PDA

View Full Version : Minor Rant

dimarcobros
04-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Here is what bothers me about Good Friday. People make a huge issue about the word God being on the dollar bill or in the pledge but have no problem taking the day off as a holiday.:mad: I am not a very religious man but it still bothers me.
Just had to rant.
DMB

HCS
04-09-2004, 09:59 AM
I don't understand why anyone gets good Friday off.:confused:
And I am religious. I think I'll go see the Passion tonight.
Has any one seen it?

FRENCHIE
04-09-2004, 10:06 AM
great flick, could easily see more than once!!!!:)

Tom Brown
04-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Are there any good stunts in that movie?

OGShocker
04-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Great chase sequence!

wannajetboat
04-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
Here is what bothers me about Good Friday. People make a huge issue about the word God being on the dollar bill or in the pledge but have no problem taking the day off as a holiday.:mad: I am not a very religious man but it still bothers me.
Just had to rant.
DMB
Ditto that DMB

Tom Brown
04-09-2004, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't care if it was gay sex day. It's a day off and, as it happens, a very good Friday. :)

Up 4 River
04-09-2004, 10:28 AM
I could not agree with you more bud. I am a religious man as you know and I think a lot of people have forgotten what Good Friday is and the meaning of it. We should all be thankfull for Easter and the opportunity it gives us.

Quality Time
04-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Saw the Passion last night. It tears at your emotions and is a great movie.
Another issue that bothers me is that the courts have ruled that religion should not be in the schools (pledge of allegiance to the flag for example), but in the court room you are sworn in on the Bible?:(

HCS
04-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Great chase sequence!
I herd there were some good motorcycle riders in the end.;)

topless
04-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Quality Time
Another issue that bothers me is that the courts have ruled that religion should not be in the schools (pledge of allegiance to the flag for example), but in the court room you are sworn in on the Bible?:(
I know that all too well. A huge tree branch on city property fell on my fence and my car totalling both. When I filed a claim with the city they told me it was an act of God so they were not responsible. I asked if it was the same God that they wouldn't let my children pray to at school. They didn't like that comment.:confused:

Tom Brown
04-09-2004, 10:47 AM
I wonder if anyone has fought a speeding ticket by citing it as, "an act of the Devil"?

AdrenelineOD
04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Hay! I beleave in Santa before God anyday. I`ve seen santa and am. I don`t want to offend anyone Easter is about colored eggs and family fun till my daughter makes it somthing else. Unless she goes muslum:eek:

topless
04-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
Hay! I beleave in Santa before God anyday. I`ve seen santa and am. I don`t want to offend anyone Easter is about colored eggs and family fun till my daughter makes it somthing else. Unless she goes muslum:eek:
So when you die are you going to the north pole?

AdrenelineOD
04-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by topless
So when you die are you going to the north pole? Hard to boat there. Santa`s in Bermuda this time of year.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by topless
So when you die are you going to the north pole?
Good one. :D :D

Kilrtoy
04-09-2004, 01:58 PM
TODAY IS A HOLIDAY,
noone told me.....
Damn:yuk:

Havasu Cig
04-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Not anymore, I have testified in both State and Federal court recently and there is no mention of God. They just ask you to "swear" that the testomony you give will be the truth ect....
I also had a deposition last week and again no mention of God when I was sworn in.

superdave013
04-09-2004, 04:55 PM
what's so good about today?
I had a shitty day at work today :mad:

AdrenelineOD
04-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
what's so good about today?
I had a shitty day at work today :mad: I see Murphy found you:D

HighRoller
04-09-2004, 10:52 PM
I see all the Aholes complaining about how "Christmas" is so offensive to them...yet when "Christmas Day" rolls around their ass is at their house enjoying the day off. I propose that everyone who is against Christmas can work December 24-26. Out.

wsuwrhr
04-10-2004, 06:17 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure that is NEXT.
When I was younger, I never gave it a second thought about saying under God.
What about the inscription on our money? Where does it end?
Brian