04-01-2004, 10:35 PM
just read the bad news on weather.com
f-ing rain, supposed to be test floating the new ride this wkd

WILD LAVEY
04-01-2004, 11:44 PM
its only water, just bring your goggles and rain coat.:D

RiverRatMike
04-02-2004, 12:20 AM
I'll be there! Bring on the thunderstorms!!!!!

Boatcop
04-02-2004, 05:20 AM
Currently raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. (Friday, 6:15 AM)
Supposed to continue through tomorrow.

OutCole'd
04-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
just read the bad news on weather.com
f-ing rain, supposed to be test floating the new ride this wkd
Same thing happened to me when I was taking delivery on my boat.
Sorry.

Waldo
04-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Stinking Rain!!!:mad:
A friend of mine just picked up a new boat last night, in the rain. We were supposed to go to Perris tomorrow (with our boat too) for a test and tune but cancelled in leiu of the severe t-storms that may or may not happen.
We're going to the boat show instead.:)

SCLB41
04-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Waldo, what boat did he end up buying. I own the Shockwave he looked at a few weeks ago. I'm actually glad he didn't want it, we have decided to keep it!!

SCLB41
04-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Yeah I hope it blows through, we are heading out tomorrow night

rivercrazy
04-02-2004, 10:00 AM
When we picked our new boat in October of 2002, it rained on us just outside of the manufacturer just 5 minutes on the road! Then got hit with a freak rain storm on the 40 about 15 mintues from the river.
The boat was hammered after that.
Just consider to boat officially broken it! :D

betty boop
04-02-2004, 10:03 AM
you peeps down in the usa should be grateful for just a alittle rain - try being in canada and still SNOW on the effing ground- it will still be months before we can hit the water!!!!!!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/natur/nature-smiley-12.gif

Waldo
04-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey SCLB41,
He ended up buying a 22' Laser. He really liked yours, as it is very clean. I think he wanted to stay with a gelcoat that was in the blues (which he got) or the reds. Glad to hear you are keeping it - you have a very nice boat. My wife and I are going to try and hit Havasu a little more than we normally do (we are almost always @ Parker). I'll keep in touch.
By the way - you being in LE...what the heck was going on with the Sheriff's by your house that day we were there? The lady deputy pointed me out and stopped me. She thought I lived at that house across the street from you (on the corner). Thought I was in trouble or something. There was a lady in the back of her cruiser with her suitcases...Domestic???

SCLB41
04-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Good deal, I'm glad he found one. I had another guy look at it a week later and made an offer, but i just couldn't let it go. Its a perfect boat for us right now.
Yeah, keep in touch, we'd love to hook up with you guys and hang out some time, we are going tohit it hard this summer now that our daughter is a little older. we are heading out Sat night and staying until Weds.
I don't know what was going on, I think they were looking for some girl that stayed there the night before but i don't know why. I heard the deputy ask you if you lived there.

MsDrmr
04-02-2004, 03:04 PM
rain rain rain everywhere,,,but I like it.

Blown 472
04-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
rain rain rain everywhere,,,but I like it.
You breed that fish yet?