PDA

View Full Version : How about those scions?

rvrkaosI
04-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Thinking of trading my F250 crew cab V-10 in for a Scion:confused:
The gas for a V10 driving 130 miles a day is killing me:eek!: What do you people think of a Scion? 31 miles to a gallon!
I still can pull the boat with my wifes Expedition with a 5.4, though I guess we won't be jamming to Parker at 75 anymore:mad:
Any thoughts on the scion?

rvrkaosI
04-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Funny,
That's what my wife was saying too, hope you don't get hit with a big truck, as the back is quite small... But on the good side, it's quite roomy inside...
WOW, I was reading the specs, it's less than 5,000lbs! My boat almost weighs more the car:eek!: There's the gas saver part I guess

shockwaveharry
04-08-2004, 05:23 AM
Sorry but... It's got to be one of the ugliest vehicles on the road. How about a used Daewoo Lanos or Ford Aspire, the darling of the rental car world? There are still nice ones out there (I've looked :D ) and 40+ mpg. VW Jetta, TDI diesel gets nearly 50 mpg and its faster than the Scion.
Than again, if you need the room and the mileage isn't bad... Who am I to judge?

totenhosen
04-08-2004, 07:12 AM
If you want good gas mileage Ford is coming out with a Hybrid Escape that gets 30+mpg. I'd rather drive a Toyota Prius or Hybrid Civic before I drive a Scion.

Essex502
04-08-2004, 08:23 AM
I've said it before: Scions are right at the top of the "Butt-Ugly" category of vehicle. Right next to Pontiac Aztecs, Honda Element, Ford Focus and a few others.
Try the Honda Civic....mine gets me 40+ miles per gallon and isn't so damn fuggly.