PDA

View Full Version : This is pretty cool.

Mandelon
03-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I don't think I know the owner of the site or the boat but I read it awhile ago and thought it made sense for all the new and "HappyBoater" types that end up in here. Who's site is this?
http://www.justanothertoy.com/JETBOAT.HTM

Craig
03-31-2004, 03:47 AM
That would be my site :) The jetboat was mine as well. What a lesson I learned from that boat!!! If I only knew what I know now :rolleyes:
Craig

HavasuDreamin'
03-31-2004, 09:21 AM
LOL. Great write-up on your old rig. :cool:

Craig
03-31-2004, 10:03 AM

welk2party
03-31-2004, 04:52 PM
I had to laugh. My wife is always rollin gher eyes when I say I can do that myself and save $$! When will I ever learn.

Mandelon
03-31-2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah, Craig that is way cool. That's a great writeup.
An expensive lesson, but if you consider the "entertainment value" it feels better. :D
Whenever someone is looking for a project boat you should let em see that page.

78Eliminator
04-01-2004, 04:07 PM
I think those lessons are the spice of life. I am actually glad that shit breaks. Every time I learn something new. Not just with the boat, but with appliances and even my house. It's just life. Take a deep breath as your water heater explodes and floods your house out, because you're about to learn about installing hardwood floors, carpet, fried appliances, replace the blown out electrical system etc......LOL :D ;) :)
Nice write up Craig!

Hotcrusader76
04-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
Take a deep breath as your water heater explodes and floods your house out, because you're about to learn about installing hardwood floors, carpet, fried applianceds, replace the blown out electrical system etc......LOL :D ;) :)
Nice write up Craig!
Thank god for valium:D

Craig
04-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Ain't that right 78eliminator :D I hate paying someone to do something if I can read something and figure out how to do it myself. I'm in the middle of doing ceiling work,electrical wiring, and kitchen cabinets in the house :)
Same with the boats, no clue what I was getting into, but I learned a lot on that boat which I utilized with my current boat. That's another story on the web page !:p

mirvin
04-01-2004, 05:22 PM
I remember reading this last year. Great writeup!! I think I'm going through this exact process with my boat right now!! Not as extreme but you know, this and that and all of a sudden I've put 5 grand into a boat that I just paid 10 grand for a year ago!!! And I haven't even gotten to the interior yet!!!:p
mirvin

78Eliminator
04-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
Thank god for valium:D
Amen!

78Eliminator
04-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
I've put 5 grand into a boat that I just paid 10 grand for a year ago!!! And I haven't even gotten to the interior yet!!!:p
mirvin
Mirv, I will take some before and after shots of where I am taking my boat. They are supposed to be the bomb...
Too bad I missed you at Elsinore. Next time. Where else do you boat?

ROZ
04-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
I think those lessons are the spice of life. I am actually glad that shit breaks. Every time I learn something new. Not just with the boat, but with appliances and even my house. It's just life. Take a deep breath as your water heater explodes and floods your house out, because you're about to learn about installing hardwood floors, carpet, fried appliances, replace the blown out electrical system etc......LOL :D ;) :)
Nice write up Craig!
Maybe the 760 contingent should meet at your place for beer and a 1 day remodel :D

77charger
04-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Well look at it this way you got a boat spent time with it learned about them,enjoyed the boat with family and probably have good memories of it.
Any boat you put money into is like a hole in the ground you put money in the hole and you never find it again. Cool write up on it btw
I had the same thing with my old jet boat i did alot to it but it still needed more.interior,new floor.paint trailer,etc i figured it would be cheaper to use the money and puta down payment on another boat(my eliminator) than redo the jet boat.I just put about 1k in pump,diverter.and redid the motor recently also.I ended up selling to my brother for 700.00 i could have gotten more but i was only concerned with recovering the recent money spent and if he was unhappy he could turn around and sell but he still has it and says he has gotten his moneys worth.My parents bought it in 79 so we learned to ski and have lots of memories so it would be hard to see it go away from family

dr. margarita
04-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey Mandelon, sorry for changing the tune of this thread but I heard a rumor you got a new ride???

Super D
04-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Mandelo, where do you find this stuff and when do you have time to do so??? Anyway, pretty cool story - we've all been there!

AdrenelineOD
04-08-2004, 01:09 PM
My boats worth 1/4 what I put in it. I new it would be like that if I didn`t want to get anouther one. Last year I picked up my new engine and bluepirinted pump and drove away with the boat worth 1/2 the price. At least I have peace of mind!!:D I know where and what Its always done.(nothing yet);)

Craig
04-08-2004, 07:24 PM
I have a 70/71 Buick Gran Sport that I've had since 1981. I use to save all the receipts. After several motor combos and about 10 years, I said who cares about every receipt and quit keeping the bs ones :D (That's another page on the web site ;) )

Mandelon
04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Super D
Mandelo, where do you find this stuff and when do you have time to do so??? Anyway, pretty cool story - we've all been there!
I saw it some other post somewhere....... where do I find the time? I ignore my job, my wife and my kids....:D