PDA

View Full Version : sirius or xm radio?

randy77zt
04-08-2004, 05:14 PM
getting ready for my yearly 8 or 9 hour drive to havasu.the 10 year old cd player in the van is wearing out.thinking about satellite radio?any body used both companies?i played with a xm at work and i liked it but only delphi is making xm recievers now.i am wanting to find something that is all in the same box as the cd /radio so i dont have as many wires.

vdrivenman
04-08-2004, 05:21 PM
I have had both and they are both good. the big difference i have found is with xm you are able to view artist and song title on a aftermarket radio but with sirrus alot of them dont offer that. the wires are basically the same. xm was more user friendly.

Kindsvater Flat
04-08-2004, 05:30 PM
My new GMC came with XM radio. I haven't listened to the regular stations since. Also if you are a subscriber to XM and add another radio to another car its only 5 bucks more and not 10. This is just like dishnet or direct tv.

TOBTEK
04-08-2004, 05:36 PM
had XM in the truck, I cancelled it! Didnt like all the commercials and I only really listend to channel 151 commedy. Sirius has better programing IMO, plus they just signed with the NFL for all the games next season. id go Sirius.....

Mike67rs
04-08-2004, 06:08 PM
FYI, Best Buy and Crutchfield (and probably others) are offering a free sirius tuner with the purchase of a sirius ready head unit and antenna. A good deal worth about $200. You can get a tuner for as low as $139 and antenna is $49. The only downside is that the tuner will not be portable, and you can only use it in onew vehicle. I got sirius when XM still had commercials. I believe XM is now commercial free. I am happy with sirius. Take a look at what sports each covers if you are into that. XM is about $3 cheaper a month. If you go the plug and play route, hook the unit up with a direct RCA connection. You probably wont be happy with the FM modulator or cassette adapter. Just my 2 cents, Mike

Lecktrix
04-08-2004, 06:25 PM
I have had XM since it was new in 2001 or so, I have never turned it off...I used to hate the commercials, but as of last month the music stations do not have commercials anymore!! Its incredible...I tune in to a station here in Los Angeles, and keep listening right down to the river. I never have reception problems and have never had one complaint.

TheEduKATor
04-08-2004, 06:38 PM
I bought my bro the sirius portable unit. The receiver can be plug into a home unit to use on any radio, when you are in the truck or boat just plug it into the mobile unit. You can use it with any head unit because it has a wireless receiver. I spent $150 bucks for the unit for my brother. It only cost $10.00 a month for the service. As long as the the antenna is pointed skyward with no obstructions, you'll get service. We tried it out in the boat the other day and the quality is crystal clear, sounds better than listening to a CD.

boxscore
04-08-2004, 06:46 PM
XM music stations are now commercial free. But I still find myself tuned in to FOX news the majority of the time. Ya know...fair and balanced.

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 07:46 PM
XM.!.