PDA

View Full Version : Why I would never live in California

Seadog
04-06-2004, 07:43 PM
In Oklahoma, Wal-Mart has a variety of stores. We have supercenters with grocery stores, we have Neighborhood Markets and most of the full size stores have auto centers. My brother says that Wal-Marts are rare in SoCal and none of them have service centers.
I thought this was stupid, but I saw in the news today that the politicians in one community is blocking Wal-Mart because they do not hire union. So apparently, the criteria as to who can work and live in the community is whether or not they are 'party' members. Josef would be proud.

mirvin
04-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Unfortnately this problem is way down on the list of why not to live here:frown:
Can't wait to get out;)
mirvin

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2004, 07:47 PM
you are right and it is probably the one here in inglewood.

Mike67rs
04-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Unfortnately this problem is way down on the list of why not to live here:frown:
Can't wait to get out;)
mirvin
Me too, 10 years and counting

Kilrtoy
04-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Actually they want to build in the GHETTO, Some of the residents that live there are saying THEY DON'T PAY ENOUGH. Give me a break that place will bring hundreds of jobs that are non existent right now. Call them DUMB ASSES

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
the funny thing about the people in inglewood. is they said they don't want them here. but then complain because there are no jobs there. but this is because they burnt their own city down in the riots. go figure. ;)

mirvin
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Yes it is. What the hell is going on there? What are they voting for? I mean, it sounds like the vote is to allow wallmart to bypass certain zoning and environmental studies or something?
Seems like all the hubbubb we're hearing in the news is just smokescreen;)
mirvin

Kilrtoy
04-06-2004, 07:56 PM
The blacks and hispanics are just looking for excuses to not work:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2004, 07:58 PM
they would rather get popped for dealing then have a straight up job that pays by check rather then cash.

mirvin
04-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
The blacks and hispanics are just looking for excuses to not work:D
MEE TOOO!! I just haven't found the right one yet:D
I read today that COsco takes care of their people rEAl GOOOD compared to wallmart but wallmart turns a hell of a profit and cosco just does so so:cool:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
the funny thing about the people in inglewood. is they said they don't want them here. but then complain because there are no jobs there. but this is because they burnt their own city down in the riots. go figure. ;)
It may bring in hundreds of jobs at the expense of other jobs (like grocery stores and tire/tune-up shops)
Don't mean to start a pro-union thread, but it could replace better paying jobs with $7/hour jobs. People in Inglewood don't want those jobs any more than you do. $7 an hour 25 hours a week will not get them off welfare.
Seadog, there are service centers in the Walmarts here. There's one in Lake Elsinore.

Floatin'
04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
I don't care if they put a Wal-Mart in the ghetto or not but I don't want one in my neighborhood. I have been in a Wal-Mart, it is full of toothless morons. Instead of a McDonalds they should put a Dentist inside. (I was only joking)
Serioulsy though, I think residents of small established towns are affraid of the "Big Boys" comming in and putting the "Little Man" out of business. I miss my local mom and pop hardware store that went out of business 5 years ago when they put a Home Depot and Lowes within 10 miles of their store.

Kilrtoy
04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Checker at Walmart $ 6.75HR
checker at Costco $16. HR
any wonder why
almost forgot benifits at Costco

Kilrtoy
04-06-2004, 08:07 PM
INGLEHOOD is in the big city

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
It may bring in hundreds of jobs at the expense of other jobs (like grocery stores and tire/tune-up shops)
Don't mean to start a pro-union thread, but it could replace better paying jobs with $7/hour jobs. People in Inglewood don't want those jobs any more than you do. $7 an hour 25 hours a week will not get them off welfare.
Seadog, there are service centers in the Walmarts here. There's one in Lake Elsinore.
I agree. but something is better then nothing . ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-06-2004, 08:10 PM
True. I don't think I've ever been there, so I have no idea what kind of businesses there would be put in jeopardy. I'm interested to see how it turns out though. I love it when cities tell Goliath to get lost.

Floatin'
04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't know about that my Dad moved us out during the Watts Riots and I havn't been back since the Lakers moved to Staples. ;)

HCS
04-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Actually they want to build in the GHETTO, Some of the residents that live there are saying THEY DON'T PAY ENOUGH. Give me a break that place will bring hundreds of jobs that are non existent right now. Call them DUMB ASSES
That's it. It's a freeking joke. When you leave the LA airport
you got to hit the highway. If you go straight you run right into
the ghetto, right where they want to build the Wal-mart.
This is the pitt of So. Cal. I mean the worst toilet in the area.
They don't want it because they'll have to be normal. They want
guns and drugs, not stores. Then there will be cops, law, and
order in their hood. They want to deal there shit and shoot each
other. They want society to stay out. Just like in Iraq.
Just put towels on their heads.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2004, 08:17 PM
the residents there burned everything so they haven't really rebuilt much. but it doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't want to put the small business owner out of business. most work to hard for their money. ;)

ROZ
04-06-2004, 08:24 PM
I mean, it sounds like the vote is to allow wallmart to bypass certain zoning and environmental studies or something?
Seems like all the hubbubb we're hearing in the news is just smokescreen;)
mirvin
You are correct sir. It's more than just putting up a super center. Walmart has put up THOUSANDS of dollars to get this thing through. The vote will make the city rezone the area for a ? acre facility...
You wana know how to keep an area in poverty? Put a Walmart there...
Our community managed to keep Walmart from Rezoning from a much needed affordable housing (next to La Costa..lol) to a comercial zone so they can build a huge facility in an already traffic ridden upscale family community (2 mins from RD's house ;) ). What's funny is that they used sales tax revenue as part of their argument...How is a redistribution of sales tax creating more sales tax?

Seadog
04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Some of these answers are typical of what I mean. Why pay some kid $16/hr for a starter job? Wal-Mart is not a life time job for people that are going to have a future unless they go into management. If you cannot earn more than what WM pays, that is not their fault.
As for losing the Mom and Pop stores, get real. A small store either finds a niche, or it goes under, and 90% of the times, it is not the big outfits at fault. Does anyone here realize the high percentage of small businesses that go under? Most small businesses are usually franchises of major chains. How many 'family' restaurants are replaced by Outbacks or Chilis?
WE had a family lumber yard that went out of business in this town, after Lowes went in. It wasn't Lowes that did the deed, it was another area store moving in. Lowes was just a final nail in a long due coffin. Without competition, prices are high and service is low.

C-2
04-06-2004, 09:32 PM
My first-hand observation about big business and cities;
There are many, many deals that are struck between cities and companies such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Ikea etc. Cities fight (and sue) other neighboring cities for the tax base, and cities require so many perks from the companies…it’s out of control. Perks like expected donations and contributions to city functions and charities, free x-mas trees for the poor to name two.
And the kiddie projects you see at Home Depot on the weekends…you think Home Depot wants to give that crap away? Hell no they don’t, but the city and Home Depot sure put a nice spin on it, don’t they?
Some of the big companies won’t succumb to the Gestapo tactics of most cities. After businesses say f* you to city hall, they usually make a lame ass attempt to convince voters it's in their best interest.
Corruption at its finest. :)

dc96819
04-06-2004, 09:42 PM
If Walmart is built in Inglewood there going to find lots of empty boxes on the shelves:D

Cas
04-06-2004, 10:16 PM
I guess it could be considered another source of income for armed robbers?

SoCalOffshore
04-06-2004, 10:16 PM
When you earn $0.00/hour, then $6.75/hour is actually a high paying job.

ROZ
04-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Seadog
Some of these answers are typical of what I mean. Why pay some kid $16/hr for a starter job? Wal-Mart is not a life time job for people that are going to have a future unless they go into management. If you cannot earn more than what WM pays, that is not their fault.
I don't know about you, but the Walmarts I've been in had more 23-50 year old people woking there than some kid in his entry level position... Like I said, keeping the community down...
Favorite walmart tactic of mine...As always, they build in tri-city or atleast city border regions. The cities without the store notice revenues go down. They audit and notice that it's due to the store pulling tax base from their border lying residents. Now one of the other cities has a better location about 2 blocks from the original store. The city with the prime lot lures them away from the city of orgin with a sales tax deal that they don't have to pay into for 6 years. Walmart builds another store and moves, closing down the 1 st store 2 blocks away. Incidentally, the 1st city had the same tax deal. The store closed down in 4 year's time and the city not only lost future sales tax revenue, but now has a big ass whss that only 2% of the nations retailers can occupy....
Ends up the city could have made more money by allowing the develpoer to build homes or a small strip mall housing boutique stores...
Love their healthcare plan... Here's WIC and papers to file for government health....
One other thing... 8.00 per hour at 15 hours a week doesn't even come close to paying my monthly gas card bill.... How about yours?

ROZ
04-06-2004, 11:28 PM
I gues HH feels that this is one of his dead horses.... He usually has plenty of anti-competition sentements to throw around Walmart...
The other is 6v batteries... :D

Seadog
04-07-2004, 05:13 AM
If you are operating a cash register after 20 years, the only word to discribe you is LOSER. It is stupid to expect someone to do minimum wage work for a long time unless that is all they are willing to do. To pay more than the job is worth, is welfare and is counter productive.
As far as where they put their stores, any community that expects Wal-Mart or any other large chain to stay in one place for more than 5-10 years is being an idiot.

THOR
04-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by C-2
My first-hand observation about big business and cities;
There are many, many deals that are struck between cities and companies such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Ikea etc. Cities fight (and sue) other neighboring cities for the tax base, and cities require so many perks from the companies…it’s out of control. Perks like expected donations and contributions to city functions and charities, free x-mas trees for the poor to name two.
And the kiddie projects you see at Home Depot on the weekends…you think Home Depot wants to give that crap away? Hell no they don’t, but the city and Home Depot sure put a nice spin on it, don’t they?
Some of the big companies won’t succumb to the Gestapo tactics of most cities. After businesses say f* you to city hall, they usually make a lame ass attempt to convince voters it's in their best interest.
Corruption at its finest. :)
A 'deal' was struck in the HB walmart and now the city officials are being prosecuted for it. Good. That f*&^in walmart has brought HB down with all the low lifes that are coming in there.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-07-2004, 07:23 AM
If you are operating a cash register after 20 years, the only word to discribe you is LOSER.
Thanks, but I'm not a loser. I also own a successful business with my husband that grosses 1.5 million a year, a twelve acre ranch, two houses, a nice boat, motorhome, two quads and a dirtbike. I am NOT a Loser. Oh, I'm also 2 classes away from a bachelors degree. What have you done with your life?
Sorry to rant, I just took that a little personal.
Oh, I forgot the trailer at Lake Mohave:D

Seadog
04-07-2004, 07:56 AM
It sounds like you are doing more than operate a cash register with your life. Jobs like that are entry level, period. If you chose to do nothing more with your life, and you had gained all that from working 40 hrs/week just as a cashier, then you would be overpaid. I worked at W-M and several fast food places while going to college. I have also worked construction. I built up my education and my practical knowledge. Would you want your children to say that they are gong to flip burgers for a living?
Overpaying for unskilled labor is not going to encourage people to look for other things. Working at places like that are meant to teach the young adults about how a business looks from the employee perspective. The intelligent ones take the knowledge and use it to climb the ladder.
Don't forget, also, that jobs like that are sought by the older workers that have hit hard times or have screwed up their lives. Some do it because they want to get out and do something that allows them human contact. There are times when I think about getting a part-time job at Lowe's, just for the chance to do physical work and not be an administrator.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-07-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm just saying, be careful when making blanket statments about people. You have no idea what people do in their off time. ;)
I'm glad to see the residents of Inglewood voted it down. We have enough Walmarts in this country. People don't need more places to shop, they need decent jobs.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
I'm just saying, be careful when making blanket statments about people. You have no idea what people do in their off time. ;)
I'm glad to see the residents of Inglewood voted it down. We have enough Walmarts in this country. People don't need more places to shop, they need decent jobs.
great post sweety. ;)

Havasu Cig
04-07-2004, 09:00 AM
I won't go near Wallmart....My other 1/2 goes there for stuff, but there are to many Scumbags there for me. It looks like you are on the set of Jerry Springer.:rolleyes:
FYI: The one in Havasu is about the only one I have been in with normal people, but I am sure that is a reflection of the population in the town.

mirvin
04-07-2004, 09:37 AM
I say let them come. THe people make the real choice. I have never been to a Wallmart. THat's my right as a consumer. In fact I go to lots of different stores to get the stuff I need. It takes me longer but I feel like I'm supporting the right places. Whatever.
mirvin

Nubbs
04-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Checker at Walmart $ 6.75HR
I can't really say that they deserve more money. I know it's a crappy job, but if they're better than that they should be able to find a better job. Also, since when is the city responsible for bringing jobs? If someone is a good worker he'll be able to find a job on his own. If not, he's either lazy or not quite as good as he thinks.

BUSTI
04-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I am in the commercial real estate business.........and for those of you that want the straight poop on all the brilliant decision makers that are the city council in Inglewood, call LA area commercial re offices like CB/Richard Ellis and ask them what they think of investing your money in commercial real estate in Inglewood vs. other areas near or around the south bay. Then ask them if all the lenders in commercial loans what they think of the likelyhood of real estate going up in value in Inglewood as quickly as other areas.
Look the quality of the decisions a city makes regarding zoning in its city can usually be evaluated by how much their decisions add value to the real estate they have made decisions on.
Inglewood sucks! The wal-mart decision isn't the only stupid decision this group has made. I am happy they made the decision they made, its a testimony on how fd up government really is!

mirvin
04-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Busti, your post confuses me.
THe "City" of Inglewood wanted Wallmart. The mayor and other government officials wanted Wallmart.
It was Jesse Jackson and the activists and the community that didn't want them.
Or do I have this wrong?
mirvin

Ducatista
04-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by BUSTI
I am in the commercial real estate business.........and for those of you that want the straight poop on all the brilliant decision makers that are the city council in Inglewood, call LA area commercial re offices like CB/Richard Ellis and ask them what they think of investing your money in commercial real estate in Inglewood vs. other areas near or around the south bay. Then ask them if all the lenders in commercial loans what they think of the likelyhood of real estate going up in value in Inglewood as quickly as other areas.
Look the quality of the decisions a city makes regarding zoning in its city can usually be evaluated by how much their decisions add value to the real estate they have made decisions on.
Inglewood sucks! The wal-mart decision isn't the only stupid decision this group has made. I am happy they made the decision they made, its a testimony on how fd up government really is!
Busti is right on. Representative Maxine Waters and the rest of the Inglehood idiots were against Wall Mart. What city needs increased tax & sales revenue? Hell Inglehood has been laying off its own city workers!
They brought in that moron Jessie Jackson to lead the fight against Wall Mart, saying it will shut out small bussiness and cost jobs. Hell the small business that would be affected don't supply any jobs that pay anyway! They get what they deserve....drown in your own igornance Inglehood.:mad:
Mirvin, the City Council decided against Wall Mart last year. Wall Mart followed the law and took it to a ballot backed initiative that was just shot down by the morons that live there.

cigarette1
04-07-2004, 11:15 AM
If you are operating a cash register after 20 years, the only word to discribe you is LOSER. It is stupid to expect someone to do minimum wage work for a long time unless that is all they are willing to do. To pay more than the job is worth, is welfare and is counter productive.
As far as where they put their stores, any community that expects Wal-Mart or any other large chain to stay in one place for more than 5-10 years is being an idiot.
Why I would never live in Oklahoma :p

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Busti, your post confuses me.
THe "City" of Inglewood wanted Wallmart. The mayor and other government officials wanted Wallmart.
It was Jesse Jackson and the activists and the community that didn't want them.
Or do I have this wrong?
mirvin
Sorry, Mirvin, but I think you are wrong. I read in the paper today (which could also be wrong) that the city denied Walmart's request and walmart got the issue put on a ballot. The article stated that they went out and got the signatures to put it to the people. That's when the city got people like Jesse Jackson to support them. That's according to the Press-Enterprise in Riverside.

C-2
04-07-2004, 12:01 PM
If the city and Wal Mart would have come to an agreement, Wal Mart would be there, period. The city would have spun it so the dumb-ass citizens would have thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Instead, the city spins it the other way and makes it appears as if they beat down big biz...puhhleaze.
I don't know why so many of you think Inglewood is straight-out ghetto. Granted it has its bad areas....but it's not a dangerous hood like other areas of South central, or even worse, Pacoima or East LA. Those areas make me nervous while pounding pavement.
This should be good.... :D :D :D

ROZ
04-07-2004, 02:08 PM
How many years has YOUR walmart been there?
Let's see, the Home Depot in my neighborhood has been there for 9 years. Costco has been here for 20 years.... The sears has been in town for 30 years... I know, it's rare in this day and age...
I guess I'm a low income idiot who can't afford to own a home in OK much less own a home in Ca. But that's alright. Atleast I have my teeth :D
I think it's bogus for the mega retailer to force itself into a market that doesn't want them there....
BTW, I have a relative who works for Walmart. He makes a SHIT load of money, and doesn't agree with all of it's business practices...

Desert Rat
04-07-2004, 02:25 PM
MEE TOOO!! I just haven't found the right one yet:D
I read today that COsco takes care of their people rEAl GOOOD compared to wallmart but wallmart turns a hell of a profit and cosco just does so so:cool:
TRUE on the taking care of people. Of course Costco can't compete on the up and up with Wal-Mart as a whole but they kick the shit out of Sam's Club in profits. Sams has been trying to catch up to Costco since day one and can't (as per a story in the Wall Street Journal). Costco shows that you don't have to F*&K your employees to make a buck. My wife has been in management at Costco for years. We use her benefits vice mine in the Fed Gov because they are far better and way cheaper. I transferred to SoCal and Costco had no problem transferring my wife. I understand to many Wal-Mart is a transition job but you can still treat people fairly.
That being said I think the people of Inglewood should have been happy that Walmart wanted to take a chance on a super store in the GETTO!!!! :confused:

BUSTI
04-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Roz
you are missing the fundamental issue of property rights. Who the hell is the city or the public to tell a land owner that he can't do what he wants to with his land? Provided it is a legal and moral enterprise he should be able to develope his land for wal-mart! The developer has the right to decide for himself, hell it is his land and capital at risk not the city or any body elses.
And what do you mean you cant stand super retailers forcing them selves on a community that doesn't want them? When was the last time you have seen a wal-mart go broke for lack of customers? Do you think they get customers at the point of a gun?
the arrogance of any man or group of men that think they have the right to tell me what I can and can't do with my land are socialist leftist pukes that add to the already constant disregard for property rights that we suffer with every day in this country!
If you support the cities action against wal-mart and the developers who want to develope their own land than you are very un-American, because this country was founded on the very precept that property and the right to determine its use belonged to the individual that OWNED IT!
THE IGNORANT ARROGANCE OF COLLECTIVISTS NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A GOVERNMENT THAT STRIVES TO CONTROL YOUR PROPERTY STRIVES TO ENSLAVE YOU WITH TYRANNY! WAKE UP!

mirvin
04-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Ok, I had it wrong.
I know for a fact that the Mayor wanted wallmart there;) Unless I am mistaken, again:D
mirvin

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 02:56 PM
no you are right. the mayer wanted it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by C-2
If the city and Wal Mart would have come to an agreement, Wal Mart would be there, period. The city would have spun it so the dumb-ass citizens would have thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Instead, the city spins it the other way and makes it appears as if they beat down big biz...puhhleaze.
I don't know why so many of you think Inglewood is straight-out ghetto. Granted it has its bad areas....but it's not a dangerous hood like other areas of South central, or even worse, Pacoima or East LA. Those areas make me nervous while pounding pavement.
This should be good.... :D :D :D
well I have to disagree with some things being said. inglewood is ghetto. at least a majority of it is. I work in inglewood everyday. and if you go to where I work which is all over the city. I am affraid to get out of my work van at times. It is not that safe there. alot of people look at me and have said. " what the **** is a white bitch doing in our hood doing our plumbing?"
well mother f**ker. it's because your on this here street corner sellin crack to support the 12 kids you have do you want a job?" a real one that is.
hell no.
sorry it is just what I know and have experienced there. if you don't live or work there then you just don't know.

Seadog
04-07-2004, 03:18 PM
What gets me, is that so many people that talk about how (1) great the Mom and Pop stores are; (2) the 'wrong' type of people shop at Wal-Mart; (3) Wal-Mart does not pay great wages or benefits.
1. Most small business live by the skin of their teeth. Family members are expected to work long hours for less than minimum wage. They have no benefits. You have almost no rights and a lot of times when the owner quits, dies or gets sick, most employees are out on their ear.
I have four BILs that are running their own businesses and a nephew that has his own trucking company. One SIL worked for a major company that was union and paid her great wages/benefit. It got taken over by another outfit and they decided that all the old timers had to go to prevent paying high retirement benefits. They made them sign a contract that they would get benefits only if she agreed not to sue them. Her lawyer said that it would be hard to fight and she would have no money for the years it took.
2. The people in a store reflects the neighborhood. If you want to see the beautiful people, I would suggest the Wal-Mart at Vail and Frisco, Colorado.
3. Wal-Mart pays minimum wage for the run of the mill employees, but can pay decent for those that can move up into a management position. My neice was a section manager at 18 and worked for them while she went to college. She also worked as a beautician for both chain and small outfits. Wal-Mart beat them hands down for job quality and pay.

ROZ
Originally posted by BUSTI
Roz
you are missing the fundamental issue of property rights. Who the hell is the city or the public to tell a land owner that he can't do what he wants to with his land? Provided it is a legal and moral enterprise he should be able to develope his land for wal-mart! The developer has the right to decide for himself, hell it is his land and capital at risk not the city or any body elses.
And what do you mean you cant stand super retailers forcing them selves on a community that doesn't want them? When was the last time you have seen a wal-mart go broke for lack of customers? Do you think they get customers at the point of a gun?
the arrogance of any man or group of men that think they have the right to tell me what I can and can't do with my land are socialist leftist pukes that add to the already constant disregard for property rights that we suffer with every day in this country!
If you support the cities action against wal-mart and the developers who want to develope their own land than you are very un-American, because this country was founded on the very precept that property and the right to determine its use belonged to the individual that OWNED IT!
THE IGNORANT ARROGANCE OF COLLECTIVISTS NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A GOVERNMENT THAT STRIVES TO CONTROL YOUR PROPERTY STRIVES TO ENSLAVE YOU WITH TYRANNY! WAKE UP!
Ever hear of Zoning or community development? Does your city have a planning commision that dictates what will go where?
How about I purchase all the homes around your house and build a Hazardous waste plant... It's my land, right?
How about if the Indian's purchase all the land up the street from you to call it a reservation and put up a 500 room casino. Think your street can handle the traffic?
I'm speaking of my own experience... Walmart trying to rezone a residential 800k and up neighborhood that already has traffic problems...
Talk about tyranny, how about the will of the people?
I'm begining to think you're a socialist in republican's clothing...

Dr. Eagle
Can't wait to get out;)
mirvin
I'm with you....

ROZ
04-07-2004, 03:19 PM
The reason the mayor wants it is because they are gettin gno money from the state and need the sales tax revenue....

moneysucker
04-07-2004, 07:09 PM
The blacks and hispanics are just looking for excuses to not work:D \
Don't forget the whites. I don't want to work either.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't either but I can't get welfare. I do not qualify. LOL!! :D

mirvin
04-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I'm with you....
Where to?;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 07:46 PM
the river Biatch. :D :D

C-2
04-07-2004, 07:46 PM
well I have to disagree with some things being said. inglewood is ghetto. at least a majority of it is. I work in inglewood everyday. and if you go to where I work which is all over the city. I am affraid to get out of my work van at times. It is not that safe there. alot of people look at me and have said. " what the **** is a white bitch doing in our hood doing our plumbing?"
well mother f**ker. it's because your on this here street corner sellin crack to support the 12 kids you have do you want a job?" a real one that is.
hell no.
sorry it is just what I know and have experienced there. if you don't live or work there then you just don't know.
That sucks but is a perfect example of the very real reverse discrimination that exists. :(
I’ve actually worked on and off for the Inglewood city attorney’s office for the past 15 years, so I’m familiar with Inglewood and pretty much every city from Ventura to San Diego. I get that same vibe walking the hood in business attire – they know I’m not there to tell them they’ve won the lottery.
My only point is that Wal Mart knew what they were doing and Inglewood makes a lot of sense for a location.
Now travel east down Manchester 4-5 miles and that’s another story. You know you’re in the ghetto when you see packs of 5-legged dogs running around rampad on the streets and McDonalds has more security, bars and bullet-proof acrylic than most banks.
Like I said….the brothas are cool. It’s the homeboys/vatos you gotta watch out for.
:)

mirvin
04-07-2004, 07:49 PM
the river Biatch. :D :D
It is that obvious isn't it:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by C-2
That sucks but is a perfect example of the very real reverse discrimination that exists. :(
I’ve actually worked on and off for the Inglewood city attorney’s office for the past 15 years, so I’m familiar with Inglewood and pretty much every city from Ventura to San Diego. I get that same vibe walking the hood in business attire – they know I’m not there to tell them they’ve won the lottery.
My only point is that Wal Mart knew what they were doing and Inglewood makes a lot of sense for a location.
Now travel east down Manchester 4-5 miles and that’s another story. You know you’re in the ghetto when you see packs of 5-legged dogs running around rampad on the streets and McDonalds has more security, bars and bullet-proof acrylic than most banks.
Like I said….the brothas are cool. It’s the homeboys/vatos you gotta watch out for.
:)
I agree with you. It is actually getting really bad latley. They are even putting up bars on the damn malls and all the way around the damn parking lot.
just for the record. I am not a racist and I don't want anyone to think I am. I am just telling my side of the story that I have been through.
I am a blonde with blue eyes and i stand 5'6 and they just want one thing from me and it is not to snake their drain. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 07:51 PM
It is that obvious isn't it:D
well yah. fer sure.. LOL!! :D lets hit the river. :D

Wicky
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
It's the only place I have ever been where there is an intersection with 4 different fried chicken franchises on each corner. Maybe the Inglehoodies are just "chicken" of WalMart.

surfer2001
04-07-2004, 09:06 PM
In Oklahoma, .
Figures an OKEY.
I love it here, if you don't like Calle get out Red Neck !! & don't visit.
Born & Raised, home grown Calle guy, most lovey women in the world live here
Stupid POST IMO

Seadog
04-08-2004, 05:26 AM
surfer, you are probably a good reason why I would not live in the USSC. I happen to have a lot of relatives in CA that have probably been there a lot longer than your family. I lived near Salinas for awhile as a kid.
My brother is working as a nurse in Pismo Beach. He got in financial trouble when his ex-wife screwed him during the divorce. He is there because they are paying twice as much as anyone else, for half the work, plus giving him an apartment. His girlfriend there, is from Ohio. He likes the beach, the weather and being able to ride his bike, but I expect he will be back when he breaks up with this gal and gets out of debt.