PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Rex Marine

MudPumper
04-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to the folks at Rex Marine for their professionalism and prompt service. I placed 3 different orders this past week and each of them arrived on my doorstep within 2 days of placing the order. On the first order a part was listed as back ordered and that even arrived within a couple more days. All orders were correct and the staff was a pleasure to deal with and very helpful with all my questions.

mirvin
04-01-2004, 10:30 AM
I just made an order myself:D Had a pleasant experience. Hopefully I'll be happy after the delivery too;)
Do I have to ask for a catalogue or do they just throw it in?
mirvin;)

MudPumper
04-01-2004, 10:57 AM
You have to request a catalog but I hear that getting one is pretty hard for some reason. You can request one online I think. You do get stickers though!!!!:D

HCS
04-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I ordered speedo's from Rex Marine. I got all three of them.:confused:
They get my thumbs up.

roostwear
04-01-2004, 11:33 AM
I ordered a new reverse cable & misc shiznit on Tues, got it yesterday afternoon. Can't ask for much more than that!

Her454
04-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
I ordered speedo's from Rex Marine. I got all three of them.:confused:
They get my thumbs up.
I just cant picture you in Speedoooooooooooo's, but Im sure if their from Rex's their flattering.
:):):):) :rolleyes:

phebus
04-01-2004, 11:46 AM
LMAO :D

HCS
04-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Her454
I just cant picture you in Speedoooooooooooo's, but Im sure if their from Rex's their flattering.
Good one. lmao. Especailly the ones with flames.

HCS
04-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
did you offer to sell them 2 back for 1/2 price? :D
RD
I was nice enough to send them back. 1/2 price would have
been a good idea though.;)

mirvin
04-01-2004, 12:14 PM
I was nice enough to send them back. 1/2 price would have
been a good idea though.;)
Hmmmmmmmm, what do I need three of?

FMluvswater
04-01-2004, 12:16 PM
It took the second post about speedo's before I realized they weren't talking swimming! :D :D LMAO! I was thinking I didn't know Rex Marine sold clothing ... then I was thinking hey wait a sec no way would these guys wear those ... those are gay! :D Damn I think I need more coffee! :D

MudPumper
04-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Her454 you always have great comments. I always get a good chuckle out of your posts. Thanks, you brighten my day!! ;)

78Eliminator
04-01-2004, 03:37 PM
I wrote this story before, but I was so impressed that I will write it again. The whole corporate BS thing is not a part of Rex. They treat you like a human, remember your name etc. Good people.
Once I got a high perfomance starter. It was mounted on an alluminum block (I'm sure most of you have seen the kind I am talking about). Anyway, I had my motor out of my boat, and I had clearence problems with it fitting in my hull. I chopped up the little block to pieces and it still would not fit. I shaved a bunch of material off the hex bolts that hold it on and it still would not fit.
I asked Rex, toungue in cheek, if they would take it back because it wouldn't work. I was expecting them to say no, and it would have been totally fair of them not to. But they did take it back. I told them I would pay for the bolts and the aluminum block to be replaced and I did. But I don't even think they were going to make me do that. They absolutely rule in my book, and I don't go around stroking people too often.
Justin

DickDanger
04-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Rex Marine is good people, who offer great service. I have done some ordering with them the past 2 weeks, and have had to explain a few parts that I needed without knowing what they were called. They took the time to listen to my rambling, figured out the parts that I needed, and didnt try to get me off of the phone in a hurry. I got all of the right parts the first time. Thanks again...-DD Out

Outnumbered
04-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey, DD...How are you liking Idaho? We just had some friends move out that way. Seems like it would be cold but beautiful country.
OL

Rexone
04-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Thank you guys for all of the above. We try very hard to get the right parts out every time and on time. Most the time we achieve it.
Just a heads up on AutoMeter marine gauges which have been a very hot item this year. We've been having supply difficulties with AutoMeter for over a month. Seems they can't keep up with demand and ship on time. Not bashing AutoMeter here just giving you info that chances are good if you place an order right now for AutoMeter marine gauges it may not ship quickly if we are missing any gauges you order. We have many holes in our inventory currently and have a ton of instruments on order with AM. I've been told to expect improvement on shipping within the next 30-60 days by AM. Hopefully that will be the case.
Don't take the above as a "we're out of everything"... not the case. We just have several individual gauges missing from inventory presently.

Outnumbered
04-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Thank you guys for all of the above. We try very hard to get the right parts out every time and on time. Most the time we achieve it.
Just a heads up on AutoMeter marine gauges which have been a very hot item this year. We've been having supply difficulties with AutoMeter for over a month. Seems they can't keep up with demand and ship on time. Not bashing AutoMeter here just giving you info that chances are good if you place an order right now for AutoMeter marine gauges it may not ship quickly if we are missing any gauges you order. We have many holes in our inventory currently and have a ton of instruments on order with AM. I've been told to expect improvement on shipping within the next 30-60 days by AM. Hopefully that will be the case.
Don't take the above as a "we're out of everything"... not the case. We just have several individual gauges missing from inventory presently.
Hey Rex,
I'll be ordering a full set as soon as I have some decent weather and a free moment to measure my guages. Can you do me a favor and check to see if you can get an OMC I/O trim guage? I'm looking for white face. We talked about it last year but I have not had my boat back home until this week.
Thanks,
OLl

Her454
04-02-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
Her454 you always have great comments. I always get a good chuckle out of your posts. Thanks, you brighten my day!! ;)
Thank you.......:D :D

STV_Keith
04-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Thumbs up to Rex Marine. Ordered my GPS speedo a little over a week ago and was told they were on backorder for about 3 weeks.
Got the darn thing about a week later! Good job guys!

Her454
04-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by STV_Keith
Ordered my "GPS speedo" a little over a week ago and
STV_Keith........being VERY specific on the speedo thing......LMAO...:):)

HCS
04-02-2004, 08:41 AM
STV_Keith........being VERY specific on the speedo thing......LMAO...:):)
You know, Sheri won't let me wear my speedos in public.:o
I want to get the full pro tan. But she said no way your not
doing it.
I'll just have to wear them in the boat I guess.:wink:

Her454
04-02-2004, 08:53 AM
You know, Sheri won't let me wear my speedos in public.:o
I want to get the full pro tan. But she said no way your not
doing it.
I'll just have to wear them in the boat I guess.:wink:
Tell her Rex's will give you discounts on all your boat parts if you advertise his SPEEDO's......maybe she'll change her mind. ;)

betty boop
04-02-2004, 08:56 AM
is it one like this???????
http://store1.yimg.com/I/abcunderwear_1785_59004

betty boop
04-02-2004, 09:00 AM
or this....
http://store1.yimg.com/I/abcunderwear_1783_7583875