PDA

View Full Version : need a lawyer in havasu

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 05:40 PM
on my recent trip to havasu i got in a little trouble with the locals.
put the boat in and headed down the river under the bridge past the beaches to what i thought was the end of the no wake zone. wrongggggg
aproxiamatly 500 yards away from these well marked buoys were a second set of no wake buoys that i didnt see untill it was to late. by the tiime i noticed them and shut down the man was waving me over. he informed me that if i had read the first set of buoys i would have known not to get on plane till i got past the second set. i realize ignorance of the law is no defense but they could have maintained the buoys better if they are truely concerned for safety.

Havasu Hangin'
04-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Don't look at me...I put the stickers there.

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Don't look at me...I put the stickers there.
whats your address? i need to sapina (sp) you :D

GlastronGuy
04-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Are all the bouys like that one in your pic? I would think if you showed that pic (and others like it) the judge would throw the ticket out.
How much is the fine?
How much would you spend on an attorney?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2004, 05:46 PM
well I agree with you how the hell are you suppose to read this. that to me is not boat safety.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=644119
I will call a few people for you and see what I can come up with.
;)

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Are all the bouys like that one in your pic? I would think if you showed that pic (and others like it) the judge would throw the ticket out.
How much is the fine?
How much would you spend on an attorney?
heres a rough draft of the letter i sent judge davis. i also sent pics of both buoys in question. her (judge davis) responce was pay up or show up :mad:
fine is $140.00
Dear Judge Davis ,
This letter is in regards to a ticket I received on 3-16-04 on Lake Havasu (complaint # 70286) for excess wake.
On our recent trip to California to retrieve a used boat I purchased my wife and I decided to take a day to visit and go boating at the well publicized Lake Havasu on our return trip to our home in Missouri. This boat is the X boat that I have owned and I have been boating for X years. (add if true) To this point I have never received a citation for violation of a maritime law. This brings me to the situation that occurred on March 16th of this year.
As we passed under the (name of the bridge here) bridge and passed several waterfront commercial establishments at idle speed and we came to what I believed to be the end of the no wake zone. I have attached a picture(s) of the buoy in question. The buoy is obviously in the shape and color of an informational buoy as is described and pictured on the US Coast Guards non-lateral aids to navigation web site. Because this type of navigation aid is used for numerous navigational restrictions and hazards such as restricted areas, swimming areas, hazards such as rocks or speed limit restrictions it is imperative that the buoy be clearly marked and readable to identify the restriction or hazard. Because the buoys were obviously unreadable and their location was such that a reasonable person familiar with the use of these navigation aides would conclude that this was the end of a no wake zone. There were few boats in the area and none operating in a manor that lead me to believe that we had not in fact left the no wake area. Therefore we proceeded to increase speed to plane the boat off. Approximately 500 yards away from the first set of buoys I observed a second set of buoys and immediately brought the boat back to an idle speed. This second set of buoys were place far enough away from the first set that it would be unreasonable for the average person to visually observe them from the first set.
When I was stopped and cited by the Officer I explained the facts as I have to you but instead of issuing a me a warning I was ticketed and told “You should have read the first set of buoys”. As you can see from the enclosed pictures it is impossible to read the buoy.
I would never intentionally break any posted speed limits or violate the law and I believe that any reasonable boater would have come to the same conclusions that I did given the facts as presented. Therefore I am asking you to set aside and dismiss this citation and would further ask that the water enforcement division at the lake immediately correct this obviously confusing navigation aid.
Sincerely,
Steve xxxxxxxx

randy77zt
04-06-2004, 05:55 PM
did you damage somebody's boat with your wake?or did you just get a ticket?seems like anywhere there is lots of boats/playtoys/money the local law enforcement wants to make a profit by writing tickets.my point of view is that if you slowed down .didnt hurt any body's property,and wasnt drinking you shouldnt have gotten a ticket.

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by randy77zt
did you damage somebody's boat with your wake?or did you just get a ticket?seems like anywhere there is lots of boats/playtoys/money the local law enforcement wants to make a profit by writing tickets.my point of view is that if you slowed down .didnt hurt any body's property,and wasnt drinking you shouldnt have gotten a ticket.
wasnt drinking anything but iced tea. no damage to anyone.
keep in mind it was my first ( and now last trip ) to havasu.
we stopped there on our way home to missouri from california to purchase a boat. cop (sheriff) was polite but still issued the ticket.
said i should have read the buoy :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
04-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Lotoparty
Maybe it was the "Potty Cove or Bust" sticker on your truck. :eek!:
Seriously...don't let it get to you- Havasu is not that bad (should have e-mailed me...I don't charge much per hour for my "guide services").
I'll bet you $1 that you'll beat it.

Kachina26
04-06-2004, 06:08 PM
You know, I see so many jackball's going on a plane through the no wake zone, it's nice to see one finally get a ticket. On the other hand, I was just thinking about that bouy on my last visit out there. I think you have a good case, however when you see a bunch of boats not coming up on a plane you might wanna think about why.

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Maybe it was the "Potty Cove or Bust" sticker on your truck. :eek!:
Seriously...don't let it get to you- Havasu is not that bad (should have e-mailed me...I don't charge much per hour for my "guide services").
I'll bet you $1 that you'll beat it.
hey lotohangin! :p
bet you $140.00 i dont :D

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
You know, I see so many jackball's going on a plane through the no wake zone, it's nice to see one finally get a ticket. On the other hand, I was just thinking about that bouy on my last visit out there. I think you have a good case, however when you see a bunch of boats not coming up on a plane you might wanna think about why.
i feel the same way as you. happens alot at lake of the ozarks.
i dont break the rules and am i courteous boater.
there were only a few boats past the buoys that appeared to be anchored close to shore. there was also a jetski that got on plane a few minutes before me so everything led me to beleive i was past the no wake area. as soon as i saw the second set i shut down.

Havasu Hangin'
04-06-2004, 06:16 PM
bet you $140.00 i dont :D
Gambling is illegal in Arizona, Mr. havasuparty...
...I just e-mail this thread to the judge for evidence.
:p

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Gambling is illegal in Arizona, Mr. havasuparty...
...I just e-mail this thread to the judge for evidence.
ask him what his price is to make this ticket "go away" :)

Mike67rs
04-06-2004, 07:07 PM
I was out ther Sunday the 28th. I saw a couple of boats getting pulled over in Thompson Bay. On Monday morning, I saw the rangers replacing the bouy with all the stickers on it. The bouy is between Thompson bay and the channel. I guess they got your message, assuming the days are correct. Go take a pic of the new bouy, it may help your case. An as I mentioned, the boat was a pontoon marked "ranger." Hopefully this helps our case. Mike

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike67rs
I was out ther Sunday the 28th. I saw a couple of boats getting pulled over in Thompson Bay. On Monday morning, I saw the rangers replacing the bouy with all the stickers on it. The bouy is between Thompson bay and the channel. I guess they got your message, assuming the days are correct. Go take a pic of the new bouy, it may help your case. An as I mentioned, the boat was a pontoon marked "ranger." Hopefully this helps our case. Mike
hmmmmm , veryyyyyyyy interesting :)
thanks for the info Mike!
anyone got a pic of the new improved buoys?

Kilrtoy
04-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Accepting responsible is the first act learned.
Maybe if you change the letter to read, admitting guilt due to 1st time on lake and accpeting the ticket but asking that the fine be set aside and the citation upheld, might go over better. Rememebr a wake ticket does not affect your drivers license.

Lotoparty
04-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Accepting responsible is the first act learned.
Maybe if you change the letter to read, admitting guilt due to 1st time on lake and accpeting the ticket but asking that the fine be set aside and the citation upheld, might go over better. Rememebr a wake ticket does not affect your drivers license.
read above. letter was sent and answered.
its not about whether it effects my D.L.
its about an unfair , unsafe , confusing situation.
if they expect boaters to obey the rules of the waterway , they have to inform (readable marked buoys) the boating public.
its "their" responsiblity to maitain those buoys.
thats what taxes are for.

Mike67rs
04-06-2004, 08:00 PM
If I was in your situation: out of state visitor, first trip there, Tuesday in March, cleared one set of bouys, cleared the second set, saw open water....I woulda done the same thing. Good luck, Mike

Kilrtoy
04-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Ok sorry, I thought that was the rough draft, then as stated above if no one else is on plane, then that might be a clue.
Also if there was no one around and it affected NO ONE, then you could explain why the citation was unfair as to the intent of the law, your unfamiliarness with the waterways and lack of appropriate markers. End result, no one was affected by your actions and the penality does not fit the action. But then again your in M.O. chalk it up to leson learned or make a week out of it.

6 Dollar Boat
04-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Mike67rs
I was out ther Sunday the 28th. On Monday morning, I saw the rangers replacing the bouy with all the stickers on it. The bouy is between Thompson bay and the channel. I guess they got your message, assuming the days are correct. Go take a pic of the new bouy, it may help your case. An as I mentioned, the boat was a pontoon marked "ranger." Hopefully this helps our case. Mike
I also noticed the new stickers on the bouys between Thompson's Bay and the Channel. They state that the whole bay area is a no wake zone.

Kachina26
04-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey Steve, how do you pronounce your last name? no vowels?

randy77zt
04-06-2004, 10:10 PM
$140-thats cheap.a buddy of mine got a ticket for $325 for no throwable on board after his 12 year old son hit the gas in a 5 mile zone.this was in san juaquin delta on ship channel out of stockton.this sounds like tourist taxes to me.i do take my boat to havasu 1 or 2 times a year.i really watch for the cops-i have a boat they would probably like to stop.

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Hey Steve, how do you pronounce your last name? no vowels?
what? not sure what you mean?

Kachina26
04-07-2004, 05:29 AM
what? not sure what you mean? Just havin fun, you signed it Steve xxxxxxxx. It's not as funny now that I had to explain it. Good luck.:D

BoatPI
04-07-2004, 06:18 AM
As a visitor you may have launched at the LHC Marina on the island. If so you must have missed the signs indicating the restrictions in Thompson Bay. The judge will ask you, "so what if that covered bouy had a diamond on it, why did you drive near it?."
I think you have a looser. Add in the 100 other boats traveling at 5 MPH. In most "traffic" or tort courts, you cannot have lawyer as the proceedings are not criminal. This is an infraction as I recall, NOT a misdemeanor like DUI.

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by BoatPI
As a visitor you may have launched at the LHC Marina on the island. If so you must have missed the signs indicating the restrictions in Thompson Bay. The judge will ask you, "so what if that covered bouy had a diamond on it, why did you drive near it?."
I think you have a looser. Add in the 100 other boats traveling at 5 MPH. In most "traffic" or tort courts, you cannot have lawyer as the proceedings are not criminal. This is an infraction as I recall, NOT a misdemeanor like DUI.
put in at the park around the corner from the island so i never saw the Thompson Bay restrictions. is was pretty dead the day i was there. there where not 100 other boats in the bay. only a few anchored close to shore.
No lawyer huh :rolleyes:
apparently no justice either. like i said before , its not about the money. its a problem that needs to be addressed. no different then getting a parking ticket when no sign or an unreadable sign is present. why did they change the buoys recently? admission of guilt on their part?

Danhercules
04-07-2004, 03:59 PM
put in at the park around the corner from the island so i never saw the Thompson Bay restrictions. is was pretty dead the day i was there. there where not 100 other boats in the bay. only a few anchored close to shore.
No lawyer huh :rolleyes:
apparently no justice either. like i said before , its not about the money. its a problem that needs to be addressed. no different then getting a parking ticket when no sign or an unreadable sign is present. why did they change the buoys recently? admission of guilt on their part?
Well, ya just shot yourself in the foot. Pay it. You say its not about the money, Ita problem that needs to be addressed. You sent a letter, now they repaced the bouy. Yea it is the money. I would not want to give up $140 either.
Its sucks. I got a ticket for no throwable, Well I had it. I could not find it. I found it later. I had a witness. So should I get out of it??? I just bucked up an paid.

al cole'holic
04-07-2004, 04:04 PM
..hell if you ain't coming back throw the ticket in the trash :D

Kilrtoy
04-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Alcoleholic,
When are you tending shop, the wife wants to go shopping and I would like to meet you.....

Boatcop
04-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Take some advice from the professional. Do what the judge said.
Pay up or Show up.
You just might get the fine suspended and/or the ticket dismissed if you appear in court. But you have to appear in court.
A lawyer could appear for you and argue your case. This is permissible in a Petty Offense charge, which "Excessive Wake" is, in the state of Arizona.
However, if you weigh the cost of an attorney for a court appearance ($2,500-$5,000) against the cost of the ticket ($140), it doesnt take a CPA to figure out the best deal.
Since the ticket doesn't go on any type of driving record or criminal history, won't affect you insurance rates, or have any other impact on you personally (except a slightly lighter wallet), there's no logic to hiring a lawyer to fight this, unless you're hung up on the "principle", and have that kind of money to line some shyster's pocket.
My personal opinion, is that the disfigured navigation aid would be a mitigating factor, and the citation SHOULD be dismissed by the court. However you'd have to argue the case in front of the judge, and not through the postal service. Just as you have a right to state your side of the story, the officer has to get the chance to justify why he gave the ticket in the first place.
Besides. It's an excuse to come back to Havasu. :cool:

Boatcop
04-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Its sucks. I got a ticket for no throwable, Well I had it. I could not find it. I found it later. I had a witness. So should I get out of it??? I just bucked up an paid.
And rightfully so.
The law says that the Type IV throwable must be immediately available, so that it can be quickly thrown to a person who falls in the water. So not being able to find it is the same as not having it. Even if you found it, after digging through the boat for 5 minutes with the Officer still on scene, the charge would still stick.
Even if you decided to fight that particular charge, you would have lost.

Boatcop
04-07-2004, 05:24 PM
.hell if you ain't coming back throw the ticket in the trash
I saw the smilie, but just in case anyone might want to take this suggestion, these tickets go to warrant.
And when you add the failure to appear charge, that pushes the fine up to around $750.00, which would be extraditable State wide. Get pulled over on your way across the state on vacation, and end up in jail.
Some Courts also consider this a "debt", and file it with a collection agency. There goes your credit. AND the warrant is still there, even if you pay the collection bureau.
The Judge will want to know why you ignored him. And Judges don't like to be ignored.
I stopped a guy down here last year who had a Havasu Warrant. It was 4 years old, and for swimming in the channel. A $25 dollar fine ended up costing him over $500. :eek:

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Boatcop , thanks for your reply and understanding.
perhaps if you had been there instead of the local sheriff i would have just received a warning.
my hopes were to have the judge dismiss the charges considering the information i sent her and do something about the unreadable buoys. maybe she did have the buoys changed?
i have no way of knowing.
anyway , ive cooled down about the whole situation and will pay the fine. after all , the problem has been fixed and the next guy will hopefully avoid the situation i found myself in.
theres one more thing i just have to say:
LOTO rules and Havasu sucks :p
j/k

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=645758
cool ride. I'm glad you got the info you were looking for. Unless you go there alot. you don't know what the bueys say. all I know is to hold on the hubby's drivin. LOL!! :D

XTRM22
04-07-2004, 05:48 PM
heres a rough draft of the letter i sent judge davis. i also sent pics of both buoys in question. her (judge davis) responce was pay up or show up :mad:
fine is $140.00
Dear Judge Davis ,
This letter is in regards to a ticket I received on 3-16-04 on Lake Havasu (complaint # 70286) for excess wake.
On our recent trip to California to retrieve a used boat I purchased my wife and I decided to take a day to visit and go boating at the well publicized Lake Havasu on our return trip to our home in Missouri.
Your right, that ticket does suck, particularly when you figure in that the wakeless bouys used to be right past the point at the marina, if you had been to Havasu before but not in say 10 years that would have been an even easier mistake to make.
THat said I'm still hung up on your letter. did anyone else read it like this.....On our recent trip to California to retrieve a used boat, I purchased my wife and I decided to take a day to visit and go boating.. blah blah blah. I know I added the coma, but how much did you have to pay for a California wife? (that's a joke, please don't come all the way back from LOTO to beat me up ;) ) If you ever do come back, let us desert dwellers know when, I'll bet we can supply you with enough cold ones to soften that 140.00 hit.
Chuck

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by XTRM22
...did anyone else read it like this.....On our recent trip to California to retrieve a used boat, I purchased my wife and I decided to take a day to visit and go boating.. blah blah blah. I know I added the coma, but how much did you have to pay for a California wife?
It's been so long, I'm not sure I recognize humor on the board anymore...
Chuck- I just gave you 5 stars...er...nevermind.
Havasuparty...you need to come out and re-inspect the buoys. We can make you the "buoy monitor"...we'll tape a beachchair (you probably don't know what that is in Missouri) to the buoy...and you make sure no stickers get placed on it.
BTW...LOTO (Lake of the Oppressed) sucks. :p

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:01 PM
It's been so long, I'm not sure I recognize humor on the board anymore...
Chuck- I just gave you 5 stars...er...nevermind.
Havasuparty...you need to come out and re-inspect the buoys. We can make you the "buoy monitor"...we'll tape a beachchair (you probably don't know what that is in Missouri) to the buoy...and you make sure no stickers get placed on it.
BTW...LOTO (Lake of the Oppressed) sucks. :p
yours always good for a laugh HH.
thanks!
ok , lets compare:
havasu party cove :rolleyes:

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:02 PM
the real deal:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:03 PM
the real deal:
is this where you go. that is alot of boats. ;)

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
is this where you go. that is alot of boats. ;)
yes MRS FLYIN VEE.
and i have a feeling you would fit right in ;)

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 06:08 PM
the real deal
The "real deal" looks like:
1. A big weekend (apples to oranges)
2. Swamp-water with mosquitos the size of small children
Just my impartial observations...;)

XTRM22
04-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh man I hate these LOTO vs Havsu threads, I went to this rodeo on OffshoreOnly one time and it turned ugly fast. I would like to visit LOTO someday when I can afford alot more fiberglass wrapped around me.
Hey HH, you know me looking for the humor in life. Hey you know where I can get a new prop for my RC Boat?
Chuck
PS Lotoparty, I just noticed the picture, sweet boat!

Havasu Cig
04-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Someone needs to post some shots from the air of the Sandbar and Copper canyon...
What day was that picture taken on, and what cove was it????

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:10 PM
2. Swamp-water with mosquitos the size of small children
.;)
:D :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:13 PM
yes MRS FLYIN VEE.
and i have a feeling you would fit right in ;)
thanks. My hubby likes the pic. my hubby use to live in mo. also. ;)

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:15 PM
well crap , why dont my pics show up?
That moderator is a great guy!!!

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Someone needs to post some shots from the air of the Sandbar and Copper canyon...
What day was that picture taken on, and what cove was it????
http://www.havasudoug.com/images/sandbar.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000sandbar2-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000sandbar1-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/881Sandbar-med.GIF
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/975Sandbar-med.jpg
I'm gonna guess he's never been to the sandbar (too many buoys to confuse the LOTO newbies)...:p

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:22 PM
you guys suck. too many shit talkers. :yuk:

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 06:24 PM
well crap , why dont my pics show up?
That moderator is a great guy!!!
Thanks, Havasuparty...you're not so bad yourself.
PS- There's a buoy that shows how to post pictures correctly...ya just gotta know how to read it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:25 PM
;) :D nothing it was my evil twin. trying to slow down on the smokin with RD and I was practicing.. LOL!! :D

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:25 PM
wow , i have to admit , thats a whole bunch of boats.
is the water deep enough for offshore boats to get there?
dammit man , if i had turned right instead of left i would have avoided the ticket and found the big party :(

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:27 PM
:D

Dr. Eagle
04-07-2004, 06:27 PM
well I agree with you how the hell are you suppose to read this. that to me is not boat safety.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=644119
I will call a few people for you and see what I can come up with.
;)
LOL, looks like the city was making some revenue from thier buoys out there. Wonder how much they were charging for the space??;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
EVIL TWINS;) :D
sometimes. they tend to have a mind of there own and jump out at ya.. :D :D

moneysucker
04-07-2004, 06:28 PM
It sucks paying tickets. I just pay them all. I have never fought any. Some really pissed me off but I can only think of one that I didn't earn. It was a wake in a no wake zone ticket. I was at an idle. Of course all the times wake boarding in the back channels more than made up for it. As for all the speeding tickets, I earned every single one and then some. I get $100.00 a day up in San Francisco each day. The meter maids like me because I don't get all pissed off. I deserve all of them also. I park in a 30 min loading zone all day. If they towed me I wouldn't park there. Stiffer penalties deter problems. $140.00 is way cheaper than returning to fight it or getting a lawyer Don't forget the 2 stamps and the cost of the check BASTARDS!

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
HANG ON ,I'LL GO GET A CATCHER'S MIT:D :D
LMAO!! make it extra large.. :D

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks, Havasuparty...you're not so bad yourself.
I cant wait to get back to Havasu and experience a real party!
Yeah...I messed up by not sending you an e-mail...won't happen again! I'm on my way... :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:32 PM
group hug.. LOL!! :D ;)

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Alright buddy...I'm on my way! :p
And bring that beautiful new boat (it makes mine look like a dingy).
BTW...I've seen 40+ footers at the sandbar. Havasu Cig rolls up in his Gun on a regular basis...

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:43 PM
:D maybe it is a bouy in disquise. :D

Lotoparty
04-07-2004, 06:46 PM
dam your fast with editing my post:)
for those of you that dont know , Havasu Hangin did me a big favor last year by checking out a boat for me in LA.
boat turned out to be a POS so he saved me a chunk of traveling cost.
he didnt know me and i didnt know him.
anyway , i thought it was pretty dam nice of him to do it!
HH , someday i hope you can make a trip to LOTO.
you WILL have a great time!!

Havasu Cig
04-07-2004, 06:47 PM
This was taken at the Sandbar last year... plenty of big boats make it up there.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p6d550c793c629f119a086f283cb62b05/fad3363a.jpg.orig.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 06:48 PM
I think HH needs to go to loto. he needs to learn how to party. J/K :D thats what I heard anyway. I've never met him in person yet. :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 06:51 PM
HH , someday i hope you can make a trip to LOTO.
you WILL have a great time!!
Don't make it out like I'm some kind of nice guy...I have a rep to keep up (plus you already paid me...thanks again).
Someday I'm gonna break down and buy a Cafe...then I'll drag it out there and see what all the hub-bub is about (mosquito repellant in-hand).

Havasu Cig
04-07-2004, 06:52 PM
another...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p106ba3a18c32f87d4eedbb36ddd4932c/fad3363e.jpg
The boat the picture was taken from....As long as the water level is not low getting there is not a problem.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pf7a6e441c37bdb1f24f22fe9b77d3c43/fad33646.jpg

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 07:01 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/74fad3363a.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 07:03 PM
HH how come you never post your boat? :D and what do you look like? :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 07:07 PM
HH how come you never post your boat?
My boat is no DCB...so I mostly "lurk" on the water (except when Goatblowing spots by ride).
...and what do you look like? :D
People tell me I look like Danny DeVito.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 07:10 PM
that is Carlos. actually we call Carlos tattoo. and curley. :D :D
he gets mad at me.. LOL!!
we have a new one for Carlos now though.
have you seen the commercial about the dryer that steels the socks but it is a little man. well I have to tell carlos that is him. LOL!!
he's gonna kill me. But I love Carlos. :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 07:13 PM
that is Carlos.
I heard a rumor that Carlos was doing the "Oompa Loompa" dance a few weeks ago....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/74wonka38.jpg
He's probably still mad at me because I "outed" him on wearing women's clothes...

Havasu Cig
04-07-2004, 07:14 PM
HH,
You really looking at buying a Cig??? There are some nice Cafe's out there now.:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 07:17 PM
I heard a rumor that Carlos was doing the "Oompa Loompa" dance a few weeks ago....
He's probably still mad at me because I "outed" him on wearing women's clothes...
ROTFLMAO!! HE'S GONNA KILL US. BUT YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT. AND HE IS ON THE LEFT. ooops. :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
HH,
You really looking at buying a Cig??? There are some nice Cafe's out there now.:cool:
I know...don't remind me. I keep telling myself that my old boat will do one more year...
...but I still watch the classifieds, and it's killing me. I wish I could afford this one (http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoclassifieds/classifieds.php?a=2&b=243) right now.

al cole'holic
04-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Alcoleholic,
When are you tending shop, the wife wants to go shopping and I would like to meet you.....
I may be there Friday..:D

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 08:01 PM
ROTFLMAO!! HE'S GONNA KILL US. BUT YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT. AND HE IS ON THE LEFT. ooops. :D
It's a good look for us...I think I'm gonna wear it to the sandbar next trip.

rivercrazy
04-07-2004, 08:59 PM
I know...don't remind me. I keep telling myself that my old boat will do one more year...
...but I still watch the classifieds, and it's killing me. I wish I could afford this one (http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoclassifieds/classifieds.php?a=2&b=243) right now.
That boat has no where near enough stereo for you!:cool:

Kilrtoy
04-09-2004, 02:08 PM
I may be there Friday
GOD, I was around the corner with the wife for an Hour earlier.
She is sleeping now , she has to work tonight....

Havasu Hangin'
04-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
That boat has no where near enough stereo for you!:cool:
Maybe I can find someone who knows something about audio?

Havasu Cig
04-09-2004, 04:32 PM
That Cafe used to be owned by one of the SCOPE guys and I believe he owns a Tiger now. I will have to talk to my buddy to confirm, but I am 99% sure it is the same boat. Very nice ride....
Good luck on the hunt for a new boat. I almost bought a 1973 20' Cigarette that had just been completely restored at the cost of 100k. The guy needed out of it and I could have picked it up at about 35-40k. I decided not to do it and regret it to this day. The thing looked like it just rolled out of the factory, at it was definitely different than you average river boat. Would have been a cool little cruiser for Havasu or Parker. At least you are looking at the right brand.:wink:

Havasu Hangin'
04-09-2004, 05:06 PM
I almost bought a 1973 20' Cigarette...
Yeah...don't see too many of those around. Definately sounds good for Havasu.
The Gun a little much for lounging in the channel?

Havasu Cig
04-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Actually the Gun is not to bad out there. I think we are going to stay away from the channel as much as possible now though, much easier to go anchor in Steamboat or some other cove and not deal with the attitudes.
We are going to buy a pontoon eventually and that will be our primary Havasu boat.:wink:

RiverPirate
04-11-2004, 08:16 PM
I noticed this week while I was up there that the sticker bouy had been replaced. I was wondering why, it has been stickered up for along time. I would be willing to bet you that by the end of summer this one will be all stickered up too. The "KCAL Rocks" will be mine.:D

Phat Matt
04-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by RiverPirate
I noticed this week while I was up there that the sticker bouy had been replaced. I was wondering why, it has been stickered up for along time. I would be willing to bet you that by the end of summer this one will be all stickered up too. The "KCAL Rocks" will be mine.:D
They did change the bouy out. You don't mind if I cover that KCAL sticker with and real one like "X103.9" do ya? :D

Lotoparty
04-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by RiverPirate
MORON :rolleyes:

Boatcop
04-15-2004, 07:31 PM
You'd have to get caught in the act, but the State penalty for defacing a Navigation Aid is a fine of up to $2,500 dollars and 1 year in Jail.
The Federal Penalty (It is a Federal Navigible Waterway) is $25,000 (Yes, twenty-five thousand) dollars.
The fact that there were 137 stickers on it before you put yours on will be no defense.
You may also cost a fellow boater some money, as was the situation that began this thread, or possibly cover up a hazard buoy that could cost someone their boat or their life.
I suppose we could get fingerprints off of the stickers if it got to be too much of a problem, or if someone died as a result of not being able to read an aid and went into a hazardous area. Then negligent homicide charges might be brought.
Is it worth that to give free advertising to some radio station that you can't even get out here?

Phat Matt
04-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Boatcop
You'd have to get caught in the act, but the State penalty for defacing a Navigation Aid is a fine of up to $2,500 dollars and 1 year in Jail.
The Federal Penalty (It is a Federal Navigible Waterway) is $25,000 (Yes, twenty-five thousand) dollars.
The fact that there were 137 stickers on it before you put yours on will be no defense.
You may also cost a fellow boater some money, as was the situation that began this thread, or possibly cover up a hazard buoy that could cost someone their boat or their life.
I suppose we could get fingerprints off of the stickers if it got to be too much of a problem, or if someone died as a result of not being able to read an aid and went into a hazardous area. Then negligent homicide charges might be brought.
Is it worth that to give free advertising to some radio station that you can't even get out here?
I hope you are posting because of the KCAL guy. Mine was a joke because they are my competition. :)

RiverPirate
04-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Hey Matt both stations are programed into the radio. X's signal disappears by the time I get home. KCAL just comes in, sort of. This is the kind of fun I'm looking for. Boaters in my neighborhood. What do you do at the X?
Alan, good info, I'm with you, just having a little fun in here. With all of the other things we see going on in the Channel I don't think anyone has time for the bouys. Rather unfortunate.

Phat Matt
04-15-2004, 10:17 PM
I do sales for X. I've been there for 5 years. Everyone hates to listen to commercials and that's my fault. But for me, everytime one runs, it's money in my pocket! :D

RiverPirate
04-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Right on, keep up the good work. :)

Wet Dream
04-16-2004, 05:14 AM
Hey, the third one from the left looks like John Kerry.;)