PDA

View Full Version : Question: How much should you tip your Massage Therapist?

LASERRAY
03-29-2004, 06:07 PM
I see the my Chriopractor usually every three months or so depending on how my back feels, and I'll make three appointments in the span of two weeks so that I'm there about every four days in those two weeks. I always get a 1/2 hour massage after my adjustment and see the same Massage Therapist ( cute female ) each time. I usually leave a five or a Ten spot (if I'm feeling generous) in the room when I leave. Is that enough, too much or not enough? Also, have you ever "sampled" all the therapists and then stuck with the one you liked the best? I wonder if this pisses-off the others.:cool:

Blown 472
03-29-2004, 06:10 PM
tip, hell give her the whole thing.

jlnorthrup122
03-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Auuh **** Blown 472 beat me to It, ****er!!:D

Kilrtoy
03-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Which tip, ray the tongue or the suasage.
Shit she is cute and doing her job = Nothing
Im cute and no one gives me a tip for doing my job

Blown 472
03-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Dont flatter yourself.

LASERRAY
03-29-2004, 06:42 PM
And here I thought that I was a Spendthrift!:D

Jrocket
03-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Soooooooo your saying you want some tip? LMAO:D

Mandelon
03-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Arter she's done with the back, ask for a "rollover and a finish" see what she says...:D

LAVEYSABRE575
03-29-2004, 07:05 PM
is it a real therapist or a RUB AND TUG...derek

PE 316
03-29-2004, 07:17 PM
If it's one of those "Oriental Massage Parlors," asK for the "HAPPY ENDING"

LASERRAY
03-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
is it a real therapist or a RUB AND TUG...derek It's a highly respected Chiropractor's office, not a house of Ill Repute.:D May I add the the Dr. is a devout Mormon. I'm not looking for a happy ending or a jerky job, I'm just a little uncertain about the proper tipping etiquette.:cool:

LAVEYSABRE575
03-29-2004, 07:31 PM
laserray it depends on your bill, i go in for a message about every 2 wks its 75.00 an hr. she always messages an extra 10 min. i give her an extra 20 and yes it is a real message therapist..derek

LASERRAY
03-29-2004, 07:38 PM
laserray it depends on your bill, i go in for a message about every 2 wks its 75.00 an hr. she always messages an extra 10 min. i give her an extra 20 and yes it is a real message therapist..derek My Insurance Co. ( Blue Shield PPO ) only allows a 1/2 hour massage which sucks! But I don't have a co-pay. I would love to have a 1 hour massage and have been able to finagle it only once. I'm thinking I should kick down atleast $10.00 next time, and maybe go from there if I see an Improvement in service.:cool:

LUVNLIFE
03-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Is it with release? Cause you should really tip well then.:D

LASERRAY
03-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Is it with release? Cause you should really tip well then.:D I'll tell you what, She hits some pressure points near my shoulder blades that get me really aroused. I told her about it today, she giggled a little and then told me the Chinese name for it. I swear I almost came.:p

Mandelon
03-29-2004, 08:04 PM
If you don't ask for the Happy Ending, she'll think you're a homo.........:D

LAVEYSABRE575
03-29-2004, 08:15 PM
laserray ask her how much for an extra 1/2 hr. cash in her hand, make sure you tell her message she may think your talking a little rub and tug 20 or 25 bucks is worth it if shes good, ist it deep tissue message....derek

LASERRAY
03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
laserray ask her how much for an extra 1/2 hr. cash in her hand, make sure you tell her message she may think your talking a little rub and tug 20 or 25 bucks is worth it if shes good, ist it deep tissue message....derek I'll just ask her if she knows what "rub and tug" means.;)

RiverKitty
03-29-2004, 10:31 PM
A LOT !!!
So when shall we make your next appointment? :D

LASERRAY
03-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RiverKitty
A LOT !!!
So when shall we make your next appointment? :D Can I get a rub and tug from you?;)

RiverKitty
03-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Rub ...yes, tug....only if your single! :D :p

LASERRAY
03-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by RiverKitty
Rub ...yes, tug....only if your single! :D :p Single? I am now!:D :wink: :p

moneypit
03-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Im a chiropractor. I have a very respectable practice. I treat mainly professional athletes. I have several good looking massage therapists in my office and Its often that the conversation comes up about the comments that have been like on this thread. These therapist are mothers and wives. They work their asses to make patients feel better. But its too bad that scum bags approach them with stuff like this. Like these people can't get laid or "get off" any other way. To approach someone in this fashion is not only vulger but completely in appropriate.
I know that you guys are only joking with these comments. Guys will be guys. Hell Im a guy and I have my vulger times. Just remember whens the right place to say things..
Tip these people well, if you think they have done a good job!

LASERRAY
03-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by moneypit
Im a chiropractor. I have a very respectable practice. I treat mainly professional athletes. I have several good looking massage therapists in my office and Its often that the conversation comes up about the comments that have been like on this thread. These therapist are mothers and wives. They work their asses to make patients feel better. But its too bad that scum bags approach them with stuff like this. Like these people can't get laid or "get off" any other way. To approach someone in this fashion is not only vulger but completely in appropriate.
I know that you guys are only joking with these comments. Guys will be guys. Hell Im a guy and I have my vulger times. Just remember whens the right place to say things..
Tip these people well, if you think they have done a good job! Well alrighty then! This coming from a guy with "Masterbate for Peace" in his sig. Does anyone else see the irony here?:D J/K Money.:D Thanks for the good advice.:)

RJ Nordic
03-30-2004, 09:57 PM
My wife is a massage therapist at a chiropractor's office a couple of days a week. Her weekly regulars usually leave $5. Most of the massages are 1/2 hours since that is what the insurance companies pay.
The tips are appreciated since the split with the doc is 50/50. I know how exhausted she gets when she sees 7 to 10 folks in a day. It is really a physical job.
Now her privates tip 20 or more and pay $80 - 100 for an hour. Which is not like the shrinks hour, a full 60 to 70 minutes.
My pappy told me that if you get good service, always recognize the person and let them know. MONEY talks loud and clear.
Probably more info than you wanted but information is power.
It's PEOPLE that count, if they make you feel better let her/him know.

LASERRAY
03-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by RJ Nordic
My wife is a massage therapist at a chiropractor's office a couple of days a week. Her weekly regulars usually leave $5. Most of the massages are 1/2 hours since that is what the insurance companies pay.
The tips are appreciated since the split with the doc is 50/50. I know how exhausted she gets when she sees 7 to 10 folks in a day. It is really a physical job.
Now her privates tip 20 or more and pay $80 - 100 for an hour. Which is not like the shrinks hour, a full 60 to 70 minutes.
My pappy told me that if you get good service, always recognize the person and let them know. MONEY talks loud and clear.
Probably more info than you wanted but information is power.
It's PEOPLE that count, if they make you feel better let her/him know. Thanks for the reply. I feel like you have provided me with "inside information" So the way I see it, i'm right on with the amount. I always give $10.00 on my 3rd visit.(not that it's a stretch or anything).:wink: :cool: (How come no one ever tips the Doc?):cool: