PDA

View Full Version : Losers at the lake

BOBALOO
04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Why is it that EVERY time I go to the lake/river I have to spend most of my time watching everyone elses boat.
On saturday we went from Needles to the sandbar making a few stops along the way. All was fine until we got to the sandbar.
2 boatloads of LOSERS in B&H water rods and one in an advantage (all large boats @ 28' and up)almost ran into my and others boats.
The first guy is goin about 35 when he runs aground in a shallow area narrowly missing a few boats.
the second group proceeds to back up their stupidity by almost sticking the side of his boat into the front of my boat.
My wife and j-rod's wife jumped into the freezing water to push them away but the LOSERS were too afraid of the water to get in and help.
After a little "encouragement" for them to help from me they finally pushed their shit off.
We ended up moving away about 35' to be safe.
Well, not for long. When the LOSERS left they did not want to spend any more time in the water than necessary so they fired up and proceeded to back out in 2' of water but the current and wind sent them right into my boat again. Yup they hit it and then kept backing out.
To top it off their girlfriends started talking shit to me because they hit my boat and I said they werent too smart.
I wish I had taken pix for a LOSERS ID picture thread.
We decided to pack up but the LOSERS appeared to be waiting for us and I think when they saw the patrol boat they changed their minds.
I was the DD so alcohol was not a factor on my side and I dont think theirs either,They were just idiots .
Thanks for lettin me rant. What would/have you done in these situations?

fourspeednup
04-12-2004, 05:37 PM
I can't even imagine spending big $$$ on a boat and not know how to operate it. Sometimes that includes walking it through shallow spots which is fine. I wouldn't have wanted to get into cold water either but I'd do just about anything to prevent my shit from being damaged and even more so if I was about to damage someone elses due to a mistake on my part.
Bunch a foofers:rolleyes:

Mr.Havasu
04-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that, I hope they didn't do any real damage.

AdrenelineOD
04-12-2004, 05:51 PM
sorry to here about the bad day of babysitting morons with too much money for there own good. I think after 100 hours of glassing and sanding my cap I would have to just get violent with them. I brought this up before I have a short fuse for stupidity and if someone damages my baby by not thinking I will in fact pipe them. I just hope boating doesn`t get me in prison. Im pretty passionate about my ride/ girl/ boat. and I think others here are too. :(

Huntingtonbeach
04-12-2004, 05:57 PM
I have been on both sides of that situation, once my bad and once some idiots like you described.... Once we got blown into someones lake stake and the result was a bent, useless stake... After i took 5 min of the pissed off owner cussing at me ( real mature on his part) I simply said whats the damage? Handed him some cash and left... In my book it sucked that it happened but it was an accident and i payed for it... end of story. Then the otherside of things: Awhile ago we had a rental hit us at the sandbar from driver error. A good scratch resulted but nothing serious. I was pissed but I didnt start belittling the driver, I just asked him for a phone# and an address where i could send the detail bill. He gave it, i got the boat buffed, and he sent me a check. It all worked out. Lots of idiots out there but not all will act like it if you show your willing to be fair about it. Thats my take:)

jlnorthrup122
04-12-2004, 05:57 PM
did you sustain any dammage? that really sucks!! no matter where the hell you go you will always run into idiots like that!!! Its pritty bad when you almost need to rec in possies just because of idiots like that!! it should be a boaters ethick to come together in the defence of people in situations like this in BOBALOO's place!!! for real those faulkers should have stayed home!!:mad:

Jrocket
04-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by BOBALOO
2 boatloads of LOSERS in B&H water rods
Say no more,I see the problem already.

Havasu Cig
04-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
sorry to here about the bad day of babysitting morons with too much money for there own good. I think after 100 hours of glassing and sanding my cap I would have to just get violent with them. I brought this up before I have a short fuse for stupidity and if someone damages my baby by not thinking I will in fact pipe them. I just hope boating doesn`t get me in prison. Im pretty passionate about my ride/ girl/ boat. and I think others here are too. :(
I hear you, I have a short tempure as well sometimes, but you never know who is packing a weapon out on the lake. Be careful, it might not worth being shot over.

AdrenelineOD
04-12-2004, 06:07 PM
At least Im gettin ready for them, that should help. accidents are ok it`s a dumb ass that doesn`t care who`s in trouble. I`m an amiture driver and if I even touch anouther boat Ill feel like shit and apologies all day. Oh ya and pay for it too.. but Ill be out on a few tuesdays mornings for some good low speed practic.
something they should have done..

BOBALOO
04-12-2004, 06:48 PM
I understand accidents happen, but these guys just didn't care. Two of our wives had time to jump in and hold these guys boat while they just smiled at us. Fockers!
I am half ready to post the pix of their boats that I just found on the digital but dont want more problems the rest of the summer.

LUVNLIFE
04-12-2004, 06:49 PM
That's not cool Bob.:mad: I'll park next to you next time and you won't have to worry about it.:D I drink BudLight by the way;)

fourspeednup
04-12-2004, 06:53 PM
I understand accidents happen, but these guys just didn't care. Two of our wives had time to jump in and hold these guys boat while they just smiled at us. Fockers!
I am half ready to post the pix of their boats that I just found on the digital but dont want more problems the rest of the summer.
Fuggit! Lets see who it is, if you don't know them it's not personal. They had a chance to apologize but chose to act like a$$holes. You'll be doing a service to those of us that care about our rigs enough to stay away:cool:

Phat Matt
04-12-2004, 06:56 PM
I say post 'em. There are more people on this board that would back you up. Plus if they don't care or know how to drive their boats they most likely won't know how to turn on a computer!

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
post it Bobaloo. I don't want to park next to these people and If they are on the boards. next time they will be more careful . this is just not cool. you guys take care of your stuff and people around you should respect it. you respected theirs and your's enough to where you were preventing them from hitting. WTF is up with that. post that fricken thing.. LOL!! :D

Blown 472
04-12-2004, 07:21 PM
shoulda punched the stupid **** in the mouth that was talking shit.

jlnorthrup122
04-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Postem Bobaloo we would like to see there womens!!!

welk2party
04-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Post 'em! Need to know who to avoid!

Dr. Eagle
04-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Guess they forgot their LOSER signs.......

ratso
04-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
shoulda punched the stupid **** in the mouth that was talking shit. :D

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
They didnt take any pics,
Also you need to trade that wife in. She should have gotten out and kicked their ass:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Also you need to trade that wife in. She should have gotten out and kicked their ass:D
she is too much of a lady. she will wait for next time though. I will even help her. :D

Scream
04-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Guess they forgot their LOSER signs.......
Was that Gallagher that used to have the dart gun. He said he'd shoot it at cars driving by, the darts said STUPID!.

fourspeednup
04-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I am half ready to post the pix of their boats that I just found on the digital

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Nice lets see them...
:D

BOBALOO
04-12-2004, 07:49 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4418DSCF0214.JPG

Dr. Eagle
04-12-2004, 07:52 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4418DSCF0214.JPG
<<<<<<<<< LOSER MUG SHOTS >>>>>>>>>

Phat Matt
04-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Did GlastronGuy help you post that pic? :)

BOBALOO
04-12-2004, 07:58 PM
No, I can post them myself. even though I dont post much I feel that I know alot of the Good core of boaters here and on some of the other boards.
I guess that I spend more time on the lake than the computer.:D

BOBALOO
04-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Phat Matt, were you in the channel on sunday?
I think I saw your boat somewhere this weekend.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-12-2004, 07:59 PM
which boat is it. ?;)

BOBALOO
04-12-2004, 08:01 PM
The three on the right, they are comin down tonight though.

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 08:04 PM
If you had a tan interior, you would be able to understand why they are messed up....
LOSER,
That is why i keep my small boat, I don't know how to drive....

beached 1
04-12-2004, 08:18 PM
wow, what jerks.
sorry to hear of you getting run into like that..

Garrddogg
04-12-2004, 08:21 PM
hey i just get red x's

BOBALOO
04-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Pic is gone for good.

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Now that I think about it, that is an ugly deck lid and the COLE painted advantage

Dr. Eagle
04-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Force 26
hey i just get red x's
You using dial up? They are pretty big pics.....

Kachina26
04-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Pic is gone for good. What!? Why?

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Protect the guilty

redneckgirl
04-12-2004, 08:32 PM
It works for me and I am on dial-up.
RNG

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 08:33 PM
RNG, It must have taken along time to download that one

redneckgirl
04-12-2004, 08:36 PM
for dial up we are pretty fast 45.2 it took about a minute... :) It is still up for me. Are you going to the regatta? We will be there! :D :D
RNG

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Yep, Sticker on the truck and all

redneckgirl
04-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Did you have to pick it up or did he deliver it? :D :D
RNG

Phat Matt
04-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Phat Matt, were you in the channel on sunday?
I think I saw your boat somewhere this weekend.
I was there on Friday and Saturday.
Friday: Channel, Sandbar, Topok, Channel
Saturday: Channel...all freakin' day...damn wind. :D

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Bob mailed it to me

redneckgirl
04-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Glad you were taken care of... didn't see you on the freeway when we picked up the boat... will see you in july... :D :D
RNG

OGShocker
04-13-2004, 06:44 AM
Repost the picture the mods red X'ed it.
I think I know who you are talking about...POS! PM me the picture and I'll do some "leg work" for you...;)

ratso
04-13-2004, 06:57 AM
oops

cigarette1
04-13-2004, 07:00 AM
I got T-boned by a metal pontoon boat at the Windsor ramp Saturday. The guy didn't know what he was doing in the wind. He was trying to steer away from me instead of putting the thing in reverse. Put a BIG ass gouge in my boat into the fiberglass.
:( :mad: :(

ratso
04-13-2004, 07:06 AM
I think Dave deleted his thread on the other site...I think...
Seems he knows who one or more of the people are.
If I did in fact damage someones boat, whether by neglect or accident, I would offer to cover the damages...unless they're in a Bayliner.:D

91nordic29
04-13-2004, 07:10 AM
i didnt get to see it!
we went from an 18 foot jet boat to a 28 nordic. talk about a learning process. we have had it for 2 seasons. the first season was all about learning. we didnt park at the bridge like normal (we gave it a shot but the wind was wreaking havoc and we we had a hard time getting into a slip and gave up). we didnt go to the sandbar. last season was much better. we still are ultra careful. it can be a challenge with the hard deck. i cant just fly over the winsheild like before:cool: randy is getting pretty good at handling it. he had the jet for 12 years so quite an adjustment.

PlyaPlya22
04-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Come on BOBALOO. Let us know who these FOCKERS are?:D

welk2party
04-13-2004, 09:14 AM
We have two threads going at the same time about bad things at the lake. What is happening to "Boaters are a Friendly Lot!".

hd&boatrider
04-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Here you go:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44338

RJ Nordic
04-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Post the pics, they can't be from the boards. Most of us are a lot more considerate than that. Let the chips fall where they may.
We all make mistakes, but to be rude about it shows how low they are. I try not to lower myself to their levels. however a rock by the prop gently moved into place can at least bring out a "Whoa How did that happen."
We all need to have a heads up and know who to watch out for.:D

SCLB41
04-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I got hit by some #$%hole on a waverunner, luckily no damage. But as I was inspecting for damage the jerk threw out a "sorry" and took off.

BOBALOO
04-13-2004, 04:11 PM
I put up the pic for an hour but took it down myself.
It would have been a non issue if these guys had just gotten out of their boat instead of trying to use mine for a mooring dock.
They didn't even stop to see if they damaged my boat! Luckily I fared better than some of you have. I have seen these guys before and I plan to keep my distance to avoid any problems.
I know there are two sides to every story but their's would have to be the same.
I have never come on here to bash ANYONE,I dont care enough to waste any more of my time on this subject so this is the end of it for me.
Happy Boating.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:14 PM
I put up the pic for an hour but took it down myself.
It would have been a non issue if these guys had just gotten out of their boat instead of trying to use mine for a mooring dock.
They didn't even stop to see if they damaged my boat! Luckily I fared better than some of you have. I have seen these guys before and I plan to keep my distance to avoid any problems.
I know there are two sides to every story but their's would have to be the same.
I have never come on here to bash ANYONE,I dont care enough to waste any more of my time on this subject so this is the end of it for me.
Happy Boating.
well I think you are right and I would be glad to park next to you anytime.. as long as I can see Martini queenie and j-rod's wife get wet again.. LOL!! J/K :D :D

BOBALOO
04-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Its a date then. Bananas and coconut. Hopefully the only nuts we see are coconut.;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Its a date then. Bananas and coconut. Hopefully the only nuts we see are coconut.;)
so no TJ nutts to be found.. LMAO!!
J/K I love that guy.. :D

Kim Hanson
04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Ahhh piss on you Bobaloo. :D We wanted to roast someone, and then watch them find out about it and come on here and threaten you.. :D
RD
We will have a barbeque then RD........( . )( . )......:cool:

Kilrtoy
04-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Smart Move :D

Havasu Cig
04-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by cigarette1
I got T-boned by a metal pontoon boat at the Windsor ramp Saturday. The guy didn't know what he was doing in the wind. He was trying to steer away from me instead of putting the thing in reverse. Put a BIG ass gouge in my boat into the fiberglass.
:( :mad: :(
That sucks Gary....Did the guy offer you any $$$$.
I you make a mistake, which we all have, you need to do the right thing. Our Cig blew (sp) into a guys boat at the sandbar 2 years ago when we were trying to anchor in a strong wind and current.
I drove into a spot and told my buddy to throw the anchor, but he did not do it for some reason. once the current and wind caught the boat (our boat is very bad in the wind because of the high free board) there was nothing I could do but to try and push away from the other boat. I was able to slow the impact a bit but the boat weighs to much and we hit the rubrail on the other boat.
I was able at this point to drive the boat away and asked the guy if there was any damage, and he said the was not. Well a couple weeks later I got a call from the guy who got my # from a mutual friend which I did not know about at the time. He said that there was a slight scratch on the rubrail that he did not notice at the time. He said it was not a big deal, but the boat was brand new so it kind of bothered him. I told him to get an estimate, which he did, and I sent him a check. No big deal. That is how every situation should be handled in my opinion.