PDA

View Full Version : what is your...

91nordic29
04-06-2004, 03:09 PM
niftiest camping tip, invention, gadget?

Debbolas
04-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Pre-cooking our tri tip roasts so we just have to heat it up when we are hungry and BBQing after a long day on the lake.
(and bacon precooked for breakfast):D

mirvin
04-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Ok, so when you're sitting around the campfire and you want some food, not those damn marshmallows here's what you do.
Get some of those Pillsbury buiscuits, the ones in the can, flatten em out and then wrap it around a pice of cheese and then wrap that with bacon the use toothpicks to holt it all together.
Put in on the fire. WHen the bacon is crisp the buiscuit will be done and the cheese will be melting all over.
MMMmmmmmm goood.
Oh, and get a motorhome;)
mirvin

Danhercules
04-06-2004, 03:19 PM
This is great for Glamis or where its cold,
when your sittin at the campfire, and ya know how your butt and back get cold, but you face and front of your legs are warm...........with a shovel, dig outs a small pile of coals and put them under your seat. Not too many cause it will get hot.
Works like a charm.
DISCLAMER.........DO NOT FART!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Ok, so when you're sitting around the campfire and you want some food, not those damn marshmallows here's what you do.
Get some of those Pillsbury buiscuits, the ones in the can, flatten em out and then wrap it around a pice of cheese and then wrap that with bacon the use toothpicks to holt it all together.
Put in on the fire. WHen the bacon is crisp the buiscuit will be done and the cheese will be melting all over.
MMMmmmmmm goood.
Oh, and get a motorhome;)
mirvin
Ooooh, that sounds good! I think I might make those in the fireplace tonight. :D :D

harleypauls
04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Skin so soft from avon. Hard to believe, but no bugs will come around. No ants either. I guess they don't like the smell.

91nordic29
04-06-2004, 03:33 PM
i crack my eggs into jars and add milk, seasoned salt, swiss cheese so that all i have to do is shake the jar up and dump into the skillet and throw away the jar. no messy eggshells.

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Egg rolls, mayo, ham, mustard. (cheese if you want it)
There you have river sandwiches-nothin special- they're nice for me cause usually at the river, I don't get that hungry, mini sandwiches are all I need. :)

welk2party
04-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Slice potatoes, onions, bell peppers, some garlic, and mixed cheese.
Add ingredients to an aluminum foil bowl. Throw in olive oil or butter (lots of either). Seal up with several layers of foil wrapping it until is seems like a foil ball. Place on the Q turning periodically. Cooks fast and tastes wonderful.
Plus you can pre-make it!

Kilrtoy
04-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Motel 6

HCS
04-06-2004, 05:17 PM
The hammick.
Not my invention, but it's a cool camping gadget.:)

FlatUgly
04-06-2004, 05:35 PM
a bottle opener mines screwed to the side of my tent trailer

AleAlchemist
04-06-2004, 05:38 PM
One Time we went camping and forgot the bottle opener.:confused:
I remembered that rolling rock commercial where the guy uses his wedding ring to open the bottle.:cool:
Worked like a charm.:D

Debbolas
04-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
MY CAMP CHEF COOKER AND MY DUTCH OVENS,i can almost cook anything at the lake:D ;)
Prepare for hour long lecture by "Ahhell" on the merits of dutch oven cookin (he cooks everything in them)
lol
:D
Each family cooks dinner a different night, this is nice, so some days you can look forward to someone els cooking after a long day on the lake....
Taco Salad - very easy to make
fruit platter - from Costco, everyone is so dehydrated at the river this platter is only $5 and just disapears!

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
fruit platter - from Costco, everyone is so dehydrated at the river this platter is only $5 and just disapears!
Water is good too, I't's usually cheaper than fruit platters also. :D

Debbolas
04-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by hallett flatbottom kid
Water is good too, I't's usually cheaper than fruit platters also. :D
The Fruit platter is THE BEST, after camping, and boat riding and beer and turkey jerkey all day.....just yummy!
I guess you could add rum to it......

Kachina26
04-06-2004, 06:12 PM
No camping tips here, I just wanted to say while Deb is easy on the eyes I think she needs to crop Matt out of her avatar:D :D :D j/k

Debbolas
04-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
No camping tips here, I just wanted to say while Deb is easy on the eyes I think she needs to crop Matt out of her avatar:D :D :D j/k
oh, do you know how long it took for me to shrink that photo?
I was trying to get my Victoria Secret Swimsuit (top) in the photo, but Matt is so tall, I had to cut that part out.
From the photos I have seen, I am not "well - endowed" enough to post on the forum....
lol
guess I could try again.....
:rolleyes:

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 06:27 PM
no one drinks water at the river :D unless theirs wiskey in it:D
Well, as a 15 year old, I could/would/have gotten in trouble for that kind of thing. :cool:

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 06:30 PM
The Fruit platter is THE BEST, after camping, and boat riding and beer and turkey jerkey all day.....just yummy!
I guess you could add rum to it......
That's true, The fruit patter is a good choice I guess. :)
Nothing quenches thirst like water though. IMO

Debbolas
04-06-2004, 06:38 PM
gatoraid !

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 06:43 PM
YOUR ONLY 15,YOU CAN'T BE ON HERE UNLESS YOUR 18 :D
I'm close enough, I'll be 18 in 32 months!!! :D

Debbolas
04-06-2004, 06:46 PM
his name does say "kid"

ahhell
04-06-2004, 06:51 PM
oh, do you know how long it took for me to shrink that photo?
I was trying to get my Victoria Secret Swimsuit (top) in the photo, but Matt is so tall, I had to cut that part out.
From the photos I have seen, I am not "well - endowed" enough to post on the forum....
lol
guess I could try again.....
:rolleyes:
Debbo...when did you grow boobs...they hold up the swim suit nicely:D :D :D

ahhell
04-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Prepare for hour long lecture by "Ahhell" on the merits of dutch oven cookin (he cooks everything in them)

Debbolas
04-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
We are waiting for our lecture....

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER 15 :D
What are you trying to say??? :D

ahhell
04-06-2004, 07:03 PM
dont make me do this....if it needs cookin' you can do it in a dutch oven. potatos, eggs, meat, pineapple upside down cake...you name it, it can be done...hell, im done, and i want another beer. details to follow.......maybe
Best dutch ovens...Hurst hardware, St.George Ut. right titties and beer???:D

DeltaSigBoater
04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
my friends hate it, but i get everyone up at 630am to be on the water by 8. i think it pays off about 2:00 when people try to find a spot.

91nordic29
04-07-2004, 06:40 AM
i am always the first one upe, usually by 5, and i am the one who lights the fire under the coffee pots.

Debbolas
04-08-2004, 05:34 PM
It took me awhile to figure out how to make cowboy coffee over a flame stove with a percolator. But I make good coffee now....

Debbolas
04-08-2004, 05:41 PM
That is soooooo cheating!
If it is Starbucks, at least leave it cold, for the river....
:)

Debbolas
04-08-2004, 05:46 PM
don't you mean bottle? glass bottle of starbucks coffee drink?
:confused:

Debbolas
04-08-2004, 05:49 PM
I think you can do coffee in an
IV in some states....lol

Scream
04-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
What's wrong with my picture? Hell, she already chopped me out...That's the thanks I get for waiting on her hand and foot and knee after her "procedure".

Debbolas
04-08-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry...
:(