PDA

View Full Version : GT's TP600 ForSale??

roln 20s
04-12-2004, 09:28 AM
GT- you are already selling this bad boy?
What are you going to put into the Bullet next?
http://www.***boat.net/classifieds/ads/images/745_1.jpg
Killer motor package, too bad I'm not quite ready to buy, it would look great in my Bullet with the graphics I have designed :D I'm always thinking ahead :D
Good luck-
Roln 20s

rivercrazy
04-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Is GT a Howard dealer? LOL! J/K :D :D

TPI
04-12-2004, 07:53 PM
It is an awesome engine, and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. Someone is going to love it. My long term goal though is to test several different engine combinations with this boat: a TP900 EFI will probably be the final motor for the boat. Maybe a Quad-Rotor? Unless a TP800 EFI pushes it into the triple digits:D
I am in the process of opening the doors of a very nice high end little shop catering to the needs of Southern California Hot Boaters. Strictly 4-6 EFI engine combinations that I have been working on personally, whipple upgrades, drive packages, and custom rigging. The service will be VERY personal, and all boats will be done one at a time under my direct supervision to ENSURE the highest Quality. I am already starting to get backed up, and I anticipate the doors to open in June. I am looking forward to it! Its a big step, but you only live once.

SoCalOffshore
04-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Where is said shop?

TPI
04-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Newbury Park, at Rancho Conejo and Ventu Park, near Amgen Headquarters.

TPI
04-13-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Is GT a Howard dealer? LOL! J/K :D :D
RC,
I would love to be a dealer for them! I definately have a ton of faith in their products, and they have been very supportive of my boating needs and my new business venture. Maybe someday:D

SoCalOffshore
04-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by GT
When is the grand opening party?

rivercrazy
04-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Your just a few miles down the freeway from me. I'll have to stop by sometime to say hello and check out your engines:D

HighRoller
04-13-2004, 11:42 AM
GT, will you do Whipple installs and EFI conversions like the other GT does? It's getting pretty hard to find people that will build/program/tune/convert EFI systems anymore without it costing you a fortune.

schiada96
04-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by GT
Any where near Boostpower?

TPI
04-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Grand Opening Party will be in early June! I will be doing EFI conversions, whipple upgrades, performance packages, and More. I have a very good relationship with "the other GT" and he has been instrumental with my business. I have a lot of respect for him. I have tried to maintain relationships with all of the big hitters: GT Performance, Pfaff, and Bob Teague have all helped me in one way or another, and I will always appreciate that. IMO this business is way to small to burn bridges.

dimarcobros
04-15-2004, 09:42 AM
How much???
DMB

dimarcobros
04-15-2004, 09:44 AM
What is the difference between that and the HP500?
DMB

roln 20s
04-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Dimarcobros- here's the ad in the ***boat classifieds-
TP600EFI Demo
2004 TP600 EFI, Complete drop in with new CMI Polished Elbow tops. Dynoed, lake tested and ready for the season. 8 hrs of test time, still under warrantee, and in perfect condition. Just in time for the boating season. *************************************** Now available: Whipple 3.3L EFI conversion kit for TP600 EFI. This conversion will bring this 502 up to approx 800 reliable Horsepower. It is available at a total cost of $29,900.00! Price listed is for the advertised engine only! Other EFI engines available. Contact Taylor Performance.
$ 24,090.00
Holy crap- I just noticed he will add the whipple 3.3 for another 5K--what a great deal. GT you are the man!
Nice setup GT- good luck with the new business. Its gonna do great.
Roln 20s

Reaper1
04-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Roln - I'm curious to see how this engine compares to say a Paul Phaff 700EFI. Any idea what their getting for the Phaff motor?

roln 20s
04-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Reaper, these prices by GT are great.
Last time I checked at Pfaff (recently I will add) the prices were as follows:
600 EFI Challenger-- $24.6K
700 EFI Challenger-- $29.5K
850 EFI Single Whipple-- $37.0K
So, as you can see, GT's 600 with the whipple addition for 29K is a steal--GT will you save that price for me...may be a couple years or so until I am ready to upgrade to that motor, but keep the price:D
Roln 20s

Reaper1
04-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Thanks Roln, I knew you would be on top of this.;)

roln 20s
04-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks Roln, I knew you would be on top of this.
No prob- glad I can help! I've done a little bit of research on boating things in my day :rolleyes:
Roln 20s

DogHouse
04-15-2004, 02:04 PM
After reading the prices on this thread, I'm starting to not feel so bad about the $$$ that I've spent on my EFI slug!
:D

roln 20s
04-15-2004, 02:22 PM
After reading the prices on this thread, I'm starting to not feel so bad about the $$$ that I've spent on my EFI slug!
But, aren't you still adding $$$ to that EFI bad boy for the Kitty? These are out the door prices..complete turn key :D j/k Hopefully you don't get to these prices anytime soon, its a lot of cash.
I'll give you the update this weekend of the test rides. Can I hold you to that 3 week timeframe for getting back in the water?
Roln 20s

DogHouse
04-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
But, aren't you still adding $$$ to that EFI bad boy for the Kitty? These are out the door prices..complete turn key :D j/k Hopefully you don't get to these prices anytime soon, its a lot of cash.
I'll give you the update this weekend of the test rides. Can I hold you to that 3 week timeframe for getting back in the water?
Roln 20s
Yeah yeah yeah, kick a guy when he's down... :yuk: :wink:
Turns out Isky is stepping up for me again and sending a whole new set of rollers and cam for free, and selling me a set of tool room springs (lighter than my previous set), cups, and ti retainers for 300 bucks (that's a good deal). So, I'll get out of this mess for about 500 bucks out of pocket and my labor. I can live with that.
Re: prices, I could duplicate everything I have including exhaust, EFI, accessories, etc, for less than $25k, and that's n/a 800hp. Of course there's some work involved... :D
Yup, three weeks... :rolleyes:

TPI
04-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Guys,
The price I listed for the upgraded TP600 with a whipple is a one time only deal. Its a bargain. The motor then essentially becomes my TP800 EFI with 6 lbs of boost. The EFI Plenum, Throttle Body, and wiring harness is removed, and the whipple kit will replace it, just to clarify. I will offer demo's in the future, for a grand or so under the sale price, with warrantees of course. This really is a nice motor as a 600 or an 800.

TPI
04-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
What is the difference between that and the HP500?
DMB
The TP600 EFI offers:
Hand ported Dart pro 1 aluminum heads
Monoblade throttlebody
Larger Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
No circulating pump
MSD 6M2
The motor really compares to the HP525(without all of the sooty transom problems that some people have had). I have heard that the HP 525 can make on an average between 525-550 HP. That would explain why some run a little better than others. The TP600 consistantly makes over 598 Hp. I would expect an 8-10 mph gain over the 496 HO, depending on the hull configuration.

TPI
04-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Reaper, these prices by GT are great.
Last time I checked at Pfaff (recently I will add) the prices were as follows:
600 EFI Challenger-- $24.6K
700 EFI Challenger-- $29.5K
850 EFI Single Whipple-- $37.0K
So, as you can see, GT's 600 with the whipple addition for 29K is a steal--GT will you save that price for me...may be a couple years or so until I am ready to upgrade to that motor, but keep the price:D
Roln 20s
Although you cannot compare my 800 to the Pfaff 850. It takes a lot more money to build an 850-900 hp single whipple than the 800 IF YOU USE ALL AMERICAN PARTS! Those prices above are really good prices, and Pfaff has been in the business for a long time, So has Gary at GT performance and Bob Teague.
Let me just say this:
If you compare apples to apples, all of the top engine builders are priced pretty close. There is a big difference between a TP800EFI and a TP900 EFI. The difference is in the bottom end of the motor and the heads, about $6000 difference. A single whipple TP800EFI (based on a 502)will normally cost $31,000. but to upgrade to a TP900EFI (based on a 540) will cost you close to $37,000. When you guys are shopping, please make sure you are comparing the same things. You will save yourself time and money :D

TPI
04-16-2004, 06:20 AM
Check this out..................................
www.tpboats.com

TPI
04-16-2004, 10:26 AM
RD,
Your memory is correct,
The boat was still accellerating when we got out of the gas, and we were more than satisfied with 111+. We were not prepared safety wise to run that kind of speed.
The mill and lathe are on the way, but motor packages, whipple upgrades and a small amount of service work will keep me occupied for a while. The fabrication and mill/lathe work will have to wait until Winter.
:eek:

bigq
04-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by GT
RD,
The fabrication and mill/lathe work will have to wait until Winter.
:eek:
I think RD can help with that, being your a custom shop and all.:D :D
Looks like you do nice work and the site looks good, specialize in custom Bullets?;)

TPI
04-17-2004, 08:25 AM
I actually have a little history in aluminum fabrication. That is something I really enjoy, but it is VERY time consuming. I am looking forward to some complete v-bottom rigging/engine jobs. That is where I can really show my work. I am currently discussing my options with different So Cal Mfgs regarding this subject.