PDA

View Full Version : Mr Clean magic!

bordsmnj
04-06-2004, 08:22 PM
i washed the boat today after work and as i finished waxing the ol' lady gets home and says here honey try this. after the usual "what is it?" and "how does it work" i tried this Mr clean Magic Eraser on the rub rial of our boat. WOW! it took off stains that i thought were there forever with zero effort and than i tried it on a little spot on our white interioir. well, she got sent to the store to buy their entire stock of this stuff. it works bitchen! just thought i'd let evryone know what works on white rub rails and stained interiors.
:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2004, 08:24 PM
so I will have to put that next to John's wax that I bought. :D

SBullet
04-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Where did you buy it?

RiverToysJas
04-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
...well, she got sent to the store to buy their entire stock of this stuff.
I tried to buy it this evening, but they were out of stock at my local store. ;)
RTJas :D

rivercrazy
04-06-2004, 08:28 PM
I'll have to give that stuff a whirl as well.
But I use Acetone on the white rub rail and it takes off any kind of stain and turns it bright white (like new)

SummerBreeze
04-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Will that stuff work on the inside of your shorts...:D :D

SBullet
04-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Summerbreeze,
Probebly work so good your going to have Crotchless Shorts!!:D :D

bordsmnj
04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
you can get them at ralph's ,not the sex toy store...or can yuh?:eek:

SummerBreeze
04-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Will Mr. Clean work on the little stains that are yellow on the interior seats? May be it's sun tan lotion??

rivercrazy
04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Just the thought of acetone in the junk area makes me have full body shivers....:eek!:
But if this Mr. Clean stuff works as well as Acetone, I'm sold:D

bordsmnj
04-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Just the thought of acetone in the junk area makes me have full body shivers....:eek!:
But if this Mr. Clean stuff works as well as Acetone, I'm sold:D
i don't know if it'll give yuh the shivers or not but i'm pretty sure you'll dig the results on the rub rail.
funny visual by the way:D

bordsmnj
04-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SummerBreeze
Will Mr. Clean work on the little stains that are yellow on the interior seats? May be it's sun tan lotion??
i spilt one little drop of motor oil on the seat one time and when i wiped it away it left a tiny ,little orange yellow spot there. i haven't done the interior yet i just tried a one foot square area one the back of the front seat where there were some deep mold type stains down between the removable custions. took that stuff right off. thursday(got school tomorrow) after work i'm gonna do the whole inside of the boat. i post the results when i find that little orangish oils spot/stain. please note that this product is not a bottle of cleanser. it's just a funky little sponge that you get damp with water and it work some how with NO cleaner. i don't know what it's made out of but it works killer so far. they come in two packs and four packs. 2-5 bucks:cool:

Jrocket
07-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I finally got around to trying this stuff.The interior in my boat was getting real bad and I had tried about everything there was.I tried even some industrial stuff and no luck.Got to the point where I was going to have DCB put in all new interior this winter.
WOW...this stuff is amazing.Its the most impressive cleaner that I have ever seen! I bought all that was on the shelf at Target.6 boxes should last me awhile.We started to use it on the stuff around the house and it flat kicks ass.I was so amazed by this stuff that my wife finally told me to shut the hell up!
I couldnt figure out how it works,it has no chemical cleaner in it.I was in the detail supplys shop where I get my waxes and brushes and brought it up to the guy and asked what he thought about it.Said hes never seen it before but said he thinks it might have a small amount of clay built into the sponge.Told me about a spray that had clay in it and did somewhat the same thing.What ever it is you have to try it.Takes alot for any single product to really impress me these days but Magic Eraser does.
OK...Enough sales pitch,wheres my commision check?:D

Scream
07-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Ahhell gave me one of those the other day at Moabi while I was attempting to clean the grease off the back of my boat. It cleaned everything from the vinyl like magic. The best stuff I've seen in a while.

Toomstone
07-02-2004, 02:20 PM
just started using it on mine last trip where the seat cushion and the back of the seat meet and it works great. i also used it on the white lining between the top and the bottom half of the boat on the outside.

welk2party
07-02-2004, 03:18 PM
The bordsmnj's turned me on to the stuff. I swear by it. My steering wheel is white and thought it would never get clean again. One swipe with Mr. Clean around it and it looks new. I use it all over the boat with awesome results. Turns everything new.

JustMVG
07-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Will it clean off the gas stain thats glue like along the topside of the boat or is their another magic fix for that.
HELP MVG

Ziggy
07-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by SBullet
Where did you buy it?
Walmart seems to have the best price on it---Take it on the lake with you, it works perfectly with the lake water too.
In the cleanser dept.

RiverToysJas
07-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
.....it works perfectly with the lake water too.
I agree, but store it securely in the boat! They don't weigh anything, and I lost a brand new one somewhere in Needles last time out. Didn't realize until I went to clean up and it wasn't in the cubby hole next to the seat, where I left it. :(
If any one finds it, please return it to me, Thanks. ;) :D LOL
They work great on Spa Covers too ;)
RTJas :D

phebus
07-02-2004, 06:34 PM
My teeth have never been whiter :D

ahhell
07-02-2004, 06:50 PM
and stops the painfull hemorrhoid itch........but really, they rock
:cool:

blueman
07-02-2004, 09:15 PM
The sponges are a micro abrasive (super fine scotch-brite) if you read the label it states ..do not use on polished sufaces