PDA

View Full Version : Hey Roaddog4040 here ya go

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
have mama approve or reject bottom floor :rollside: :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734roaddog4040_Model_1_.jpg

djunkie
03-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Sorry for the hijack Karl, just wondering if you found out what happened to your motor?

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Sorry for the hijack Karl, just wondering if you found out what happened to your motor?
nope!!! nothing conclusive, not a mark on anything
Brown truck on it's way, with re-ring kit, Trick flow roller cam kit, still deciding on what CC edelbrock Alu heads to get, think I am going with the 60cc 2.02 heads (keep it on pump gas), should LUMPITY LUMP good by next weekend :)
I am guessing the fuel pump is the culprit.
anyways it's ending up as a full roller motor at around 9.4:1, that should close to 400hp :rollside:

djunkie
03-30-2006, 05:16 PM
nope!!! nothing conclusive, not a mark on anything
Brown truck on it's way, with re-ring kit, Trick flow roller cam kit, still deciding on what CC edelbrock Alu heads to get, think I am going with the 60cc 2.02 heads (keep it on pump gas), should LUMPITY LUMP good by next weekend :)
I am guessing the fuel pump is the culprit.
anyways it's ending up as a full roller motor at around 9.4:1, that should close to 400hp :rollside:
Sounds good. Hope it all works out. Get that thing ready. We gotta do another steamboat get together soon.

Roaddogg 4040
03-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Karl
Pretty good for the first go around. I have a short list of changes to get the Boss's wishes in. I tried to call but no answer.
Steve

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Karl
Pretty good for the first go around. I have a short list of changes to get the Boss's wishes in. I tried to call but no answer.
Steve
I was ....uhhhhh indisposed :redface: call back

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Sounds good. Hope it all works out. Get that thing ready. We gotta do another steamboat get together soon.
I should be ready for summer by next weekend :)

Ziggy
03-30-2006, 05:36 PM
what motor you talking 'bout Willis? The Fusion, ah I mean the Falcon or boat?

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
what motor you talking 'bout Willis? The Fusion, ah I mean the Falcon or boat?
STUPID CHEBY!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
completely apart.....errrrrrrrrrr

Ziggy
03-30-2006, 06:24 PM
STUPID CHEBY!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
completely apart.....errrrrrrrrrr
So thats the noise you were hearing eh? Sucks dude....Damn Cheby's....Kinda like mine blowing exhaust gaskets at 60 hours....what'd they do, build them in England?

Mrs.Racer277
03-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Karl
Steve
Hi Steve,
It was great meeting you and "the Boss". Let us know when you will be back in town.
Dia

Roaddogg 4040
03-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Dia
Howdy back... I will be back in town about the 18th of April to start the foundation for the shop and go to the races in Parker. then off to California to babysit the grandkids for three or four days then back to Michigan for a few weeks then back for the Steel Building part... Whew! Hope to see you guys soon.
Steve and "The Boss" :)

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Karl
Steve
The BOSS approved version... :rollside:
Right click "save picture as"
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734roaddog4040_ROUND3.jpg

Roaddogg 4040
03-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Looks puuurfect Karl!!! Great work as usual... See ya in April...
Steve and "The Boss"

Ziggy
03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
water heater in the Garage now? I like that one better, more room in the bathroom without the tub..... :cool:

Mrs.Racer277
03-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Dia
Howdy back... I will be back in town about the 18th of April to start the foundation for the shop and go to the races in Parker. then off to California to babysit the grandkids for three or four days then back to Michigan for a few weeks then back for the Steel Building part... Whew! Hope to see you guys soon.
Steve and "The Boss" :)
Wow busy busy busy. I will check. I think we will be there that weekend, unless we have a boat race.
Dia

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 06:56 PM
So thats the noise you were hearing eh? Some turn key boat you were sold huh? :rolleyes: ..LOL
boats fine....bad fuel pump "I think" :confused: no one could identify the noise :rollside:
but you know me..... errrr that nose is driving me crazy :rollside: ...I would rather rebuild and know whats there :wink:
not to mention add 100 hp in the process :) should be sip'n the gas after this..it had a Thermoquad........ on a boat????? Brilliant :squiggle:
Thank god I have a good supply of Carter AFB's :)

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 06:58 PM
water heater in the Garage now? I like that one better, more room in the bathroom without the tub..... :cool:
Zig this whole thing goes INSIDE a little Corner of his garage :rollside:
and thats just the first story :rolleyes:

Ziggy
03-30-2006, 07:00 PM
boats fine....bad fuel pump "I think" :confused: no one could identify the noise :rollside:
but you know me..... errrr that nose is driving me crazy :rollside: ...I would rather rebuild and know whats there :wink:
not to mention add 100 hp in the process :) should be sip'n the gas after this..it had a Thermoquad........ on a boat????? Brilliant :squiggle:
Well thats good to know, sounded like it lunched on you the way you talk about a bunch of stuff you're getting for it......
My Snowbirds are due out sometime his weekend..yahoooooooooo...they(or their kid) may straggle a few extra days so if you see them no biggie. My 1st run out may later part of april....depending.

djunkie
03-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Thermoquad? Do you mean a quadrajet?

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Well thats good to know, sounded like it lunched on you the way you talk about a bunch of stuff you're getting for it......
My Snowbirds are due out sometime his weekend..yahoooooooooo...they(or their kid) may straggle a few extra days so if you see them no biggie. My 1st run out may later part of april....depending.
it just sounded like rod knock or piston slap. we will see how well I can build a cheby
wana place any bets on a INSTANT start :)
I will have to check your garage door, they have a habbit of leaving it open when they are gone.
did my customers brother take the lease next year?

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Thermoquad? Do you mean a quadrajet?
ahhh OPPS thats it......you want it DJ?
dime size primarys do me no good :rolleyes:

djunkie
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
ahhh OPPS thats it......you want it DJ?
dime size primarys do me no good :rolleyes:
I still got the original quadrajet on my 454 mag. Their a great carb if you know how to dial them in right.

SummitKarl
03-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I still got the original quadrajet on my 454 mag. Their a great carb if you know how to dial them in right.
well there is a spare waiting for you here. :) or you could go dual quads :idea: = OCTAJET....LMAO
I am sticking with what I know best Carter AFB/Edelbrock :rollside:

djunkie
03-30-2006, 08:46 PM
well there is a spare waiting for you here. :) or you could go dual quads :idea: = OCTAJET....LMAO
I am sticking with what I know best Carter AFB/Edelbrock :rollside:
No thanks. When I freshen this motor up its getting a Holley. And just a couple more horsepower. :crossx: