PDA

View Full Version : Hey Scream

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Here, I cropped it for ya. Go grab it from here (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=41543&password=&sort=2&thecat=500)
If you take another shot from a better angle I'll resize it for you. That's a sharp boat, where did you get it?:D

Scream
04-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks Kachina26, I found myself being particularly retarded today.
Wen't to Mohave last weekend and had a great time. The weather looked like it was going to suck, but we lucked out. Watched the best thunderstorm sitting in the boat looking East toward AZ, near the Basin. Pretty cool. The rain hit Friday night when we got in, but blue skies all weekend.
Got a whole 8 hours on the boat now. OOOOO!

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! My boat is in for the 20 hour service now. I'm gonna sneak out 4/17 for a turnaround trip, just to check her out before the real poker run.:D

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 08:04 PM
good-lookin' boat there scream.
Kach26 could you crop a pic for a fellow GM guy here?

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:09 PM
You're in buidness now. I hope he doesn't start charging shop rates for that :D J/K
Kachina26, how did that prop testing go, or have you done it yet? I'm interested in what you find out. I'm also interested in your top speed so far, now that you're all broke in and all.
dicudmore, thanks, I love my baby. Best crazy thing I ever did. You're boat looks good, too.
Scream

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 08:12 PM
thanks, picked it up last wkd. got all of 3 hrs on it in 2 days.
friday havasu, sat mead

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:16 PM
We've only got 1 weekend every month planned, but this summer we've got some good weeklong trips planned and one 10 day jaunt to Powell, provided it still has water in it by the time we get there.
It's a beautiful boat, what are the particulars. Ours (mine and Kachina26's) are Kachina 26' Force w/ Merc 496 HO Bravo 1.

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Mine will be sitting the next couple of weeks also.
House crap this wkd, camping next wkd Buena Vista. Takin' the travel trailer and the friends Hallett Vector.
My boat is a 29' Cheetah closed bow 496HO bravo one x
Needin' a stereo wattage upgrade too :cool:

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Ok Dicudmore click here (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=41544) should look like this when you are done.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1284dicudmore.jpg
Prop test didn't pan out. I can't push a 26, I might get the 24 worked. Top speeds haven't changed much. I saw 64 for a bit, but gonna have to do more to get more speed. I really bought for the ride though, I was able to test that out 2 weeks ago in 4 footers with white caps. It was awesome!!!!!! Rides soooooooo smooooooooooooth:D

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 08:23 PM
that Powell trip should be awesome!

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:24 PM
So what do you do for the General? Where at?

Garrddogg
04-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Scream
You're in buidness now. I hope he doesn't start charging shop rates for that :D J/K
Kachina26, how did that prop testing go, or have you done it yet? I'm interested in what you find out. I'm also interested in your top speed so far, now that you're all broke in and all.
dicudmore, thanks, I love my baby. Best crazy thing I ever did. You're boat looks good, too.
Scream Hey Kachina dont start chargin for resizing pics till my 26 is done.
thanks again for the room still owe you a steak dinner:D

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Powell will be sweet. We go about every other year. Camp on Lone Rock Beach, and consume mass quantities.
Brett got ours up to 65 ish on the first test run at Pleasant in Feb. 10 Gal of gas, 1 skinny guy, no chop.
Last weekend it got a bit choppy on Monday Morning before we left. The Scream smoothed the chop so nice. Every one had a nice ride, except for the cool breeze that is.

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Force 26
Hey Kachina dont start chargin for resizing pics till my 26 is done.
thanks again for the room still owe you a steak dinner:D
Hey speaking of which, don't you have a concept drawing or something you could post for now???

Garrddogg
04-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Hey speaking of which, don't you have a concept drawing or something you could post for now???
YUP :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
gimme a min to figure this out

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Hot dog........I've been waitin for this!

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:36 PM
I'll get me another brewski while I'm waitin

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:38 PM
So, are you and the misses on the same pc? I've noticed post times 1 minute apart on the same thread.

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Ok, Here's the scoop.
For our 15th Anniversary I bought her a laptop with a 802.11b wireless connection to the internet. I've been on this forum for a couple of months now and she's obviously jealous of my time looking at bboats and bboobs and such. She logs on and takes over the post ***** challenge with FM. What can I do.
Wednesday she had knee surgery and she's been on a pw tare ever since. There's no stopping her.
At least she's not calling me to dinner with a post (yet) but give it a little time and she'll do it.

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
So what do you do for the General? Where at?
Advisor. Wm L Morris, Simi Valley
U at that new store in Victorville?

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:44 PM
At least she's not calling me to dinner with a post (yet) but give it a little time and she'll do it. She's making YOU dinner after having knee surgery???!!! I got hooked here after my hernia operation.

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm a tech in Redlands. Funny I just don't want to work in the High Desert. What new dealer? Do you mean the old Rancho with the new buildings that just picked up Chevy and gave up GMC to Greiner?

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:47 PM
She's making YOU dinner after having knee surgery???!!! I got hooked here after my hernia operation.
No. I'm not that much of a looser. :rolleyes: At least I don't think I am. I'm providing for her needs. I've been her damn slave boy since. This is a little surgery for her, two years ago she had Spinal Fusion. 11 hours in the op room. She's got more hardware in her back than I do in the boat.

Garrddogg
04-09-2004, 08:48 PM
the grey on top will look like aluminium panels riveted on

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Odd, I would have never pegged you as an advisor. None of our advisors can spell, you spell quite well.:D I wouldn't mind moving over the advisor part of the job, I'm getting tore up turning wrenches.

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:50 PM
the grey on top will look like aluminium panels riveted on
Force 26, your doin us Kachina guys proud. That's gonna be one beautiful boat. I can't wait to see the real thing.

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:50 PM
I see ya worked your tat into it after all!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1284force26-med.jpg

Garrddogg
04-09-2004, 08:51 PM
:D

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm a tech in Redlands. Funny I just don't want to work in the High Desert. What new dealer? Do you mean the old Rancho with the new buildings that just picked up Chevy and gave up GMC to Greiner?
Yeah all I know of that Victorville store is that its a brand new shop and laid out/spread out well.
Got a buddy that does mechanical inspections for extended warranty co's and he was out there couple days ago.
Didn't notice if its different owners or anything, used to pass the old place on palmdale rd, saw the signs change to nissan and figured they had folded, then stayed on the 15 one day instead of jumping off and going through victorville/little rock and saw the new shop.
Can't blame you for not wanting to work in the high desert. Get the feeling the clientel might be like Lancaster for instance and not too up on paying for maint

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Ok, Here's the scoop.
For our 15th Anniversary I bought her a laptop with a 802.11b wireless connection to the internet. I've been on this forum for a couple of months now and she's obviously jealous of my time looking at bboats and bboobs and such. She logs on and takes over the post ***** challenge with FM. What can I do.
Wednesday she had knee surgery and she's been on a pw tare ever since. There's no stopping her.
At least she's not calling me to dinner with a post (yet) but give it a little time and she'll do it.
The main thing to remember is that she is still calling you to dinner, thats a good thing....

Scream
04-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
Can't blame you for not wanting to work in the high desert. Get the feeling the clientel might be like Lancaster for instance and not too up on paying for maint
They're visiting the dentist instead :D :D :D j/k
There's a lot of high desert folks with most of their teeth.

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 08:55 PM
That's the shop, I got hired on there, but my boss made it really hard to leave:D You got the clientel pegged dead on. Your buddy has the job I really would like. I just don't know how to go about getting in. I've looked on hot jobs and the like. Does he work for GMPP or an aftermarket company?

Garrddogg
04-09-2004, 08:59 PM
I see ya worked your tat into it after all!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1284force26.jpg
Yea but i'm torn about how to tie in color to the interior :p

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Aftermarket company, but actually independent.
The companies (CNA, Dimensions, GE Cap, Western General, etc) call inspection companies when they need one so the guys don't actually work for the company that ordered the inspection.
He gets an occasional call from GMPP/MIC but the guys that do the GMPP inspections are actual adjusters for Motors Insurance.
The inspector coming out for an aftermarket contract just takes the pics and writes a report then calls it in to the adjuster who ordered it. Make any sense?
You're right, most advisors can't spell. I think the job requirement at a lot of places is that you can FOG A MIRROR. I almost hate to give my job title out based on reputation, like a used car lot salesman or something

Scream
04-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Yea but i'm torn about how to tie in color to the interior :p
Louie is pretty good on that subject. Tell him you'll need some help and he'll get it down for ya. He won't let you do anyting wrong to your boat, trust me.
Ask Kachina 26, his wife had some good ideas for thier boat...
Sorry, had to throw that in there. Don't tell her I mentioned it.

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Force26 thats gonna be one cool-looking boat

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Louie is pretty good on that subject. Tell him you'll need some help and he'll get it down for ya. He won't let you do anyting wrong to your boat, trust me.
Ask Kachina 26, his wife had some good ideas for thier boat...
Sorry, had to throw that in there. Don't tell her I mentioned it. Are you refering to the farm animals? She still wishes she had those.

Scream
04-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Are you refering to the farm animals? She still wishes she had those.
That's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard, and to see Louies face when your wife was telling it...That was classic.

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 09:07 PM
. I almost hate to give my job title out based on reputation, like a used car lot salesman or something A good advisor that can obtain good information is indespensible. I've worked with advisors that when the customer told them the car was broke would write up the car as being broken. ok maybe not that bad but very close.

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 09:09 PM
That's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard, and to see Louies face when your wife was telling it...That was classic. I wish I could've seen Hal's expression as she was describing it to him over the phone. She was like "well then, if not that, can you do Thomas Kinkade?" She does wonders with the home decorating though.

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 09:09 PM
You're right. Some of the most fun I have is reading all the bull-shit on other guys ro's....

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 09:11 PM
I wish I could've seen Hal's expression as she was describing it to him over the phone. She was like "well then, if not that, can you do Thomas Kinkade?" She does wonders with the home decorating though.
OK thats pretty damn funny but the ride came out awesome.
Louie's guys do some sick stuff with paint and gel. All 3 of your guys boats are and will be proof of that.

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 09:12 PM
I had one today for "rotate tire" ok big deal, he forgot an s. But the other day I had "customer states engine" , what runs rough , overheats, dies..............What?

Scream
04-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Gotta hit the hay,
Got a big day at Santa Anita tomorrow. Our company is 80 years old this year and we're having 125 of our closest friends over for a horseracing party. It should be a hoot. If I win big, I might just have to trade up to the 34 :D :D :D
See ya soon.

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 09:14 PM
A good advisor that can obtain good information is indespensible. I've worked with advisors that when the customer told them the car was broke would write up the car as being broken. ok maybe not that bad but very close.
I think I've met some of those guys. Then they don't understand when it comes back saying NPF, or when the car comes back and the ppl are pissed off. Or the tech is up in the booth asking WTF does this mean instead of just getting it done and on to the next. Hate to lose money trying to interpret what to fix....

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM
I had one today for "rotate tire" ok big deal, he forgot an s. But the other day I had "customer states engine" , what runs rough , overheats, dies..............What?
About 5 years ago I worked with a guy that couldn't write complete words or sentences. One day saw an ro come across that said "c/s eng missing"
Tune-up tech turned it back in to dispatch with a little note on there. "Engine in normal location at this time. N/C"
Thats the best one I can think of off hand.

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Yup, well we have to hook up in Havasu and exchange stories in person. Good talking with ya. BTW Awesome boat you have there. I'm gonna go hit the hay with Scream.....wait not WITH Scream, but now like he's doing.....well you know.

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 09:20 PM
ya I know.....
this weekend and not taking the boat out sucks.....
Dan

Kachina26
04-09-2004, 09:21 PM
About 5 years ago I worked with a guy that couldn't write complete words or sentences. One day saw an ro come across that said "c/s eng missing"
Tune-up tech turned it back in to dispatch with a little note on there. "Engine in normal location at this time. N/C"
Thats the best one I can think of off hand. I pulled that one! Worked with a tech where the advisor pulled a mirror from parts and told the tec to install it. Well the mirror was a left side mirror and the vehicle was missing the right side mirror. So the tech used sheet metal screws and installed it just above the existing left side mirror. Needles to say he packed his tools and left that day.

dicudmore
04-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Friend of mine was leaving one of the Rydell stores in the san fernando valley and tore down an engine, scattered all the bolts and pieces on the floor, then loaded his box and called it quits