PDA

View Full Version : I had big plans

MudPumper
04-01-2004, 03:12 PM
to get some work done on the boat today but it is pouring outside. WTF happened to the warm weather???

jbtrailerjim
04-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Yah, no shit. The weather report this morning said sunny in the 70's out here. Frickin weather people suck.:yuk:

Scream
04-01-2004, 05:09 PM
3 days in soggy Cotton Wood Cove...
This pisses me off. I wanna get the BOTTOM of my boat wet, the top's been wet enough...
Rain, yea go ahead and rain, but do it somewhere up stream where it'll do some good, like Powell or Mead.
Scream <-----whinin like a baby.

HCS
04-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Weather report:
Clear and windy as hell here. Need a sail boat.
How come they can predict the wind but not the rain.:confused:

Scream
04-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Weather report:
Clear and windy as hell here. Need a sail boat.
How come they can predict the wind but not the rain.:confused:
Well obviously they can't do that well since ya gotta make reservations THREE YEARS IN ADVANCE... I'm pissy...I don't mind rain, but Holy Shit, I didn't want it to rain this weekend.
Is there a bar in Searchlight or Cottonwood Cove???

ahhell
04-01-2004, 05:24 PM
[This pisses me off. I wanna get the BOTTOM of my boat wet, the top's been wet enough...
Rain, yea go ahead and rain, but do it somewhere up stream where it'll do some good, like Powell or Mead.
Scream <-----whinin like a baby. [/B][/QUOTE]
im gonna miss not going with ya...hope i have dry fire wood

HCS
04-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Scream
Well obviously they can't do that well since ya gotta make reservations THREE YEARS IN ADVANCE... I'm pissy...I don't mind rain, but Holy Shit, I didn't want it to rain this weekend.
Is there a bar in Searchlight or Cottonwood Cove???
I hear ya, I had it happen to me several times. One time we
rented a house boat at trinity lake. Freeking rained. Had to
cover the boats and get drunk.

Scream
04-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
I hear ya, I had it happen to me several times. One time we
rented a house boat at trinity lake. Freeking rained. Had to
cover the boats and get drunk.
I'm down with that...
Gonna have to take something a bit stronger than beer, ya know a warmer upper...
I have less than three stinking hours on my boat and this isn't fair.
ahhell, you watch, we'll come back with sunburns and hangovers...
That'll show ya.

ahhell
04-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Hell...id rather be at the river in the rain than at work in the sunshine

Debbolas
04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm so mad right now I can barely type.......
all packed up to go (sort)
getting ready to wash the boat
AND IT STARTS TO RAIN
no, not rain, STORM, with lightening and thunder and big old drops.
Doesn't the weather know
WE have
plans!?!
:mad:

Kachina26
04-01-2004, 08:59 PM
3 hours? I have more weekends on the boat than that! Come on now pick up the pace! I'm in for my 20 hour service already. Sorry to hear about your wet plans. Hit Havasu next week or something. Maybe even Smellsomore.

Just Tool'n
04-01-2004, 09:15 PM
I have worked 5 days straight on my boat, just to get everything ready for the new motor & drive put back in.
Removed 6 batteries, load tested & replaced 3 of 6.
Hooked up a remote terminal so when main battery goes dead I do not have to take the back seat apart, just to get a booster pack on the battery to raise the electric hatch to charge the battery.
Fixed the trailer lights that were bashed in from the previous owner. New paint on it.
6 new tires, man was I sick of low tires everytime I went to go use.
1 bad wheel bearing.
New GPS Speedometer
New Imco HD Gimbal & Bell housing.
Now just waiting to get the motor put back in to hear the roar of it!
I sure am glad my wife does not what I have done for the last 5 days!:)

Scream
04-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
3 hours? I have more weekends on the boat than that! Come on now pick up the pace! I'm in for my 20 hour service already. Sorry to hear about your wet plans. Hit Havasu next week or something. Maybe even Smellsomore.
I gotta tella ya, gettin away lately has been brutal. I've have 5 meetings these last 4 nights and the same thing last week. Had to take my son's scout troop backpacking on the weekend (good time) and Now my boat weekend is lookin a bit cold and wet. I'm still going and I'm gonna burn a couple tanks full of gas just because I can.
I plan on taking nite rides and day cruises. I just hope I don't need chains to get there, there's quite a bit of snow again on the hill behind the house.

Kachina26
04-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Well you guys try to be safe and have fun. Let me know when you got your Havasu trip or even Moabi trip planned.

Scream
04-01-2004, 10:06 PM
We've got Havasu in May, Moabi in June, Avi in August, I'll get ya some particulars later. Have a good weekend and I will definately catch you out there.
Scream <------waiting for the sun to show it's pretty head