PDA

View Full Version : Can't we all just get along

UnionJack
04-12-2004, 11:10 PM
So on sunday **Blank** and I went on a quick run in the boats, and while we were gone the kids were playing and my wife is chillen in the chair next to the water with the kids, when some a-hole decides he wants the spot where they are playing, and tells her to move, and my wife didn't move fast enough and the a-hole hit her with his boat.... So she got the police over there and the guy denies the whole thing. This is all while we are on our run. So we get the phone call about the whole situation on our way in to the channel from windsor side, and when the guy sees us coming he decides to run to his friend boats 15-20 boats down to get his buddies. My question is where do you draw the line, for space to hang out around your boat?
Then the buddy of the guy tells us he lives here and deserves more rights then us, even though we all have a right to the water, and he tell us to go back to escondito (however you spell it). Trying for some racial thing, ( I guess)
I do not care where you live or whatever, we all should just be happy we are away from work and on the lake, you get one sh*t bag, who is better then everyone... and you know. well that is it.

Kilrtoy
04-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Not all , But an awful people that live there aren't the brighest in the bunch

Ivan Dan
04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
UnionJack~
I saw you doin fly-by's at the Sand Bar on Sunday afternoon and then you guys parked. I looked over about 20 minutes later cuz I was just about to walk over and say hi and I saw you guys go flyin by again back up towards the Channel.
Sorry to hear about your incident and to be honest it doesn't suprise me at all. This is really sad to say but I have found that a lot of people that boat in Havasu think their shit don't stink and try to pull crap like this. I know this isn't the majority of boaters but I have run into some really rude people and it cracks me up.
Maybe next time we can have a beer and BS about the A'holes. :D

Rexone
04-13-2004, 01:17 AM
Another reason not to go to Havazoo.

BOBALOO
04-13-2004, 04:59 AM
I saw two boats of people do the same thing. Was it a wakeboard boat by the patrol parking. I bet it was.

NashvilleBound
04-13-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Another reason not to go to Havazoo.
Exactly!

mmered8299
04-13-2004, 05:33 AM
Respect! You don't see is anymore. A few years back a child was playing in the sand/water between boats and was run over by a dunk trying to beach his boat in the play spot.

NashvilleBound
04-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Respect, common sense....both totally out the window.
Its amazing.:rolleyes:

Laveyman
04-13-2004, 06:08 AM
I have come across this exact problem many times. People spreading their kids out across three parking spaces to let them play in the sand, and won't move them to let others beach. And then if you do pull in, their little demons throw sand all over your gelcoat.
I'm sorry, but the channel is not the place to "stake your claim" to land. If you want your kids to have a place to play in the sand, go find one of the many large, open coves with sandy beaches and let them play in a much more family oriented enviornment than the channel. I'm not saying that you cannot, or should not, have kids in the channel. Just move them outta the way if someone is looking for a place to land.
But, then again, like Nashville said, Respect, common sense....both totally out the window. Sad...but true!

Havasu_Dreamin
04-13-2004, 07:24 AM
But if you were in the channel, as LM said, you do not stake your claim to any spot. You leave, you run the risk of not having the spot when you get back. Does that make what the guy did, hitting your wife, right, of course not. If someone says that they are waiting for a boat in the channel and there are other spaces for me to go to I just go to them, no big deal to me.
Now, if you were in a cove, such as Steamboat, and the ranger has come by and you paid your $10, I think, then you have that spot until you decide to leave for the day and not come back. I see no problem leaviong your stuff and your anchor out to save your spot in a cove, especially if you have paid the day use fee. The channel, that's a different story.

hoolign
04-13-2004, 07:35 AM
People who let their kids play around boats should be smacked!
theres a public boat launch here,and every time I go to pop the boat in, I have to ..go to the ramp... tell some trailer trash.."o.k. i'm going to back my boat in, could you hold onto your 75 kids for 5 minutes please?",then they give you a wtf look,there's boats coming and going steady,yet trailer trash lady gets pissy cause someone finally gets irate and tells the kids to bloody well move!
go park your fat ass at the beach, not on a frickin boat launch! :mad:

NastyOne
04-13-2004, 07:44 AM
I am going to have to also say that once you leave your spot in the channel it is fair game. Did you really think you'd get it back? You cant play the "tap tap" its mine game. And I would like to here the other guys side of the story. I dont belive he is dumb enough to just ram your wife while she is in the water being an "angle". (Still no reason to hit anyone though)

jbtrailerjim
04-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Taylor,
Sorry to hear about that. I can't believe some of you saying that kid's have no right to be playing on the beach in the channel. This guy that hit his wife is an A**hole in my opinion. As much as it bug's me when people are saving spot's in the channel I never tell them to move out of respect. They have just as much right to use the beach as us boaters do. As far as this claiming he has more right to the beach area in the channel because he lives there. F**k him. When I'm parked in the channel I do let my kid's play on the beach but I don't let them take up three parking spot's. I usually let them have about 5 or 6 feet on one side.

hoolign
04-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Dave.
I think there's a big difference,between kids playin on a beach, and playin in an area where there is constant boating traffic,I mean it's just a matter of time before some one fires up the boat and backs over junior,or as I was saying,up here at the boat launch,some kid runing out behind the trailer.
Kids have one thing on their mind...go like hell and have fun, they don't think of the dangers, so find it irresponsible for parents to let them be in that situation

little rowe boat
04-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Someone purposely runs into my wife,family or friend will be eating through a straw. People need to show a little courtesy and respect goes a long way. While beached in the channel I have moved my boat over a few feet just to make room for another boat.

OGShocker
04-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by hoolign
People who let their kids play around boats should be smacked!
theres a public boat launch here,and every time I go to pop the boat in, I have to ..go to the ramp... tell some trailer trash.."o.k. i'm going to back my boat in, could you hold onto your 75 kids for 5 minutes please?",then they give you a wtf look,there's boats coming and going steady,yet trailer trash lady gets pissy cause someone finally gets irate and tells the kids to bloody well move!
go park your fat ass at the beach, not on a frickin boat launch! :mad:
You have been sucking on H2S pipe. I know you like to stir s**t up in here but, DAMN.
If this was supposed to be funny, it was not. If you are serious, you are seriously F**KED UP!

carbonmarine
04-13-2004, 08:29 AM
funny thing you mention actually moving for another .... a few weeks back... there were two guys just kicking back, I ask each of them nicely to back up and move so we coudl also fit in.... they just shook there head as to say know... I said" come on - thats not what it its about ..." and they just shrugged their shoulders, like so what , **** you - move on ....
was really disparaging .....and a real turn off. They were morons and I had to accept that ....no sense taking it to another level....
Rick :cool:

hoolign
04-13-2004, 08:33 AM
So with a big sign that says BOAT LAUNCH, it's where kids should be runnin around??or when there's a ton of boat traffic, there should be kids runnin around??isn't that what public beaches are for? I think your a bit ****ed up!, I'm not tryin to stir things up, his wife got hit by some asshole,what if it was a small kid he did'nt see??
oh yeah ..I don't think one would be typing after sucking on h2s:p

OGShocker
04-13-2004, 08:39 AM
There is little doubt that I am f'ked up. My condition is temporary. Now get back to drilling, we need the GAS.

hoolign
04-13-2004, 08:40 AM
(in best soup nazi voice)---no gas for you:D

NastyOne
04-13-2004, 08:42 AM
OG check your PM's

shadow
04-13-2004, 08:45 AM
I live in Havasu and am from California,I've seen both sides,some
locals hate californians and the rest of us feel the lake is here for everyone.I've also seen people come here and think locals are here to serve them and stay out of their way.I wouldn't plant a lawn chair in a spot in the channel,but who's to say they can't use
a spot however they want?Is it boat parking only?I normally idle past and find another spot to park rather than force or strong arm a women and kids out.I don't agree with holing spots but It's their spot,find another one.

betty boop
04-13-2004, 08:46 AM
there are just some people in this world who walk around with serious chips on their shoulders and take it out on anyone they can!! no matter what is said to them they will act and behave the way they want - in reality, we should feel empathy for them - because they will never experience true happiness or calmness in their lives!!!:wink:

betty boop
04-13-2004, 08:56 AM
whether there supposed to be there or not, really doesn't matter, cause it's gonna happen!! kill with kindness is my answer - you get much faster, kinder results....

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:00 AM
well I think I will say my 2 cents.
First of all. the young lady was sittin on the beach watching her kids play. the asshole that pulled up had no common sense and he was a dumb **** that shouldn't be driving a boat .. if she wasn't moving fast enough then maybe he should have just moved on to another spot. like where his buddies were 10-15 boats away that he ran to with his tail between his legs because he knew he did wrong and felt he was going to get his ass kicked. If he wasn't wrong then why did he try to get his other friends involved. people like this are just stupid ignorant dumb ****s. I too live in Havasu at times but that doesn't mean I have any more rights there then anyone else. That is just wrong. are we living here in L.A going to do the samething to him when he comes here and try's to go to a public beach. I know there is a difference a big difference but I'm just making a point. everyone should be welcome in a public area wether you have kids or not. It is your choice wether you take your kids to the channel or not. and If you are worried about someone hitting a kid then be a better parent and watch your kid. which she was doing. He wasn't. he didn't care what he could have done to her. He could have really hurt her. and he is lucky he didn't get his ass wooped. people like him need a good ass woopin. :mad:

hoolign
04-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by betty boop
whether there supposed to be there or not, really doesn't matter, cause it's gonna happen!! kill with kindness is my answer - you get much faster, kinder results....
that has got to be one of the stupidist things I've heard
it does'nt matter cause it's gonna happen?????
kill with kindness????

betty boop
04-13-2004, 09:02 AM
**** you - it's people like you who make this world a miserable place!!

betty boop
04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
your name should be under the thread "losers at the lake"

mirvin
04-13-2004, 09:05 AM
The answer to the question is "NO". No, we cannot get along with terds like that. We just can't do it. THere's no hope. Sometimes you just have to steer clear of the ****tards and move on.
No offence MissFlyinVee, but I have a feeling that If I were "MrFlyinVee" she would get me into a fair amount of trouble in regards to this kind of issue:D ;) :D
mirvin

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:05 AM
:eek: :D :D I love a girl who holds there own..
hooligan what wrong today. :confused: :(

betty boop
04-13-2004, 09:06 AM
and that's right dickhead - no matter what you say, shit is gonna happen - just because you rant and rave about it - it's not gonna change things. there will always be someone there that's gonna piss you off - always - and yes, kill with kindness....you get better results from people when you are kind - obviously somethingy you know nothing about...

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
The answer to the question is "NO". No, we cannot get along with terds like that. We just can't do it. THere's no hope. Sometimes you just have to steer clear of the ****tards and move on.
No offence MissFlyinVee, but I have a feeling that If I were "MrFlyinVee" she would get me into a fair amount of trouble in regards to this kind of issue:D ;) :D
mirvin
I don't get it.. what are you saying. ;)

NastyOne
04-13-2004, 09:10 AM
I think he means wifes with big mouths can get their husbands into trouble.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:12 AM
well I don't have a big mouth but I can hold my own and if a man is going to talk shit to me I will do what I can. I don't need to run to my buddy's boat for back up. :D

Ducatista
04-13-2004, 09:13 AM
My wife & I have enjoyed the channel for the last six months during the winter season in Havasu. No problems at all, just good times & good friends. But in a couple of weeks we will do our usual, & stop going to the channel & sandbar on the weekends until the busy summer crowds clear out. Too many jerks and dickwads packed to close together. Too much boose, egos & mean people in close proximity, for our taste. We tend to hole up with friends in a nice party cove like Steamboat, or retreat to some nice secluded cove and chill on weekends during the summer season. It's kinda a shame, but thats the reality for us.
Now during the week I love the channel if I just want to hang out & read somes Mags or whatever. But the weekends during the summer....forget it, you can have it! Noise, pollution, overcrowding, high bacteria content in the water, jerks & dickwads, tend to ruin the boating experience for us. It's a shame that courtesy & decency are lost on so many people IMO.:frown:

betty boop
04-13-2004, 09:14 AM
thanks that's what i was talking about - decency, etc., i wish people would get off their high horses and remember that their shit does stink...

h2oski2fast
04-13-2004, 09:15 AM
When I'm parked in the channel I do let my kid's play on the beach but I don't let them take up three parking spot's. I usually let them have about 5 or 6 feet on one side.
I'm not against kids playing on the beach, but I dp believe that the channel is not the best place for the kids to be playing. If thats what you're after go around the corner to Mudshark Beach, with alot less traffic than in the Channel. We normaly stack the boats pretty tight against one another, and the kids with the group still find room to play. As for taking 5 or 6' (which isn't all that much room) if the channel isn't crowded (I rarely see that any more) then there's not a problem, but if it's pack then 20 to 30 boats doing the same thing makes it so 10 to 15 boats won't be able to park. We've all been through the Channel and couldn't find a place to park, and that just sucks.
I can't pass judgement on the posted event as I was not there. A cop buddy of mine told there are usually 3 sides to every story/situation your's, mine and the truth. As for the Havasu local spoutin his mouth off, I would have knock his tooth out and proceeded to explain to him that Havasu would still be a dump if it wasn't for all the revenue the was brought to the city by weekenders.:p :p :p

NastyOne
04-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
well I don't have a big mouth but I can hold my own and if a man is going to talk shit to me I will do what I can. I don't need to run to my buddy's boat for back up. :D
I hate it when girls say that. What is a guy supposed to do when a girl has a big mouth and talks shit? Hit her?
"I'll never hit a girl.... but I'll kick a bitch!" JK:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:17 AM
let me ask all the guys on here that can't seem to understand.. what if it was your wife, girlfriend or mother on the beach watching the kids, grandkids or whatever,. then what would you have done.. Taylor (union jack) to me was more of the man and moved on. although he probably wanted to kill the guy. what would you have done.. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by NastyOne
I hate it when girls say that. What is a guy supposed to do when a girl has a big mouth and talks shit? Hit her?
"I'll never hit a girl.... but I'll kick a bitch!" JK:D
well then don't talk shit to me.. If you want to start something I'm game. I was just versing my opinion.. ;)

betty boop
04-13-2004, 09:19 AM
don't need meds - i guess i surround myself with kind people - and people like hoolign, who figures his crap doesn't stink, piss me off - and i'm not afraid to voice my opinion...he voiced his over my comment - i just voiced mine..

hoolign
04-13-2004, 09:31 AM
my shit don't stink..cause I don't want to run over a kid????
that makes alot of sense!
you go ahead and happily prance up to some parents
and say "oh what a nice day, by the way, I just ran over your kid
la la la la ...." idiot!

mirvin
04-13-2004, 09:35 AM
I think he means wifes with big mouths can get their husbands into trouble.
Um, that's not what I meant:D
mirvin

NastyOne
04-13-2004, 09:35 AM
my shit don't stink..cause I don't want to run over a kid????
that makes alot of sense!
you go ahead and happily prance up to some parents
and say "oh what a nice day, by the way, I just ran over your kid
la la la la ...." idiot!
LOL.
Hey Hooligh, I was just looking at your avatar and it reminded me of back when I had my old truck. It was on air bags and the license plate said "No fat chicks... they make my truck scrape." I dated this girl who had a really fat mom and she hated me.:D

betty boop
04-13-2004, 09:36 AM
you read the thread wrong idiot - you seem to be the only one on here that did that!!! says alot...if someone is in your way, why not ask nicely instead of yelling out your window and getting irritated...and not all women are trailer trash with 75 kids..instead of blaming everyone else why not take a look at how you approach people and what you say - may make a difference..

little rowe boat
04-13-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry but is this your idea of killing with kindness?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:40 AM
I think I opened a can of worms.. ;)

betty boop
04-13-2004, 09:41 AM
funny you should write that - but i had the same thought!!!!
all i can say is that i know hoolign away from the boards and i guess with that i figured i could say it (plus i've wanted to say it for some time now) :D
ok - i will try and be nice from now on - he just kinda pushed the wrong button...

HM
04-13-2004, 09:42 AM
you read the thread wrong idiot - you seem to be the only one on here that did that!!! says alot...if someone is in your way, why not ask nicely instead of yelling out your window and getting irritated...and not all women are trailer trash with 75 kids..instead of blaming everyone else why not take a look at how you approach people and what you say - may make a difference..
Yes, I believe she has a point....it might actually prevent one from getting biatch slapped at a gas station.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I don't care if it's some chick I don't even know. If I saw it happen right in front of me, I'd probably ask the guy "what the ****?"
RD
I know you would.. :D

hoolign
04-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Where do you get"yell out of the window???" I'always get out of my truck ,(you have to do that to take the straps off the boat) and when their are kids there, I ask the parents to take there kids off the boat launch(which should'nt have to be done) and then have to ask them to keep the kids away from the trailer.
and i've seen it happen to 4 guys in a row!,so explain to me how these irresponsible parents need to be treated with kindness??
they are complete morons! and the sooner they are disgusted with being told that, the sooner they will move the kids to a safe place!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:47 AM
don't you guys have rangers there to keep the kids off the ramp.. ?? :confused:

hoolign
04-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
I'm sorry but is this your idea of killing with kindness?
:D :D :D

hoolign
04-13-2004, 09:49 AM
don't you guys have rangers there to keep the kids off the ramp.. ?? :confused:
no.it's supposed to self patroled,that's what they need there is some renta cops,it's just a matter of time before someone gets hurt or killed.

HM
04-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Where do you get"yell out of the window???" I'always get out of my truck ,(you have to do that to take the straps off the boat) and when their are kids there, I ask the parents to take there kids off the boat launch(which should'nt have to be done) and then have to ask them to keep the kids away from the trailer.
and i've seen it happen to 4 guys in a row!,so explain to me how these irresponsible parents need to be treated with kindness??
they are complete morons! and the sooner they are disgusted with being told that, the sooner they will move the kids to a safe place!!
Yup, that otta work
Just don't tell an angry sister that she is a deaf, dumb biatch with her head up her ass - they don't respond to that type of reasoning very well.;)

hoolign
04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
Yup, that otta work
Just don't tell an angry sister that she is a deaf, dumb biatch with her head up her ass - they don't respond to that type of reasoning very well.;)
I'm not like that,but I have no problem letting idiots know their status

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:58 AM
well you wouldn't have to worry about punchin her teeth out.. LMAO!! :D J/K :D :D

betty boop
:D :D :D
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-055.gif

HM
I'm not like that,but I have no problem letting idiots know their status
As my grandpa said, "Never argue with idiots, people can't tell the difference"
I violate this rule on a regular basis, but I am learning - very slowly.:D And have not been biatch slapped in a year and a half!! Now that is progress!

little rowe boat
04-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Ok,everyone take a deep breath,count to 10,and now lets sing cumbaya.

hoolign
04-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Ok,everyone take a deep breath,count to 10,and now lets sing cumbaya.
what comes after 4?:p

betty boop
04-13-2004, 10:02 AM
figures!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 10:02 AM
so when is everyone hittin the river or lake.. :D

hoolign
04-13-2004, 10:03 AM
figures!!
very good, and now for the sequence?

mirvin
04-13-2004, 10:04 AM
what comes after 4?:p
Your ass getting kicked by a bunch of girls:D
mirvin

HM
I think we need more of a tension releiving session than that....let's all line up to kick RD in the junk.:D

little rowe boat
Right after were done singing cumbaya.

Debbolas
04-13-2004, 10:05 AM
The Channel is not our favorite place to hang.
We did the holiday "thing" and it was very different from the boating we are use to. Everyone just sat around their boat and drank beer.....ALL DAY...I'm like can we go out for a ride?
When we are cruising all over the river, we will stop in for lunch and maybe hang out if there is room, but not all day.
My friends that have a house in Havasu, they love to do that. Different strokes and all.
The thing is our kids were small and I didn't want them to see all the toppless babes. One time, (oh this is so funny) we are hanging out on a holiday with our friends and boats are going by (this was back when you could squirt water canons at people from your boat) My kids are playing in the sand, and this boat comes by full of young girls on holiday having a grea time. One thing leads to another and she whips her top off. RIGHT THEN this police boat pulls up behind her and puts her into handcuffs.... I turned to my daughters and said:" See, what happens when you take your top off at the river?"
lol
P.S. It use to be "OK" to save spots in the channel while you took your boat for a run, this was when copper canyon was still open

MRS FLYIN VEE
:D

betty boop
that's exactly what hoolign needs - a damn good ass kicking by a girl - I am first in line :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 10:07 AM
that's exactly what hoolign needs - a damn good ass kicking by a girl - I am first in line :D
2nd.. :D

betty boop
i bet we get more girls than he can count :D

HM
There you go killing with kindness again! What dictionary are you using to define kindness?;)

hoolign
04-13-2004, 10:08 AM
and violate the restraining order?? you are a rebel !

little rowe boat
Make sure you hit him with that KINDNESS punch.

betty boop
he knows me - he knows my kindness!! :cool:

AdrenelineOD
04-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Can I even enjoy boating? Im new and a hot head but I also let things just go cuz I don`t want jail

betty boop
04-13-2004, 10:10 AM
now why did you have to bring up the restraining order thing - i am now gonna kick your ass twice - that's with my kind feet that is......

HM
04-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
Can I even enjoy boating? Im new and a hot head but I also let things just go cuz I don`t want jail
I fart in your general direction! (said with a french accent)
Bonus points if name the movie.

AdrenelineOD
04-13-2004, 10:12 AM
I fart in your general direction! (said with a french accent)
Bonus points if name the movie. Its coming to me I think I have it Holy grail

AdrenelineOD
04-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Well ? how many piopnt did I get?

AdrenelineOD
04-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Well ? how many piopnt did I get? Pionts

Debbolas
04-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Monty Python's Holy Grail

hoolign
04-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Pionts
and I thought I started into the beers to early:D

HM
04-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Pionts
You would have gotten 100 points, but you lost 10 points on the first mispelling, and are now at a negative 500 points for mispelling it again. Drinking already!?!?!? You must be a close friend of RD!!

betty boop
04-13-2004, 10:17 AM
this is early, seems kinda late for you - i thought maybe you were sick or something...:D

AdrenelineOD
04-13-2004, 10:18 AM
How bout now? Holly grail. Too late?

Debbolas
04-13-2004, 10:20 AM
maybe thats how you say points in french/italian?
"Piontes"

AdrenelineOD
04-13-2004, 10:20 AM
I have 354 posts and misspell every one of them. I must keep the tradition. Boogly boogly!

Debbolas
04-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Darrel Waltrip?

HM
04-13-2004, 10:24 AM
I have 354 posts and misspell every one of them. I must keep the tradition. Boogly boogly!
I can throw stones because my spelling purfikt.:D
I don't usually care about spelling, (unless I pay for a newsletter for those of you with good memories), but it was funny that you tried to correct it twice - and missed. But I like the french spelling excuse - now that is being on your toes!!

hoolign
04-13-2004, 10:28 AM
This is some serious thread hijaking :D
I'd like to change my first post to a direct reponse to the thread
title to ...no :D

AdrenelineOD
04-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Unegimacated and suckin fupid:D

HM
04-13-2004, 10:38 AM
This is some serious thread hijaking :D
I'd like to change my first post to a direct reponse to the thread
title to ...no :D
LOL!:D
Thread Jacker, I like it!

91nordic29
04-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Darrel Waltrip?
boggity boogity boogity
i think the other one was jungle - speak.

hoolign
04-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Ney Now, was dat all aboot? <--- canadian accent. :D
RD
only on the left coast:p

HM
04-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Ney Now, was dat all aboot? <--- canadian accent. :D
RD
LOL! :D You missed my first reference to you! Hey, when you need to make someone the target of sarchasm and don't want any angry responses, RD is your man.;) My bad, early drinker sarchasm should be directed at Kim.:D

jbtrailerjim
04-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by h2oski2fast
I'm not against kids playing on the beach, but I dp believe that the channel is not the best place for the kids to be playing. If thats what you're after go around the corner to Mudshark Beach, with alot less traffic than in the Channel. We normaly stack the boats pretty tight against one another, and the kids with the group still find room to play. As for taking 5 or 6' (which isn't all that much room) if the channel isn't crowded (I rarely see that any more) then there's not a problem, but if it's pack then 20 to 30 boats doing the same thing makes it so 10 to 15 boats won't be able to park. We've all been through the Channel and couldn't find a place to park, and that just sucks.
On a busy weekend I don't take up a lot of extra space. I usually try and find a large enough area so I can let my kid's play in the sand. When it start's getting crowded I don't take up a bunch of room. I have moved my boat over and let people squeeze in closer to me on many occasions. Now as far as not letting my kid's play in the channel. I'm a responsible enough parent to keep an eye on them where I am not worried about them getting run over by somebodys boat pulling in or out. I enjoy hanging out in the channel with my wife and kid's and if some people think it's not a good place to have your kid's; I say too bad I'm not going somewhere else.

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by UnionJack
So on sunday **Blank** and I went on a quick run in the boats, and while we were gone the kids were playing and my wife is chillen in the chair next to the water with the kids, when some a-hole decides he wants the spot where they are playing, and tells her to move, and my wife didn't move fast enough and the a-hole hit her with his boat.... So she got the police over there and the guy denies the whole thing. This is all while we are on our run. So we get the phone call about the whole situation on our way in to the channel from windsor side, and when the guy sees us coming he decides to run to his friend boats 15-20 boats down to get his buddies. My question is where do you draw the line, for space to hang out around your boat?
Then the buddy of the guy tells us he lives here and deserves more rights then us, even though we all have a right to the water, and he tell us to go back to escondito (however you spell it). Trying for some racial thing, ( I guess)
I do not care where you live or whatever, we all should just be happy we are away from work and on the lake, you get one sh*t bag, who is better then everyone... and you know. well that is it.
Hi Union Jack. I was going to lunch today with a few buds when one of them starts telling us about something that happened to him at Havasu on Sunday...and wouldn't you know it!!! I told him I had just got through reading this thread. I gave him a few highlights. Anyway, he read the thread (he's not a member) and asked me to post this for him.
DryHeatOnly
To Union Jack:
I am the a-hole that you are referring to. As you will see, there are two sides to every story. Unfortunately, the situation on Sunday escalated too fast for us to have a reasonable discussion.
#1 – There are no saving spots in the London Bridge channel. Period. Common Courtesy.
#2 – I did not hit your wife or children. This is an absolute untruth. I repeat. I did not hit your wife or children.
#3 – I asked your wife to move as I was coming in to beach my boat.
#4 – There were no children in the water/beach area at this time.
#5 – The neighboring boat encouraged me to pull up because your wife had been saving the spot for almost 2 hours and chased away several other boaters.
#6 – Your wife (who was on the beach) now runs into the water and holds onto the bow of my boat, which isn’t running at this point.
#7 – The neighboring boat owner grabs a hold of my boat to lead me in. Your wife lets go of my bow and returns to the beach area.
#8 – I get out of my boat and manually pull it up with the assistance of the neighboring boat owner.
#9 – After I pulled up your wife summoned the LHC Police who investigated her claim that I hit her.
#10 – ALL (at least 7-8) witnesses at the scene backed up my version of the events. I stress the keyword “ALL” witnesses.
#11 – The LHC Police left without so much as even filing a report or asking for identification.
#12 – You arrived and we made room for you and your boat by moving two boats. Common Courtesy. I stress here the fact that we were able to make room and accommodate your boat on the beach!
#13 – Your buddy or that may have been you decided they wanted to fight with me.
#14 – I wanted none of this, because you didn’t know the whole story. You were relying on bad information.
#15 – Yes, I called over one of my buddies.
#16 – The LHC Police came back and separated us to calm down the situation.
#17 – My claim to be a local was only to show that we share common courtesy rules in the channel and that no one, including the locals, “owns” the channel and can save a spot.
#18 – By the way, even the LHC Police explained to your wife that there are no saving spots in the channel.
#19 – Recommendation: Next time, before you fire off on someone based on someone’s remark, you might want to assess the situation and come talk to the person about it before you challenge them to a fight. You might find that it’s not the situation you think it is.
#20 – Finally, I have no beef with you, your wife, your family or your friends, but please as you started with this…….can’t we all just get along. Rest assured any time you want to pull in next to me, I will happily move my boat to make room for you. I hope you would do the same.
To Union Jack:

jackpunx
04-13-2004, 02:00 PM
wow.. now thats a small world

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
it is a small world with a great post.... ;)

hd&boatrider
04-13-2004, 02:10 PM
I knew a SW owner could clear this all up :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 02:19 PM
I will take a box of Red Vines and a coke please & a large box of popcorn with extra butter. :)
RD
coke.. what happen to the coors.. and can we join you.. maybe I shouldn't talk to much shit. I may have to defend myself.. :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
:D :D

little rowe boat
04-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Yah Union jack is going to go tell his wife, that she is a liar,yah right.Lets sit back and watch the fireworks.

91nordic29
04-13-2004, 02:26 PM
perspective is a funny thing. the further away from the situation you are, the more of it you have.
what a trip. it IS a small world.

rivercrazy
04-13-2004, 02:27 PM
I just wonder how much UJ's cat insurance is gonna be after washing down that cop at the sandbar! :D

Her454
04-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Yah Union jack is going to go tell his wife, that she is a liar,yah right.Lets sit back and watch the fireworks.
Maybe ***boat will gain a new Female Member..........:cool:
I'll take some of that popcorn. ;)

NorCal Gameshow
04-13-2004, 02:33 PM
i've got the popcorn, soda....the drive in speakers are cranked up...
but i think i pulled in to the theater to late the movie's prolly
over:(
(nice to have to sides..not sure which one is true ...but i have an idea...)

redneckgirl
04-13-2004, 02:36 PM
" Anyway, he read the thread (he's not a member) and asked me "
DHO when is your buddy going to sign up on HB???? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_2_16.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')
RNG

OGShocker
04-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Keeeerrrrr SMACK!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Scream
04-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by h2oski2fast
As for the Havasu local spoutin his mouth off, I would have knock his tooth out and proceeded to explain to him that Havasu would still be a dump if it wasn't for all the revenue the was brought to the city by weekenders.:p :p :p
That's pretty funny actually,
This thread has more twist than a pretzel factory.
Who's on first?

Ducatista
04-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Thats funnier than shit...UnionJack must be a rookie, leavin' wifey at the channel for a couple of hours to hold a spot while he is out goofin' around...............just perfect! I'm sorry but it's nice to hear the other side of the story sometimes. Just sittin' hear shakin' my head and laughin' my ass off!:D

Dr. Eagle
04-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Scream
That's pretty funny actually,
This thread has more twist than a pretzel factory.
Who's on first?
Reminds me of an Agatha Christy Novel......:D

OGShocker
04-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Union?
It's OK. You did what you thought was right. You are not the first guy to buy a "he was mean to me" story.
You did the honorable thing!..... Then you posted it here.:rolleyes:
You can drink beer with us.... Just wait til my boat is at a dead stop on the beach first..;)

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
" Anyway, he read the thread (he's not a member) and asked me "
DHO when is your buddy going to sign up on HB???? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_2_16.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')
RNG
I think this thread just might suck him in (who knows)! I told him about the site 2 weeks ago. I think he's given it a look here and there.

jbtrailerjim
04-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Thats funnier than shit...UnionJack must be a rookie, leavin' wifey at the channel for a couple of hours to hold a spot while he is out goofin' around...............just perfect! I'm sorry but it's nice to hear the other side of the story sometimes. Just sittin' hear shakin' my head and laughin' my ass off!:D
Yeah, no shit . That is funny. I'm thinkin my wife would be kinda pissed if I left her and the kid's in the channel on a busy weekend for a couple hours and Oh, hold the spot for us too.
Taylor, what are ya thinkin?;) :p :D

Ziggy
04-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Yeah, no shit . That is funny. I'm thinkin my wife would be kinda pissed if I left her and the kid's in the channel on a busy weekend for a couple hours and Oh, hold the spot for us too.
Taylor, what are ya thinkin?;) :p :D
Trying to be a good wife and saving the spot went to far

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 03:06 PM
well she won't save his spot anymore.. LOL!! :D

hoolign
04-13-2004, 03:10 PM
she probably wont have her spot filled tonight either :eek:

Three Days Only
04-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Union,
Your wife is pretty hot, I wouldnt leave her in the channel for any amount of time, the dick bandits always have their radar out!!!
Too All,
What is up with this summer starting off so violently. All I hear about on the boards is all the A-holes, & fights. Everyone just needs to mind their own business and watch out for yourself and the others around you. All the fighting and bullshit that is going on at the river will just make the cops tighten down on all of us that much more. The drama out there is just killing me, might just be time to start playing out in the pacific or ship the boat to back to Florida. People respect other boaters out there, we should all take a lesson.
3DO

welk2party
04-13-2004, 03:13 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_71.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')

Her454
04-13-2004, 03:13 PM
That and she'll be sleepin in the wet spot for awhile. :):)

little rowe boat
04-13-2004, 03:18 PM
If he says he doesn't believe her,there wont be a wet spot.:D

Three Days Only
04-13-2004, 03:19 PM
NO SHIT..
Seems like every day there's some thread.. "A-hole this.. a-hole that" I usually have a pretty good time with no problems?
RD
Im hoping that it is just the spring breakers, and that it will calm down alittle bit, once the usuals roll in. I hope, I hope

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Im hoping that it is just the spring breakers, and that it will calm down alittle bit, once the usuals roll in. I hope, I hope
it usually does. so not many worries.. ;)

Her454
04-13-2004, 03:20 PM
If he says he doesn't believe her,there wont be a wet spot.:D
:D LMAO so true........................

NorCal Gameshow
04-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Her 454 is on a roll ....

Her454
04-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
Her 454 is on a roll ....
Always happen when I drink in the afternoon. :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I guess this means I need to keep my mouth shut.. :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Her454
you go girl.. I will join you in about 1/2 hr.. :D :D

rivercrazy
I think that is an outstanding idea RD! :D

NorCal Gameshow
That's classic....i'm gonna have to borrow that line from ya' BB

little rowe boat
I guess this means I need to keep my mouth shut.. :D :D
Depends on what your doing with it.:D

NorCal Gameshow
04-13-2004, 03:26 PM
I guess this means I need to keep my mouth shut.. :D :D NAH, think mervyn's commercial...open, open, open

MRS FLYIN VEE
Depends on what your doing with it.:D
LMAO!! did you understand what I was saying.. I hate it when I talk with my mouth full, but the mr. doesn't mind.. as long as he keeps it full.. LOL!! :D

Three Days Only
If not you can always come down to Parker where we don't really have those kinda problems.. LOL :D
RD
Yeah right, you guys would get a real kick out of my 36' cat down on parker. That would piss off some of the folks down there, just alittle bit.

NorCal Gameshow
04-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Her454
keep it up...:D
do they allow gameshow boats on CFW?:D

Her454
04-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
keep it up...:D
do they allow gameshow boats on CFW?:D
If it floats, bring it. :):)

NastyOne
04-13-2004, 03:39 PM
I am going to have to also say that once you leave your spot in the channel it is fair game. Did you really think you'd get it back? You cant play the "tap tap" its mine game. And I would like to here the other guys side of the story. I dont belive he is dumb enough to just ram your wife while she is in the water being an "angle". (Still no reason to hit anyone though)
Ha! I knew I was right! Your wife gave you the "he's a bad man story" when she was the one to start the shit.
God Damn I'm Good!:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Ha! I knew I was right! Your wife gave you the "he's a bad man story" when she was the one to start the shit.
God Damn I'm Good!:D
LMAO!! :D
but I still don't talk shit.. LOL!! :D :D

mirvin
04-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I love you guys:)
mirvin

Her454
04-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Tick Tock Tick Tock.....damn I hope Union Jack has a computer at home...........

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 03:49 PM
if not lets gets him one.. :rolleyes: :D

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 03:50 PM
I think alot of us are waiting...I shouldn't be sayin' shit as I'm only the "information conduit"! I noticed the stat below on the home page...
There are currently 103 members and 83 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 217 on 04-13-2004 at 03:17 PM.

Havasu Hangin'
04-13-2004, 03:54 PM
So who is the badass little "Aunt Jamima" lookin guy with the bandana?
As for kids playing in the channel...lest we forget that:
1. The channel is the least likely spot to see nudity (cops patrol it with a passion).
2. The channel is a wakeless zone, so one of the least dangerous places for boat traffic.
3. There is a park and a dog walk next to the channel- if they don't want kids there...better re-plan the city.
As for saving spots, it's all a matter of perception. What are the guidelines? There are no guidelines...so basically, if someone is an asshole...that's where you'll see it come out.
Over the years I've been going there...if someone doesn't want me to pull in, I don't. Who wants to be parked for hours next to someone who doesn't want you there anyway?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 03:56 PM
who said anyone was with aunt jamima and her bandana? ;)

Havasu Hangin'
04-13-2004, 03:59 PM
who said anyone was with aunt jamima and her bandana? ;)
Maybe "Survivor Buffs" are the new hot river gear this year?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Maybe "Survivor Buffs" are the new hot river gear this year?
so was the other guys tryin to look badass and stole aunt jamima's bandana.. LMAO!! :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-13-2004, 04:06 PM
You know I usually get the jokes on here.. but that one went right over my head.. ???
Dammit HH, you know you gotta keep it somewhat simple for us southern boyz. Us Parker folk don't keep up with sophisticated humour ya know.
RD
Only $59.95 for the complete set...
http://store.cbs.com/gfx_catalog/item/8445_lrg.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:09 PM
aunt jamima..... :D

Blown 472
04-13-2004, 04:10 PM
So who is the badass little "Aunt Jamima" lookin guy with the bandana?
As for kids playing in the channel...lest we forget that:
1. The channel is the least likely spot to see nudity (cops patrol it with a passion).
2. The channel is a wakeless zone, so one of the least dangerous places for boat traffic.
3. There is a park and a dog walk next to the channel- if they don't want kids there...better re-plan the city.
As for saving spots, it's all a matter of perception. What are the guidelines? There are no guidelines...so basically, if someone is an asshole...that's where you'll see it come out.
Over the years I've been going there...if someone doesn't want me to pull in, I don't. Who wants to be parked for hours next to someone who doesn't want you there anyway?
I see it as a lack of respect and common sense, if there are kids playing and some woman sitting there, then a boat must have brought them there and is gone right now. How stupid are these people?

NorCal Gameshow
04-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
I see it as a lack of respect and common sense, if there are kids playing and some woman sitting there, then a boat must have brought them there and is gone right now. How stupid are these people?
that depends if the kids were really ever there...
couldn't resist

Havasu Hangin'
04-13-2004, 04:14 PM
aunt jamima..... :D
So I guess the rules to "Survivor- the Havasu Channel" is...
Outlast (for parking spaces)
Outwit (women and children)
...and when your bandana doesn't scare away the men who show up after you harassed some women and children...run and get a big friend (because you forgot that the bandana needs gym time to be effective).

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:17 PM
...and when your bandana doesn't scare away the men who show up after you harassed some women and children...run and get a big friend (because you forgot that the bandana needs gym time to be effective).
well I wouldn't have ran If thats what you mean.. LOL!! :D I don't run from anyone if there talking shit to me or anyone else that I know. so do you want to hook up with us and tip back a few.. I will even bring the bandana.. But all I have is red and blue.. LMAO!! :D :D J/K

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 04:22 PM
I don't know about the bandana, but it sounds like your talking about my bud in the boat? He told me (and posted) he didn't see any kids where he was going to beach. He also told me (and posted) that a guy on the pontoon wanted to fight. I wasn't there but it sounds like there was more than just UJ on his boat and this other person on the pontoon. Even 2to1 is outnumbered. Would you call for your friend to watch your back? You're also saying he's harrassing women and children? wow.

jbtrailerjim
04-13-2004, 04:22 PM
LMAO....HH, your cracking me up.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I've got my drink F**k the popcorn.. :D

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Pontoon?? Union Jack has a pontoon as well?
I thought he had a DCB F-26??
:D :D I'm thinking Dry heats only's buddy might have had the same encounter with someone else?
RD
LOL. He mentioned a pontoon pulled in at the same time. The dude that wanted to fight was on or near the pontoon.

Havasu Hangin'
04-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
I don't know about the bandana, but it sounds like your talking about my bud in the boat? He told me (and posted) he didn't see any kids where he was going to beach.
Well, shit. I'm sorry...I didn't know he posted that. If he posted that, it must be true...because posts are always truthful.
Oh wait...he didn't actually post it...he had someone do it for him. Therefore, it is twice as accurate.
He also told me (and posted) that a guy on the pontoon wanted to fight. I wasn't there but it sounds like there was more than just UJ on his boat and this other person on the pontoon. Even 2to1 is outnumbered.
Now, I know GRASS PAY$. Although he is a little chubby...he in no way looks like two people. I also assume that Aunt Jemima told you that she ran for help faster than you can say "tribal council"...
However, my bad. If he posted (through a third party) something different, then it must be true.
Would you call for your friend to watch your back? You're also saying he's harrassing women and children? wow.
Now DryHeavesOnly...let's assume your post is correct (it must be...it's in writing).
If you pulled up, and there was a woman who didn't want you there...it takes a tough guy in a bandana to tell her to go pound sand...
...would you guys have acted the same if the men were around?

Kilrtoy
04-13-2004, 04:38 PM
i go to work and miss all this

hd&boatrider
LOL. He mentioned a pontoon pulled in at the same time. The dude that wanted to fight was on or near the pontoon.
DHO--I know you are kind of new around here....some friendly advice...If you take on HH it can become quite unpleasant and comical at the same time :).
My advice (I know, unsolicited) would be to just let your friend respond to all of this. Sometimes it is best to take a step back and just say WTF!:eek:
Glad to hear you are as happy with the SW as I am. Those white caps at Mohave over the weekend did not scare me one bit :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
stay the f**k home then.. :D :D
where are my pasties.. LOL!! :D

JetBoatRich
04-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
i go to work and miss all this
almost 8 full pages of it:( can someone sum it up:eek:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
DHO--I know you are kind of new around here....some friendly advice...If you take on HH it can become quite unpleasant and comical at the same time :).
My advice (I know, unsolicited) would be to just let your friend respond to all of this. Sometimes it is best to take a step back and just say WTF!:eek:
Glad to hear you are as happy with the SW as I am. Those white caps at Mohave over the weekend did not scare me one bit :)
I will agree.. HH is on his shit.. I don't mess with him either.. although I'm a girl and he won't mess with me too much anyway. But I won't take advantage of it.. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
all guilty.. LOL!! J/K :D

Kim Hanson
04-13-2004, 04:43 PM
LOL! :D You missed my first reference to you! Hey, when you need to make someone the target of sarchasm and don't want any angry responses, RD is your man.;) My bad, early drinker sarchasm should be directed at Kim.:D
Oh, yeah...****-you!:D ......( . )( . )....I will ram you!:D

jbtrailerjim
04-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
I just got off the phone with Grass Pay$ and I'll gaurantee it's gonna be a lot more than 8 pages after tonight. I'm gonna get the popcorn ready for later.;) :D

Kilrtoy
04-13-2004, 04:44 PM
I not scared of HH, Just cus he has 10 radar detectors in his car, doesnt make him tuff, I even heard he has a few on his boat to make sure its not speeding while being towed.:D :D :D :D
I was thinking of you today HH

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Well, shit. I'm sorry...I didn't know he posted that. If he posted that, it must be true...because posts are always truthful.
Oh wait...he didn't actually post it...he had someone do it for him. Therefore, it is twice as accurate.
Now, I know GRASS PAY$. Although he is a little chubby...he in no way looks like two people. I also assume that Aunt Jemima told you that she ran for help faster than you can say "tribal council"...
However, my bad. If he posted (through a third party) something different, then it must be true.
Now DryHeavesOnly...let's assume your post is correct (it must be...it's in writing).
If you pulled up, and there was a woman who didn't want you there...it takes a tough guy in a bandana to tell her to go pound sand...
...would you guys have acted the same if the men were around?
Not sure why you're getting on me (we haven't even met!). I wasn't there, so I couldn't tell you what I'd do in that exact situation. But since I'm new to the channel, I'd probably just find another spot (I don't know your "rules", but I'm a pretty acommodating person). He's not new to the channel so I guess he has a different mentality about it.

JetBoatRich
04-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I just got off the phone with Grass Pay$ and I'll gaurantee it's gonna be a lot more than 8 pages after tonight. I'm gonna get the popcorn ready for later.;) :D
you need some
http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/drama.gif

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Aww shit - now you tell me! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 04:57 PM
LMAO!! :D

hd&boatrider
04-13-2004, 04:59 PM
lol!

Speedin' Ian
04-13-2004, 05:04 PM
This stuff is funny, you can really see two sides forming, too bad I'm going to class I'd really like to watch this unfold.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
call us when you have no class.. LOL!! :D

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm gonna miss the next few hours too. Gotta go home, then to a school function.
DHO (3rd party) ;)

Speedin' Ian
04-13-2004, 05:14 PM
I may have to, I'll be gone for at least three and a half hours, just imagine how late I'll have to stay up tonight to catch up on all the posts I'll miss.:D . Or maybe I can give someone my cell and they can just text message me every new post:eek: .

fourspeednup
04-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
I may have to, I'll be gone for at least three and a half hours, just imagine how late I'll have to stay up tonight to catch up on all the posts I'll miss.:D . Or maybe I can give someone my cell and they can just text message me every new post:eek: .
Seriously! I'm out in 5 min for an evening bio lab and it's supposed to drag on for 3.5 hours tonight:yuk: Knowing my luck the thread will be locked by the time I get done---it's already heading in that direction:rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
04-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by DryHeavesOnly
DryHeavesOnly...don't listen to these schmucks (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/1193/aliens01.wav)...I am the kindest person (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/44722/stripes08.wav) on the boards (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/1193/aliens03.wav).
Not sure why you're getting on me (we haven't even met!).
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/suicide.gif
Are you sure about that (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/50017/lies12.wav)?
...I'd probably just find another spot...
That's my point (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/48252/topgun04.wav). No rules other than common courtesy (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/50017/lies09.wav). Maybe someone should pass it on to Aunt Jamima (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/45311/tango09.wav).

hd&boatrider
04-13-2004, 05:34 PM
LMAO!
DryHeavesOnly...don't listen to these schmucks (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/1193/aliens01.wav)...I am the kindest person (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/44722/stripes08.wav) on the boards (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/1193/aliens03.wav).
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/suicide.gif
Are you sure about that (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/50017/lies12.wav)?
That's my point (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/48252/topgun04.wav). No rules other than common courtesy (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/50017/lies09.wav). Maybe someone should pass it on to Aunt Jamima (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/45311/tango09.wav).

Phat Matt
04-13-2004, 05:37 PM
HH, that last post took so time and thought. Nice job. (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/37075/real03.wav) :)

Jrocket
04-13-2004, 05:51 PM
call us when you have no class.. LOL!! :D
LMAO :D

Havasu Cig
04-13-2004, 05:53 PM
A guy's wife did the same thing to us a couple of years ago (assuming Dryheats story is factual).
I was pulling into a spot in the channel in our Mach 26, which had a blower motor so slow speed manuevering was not the best, and was squeezing into a tight spot. I am about a boat length away from beaching the boat and this drunk bitch starts running towards the bow of my boat saying I can't park there. Well sorry, but at this point there is no way I can stop my boat without risking hitting one of the boats on either side.
I yell at her to get out of the way, but she gets into the water to try and stop my boat. I shut the motor off like I always do so I don't suck sand into the motor, and the bitch grabs the bow of my boat which is still traveling towards the beach. She falls down under my boat (obviously not very smart thinking she could stop my boat) and ends up on the ground between the sponsons.
When she gets up she starts talking major shit, which I try to ignore. She then starts putting her now sand covered hands on my boat while she is yelling at me telling me she was saving the spot. Now I am pissed because the bitch is going to scratch my boat. I tell her to "Get the **** away from my boat you drunk bitch" at which point her husband, which is a couple boats away starts talking shit. I told her husband to come get some, but he decided not to. I told him he needed to control his wife or she was going to get his ass kicked.
Well that is one of many stories I have about problems with people in the channel. One time the Police got involved and they did say there was no saving spots in the channel.
On a slow weekend with plenty of space I say do what you want. If it is busy and you are spread out over several spots with beach chairs ect...you need to make room for people that want to park. The kids can play between the boats in the water, they don't need 20' of private beach.
We have already decided to avoid the channel more in the future because of problems like this. just my.02

Three Days Only
04-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
the bitch grabs the bow of my boat which is still traveling towards the beach. She falls down under my boat (obviously not very smart thinking she could stop my boat) and ends up on the ground between the sponsons.
Too bad she fell between the sponsons, hehe :D :D

mbrown2
04-13-2004, 06:30 PM
If not you can always come down to Parker where we don't really have those kinda problems.. LOL :D
RD
Could not have said it better myself...in 5 trips this year....0 run-ins with Aholes in Parker....now Havasu; well I will leave it at that...
Enough with the drama...lets start boating:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 06:32 PM
vroooom vrooooom.. :D

GRASS PAY$
04-13-2004, 06:33 PM
So here’s how the story goes. Got a call from UJ’s wife that 2 boats pulled up on opposite sides of my pontoon. UJ’s wife said 1 boat hit her and the other almost took out my kids. When I arrived I got of my boat and on the pontoon. I asked who the driver of the boat was (the 22 disadvantage sport cat). I was told “Don’t worry about it, it’s been handled.” I said “No, it hasn’t been handled”. Before I even said a word to him, the pussy with the bandanna (Aunt Jamima) runs off. The other guy told me to “Shut the F*** up or no one is going to move”. That guy and some old guy that looked like Barney 5 start to get in my face. When “Chisel” shows up, veins popping from his neck, itching for another cycle of roids, being escorted down Princess (Aunt Jamima) who is skipping down the beach pointing at me and yelling “That’s the guy who wants to fight” “Want to fight now?”. Let me remind you that I’m still standing alone with the women and children. Princess was basically standing behind chisel egging him on to kick my ass when the cops showed up.
Hey we got there early to get a spot so my family could enjoy the day. The wife was driving the pontoon, UJ’s boat, my 28, and another buddy in his 29 DCB. UJ and I took off for a quick run to the sandbar to test a prop. We went there and back doing an average speed of about 90 mph. Do the math, there is no way we were gone for 2 hours.
I’ve saved spots and been turned away from spots. It goes both ways, but I’ve never and would never stoop as low as invading on some women with their kids playing and sitting the water waiting for their husbands to come back. That’s like taking candy from a kid.
The guy who talked to my wife told her that he was a local and he had a right to park wherever, that the channel was not a swim area (as his kid plays with my kid’s toys – the ones they ran over). To say that the channel is not a place for kids is ridicules. I grew up at the river and want my kids to experience the same.
Hey, I still enjoyed my weekend and will enjoy this one coming up. Hell, maybe I’ll even buy princess a beer, no wait - a daiquiri.
:)

mmered8299
04-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Times like that when Its me against the world. Dont you just wish you could kick but like Chuck Norris or Steven Segel.:mad:

Jrocket
04-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by GRASS PAY$
Hey, I still enjoyed my weekend and will enjoy this one coming up. Hell, maybe I’ll even buy princess a beer, no wait - a daiquiri.
:)
Too funny. LMAO :D

betty boop
04-13-2004, 07:20 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-002.gif

Havasu Hangin'
04-13-2004, 07:22 PM
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/pimpslap.gif

cola
04-13-2004, 07:24 PM
I was parked a few boats down, UJ & Grass Pays had been in & out a few times. I was standing there while the girls talked it over with the LHPD. There were still parking spots on down a little. Also when the boys returned they found a place to park. So it wasn't the last spot in the channel.
I would also like to say I'am sorry if the loud boys on my boat Sat. pissed off anyone.
Late, Mike

betty boop
04-13-2004, 07:27 PM
oh yeah......
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-060.gif

Essex29
04-13-2004, 07:31 PM
It's a shame nobody stepped up to help out your wife...I'll tell you what ( in my best Hank Hill voice) if that shit ever happens in front of me..it's on...you don't mess with a lady when she's got her kid's!!:mad:

DeltaSigBoater
04-13-2004, 07:35 PM
9 pages of posts... i picked a bad to do homework

Jrocket
04-13-2004, 07:40 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/1/sign26.gif

betty boop
04-13-2004, 07:42 PM
http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/whoopass.gif

Havasu Hangin'
04-13-2004, 07:43 PM
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/14711.jpg

betty boop
04-13-2004, 07:47 PM
http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/boid.gif

cola
04-13-2004, 07:50 PM
I didn't see it go down. The girls had walked down to where we were standing to talk to LHPD. I knew it would be on when the boys returned. I though they handled with less drama then this has turned into.
Late, Mike :cool:

UnionJack
04-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Well I have been out all day running TFB Motorsports, and I come home to this.... Well there is one truth to the whole thing, there are three sides to a story; mine, yours, and the truth, and since we will never get to the truth, whatever. I think the whole thing went south to fast, we were only gone once that day unless you include the walk to breakfast. When I arrived on location most of the crap was already done, I was floating in the channel like a bobber, watching my wife, police and friends play the he said she said game. When it was all over a spot was made for me and I pulled in, and that was it. That is pretty much all I have to say on the subject. It's all good we go to the river for one reason, to unwind, we all need to remember that. :)

Kachina26
04-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Well there you have folks, goodnight.

JetBoatRich
04-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Well there you have folks, goodnight.
before I finished my popcorn;)

Jrocket
04-13-2004, 08:01 PM
http://www.gifs-paradies.de/smilies/00001661.gif http://www.gifs-paradies.de/smilies/00001601.gif

Jrocket
04-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Well I have been out all day running TFB Motorsports
Well since you threw out the bait,I will ask.What is TFB Motorsports?

UnionJack
04-13-2004, 08:06 PM
I am UJ's wife! There are no hard feelings to anyone! I was doing what any good B*$#h would do, try to save my boat the spot we had been in all morning! I understand the so called "RULE", however I have just as much of a right to chill in a chair at the waters edge! True I did tell the guy we were waiting for my husband and Grass Pays and his reply was extremely nasty! Had the reply been " hey no prob we'll make room when he gets here" I'd been perfectly happy! Someone else had looked to the spot earlier but continued on to one of the many openings down! That's respect! We all know we would do the same!

cola
04-13-2004, 08:06 PM
The point I was trying to make was, he could have found another spot. My mistake I though you were changing props on your boat around the corner a little earlier.

betty boop
04-13-2004, 08:14 PM
http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/zbj.gif

betty boop
04-13-2004, 08:16 PM
was to be for jrocket....
http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/ot.gif

Dr. Eagle
04-13-2004, 08:18 PM
oh yeah......
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-060.gif
You enjoying this free for all Boopster?:confused: :D

betty boop
04-13-2004, 08:22 PM
who me????? http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif

Jrocket
04-13-2004, 08:26 PM
was to be for jrocket....
http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/ot.gif
http://www.gifs-paradies.de/smilies/00000692.gif

Dr. Eagle
04-13-2004, 08:32 PM
who me????? http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif
well, yeah.....:D

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 09:32 PM
That’s some funny shit HavasuHangin’byaThread!
I’m glad everything simmered down with the exception of some name-calling.
Mr. & Mrs. UJ, it sucks that shit like this happens, but it does. You two showed a great attitude with your last posts.
Now, GrassPays, maybe some anger-management classes might be in order???? LOL j/k :D
I was told that the driver of the other boat is a fireman (I know you didn’t know that). He’s got enough going on without having to put up with potential violence in the channel (do you feel guilty now? j/k ;) ). “Chisel” – LMFAO! I’ve never met him, but I heard that’s how he looks.
Seriously now, I hope to meet you guys (and many other forum members) in the channel or somewhere else on the river. I’ll be the one (along with the wife and kids) with the big-ass-smile on his face in our new flamed Shockwave. We’re bringing her out this coming weekend for the first real trip. Maybe I can catch you in between those 90MPH runs (fock)!
I guess my bud isn’t going to register here, but I can’t blame him…it would suck to join a forum in a potential hostile environment. I know this dude, and he’s not into that. Oh well.
That’s the end of my commentary. Thanks for reading. Carry on.
DryHeav
I mean,
DryHeatOnly

hot_diggity_dog
04-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by mmered8299
Times like that when Its me against the world. Dont you just wish you could kick but like Chuck Norris or Steven Segel.:mad:
;) :D
HDD:cool:

DryHeatOnly
04-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Sounds like it.. :D he's into getting "chisel" into solving his hostile enviroments for him. :D :D (j/k)
RD
LOL :D
Hey, in all this, I became a 'Senior Member' with over 100 posts. Yeah baby!

PlyaPlya22
04-13-2004, 09:50 PM
Damn did I miss all the stone casting??? I hate it when that shit happens:D

PlyaPlya22
04-13-2004, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I personally think you were at the messuse (sp) KILR:D :eek!:

LASERRAY
04-13-2004, 10:26 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Glad he steered around this landmine!;) :cool:

GRASS PAY$
04-14-2004, 06:47 AM
Dry Heat
Yeah, I knew the other guy was LAFD, that still doesn't give him a reason to act the way he did. As for anger management classes, I think I'll pass. But your buddy (aka Aunt Jamima) did skip down the beach with a bit of talent, perhaps he should look into ballet classes. Nothing against you DH but does your friend always have someone else do the dirty for him? This is getting out of hand. But next time I get a call from UJ's wife at the river I know to just let it ring. :confused::D

OGShocker
04-14-2004, 06:52 AM
DAMN! I left work yesterday at 4PM. There were 5 pages in here. Y'all were busy last night!
I will take the time to read these..... I need a chuckle:D

91nordic29
04-14-2004, 07:02 AM
can't we all just get a long..
neck and chill?!:cool:

DryHeatOnly
04-14-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by GRASS PAY$
Dry Heat
Yeah, I knew the other guy was LAFD, that still doesn't give him a reason to act the way he did. As for anger management classes, I think I'll pass. But your buddy (aka Aunt Jamima) did skip down the beach with a bit of talent, perhaps he should look into ballet classes. Nothing against you DH but does your friend always have someone else do the dirty for him? This is getting out of hand. But next time I get a call from UJ's wife at the river I know to just let it ring. :confused::D
I'll have to ask him about those moves! LOL :D
I'm sure everyone was fired up a bit. I'm not sure about his dirty work tactics, but I think a little courtesy and reasoning from everyone could have saved the day. From what I understand, after everything settled down, there was peace once again. I'm glad it didn't escalate.
DHO

Blown 472
04-14-2004, 07:06 AM
I'll have to ask him about those moves! LOL :D
I'm sure everyone was fired up a bit. I'm not sure about his dirty work tactics, but I think a little courtesy and reasoning from everyone could have saved the day. From what I understand, after everything settled down, there was peace once again. I'm glad it didn't escalate.
DHO
So lemme get this right you have an LAFD guy acting like an ass? now there is some ethics.

OGShocker
04-14-2004, 07:08 AM
I am trying to get this thread to 20 pages.....
F.O.R.D.'s SUCK!

XTRM22
04-14-2004, 07:31 AM
I'm glad it didn't escalate.
DHO
This would be the most important point to me. It's a shame when this stuff happens, but the fact that it didn't escalate is a credit to everybody involved.:)
Chuck

Jrocket
04-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
So lemme get this right you have an LAFD guy acting like an ass? now there is some ethics.
Yeah no kidding.He's probably one of those guys that pulls the boat in the fast lane,better yet the carpool lane and thinks he's got the world by the balls!

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-14-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
I am trying to get this thread to 20 pages.....
F.O.R.D.'s SUCK!
I will agree with that.. LMAO!! :D

Jrocket
04-14-2004, 08:08 AM
I will agree with that.. LMAO!! :D
What are you think'n woman?:D

betty boop
04-14-2004, 08:12 AM
i agree with you mrsvee - FORDS SUCK
http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/blazer-gray.gif

NastyOne
04-14-2004, 08:18 AM
Well I have been out all day running TFB Motorsports
Enter shameless plug here.

NastyOne
04-14-2004, 08:19 AM
woops

NastyOne
04-14-2004, 08:21 AM
i agree with you mrsvee - FORDS SUCK
http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/blazer-gray.gif
LOL. They should make that in white with a black smiley... hehe (OJ)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-14-2004, 08:21 AM
I was brought up in a Chevy family and I can even work on my own car.. no mechanic needed.. :D

betty boop
04-14-2004, 08:24 AM
this is what i want....
http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/moped.gif

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-14-2004, 08:25 AM
LMAO!! :D :D
MrsFlyinVee... :( :( Ford's do not suck.
RD
your an exception.. I can drive your's.. :D :D

betty boop
04-14-2004, 08:27 AM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/auto/car-smiley-030.gif

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-14-2004, 08:43 AM
I was told that the driver of the other boat is a fireman (I know you didn’t know that). He’s got enough going on without having to put up with potential violence in the channel (do you feel guilty now? j/k ;) ).
What does being a fireman have to do with anything? Firefighters are not gods. They are people and many of them are a$$holes, just like the rest of the population. I appreciate the work they do, but I'm not going to treat someone special just because I find out he's a fireman. Give me a break!

Mandelon
04-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Hey, are you saving that spot? :confused:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-14-2004, 08:54 AM
[B]Hi Union Jack. I was going to lunch today with a few buds when one of them starts telling us about something that happened to him at Havasu on Sunday...and wouldn't you know it!!! I told him I had just got through reading this thread. I gave him a few highlights. Anyway, he read the thread (he's not a member) and asked me to post this for him.
DryHeatOnly
#17 – My claim to be a local was only to show that we share common courtesy rules in the channel and that no one, including the locals, “owns” the channel and can save a spot.
By the way, I was just wondering how this guy was a "local" in havasu and having lunch in the 909 (or perhaps OC) with Dry Heat Only on a Tuesday? This has been buggin' me since yesterday.

jackpunx
04-14-2004, 08:56 AM
I think Im really digging Parker more and more everytime I see a post like this..

NastyOne
04-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Hey, are you saving that spot? :confused:
Ya... and my big bad husdand will be back with our Big Bad Boat in like two hours so get the **** outa here!

AdrenelineOD
04-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Maybe he`s local on sat and sun only.

NastyOne
04-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Maybe he`s local on sat and sun only.
LOL.... I'm a local on the weekends too.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-14-2004, 08:58 AM
:rolleyes: :D :D

little rowe boat
04-14-2004, 09:14 AM
CHEVY SUCKS

Tremor Therapy
04-14-2004, 09:15 AM
11 pages....wow! And it all explains why I don't spend any weekend or holiday time at either the Sand Bar, the Channel, or at Copper Canyon. There are always some a'holes who think they own the world, and act like it the entire time.
I'm telling you, one of these a'holes is gonna be a tough guy, and beat up somebody one day, get a 9mm in the forehead, and get these areas closed for good! WE all go there to unwind, and have good time. Why can't you just extend that karma to all parties? I mean hell, this story could be about boat launching and retreival antics as well!

little rowe boat
04-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
What does being a fireman have to do with anything? Firefighters are not gods. They are people and many of them are a$$holes, just like the rest of the population. I appreciate the work they do, but I'm not going to treat someone special just because I find out he's a fireman. Give me a break!
No special treatment is wanted,just get f-out of my way when I'm responding code 3.:D

OGShocker
04-14-2004, 09:29 AM
CHEVY SUCKS Yup they do! They suck F.O.R.D.'s into the intake and out through the tailpipe...:D