I'm feeling lucky. See what pops up.
Then also try "weapons of mass destruction"
:D

welk2party
03-30-2004, 03:14 PM
That is funny!:cool:

Kachina26
03-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Not funny to me, not gonna use google anymore.

Outnumbered
03-30-2004, 04:02 PM
That is BS but I'm not too sure its Googles doing, read this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3298443.stm

Outnumbered
03-30-2004, 04:04 PM
'Miserable failure' links to Bush
Bush has been the target of similar pranks before
George W Bush has been Google bombed.
Web users entering the words "miserable failure" into the popular search engine are directed to the biography of the president on the White House website.
The trick is possible because Google searches more than just the contents of web pages - it also counts how often a site is linked to, and with what words.
Thus, members of an online community can affect the results of Google searches - called "Google bombing" - by linking their sites to a chosen one.
Weblogger Adam Mathes is credited with inventing the practice in 2001, when he used it to link the phrase "talentless hack" to a friend's website.
The search engine can be manipulated by a fairly small group of users, one report suggested.
If you are George Bush and typed the country's name in the address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly (IRAQ)
Prank website
Newsday newspaper says as few as 32 web pages with the words "miserable failure" link to the Bush biography.
The Bush administration has been on the receiving end of pointed Google bombs before.
In the run-up to the Iraq war, internet users manipulated Google so the phrase "weapons of mass destruction" led to a joke page saying "These Weapons of Mass Destruction cannot be displayed."
The site suggests "clicking the regime change button", or "If you are George Bush and typed the country's name in the address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly (IRAQ)".
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
LINKS TO MORE AMERICAS STORIES
SelectWhite House U-turn on 9/11 inquiryBolivian Congress rocked by blastCanada anti-terror plans 'flawed'Costa Rica throws out Chavez foeUS consumers wary about economyJury hears Michael Jackson caseHit-and-run bishop's mercy lineNew York market makers penalisedArgentines jailed for baby theftRadio legend Cooke dies aged 95Friendly fire 'killed US marines'Mexico expels British potholersConflict diamonds 'still on sale'US state seeks gay marriage banJanet Jackson flash 'accidental'Bush welcomes new Nato membersUK complaint on Falklands breachSlave descendants to sue Lloyd's'I met Osama Bin Laden'White House under pressureHaiti's drug money scourgeKobe, OJ, justice and raceAmerican job security dogs US electionVenezuela: Chavez's key backersProgrammes and Schedules
SEE ALSO:
WMD spoof is internet hit
04 Jul 03 | West Midlands
Google hit by link bombers
13 Mar 02 | Science/Nature
RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
White House
Google bombing
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
TOP AMERICAS STORIES NOW
White House U-turn on 9/11 inquiry
Bolivian Congress rocked by blast
Canada anti-terror plans 'flawed'
Costa Rica throws out Chavez foe

Kachina26
03-30-2004, 04:12 PM
I understand better, but I still don't think it's funny.

Outnumbered
03-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I understand better, but I still don't think it's funny.
I'm with ya on that. Just more sour grapes from the tree-hugging Gore supporters:yuk:
OL

Boozer
03-30-2004, 08:05 PM
These Weapons of Mass Destruction cannot be displayed
The weapons you are looking for are currently unavailable. The country might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your weapons inspectors mandate.

Boozer
03-30-2004, 08:06 PM
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/