PDA

View Full Version : Trailer tires

phebus
04-03-2004, 09:40 PM
If a trailer has 225/70-15 tires, and you want to go to a low profile tire, what size would work best? I need to go a little lower to be able to put the boat in a standard 7' garage door. As it sits, it is the same heigth as the door opening, so just a little would work, but the more the better as long as it doesn't compromise anything.
Thanks

Outnumbered
04-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by phebus
If a trailer has 225/70-15 tires, and you want to go to a low profile tire, what size would work best? I need to go a little lower to be able to put the boat in a standard 7' garage door. As it sits, it is the same heigth as the door opening, so just a little would work, but the more the better as long as it doesn't compromise anything.
Thanks
A 60 or 50 series in the same 225mm width will lower the trailer with a smaller diameter tire. But be careful of your load ratings.
OL

lovemyultra
04-04-2004, 02:45 PM
I think the load ratings is where things start changing ,I actually raised my fenders a little this weekend so I could put 8 ply tires on mine ,but Im not having the clearance issues you are GOOD LUCK

jlnorthrup122
04-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Screw getting lower tires!!!
I have the solution to your crearance problems!!!:D :D :D break out the sawsall and cut that ****ing door out!!!!!!!:D :D :D