PDA

View Full Version : B-Day Help

MudPumper
03-31-2004, 09:19 PM
It's my girls B-Day in 2 weeks and we wanted to get away for a couple of days. We were thinking Catalina but have only been there on short day trips. Has anybody stayed there? Where is good and what are your tips on cool shit to do and see. Thanks for any and all info.

MagicMtnDan
03-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Unless you're going there on your own boat, don't. In my opinion that place is boring (unless you're into hiking and exploring the island).
Go to one of the "resort" hotels along the coast - you're bound to enjoy it more. Find a swanky hotel with a hot tub in the room, a good bar downstairs (with live music?) and enjoy yourself.

C-2
03-31-2004, 09:57 PM
Not to sound like a pessimist but I agree with Magic Mtn Dan...any more than a few hours at that place and well...it's boring. My wife and I stayed there overnight a few years back. I forget the hotel name...but when we woke up we found we had a great view of a rundown apartment complex next door.
Maybe try a 3 day Ensendada cruise. they are cheap and Catalina is actually one of the stops (and that's when you realize not a lot to do there).
Good luck on it. :)

MudPumper
03-31-2004, 11:38 PM
I've been there before but usually went straight from the dock to the bar, back to the dock. Thought maybe there was more to experience. Thanks for the heads up might go up the coast instead.

DeltaSigBoater
04-01-2004, 12:17 AM
I’ve stayed in Catalina numerous times overnight/weekends, but always on a boat. It gets expensive real fast, and there aint a whole lot todo there.