PDA

View Full Version : Sand Bar Closed?

SeaRayPat
04-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone Me and the Mrs just made our first trip to havasu this year we stayed at the Nautical Inn so after hanging in the channel we felt like going to the sand bar ..so headed under the bridge and went north...well guess what ....we couldnt get thru due to low water level I thought it was just me but one boat after another was hitting sand and trying to slip thru but the only ones making it were seadoos and jet skis ...would like to know if anyone else knows WTF is going on...we love the sand bar :confused:

SummerBreeze
04-06-2004, 08:46 PM
We need some more melted snow to bring the water up

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-06-2004, 08:47 PM
No jet boats made it either:confused:

SeaRayPat
04-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Well a little dredging would help !

BOBALOO
04-06-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm gonna go south thru Topoc this sat, Maybe I,ll have it to myself like last december.

SLOWMAN
04-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by SeaRayPat
Hi everyone Me and the Mrs just made our first trip to havasu this year we stayed at the Nautical Inn so after hanging in the channel we felt like going to the sand bar ..so headed under the bridge and went north...well guess what ....we couldnt get thru due to low water level I thought it was just me but one boat after another was hitting sand and trying to slip thru but the only ones making it were seadoos and jet skis ...would like to know if anyone else knows WTF is going on...we love the sand bar :confused:
Stay on the Arizona side until you get to the two inlets where the river dumps you into the Lake. At that point goto the left inlet (California side) and stay towards the Airizona side in that part of the channel. I was up there 2 weeks ago and according to the waterflow reports, last weekends water flow from Davis Dam was higher than when I was there. I made without any problems, and I have a 26 deep V.
Good luck.

SeaRayPat
04-06-2004, 10:45 PM
I know i tired that and it was way to fricken shallow must have been just the day i went hope it gets better

Debbolas
04-07-2004, 05:59 AM
So you went to the left and then looked for the deeper track in the water?
We were nervous about it at first, a few years ago, then we would just follow the bigger boats.
I HOPE there is more water there by Mid May as we are going to the Nautical as well. Did you like it there?

jackpunx
04-07-2004, 07:06 AM
sounds like you guys went the wrong way...:confused:

79 HUSTLER
04-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
sounds like you guys went the wrong way...:confused:
Exactly, if questionable put push the sticks farther forward :D :eek: :D Has not failed yet ;)

SeaRayPat
04-07-2004, 09:23 AM
I dont think we went the wrong way but I hope so....we look forward to hanging at the sand bar.... this summer if anyone else was there this last weekend let me know:wink:

79 HUSTLER
04-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by SeaRayPat
I dont think we went the wrong way but I hope so....we look forward to hanging at the sand bar.... this summer if anyone else was there this last weekend let me know:wink:
Was there last weekend in a 27 v :D and the weekend before when the water was alot lower in my 29 cat :D And both still have the drive hanging on- well kind of :eek: KELLY

H20 Party Starter
04-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Check Coloradoriverinfo.com for water levels. Last week was about 2 feet lower than the previous 2 weeks in mid-march.

jackpunx
04-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Enter on the right and shoot all the way left.. look for the dark water and hit it.. :D
But it looks like i could be corrected.. :confused:

Ducatista
04-07-2004, 10:20 AM
That sounds right to me. Enter on the AZ side, or to the right of the reed island, then veer left just as the reed island ends and conect back to the river where the CA side entrance is, & veer right up river. Keep the boat on plan & trimmed up real good through all of this. (I'm usually simi-hammered in my 29V) Oh & I go fast through there too!
If you don't veer left at the end of the reed island & you go straight up(which is what it looks like you should do) you will enter a very shallow area that most boats won't make it through.
Thats a common mistake people make.

SeaRayPat
04-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Sounds like I wasnt trimed up enough i was hoping someone who knew the area like the back of his hand would show up and i would follow but everone was strugling like me ..we went there 2 times last summer with a rental deck boat and no prob so this time i take my own boat and couldnt make it ...sucks!...thanks for the advice and I guess the water was alittle low this last weekend

Up 4 River
04-07-2004, 11:30 AM
We just went through there last week no problem. We went through a little after 12 noon on Sunday and had no problems.

Three Days Only
04-07-2004, 12:00 PM
The lake went down three feet between the weekend of May 29th & April 3. It not only made the inlet to the river shallow, but was very hard to find a place to launch anything over 30'. I hear the water level is back on the rise, so all should be good soon.
Jeff

SeaRayPat
04-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Well three feet would have helped thats for sure We will be going back for Cinco de drinko I hope its up a little more or i will be behind a couple of deep v's......:)

canuck1
04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Hmmmm
shallow water, river I might like this Havasu place:cool: