PDA

View Full Version : Laveycraft

Mandelon
03-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Those guys are pretty darn cool.
I had e-mailed them a couple of questions about their boats and checked out their website. The emailed me back some answers and at some point I gave them my phone number.
A week or so later they called and asked if I was really interested and if I wanted to come up to the showroom and check them out. By this time I had picked up the 2003 21'er from KC (Rvrholic) and it was already sitting in my driveway.
I talked with the salesman, (can't remember his name at the moment, I am bad with names) and told him what I had done. He was happy for me and told me a bit about the boat and the engine....I think he knows that if I like the 21 and Lavey craftsmanship a 24 NuEra may be in the cards some day in the future. I like it when a business realizes that.
A few minutes later a nice lady (I don't remember her name either. Told you I was bad with names) from Lavey called to see if I wanted to be on their regatta mailing list....
"Cool" I'm thinking its like family over here....of course now that I am the adopted child, KC is dumped since he moved to a Magic. Sorry KC, she says you are off the list. But she claims to remember both you and the boat.
So she puts me on the list and 4 days later I'm getting the "Lavey Waterlines" Newsletter. Anyway I give the limited experience with Lavey a thumbs up and am duly impressed with the what I have seen so far.
The boat handles great by the way. I dig those offshore controls. :D I know some of you guys with the 100mph boats are not easily impressed, but coming from a mid 50's mph jet into this is quite an experience for me.

CARGUY
03-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the family. The Lavey people are great and they build an awesome boat. I have their 26 cuddy/open and so far I love it. They were great to deal with during construction and have answered all my stupid questions w/out laughing at me.
Congrats!!!!!!!!

jbtrailerjim
03-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
The boat handles great by the way. I dig those offshore controls. :D I know some of you guys with the 100mph boats are not easily impressed, but coming from a mid 50's mph jet into this is quite an experience for me. [/B]
Yah, the offshore controls are cool. Did you have a hard time getting used to them? The first time I took the Ultra out. I almost backed into some boat the channel in Havasu. I felt like a total rookie.:o :D

Mandelon
03-29-2004, 05:31 PM
It took a couple of shifts and I was good to go. I did it back up pretty quick at the beginning...I was used to the old shifter where you'd push from back to the center to hit neutral, but I goosed the throttle instead......gets your attention pretty quick!! But now I really like them.

cc322
03-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Sound like they treated you right. Did you happen to see my 24 in the shop they will be taking it to the boat show in april and I should have it sometime after the show ,i cant wait. Anyhow see you at the regatta :D

LAVEYSABRE575
03-29-2004, 07:12 PM
welcome to the family..derek

rivercrazy
03-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Isnt it nice picking up 15-20mph with similar power - I/O versus Jet in similar sized boats?
I went from a 21 foot 2800 pound hull with a semi V and a 390 HP jet to a 25 foot 4300 pound hull with a deep V and a 425 HP I/O. Picked up 18mph..... And cruising speed at 4K rpm went from 41 to 55 mph......
Still love jet boats though...

RiverToysJas
03-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the family again Mandelon!!! Waterndog is an adopted child too, but you would never know it they way they treat everyone of us like family.
Lavey really is like a family too. They are always there to help you, talk with you, drink with you, and I think they work there too. ;)
I'm sure Shauna is who called and put you on the list! She's the best. Make sure you go to the Regatta!!! That'll be one of the best trips of the year. We're trying to go Thursday - Monday this year, we had so much fun last year.
We'll have to hook up on the water at some point. I really wanted to get a bunch of us out to Perris again this year, but the season has started early, I was traveling for work a lot, and it just never came together. Oh well, maybe next year.
RTJas :D

boatnam2
03-30-2004, 05:08 AM
welcome mandelon to the lavey family.im kinda the black sheep of the family but having nothing but great things to say about chris jeff and there operation.1st class all the way.

wannajetboat
03-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Mandelon,
Check your pm's when you have a chance.
wannajetboat

waterndog
03-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the family. You definitly have to go to the regatta its a lot of fun and you get to meet some cool peeps! The Lavey team really is awesome.

Mandelon
03-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by wannajetboat
Mandelon,
Check your pm's when you have a chance.
wannajetboat
Back at ya!!

Steamin' Rice
03-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Congrats. It's always nice to hear about good customer service.

missboatnam1
03-30-2004, 10:16 AM
one of the down falls of being in teh lavey family=getting pm's from waterdog!:yuk:

dimarcobros
03-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Have you sold the tub yet?
DMB

Mandelon
03-30-2004, 01:01 PM
No, I still have it. I haven't really tried to sell it yet except for what's in my sig line. I have had a couple of PM's from interested board members. Hopefully someone here will get it. It has been a good and dependable ride so far.
I need to do the windshields, they've been cracked due to some errant footballs on the sandbar...:mad:
We will be taking it out to Martinez/Fishers the first weekend in May, and we'll be using it out there on trips until it sells.
After spring break I will get serious and put it in the trader. I did not want to run the ad and then be out of town....
I cleaned up my image gallery at ***boat, and some pics of it are there.

Laveyman
03-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Ya pulled the trigger on a 21! Welcome the the hood!

nextasex
03-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Welcome man! You are getting yourself into something great! Be sure to be at the Regatta!!!
Frank

CBLavey
03-30-2004, 09:33 PM
They are very cool. Their customer service and attention to detail is awesome! Chris spent more time with us during the delivery of our boat than my builder did with us when we bought our new house!
The 21's an awesome boat and their service and attention will someday bring me back for a 24.:cool: :cool: :cool:
Congratulations.

Sun burners
03-31-2004, 01:54 PM
Welcome, you will enjoy the boat!
And by the time your ready to step up the 32' or 38' NuEra should be dialed in for you!

ROZ
03-31-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Sun burners
Welcome, you will enjoy the boat!
And by the time your ready to step up the 32' or 38' NuEra should be dialed in for you!
Aren't you going to tell him to "drive it like he owns it" :D

Sun burners
03-31-2004, 05:36 PM
He needs about 10 or so hours before you can drive it like...

TrojanDan
03-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Aren't you going to tell him to "drive it like he owns it" :D
Don't you mean "Drive it like you stole it"? :D :cool:

ROZ
04-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by TrojanDan
Don't you mean "Drive it like you stole it"? :D :cool: I didn't mean to sound like Mr Wilson from the Jefferson's.. Yup That's what I meant :D