PDA

View Full Version : Aftershock input please

jbone
04-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Hello, First timer here.
I'm looking to upgrade from 18' Glastron to a new jet boat. I go to Martinez so a jet is a must.
My buddy just spent 41,000 on a 21' Shockwave SC. It did have some upgrades, but thats a little too much for me.
Aftershock appears to have a boat more in my price range. I haven't gotten a final quote, but it will have the 6.0 liter, set back with a hydro diverter amongst other minor upgrades. I hope to save about 5-6,000 over the Shockwave. Can anyone give me some input on the Aftershock. I have ridden in one and I loved it but I don't have anything to compare it to.
Thanks for your help.
Jason

hd&boatrider
04-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Check with Bordsmnj...They own an Aftershock

redneckgirl
04-06-2004, 05:24 AM
I don't know much about Aftershock... but you should ride in both boats before you make your choice... Am sure you would not go wrong with either boat... IMO I would go for the Shockwave, but I am a little biased... One very happy Shockwave owner :D :D :D
RNG

BoatFloating
04-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by jbone
Hello, First timer here.
I'm looking to upgrade from 18' Glastron to a new jet boat. I go to Martinez so a jet is a must.
My buddy just spent 41,000 on a 21' Shockwave SC. It did have some upgrades, but thats a little too much for me.
Aftershock appears to have a boat more in my price range. I haven't gotten a final quote, but it will have the 6.0 liter, set back with a hydro diverter amongst other minor upgrades. I hope to save about 5-6,000 over the Shockwave. Can anyone give me some input on the Aftershock. I have ridden in one and I loved it but I don't have anything to compare it to.
Thanks for your help.
Jason
Like you said you've ridden in one and loved it. What more do you need. Save yourself $5-$6K. I don't think the Shockwave will ride any better or worst as it all depends on conditions.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-06-2004, 11:31 AM
We love our boat.
:D :D
Sorry, not feeling real talkative, I will have the hubby respond.
:)

Hustler
04-06-2004, 11:49 AM
If that 6.0 ltr is the small block you will hate it with a jet, make sure you get at least a big block. either a marine power 454 or the merc 496. you wont regret it.

shockwaveharry
04-06-2004, 11:59 AM
What drive package is in your buddys Shockwave? Reserve judgment till you get a final price quote and compare apples to apples.
:)

bordsmnj
04-06-2004, 07:49 PM
i agree with hustler on the big block thing. MarinePower puts out a nice injected 496 that i would spend the extra money for. even with a big block a 21 foot boat(afteshock or shockwave) will not go over 60(GPS not speedo) unless it has 500 hp or better-PERIOD. so if a sales guy(i don't care who) tells you differrent call bullshit imediatly. i walked away the last time someone tried that.:D i believe in aftershock,they're building a better boat everyday. some poeple don't like to run with a new company and that's ok too. comparing both boats apples to apples and going back and forth is a good way to save money- i did:D

jbone
04-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the input.
I definately try to get the big block. I'll be happy if I can hit the mid to high 50's.
Any other input would be appreciated. Good or bad.
J

Steamin' Rice
04-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by jbone
Thanks for the input.
I definately try to get the big block. I'll be happy if I can hit the mid to high 50's.
Any other input would be appreciated. Good or bad.
J
The problem is that once you hit 57, you will want to go over 60MPH. After that, you will want to go in the mid 60's, then into the 70's, etc etc etc....
I would put the money into more power up front if it is in your budget.....

NorCalCat
04-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Isn't Aftershaock that red liquor we drank in College?

NorCalCat
04-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Bring back memorries?

77charger
04-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Go with the bigger motor esp if jet if it were an i/o the 6.0 would be fine but not for the jet.

1coach3
04-10-2004, 08:56 PM
We love our 21 Foot Aftershock. We saved money up front and we were able to upgrade in the areas that were most important to US. Shockwave was charging about 8000 more then Aftershock for our boat. We did the apples to apples thing and we saved$$$$$. We have had our boat for over a year now and we have nothing but great things to say about Aftershock. They have taken care of us from day one.

NastyNebs
04-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Hey JBone
My wife read somewhere that Shockwave will match prices of comparable boats, I dont know if that means Aftershock, but I believe she read that in the Boat Trader

jbone
04-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the input.
Hey 1Coach, for some reason I'm craving Wonder Bread. I wonder why???
J

Kilrtoy
04-11-2004, 08:16 PM
My wife read somewhere that Shockwave will match prices of comparable boats
that is in their add and also right now they are giving a 1 step motor upgrade for free

bordsmnj
04-11-2004, 10:13 PM
LMAO! don't believe evrything you read.:D i tried taking one of their adds in before. i was sorry i drove all the way to corona.

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 10:04 AM
I hear there were some issues with your meeting,
But I did get what their add stated and alot more.....:D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I hear there were some issues with your meeting,
But I did get what their add stated and alot more.....:D
We just happened to have a bad experience with Shockwave, no biggie. Doesn't really matter because we love out boat. :D :p

BoatFloating
04-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
We just happened to have a bad experience with Shockwave, no biggie.
Your not allowed to say that around here or they will accuse you of being a junk grinder like they told me. Your not allowed to have your own opinion if it doesn't match their opinion. You got a great boat and they take care of you and that's all that matters. You guys still looking at WPM's? Aftershock/Carrera has all the molds now and all the sizes.:D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-12-2004, 11:24 AM
LMAO!!
Yeah, still thinking about the WPM. We were not satisfied with the financing deal so we opted to hold out until the end of summer. :D
Looking forward to meeting you!
:p
Linda

slink
04-12-2004, 11:56 AM
I was looking at their 24' and Shockwave 25'. Aftershock's base price was way cheaper, but by the time I added every option and some upgrades, they were only $200 less than SW, and by the time I walked out of SW they had beat that price. My advise (for what its worth) educate yourself on the building process, ask lots of questions and dont settle till your 100% satisfied. Its your money spend it wisely. Oh ya, and dont forget to change your mind 1,000 times :)

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Your not allowed to have your own opinion if it doesn't match their opinion.
No Difference alllowed Damn IT, This is not open for discussion.:D
By the way Jason and Linda, Are you looking at a new cat....

bordsmnj
04-12-2004, 02:47 PM
yeah, i really really wanted to get a cat. the banks wouldn't listen to reason when it came to interest rates. that and getting married cost just a little more than i thought. i can't wait to get a cat. not a big one mind you just a little one that goes under a hundred mph - barely:D

BoatFloating
04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
LMAO!!
Yeah, still thinking about the WPM. We were not satisfied with the financing deal so we opted to hold out until the end of summer. :D
Looking forward to meeting you!
:p
Linda
Can't wait to meet you guys also. THe WPM is a nice boat and once you go Cat you never go back.
No Difference alllowed Damn IT, This is not open for discussion:D
See, even we agree on somethings.J/K:)

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Nordic doesnt have a CAT

1coach3
04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
So what did you get?

rposton1
04-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Looks like he was leaning towards a Shockwave Skier last time I spoke to him...Robert

1coach3
04-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Do you know how much he was going to spend on it?

SLAPPING_GLASS
04-22-2004, 02:55 AM
21ft aftershock toronado owner here so far love the boat and no problems at all.Great customer service also.good luck on your indecision.ha ha ha.eother way you cant go wrong.

FRENCHIE
04-22-2004, 08:12 AM
what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Kilrtoy
04-23-2004, 03:34 PM
I would spend the extra 1 or 2 k and get the STEP SKIER, you'll be glad you did

Rubths
04-26-2004, 07:13 AM
I am also in the market for a new cat. Im looking for a 24"-28" mid cabin open bow with enough power to pull 70's at least. The wife and I are going to start hard investigating this week but we did see the add in the trader for Aftershock and there MONTHLY PAYMENT gimmic. Going to get a hard quote this week sometime.

jbtrailerjim
04-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Rubths
I am also in the market for a new cat. Im looking for a 24"-28" mid cabin open bow with enough power to pull 70's at least. The wife and I are going to start hard investigating this week but we did see the add in the trader for Aftershock and there MONTHLY PAYMENT gimmic. Going to get a hard quote this week sometime.
Look at the Ultra 27 Shadow. Nice boat and they do build it in a mid cabin. I've sat in one and it has quite a bit of room in the mid cabin.

Rubths
04-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Look at the Ultra 27 Shadow. Nice boat and they do build it in a mid cabin. I've sat in one and it has quite a bit of room in the mid cabin.
Nice boats I almost pulled the trigger on one 2 years ago but I was just getting into the river gig and the coin was a bit high for me.