift for my wifes Tahoe???

CustomCruiser
03-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by FastTimmy
I gues I will chime in here.
I will let our reputation and customer service sell our kits and just say this so some of you can get the best ride available. If you go with any other manufacturers lift kit and want to do bilsteins especialy if you want 7100 series shock please get them from us. The ones we sell are valved for the superduty specificaly and will ride far better than the off the shelf valving found in all FOX, Bilstein, Sway a way, king ect. Even many of our 5100 series Bilsteins have a differnt valve rate then a off the shelf bilstein.
Hope this helps someone.
Timmy
Good point. If you go with high-end shocks like Fox, Bilstein, or King, make sure you ask about the valving. You don't want an off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all shock. Al at Al's Performance orders his shocks from Fox with his own "recipe" that he has developed. Another benefit from these types of shocks is that after 60,000 miles or so, you can rebuild and recharge them, which may save you money in the long run.

Hustler
03-30-2004, 02:53 PM
If you are lifting a Superduty or Excursion the only lift to use is a Danahoe. I have a 8" lift with Bilstiens and 38's and the truck rides better than it did stock. Contact Donahoe and they will get you in touch with a shop near you that sells and installs them. Good luck on what ever you do.
By the way Timmy, Are you ever going to call me back?:D

Jrocket
03-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Im still waiting on those pics?:D

jackpunx
03-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
If you are lifting a Superduty or Excursion the only lift to use is a Danahoe. I have a 8" lift with Bilstiens and 38's and the truck rides better than it did stock. Contact Donahoe and they will get you in touch with a shop near you that sells and installs them. Good luck on what ever you do.
By the way Timmy, Are you ever going to call me back?:D
did you have to cut yours at all?

Hustler
03-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Im still waiting on those pics?:D
Sorry J, my puter @ home crashed so when I get it back I'll send them.

Hustler
03-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
did you have to cut yours at all?
Cut what? I trimmed the air dam just a little but thats it

Hustler
03-30-2004, 04:01 PM
You can kinda see where I cut the air dam in this pic, it the best one I have to show it.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1812DSC00412.JPG

jackpunx
03-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Here's mine with the 6" and 37"
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431truckdone_at_my_house-med.jpg

Hustler
03-30-2004, 04:11 PM
It looks like yours is cut in the same spot as mine?
Nice truck by the way

Phat Matt
03-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Rev. Williams
I just called over there.... Ralph wont be in until after 1:00
Thanks for the help !!
I just talked to him and he will be giving you a call. He hasn't been at the shop today so he called in and got your info. BTW, NICE avatar!!! :D :D :D

riverbound
03-30-2004, 05:55 PM
I had the Fabtech 5.5 w/ dual bilsteins and 35's, done by aggresive suspension in orange. Terry is the manager down there and he is very good to deal with. Tell Him Bill from Al&Eds sent you.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/681f-350-med.jpg

riverbound
03-30-2004, 06:12 PM
We had Southern Custom Suspension (909)980-9002 do this one for one of our customers. 14"
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_314-med.jpg

FastTimmy
03-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Very nice rides you guys!!!
Hey hustler that trailer does look very good..
Timmy

jackpunx
03-31-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Hustler
It looks like yours is cut in the same spot as mine?
Nice truck by the way
Yea .. we had to..

lurid
03-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Go with the Edge lift, you will not be disappointed. My truck rides nice and smooth just like stock but with better shocks.
I have a 2000 Excursion with the 4.5 Edge lift with 5100 bilstein shocks, adjustable Pan-hard bar, dual bilstein steering stabilizers and 35BFG's. I have put this lift to the test a Glamis(not on purpose) and it held up to the abuse. I had it 2-3 feet in the air.
I have talked to Kreg Donahoe and he is a nice guy and will tell you why his lift is more $$$ but will also tell you why the others don't hold up as well. (I'm not knocking the others lifts) I'm sure Faster timmy can do the same, or give Ryan a call at SDHQoffroad.com. Ryan did my work and is a cool guy.
Michael

jackpunx
03-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by lurid
Go with the Edge lift, you will not be disappointed. My truck rides nice and smooth just like stock but with better shocks.
I have a 2000 Excursion with the 4.5 Edge lift with 5100 bilstein shocks, adjustable Pan-hard bar, dual bilstein steering stabilizers and 35BFG's. I have put this lift to the test a Glamis(not on purpose) and it held up to the abuse. I had it 2-3 feet in the air.
I have talked to Kreg Donahoe and he is a nice guy and will tell you why his lift is more $$$ but will also tell you why the others don't hold up as well. (I'm not knocking the others lifts) I'm sure Faster timmy can do the same, or give Ryan a call at SDHQoffroad.com. Ryan did my work and is a cool guy.
Michael
Ryans team did the work on mine as well.. I highly recomend them.. I drove from LA to have them do the work on my truck

Speedin' Ian
03-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Here is a pic of my dad's 04 with a 4in. Superduty lift and 35's. The truck rides like stock, if not better.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349111-1119_IMG-med.JPG
Here is a pick of mine with a 3.5 RCD and 33's:( . I've since leveled ou the back and plan on putting 35's on it as soon as I wear out these tires. The kit was easy to install but I'm not crazy about the hangers and shackles hanging down lower.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349112-1225_IMG-med.JPG