PDA

View Full Version : advice:Suspension lifts

SCLB41
04-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Hello all, I am looking to lift my 2000 Suburban 4x4. Anyone have any experience with this. I was looking at the 6" RCD lift with 315/75/R16 tires on a 16x8 wheel. I just want a nice off-road look. From what I've read, these tires will fit with some minor trimming and the torsion bars cranked all the way up. I was just wondering if you all had experience with how this will look and ride. I am also considering a 6-8" CST lift, anu input would be great.
Thanks, BH

jenndon
04-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Go with the CST. The RCD moves the front tire out about an inch or so.... The RCD is a great kit but I think the CST is better. I have the CST on my 2500HD and I love it. Call Casey or Joe at Supertrucks in San Bernardino and tell them Donald sent you. They do great work. What motor do you have? You'll need to go to 4:56 gears if your going with 35's. My 2001 Yukon with 35's had to use 4:56 gears.
Good luck

cc322
04-09-2004, 07:25 AM
I have a friend that has the rcd on a sub, he loves it but to me the rearend sits lower not what I like. RCD are suppose to be great lifts plus you get the BILSTIEN shocks. I have a 00 expy with a 4 inch rancho , switched the shocks to bilstiens and have no complaints. I was running 35's but kinda took away from low end tourqe imo went to 33's much better.

cc322
04-09-2004, 07:27 AM
If your in south oc have you checked out OFFROAD GENERAL STORE or Outlaw offroad? to see what they recommend.

SCLB41
04-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Outlaw recommended the RCD, which is what I'm going to go with. I know the CST is better but also more $. I don't mind the tires sticking out a little, but i definately don't want the rear end to sag, so I'll have to do a little more research as far as that goes. Thanks, BH

cc322
04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
I think the only reason his sags is because he has the torision bars cranked up all the way, if you get the rcd you are getting a great product. I have talked to those guys in santee and they are way cool good luck, should look bitchen when its done:D

SD Chris
04-09-2004, 03:12 PM
hey, everyone, I am new to the forums, but know a great deal about suspension lifts. go to www.fullsizechevy.com and ask around in the forums, the guys there know everything. Your rearend will eventually sag because all springs do, towing will make it sag a little more. Personally I like the prerunner look with the back hanging down.
As for the lifts Both are excellent quality lifts. I am putting a 10 inch CST on my 04 1500 ex cab (7 inch suspension, 2" coil spacer, 1" BJ spacer) From what I understand the RCD lift keeps most of the steering angles and such the same. www.performancelifts.com has alot of info if you email them. You are going to run 35s, will be a good looking truck

SCLB41
04-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I have been spending alot of time researching this on that website as well as performancelifts.com. Good info, as well as the normal debates on what is best. I just ordered up everything (6" RCD w/ Weld typhoons on 315 BFG's), hopefully will have it done in the next week or two.