PDA

View Full Version : When will we start Prosecuting

Her454
04-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Stupid parents that continue to have children and let them die?
The excuse "they have suffered enough" is bullshit and doesn't fly anymore. THEY SHOULD GO TO JAIL. An "accident" in my mind is something that is not done on PURPOSE! I'm getting sick of reading about dead kids that were left alone in hot cars, or with dangerous dogs, drowning due to lack of supervision etc. WTH?
I NEVER endangered my daughter or left her unattended or forgot her somewhere...what the hell is up with that anyway?
I constantly see kids left in cars and now another death that could have been avoided if the parents had used some sense.
3 Adults from Wisconsin leave 4 children in the car 2,3 4 and 6 while they go in for an interview. Only 15 minutes.....safe? HELL NO. The kids started messing with buttons, as kids will do...and the 6 year old had his head out the window while another child rolled up the window...he died from strangulation. Obviously the keys had to be left in the vehicle also. Another smart move. The Sheriff AND community see no reason to bring charges against the parents, as they "have suffered enough". WTF?
Am I just losing my mind here? Whats wrong with this picture?
They should be prosecuted and these STUPID parents should start to be held accountable!

LOWRIVER2
04-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Depends on if you live in a conservative or liberal area. Down here in Riverside Co., they recently sent a mother away for over 12years for killing her infant son. He died of a drug overdose of speed which was transported to him via the mother's breast milk.

78Eliminator
04-13-2004, 08:16 AM
Some kids never have a chance. Very sad.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 09:38 AM
in my opinion. they should be prosecuted in some way. If it was here in L.A they would have been taken in for child abuse and negligence and what ever else they came up with. sad story. :(

mirvin
04-13-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by LOWRIVER2
Depends on if you live in a conservative or liberal area. Down here in Riverside Co., they recently sent a mother away for over 12years for killing her infant son. He died of a drug overdose of speed which was transported to him via the mother's breast milk. f
WHat about the poor drug addicted mommy? doesn't she get any mercy? She's needy and it's not her fault she's a crack ***** and maybe we should give her some money and put her in some sort of program!!!;)
**DISCLAIMER** - The previous statement is dripping with sarcasm. Do not become confused.
mirvin

looky_lou
04-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Way too many crazy unfit parents out there. That is for sure.:(

Her454
04-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Not just parents...STUPID PEOPLE IN GENERAL. I was at the Nitro Nationals last year in Red Bluff....over 100 degrees out and they were asking over the loudspeaker that someone return to their vehicle and remove their DOG. How stupid! I think there is actually a law in Arizona that you cant leave your animals in the vehicle like that? Boatcop?
Also, the story on the radio this morning stated something about the law being legal to leave a child age 7 or older alone in a vehicle..this was in Wisconsin...but I think thats too young?:rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-13-2004, 10:17 AM
I also feel that is too young. I won't even leave my 10 year old in the car.. He may want to try and drive.. LOL!! serriously though. I won't just for the fact is he is only 10. that to me is too young but maybe I am just to protective of my kids. I don't know.. ;)

Her454
04-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
but maybe I am just to protective of my kids. I don't know.. ;)
Nope I dont think thats possible. :)

looky_lou
04-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Her454
Not just parents...STUPID PEOPLE IN GENERAL. I was at the Nitro Nationals last year in Red Bluff....over 100 degrees out and they were asking over the loudspeaker that someone return to their vehicle and remove their DOG. How stupid! I think there is actually a law in Arizona that you cant leave your animals in the vehicle like that? Boatcop?
Also, the story on the radio this morning stated something about the law being legal to leave a child age 7 or older alone in a vehicle..this was in Wisconsin...but I think thats too young?:rolleyes:
Common sense says you should never leave a child in a car by themselves ever. But there seems to be real shortage of common sense these days.:confused:

Ducatista
04-13-2004, 10:56 AM
This is a story that happened in my community....and this foster parent plea-bargained this to probation & communtiy service! They are dead beats, who use the foster care system at 750 bucks a kid per month, to finance they're lifestyle here in the great welfare state.
CALIFORNIA
2 Children Left in Hot Vehicle Die
The boys were forgotten for five hours in an SUV outside a Lancaster day-care center. They were the foster sons of the facility's owner.
By Wendy Thermos and Monte Morin
Times Staff Writers
July 9, 2003
Two children died of heat exposure Tuesday when they were left for five hours in a sport utility vehicle outside a day-care center in Lancaster as temperatures reached 100 degrees, authorities said.
The boys, 3 and 5, were the foster children of the day-care center's owner, Leslie Smoot, who at first told police that a miscommunication led to their being left in the Cadillac Escalade.
"She indicated she thought someone else would take them out of the vehicle," said Sheriff's Lt. Al Grotefend. Later, he said, "She indicated that she forgot to take them out of the car." He said that Smoot, 48, was "distraught, hysterical."
Emergency crews were called to A Child's Place at the corner of Fig and J avenues at 2 p.m. When they arrived, the children had been moved to a rear patio area of the center.
The older boy was dead. The younger one died half an hour later at Antelope Valley Medical Center, according to the Sheriff's Department.
Smoot told deputies that she and the boys had arrived at the center she runs with her husband about 9 a.m. She was unsure, she initially said, about whether she had thought her husband or an employee would bring the boys inside, Grotefend said. She returned to the car five hours later and discovered the bodies on the floor, he said. The older boy apparently had unstrapped the younger one from his car seat.
Smoot was taken to the sheriff's Lancaster station Tuesday night. Investigators were continuing to question her because of her conflicting explanations of the incident, Grotefend said. He said it was unclear whether she would face criminal charges, which could range from child endangerment to manslaughter.
Her biological child and another foster child were removed from her custody, Grotefend said.
Employees at the center would not talk about what had happened.
"We're dealing with a terrible tragedy here," said a woman who answered the telephone at the day-care center. "We're not giving stories to anybody."
Michelle Loar, a former neighbor who happened to be visiting a friend several doors away, said, "It's so preventable. It's just crazy to leave your kids in a car in the middle of summer."
Next-door neighbor Eldrin Waid, 67, described the owners of the day-care center as close friends and "real nice people" and said that they "take the kids out of the car every day the very first thing after they arrive."
The SUV was parked in a lot about 40 feet from the center, a converted single-family home of yellow stucco with a bright green door. Several trees rise more than 30 feet in the tidy frontyard, but the shade does not reach the parking lot, which can accommodate about 20 cars.
During the day, about 35 children attend the center, which operates around the clock and is co-owned by Smoot's husband, Larry. It was closed after the deaths.
Naeenah Edwards, 23, of Lancaster said her daughter has attended for three years but "is not going back."
The deaths were the first reported cases of hyperthermia in Southern California this year, according to 4 R Kids Sake, a nonprofit organization in Corona that tracks incidents of hyperthermia and promotes awareness of its risks.
"Summer brings the worst of these cases," said Laura Petersen, the group's co-founder. "The majority of them occur in July and August."
:rolleyes: