PDA

View Full Version : sony remote for a pioneer headunit?

tg9380
03-30-2004, 10:56 PM
I am wondering if anyone is using a sony remote on their pioneer headunit? I tried a car style wired remote, and it worked fine, so I assume the waterproof one will also work. please let me know if you have tried this.

ROZ
03-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Did the remote work ALL of your functions?

ROZ
03-30-2004, 11:18 PM
What model head unit?

Offshore1
04-05-2004, 12:40 PM
I have the Access Tech "Sony" remote and would love to get away from Sony head units. More info on this would be appreciated.

BoatFloating
04-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Offshore1
I have the Access Tech "Sony" remote and would love to get away from Sony head units. More info on this would be appreciated.
They make a kit that works the Access unit with other head units. It's a company called PAC. Roz has the info I think. My buddy runs his Alpine thru a Access unit.

riverbound
04-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Pac does make a piece that will interface any radio with a wireless remote option to the access tech. piece the model # is sc-1

ROZ
04-05-2004, 11:12 PM
tg93 and Offshore1,
What you have heard is correct. The remote is a direct plugin with the 2004 Pioneer Premier headunits that have the steering remote control option. It plugs into it's port... I spoke with Access tech's tech department to confirm it...
BF and RB are correct in saying that there is a PAC interface that allows you to use the Access Tech remote via an IR repeating system(the SC-1 interface) to flash through your headunit's wireless remote IR sensor. The only drawback is that the flasher needs to be mounted directly to your headunit's IR sensor on the face plate if the stereo is mounted in direct sunlight. The direct sunlight causes IR signal problems and it will not likley work unlesss the additional steps of direct mount or mounting the headunit under deck are taken.
Hope this helps:)

BoatFloating
04-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
tg93 and Offshore1,
What you have heard is correct. The remote is a direct plugin with the 2004 Pioneer Premier headunits that have the steering remote control option. It plugs into it's port... I spoke with Access tech's tech department to confirm it...
BF and RB are correct in saying that there is a PAC interface that allows you to use the Access Tech remote via an IR repeating system(the SC-1 interface) to flash through your headunit's wireless remote IR sensor. The only drawback is that the flasher needs to be mounted directly to your headunit's IR sensor on the face plate if the stereo is mounted in direct sunlight. The direct sunlight causes IR signal problems and it will not likley work unlesss the additional steps of direct mount or mounting the headunit under deck are taken.
Hope this helps:)
You always help....:D

gmocnik
04-06-2004, 10:15 AM
roz...
do you carry the pac sc-1???
if so...how much is it....
if not, where can i pick one up??
thanks
gary

Party Cat
04-06-2004, 11:01 AM