PDA

View Full Version : Cat facts please??

Blown Sleek
04-02-2004, 10:53 AM
I am in the market for a new cat. 26 daytona,26 American offshore, DCB, or ??? Which ones have NO porpoise at any speed and which one is the fastest bottom!!!Talk about controversey!! I will power it @ about 800 hp. Also B-max V-ImcoExtreme v-xr which is most durable. Don't beat eachother up but all your imput would be great. Thanks

twistedpair
04-02-2004, 11:06 AM
I think the new Shockwave cat looks absolutely Tits!! haven't heard any performance reports as of yet, however.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=597810

welk2party
04-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Another Shot of the Shockwave
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1543Anaheim_Boat_Show_009-med.jpg
Daytona 30
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1543Anaheim_Boat_Show_007-med.jpg

BADBLOWN572
04-02-2004, 03:08 PM
I think that all of the boats you listed are a good choice, but I have been in none of them. I did ride in a 25 Daytona at about 102 and I was not comfortable. I do not know about the 26 though. Not trying to bash the 25, but I didn't like the way it rode at higher speed. Maybe look into a Carrera too. It doesn't porpoise at all.
As for the drives, I have a B-max and right now I am on #4. I think that this one is getting ready to go away too. Not a bad drive, but I am not thrilled by it. I really don't know much other than what people have said on the Imco. I am sure if you search the boards you can come up with a variety of opinions. Good Luck.

NorCalCat
04-02-2004, 03:12 PM
What about the Force 26? It will run with all of them, maybe outrun...:D

BADBLOWN572
04-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by NorCalCat
What about the Force 26? It will run with all of them, maybe outrun...:D
Maybe Not! ;) Oh yeah, you mean the Force with the Carrera Bottom? J/K. They make a good boat

NorCalCat
04-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Maybe Not! Oh yeah, you mean the Force with the Carrera Bottom? J/K. They make a good boat
I didn't think the Carrera was a 26 nor a 29? Correct me if I am wrong...

GlastronGuy
04-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Cat Facts
http://www.cattales.org/CATSKULL.gif

twistedpair
04-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Good one! Now shrink that ****ing signature!!;)

GlastronGuy
04-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
Good one! Now shrink that ****ing signature!!;)
Shrink it? I found a hack that will let me make it bigger.

BADBLOWN572
04-03-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by NorCalCat
Maybe Not! Oh yeah, you mean the Force with the Carrera Bottom? J/K. They make a good boat
I didn't think the Carrera was a 26 nor a 29? Correct me if I am wrong...
Carrera builds the 257 Effect which is the same bottom as the Force/Rayson Craft 26' cat.
Carrera builds the 290 Effect which is the same bottom as the Force 29' cat. (SAME MOLD)
There is a long story here, but I don't want to get in to it. Both of the Force boats are based on the Carrera 257 Effect. They have taken a proven design and built it. They are building a decent boat. At one point in time, they had some of the best riggers in the business, but they have since gone away.
<~~~Not Bashing Force, just telling how it is.

dorC
04-03-2004, 08:03 AM
Of your list, the 26' Elim will be the second slowest. Maybe the slowest. I have also seen some shotty workmanship from elim. Eliminator does have awsome in gel graphics though. The AO is a splash of the Talon hull, so if you don't mind owning a copy of a boat, then it's a great hull and it's fast. The Talon hull is now being built by Hustler. AO has had some severe problems with the front office as of last year. You should confirm the stability and build quality of the company before giving them a deposit. The DCB is original tooling and they have awsome build quality. I don't have much experience with them, so I can't comment on their speeds.
Depending on the ability to rig the boat right you will run between 90 and 105 with your power. The B-max will slow you up some. The tendency for cat's to porpoise is not so much the hull as the rigging. I have never had a porpoise with my boat, yet people with a simular boat complain of a porpoise.

mbrown2
04-03-2004, 08:16 AM
DCB Mach or F26...no porpoise ...have not ridden in the others and I might be bias....I would go with a Max Machine Worx drive instead of any of the others you mentioned....go to their website and just compare their parts to the others.....With the same hp, they are all going to be in the same neighborhood...Some will be a little longer, some may ride flatter, some may have deeper sponsons for rougher water, etc...