PDA

View Full Version : anyone know the coast guard in havasu

carreraboat
04-11-2004, 05:23 AM
As of March 30, 2004
By the way, looks like the Coast Guard is closing the lake from Thompson Bay to Havasu Springs for the event. We are required to use that part of the lake only!
We have enquired about spectator boats being allowed down the course, but no answer yet.
You may have to get a boat decal-sticker from Poker Run headquarters to be allowed down the course.
Will keep everyone up to date as this unfolds.
Jim
just got this quote off the azhb page i cannot believe they are making jim go through this i really wanted to go see those bad boys run down the lake anyone else got any info maybe jim could get us some spectator stickers

jdnichols
04-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Bo, at this point the lake will not be closed, though we must use only the south part from Thompson Bay to Havasu Springs.
If you are going to be there, please volunteer to be a safety boat, assisting to keep the course clear of spectators. We made it a priority that spectators should be able to go down and watch.
There is a meeting with the CG on 4/13/04 at the Nautical Inn to decide future protocols about marine events. Many from the marine events industry are invited. It is going to change the future events for sure.
Take care, Jim

Havasu Hangin'
04-11-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by jdnichols
If you are going to be there, please volunteer to be a safety boat, assisting to keep the course clear of spectators.
Yes...nothing quite like a jet ski pulling out in front of you at 100MPH.
The SPRING HEATWAVE is awesome...there, I said it.

carreraboat
04-11-2004, 07:48 AM
jim give me a call we will volunteer just want to be a little more down the river this time see ya in a couple of weeks