PDA

View Full Version : AMA Superbike

Ducatista
04-02-2004, 03:11 PM
For you knee-drager's out there.....
AMA Chevy Trucks U.S. Superbike Series kicks-off California Speedway's season with the Yamaha Superbike Challenge on the motorcycle course April 3-4. Superbike riders Mathew Mladin, Aaron Yates, Anthony Gobert and the Bostrom brothers, Eric and Ben, will battle it out for the top podium spot in AMA's top series. The Genuine Suzuki Accessories Superstock, Pro Honda Oils U.S. Supersport and Lockhart Phillips USA Formula Xtreme series will make this action packed weekend a must have for any cycle enthusiast.
Good Luck Eric!
http://dbserver.iscmotorsports.com/ISCadmin/SharedImages/images/EventImages/logo_amasuperbike.gif

Ducatista
04-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Well what a fun weekend! Got up early Saturday morning and set sail on the Duc for California Speedway in Fontana CA. from my home in Palmdale. Twisted and drifted up N2 over Wrightwood down to old route 66, and then south to Fontana. Alot of threating grey clouds, but I squeeked through with no rain.
A full day of Superbike, Supersport, & Formula Extreem qualifing, then round one of the AMA Superbike race which started at 3:20pm. Matt Mladin & his Suzuki just killed the rest of the field in this race on Saturday and the round 2 race on Sunday.
This weekend 32-year-old Mladin has been the rider to beat having set a blistering pace to secure pole position for the double header round on Saturday morning, before taking the first Superbike race later that afternoon.
As he did Saturday, Mladin launched his Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 off the start line and into the immediate lead, working hard in the opening laps of the 28-lap race to build a gap over his rivals and set the fastest lap of the race with a 1:25.926 on lap three. After five laps he had built a gap of 2.5 seconds over his nearest pursuer Eric Bostrom (Ducati).
Eric Bostrom finished second in both races on his new ride for Ducati. Clearly Matt's gixr had more power than anybody else on the track, it was a site to behold!
Rode home through rain, wind, and hail Saturday evening comming back home to Palmdale over Wrightwood, what an E-Ticket ride that was. Geez I'm just glade to be hear! All in all it was a awsome weekend for Motorcycle enthusiasts, and I had a blast.
Next Thursday night it's back to Havasu!
http://www.ussuperbike.com/adm/upl/hwgmqnbi6g_1081170305.jpg
Eric Bostrom on the Duc, followed by Zemke(Honda), Eric's bro Ben(Honda) & DuHamel(Honda). Mladin in the GSXR had already gone by!

77charger
04-05-2004, 04:24 PM
There aint no stoppin a suzuki gsxr
A gsxr 750 owner here:)

RiverToysJas
04-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
There aint no stoppin a suzuki gsxr
A gsxr 750 owner here:)
So you're saying GSXR's have bad brakes??? http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/happy11.gif
RTJas :D <- Pocket Bike owner here...

77charger
04-05-2004, 04:45 PM
they have some excellent brakes you just aint going to stop the winning.:D
Damn pocketbike owners There minor league:D