PDA

View Full Version : They did it, the bastards..

Racer277
03-31-2006, 06:43 AM
(March 29, 2006.)
From 10:30am -12:30pm Jeremy McGrath, Rick Johnson, Nathan Ramsey, and Andrew Short signed autographs in front of the Riverside County Administration Center in an attempt to show the County that as written this ordinance will restrict families from recreating together on their own property. Approximately two hundred parents and kids, many wearing the gear they ride in, attended the meeting and received autographed posters from some of the most respected names in the Industry.
The Off-Road Business Association (ORBA), the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), EcoLogic, The McGrath Family and several residents have been working with the county for the past 18 months on this issue. Ed Moreland, Vice President of Governmental Relations for the AMA added “despite thoughtful comment from national, state, and local rider organizations, small businesses, the California Off Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division and literally hundreds of riders in attendance, the Supervisors voted almost unanimously to criminalize families who recreate together on private property while offering no real solutions for penalizing those who are truly riding illegally.”
“Between the noise ordinance, which is the most restrictive of it’s kind that I have ever heard of, along with the OHV ordinance, the Supervisors have banned OHV use for the average property owner,” stated Meg Grossglass of ORBA. According to Jack McGrath, “The noise ordinance makes it impossible to start our motorcycles and the OHV ordinance makes us criminals when we ride them.”
David Hubbard, attorney for Ecologic, stated, ”I am very disappointed in the actions taken by the board today and my clients are looking at every political and legal alternative available.”

Dribble
03-31-2006, 07:39 AM
After reading the new Riverside County Ordinance I was shocked at how restrictive it is. This has to be fought in court. Placer county passed a noise ordinance in March 04 that basically says you can do whatever you want as long as the noise doesn't exceed 70db at the property line during the day and 55db at night. They won't enforce the ordinance unless someone complains.
Even though I am an 30 year dirt bike rider and AMA member, I supported the placer county oridinance, because I have idiot neighbors that buy each of their four kids new bikes every year or so (including slipper clutch KTM's and pocket bikes) and let them ride on their one acre as much as they want, at any time of day or evening. They have never taken them to one on the several OHV areas within 15 miles of here. When I tried to reach a compromise with them they basically told me to eat sh*t.
On a week night at 9:30 PM I went out and asked them to cool it and was told to get the fu*k off their property. I had no choice but to call the Sheriff. Thanks to the noise ordinance, I have finally been able to put a stop to it.
The fact is that this stupid Riverside ordinance was helped along by inconsiderate people like my asswipe neighbors. It seems to me that a simple noise limit (only taken if someone files a complaint) would work. It worked here.

Freak
03-31-2006, 07:59 AM
After reading the new Riverside County Ordinance I was shocked at how restrictive it is. This has to be fought in court. Placer county passed a noise ordinance in March 04 that basically says you can do whatever you want as long as the noise doesn't exceed 70db at the property line during the day and 55db at night. They won't enforce the ordinance unless someone complains.
Even though I am an 30 year dirt bike rider and AMA member, I supported the placer county oridinance, because I have idiot neighbors that buy each of their four kids new bikes every year or so (including slipper clutch KTM's and pocket bikes) and let them ride on their one acre as much as they want, at any time of day or evening. They have never taken them to one on the several OHV areas within 15 miles of here. When I tried to reach a compromise with them they basically told me to eat sh*t.
On a week night at 9:30 PM I went out and asked them to cool it and was told to get the fu*k off their property. I had no choice but to call the Sheriff. Thanks to the noise ordinance, I have finally been able to put a stop to it.
The fact is that this stupid Riverside ordinance was helped along by inconsiderate people like my asswipe neighbors. It seems to me that a simple noise limit (only taken if someone files a complaint) would work. It worked here.
I'm with you on this. I have an asswipe neighbor also. Who has built a MX track on his property.
Now his kids bikes are not bad. But his 450 4stroke with an aftermarket pipe is loud as hell and his buds come over and ride as well. I can hear it in my house. It would not be a problem once in a while but he rides 4-6 days out of the week after work and weekends. THEN through in the dust. Forget having company over or watching the game on TV. It's ridiculous.
My plan is to purchase an old jet boat with open dry header's. WHEN EVER he has company I'm firing it up!

wsuwrhr
03-31-2006, 08:02 AM
It feels good to live in "the land of the free, the home of the brave", that our fighting men and women are away from home defending other's freedoms.
Perhaps they should come back and fight for ours.
This issue is also a personal one for other reasons.
Brian

Dave C
03-31-2006, 08:46 AM
well at least their kids are riding their bikes and staying out of trouble rather than skipping school and protesting for a bunch of illegals....

Racer277
03-31-2006, 08:54 AM
well at least their kids are riding their bikes and staying out of trouble rather than skipping school and protesting for a bunch of illegals....
What do you bet the kids riding bikes will get more tickets than the ones skipping school. Hopefully the people assigned to enforce these restrictions will be more Andy and less Barney...

SummitKarl
03-31-2006, 09:05 AM
So Sean, I am guessing your moving to Havasu this weekend :rolleyes:
where you can ride legally just two blocks from your garage door,
oh and where you can ride legally on the track in the back lot of the Sheriff's substation :)
yes that's right you can ride WITH THE FUZZ!!!!!!!! :cool:

SHIFTY
03-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Sean Is Moving To Pine Flats. He Just Has To Buy A Jet Boat, And Lose A Few Teeth...

Dave C
03-31-2006, 09:10 AM
sure the bike riding kids may get more tickets but will probably spend less time incarcerated for gang activity....
keeping the kids busy keeps em out of trouble... thats all I meant. :crossx:
maybe we need to adopt the ol skateboarding moniker.... "motorcycle riding is not a crime"
What do you bet the kids riding bikes will get more tickets than the ones skipping school. Hopefully the people assigned to enforce these restrictions will be more Andy and less Barney...

Racer277
03-31-2006, 09:11 AM
:D :D :D

WYRD
03-31-2006, 09:13 AM
sure the bike riding kids may get more tickets but will probably spend less time incarcerated for gang activity....
keeping the kids busy keeps em out of trouble... thats all I meant. :crossx:
maybe we need to adopt the ol skateboarding moniker.... "motorcycle riding is not a crime"
I think there was sarcasm in Seans comment Dave :crossx:

SHIFTY
03-31-2006, 09:13 AM
http://www.houseboatholidays.com/images/sunfun_3.jpg

Racer277
03-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Sorry if it came out wrong, I'm just bitter.
A week on a houseboat with The Great Shifty's girlfriend will cheer me up...

Silver
03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah, really!
It's always the dumb asses that ruin it for everyone!
Common sense doesn't come easy!!!!!

Dave C
03-31-2006, 09:19 AM
I know, same with mine. ;)
I'd rather pay the friggen ticket so the kids can continue with this activity :crossx:
This is a bunch of crap.. now you guys know what it feels like to live in Norcal. goverment always telling you what to do...
Meanwhile all the trouble makers gets to carry on under the guise of a cultural diversity excercise....BS. :yuk:
I think there was sarcasm in Seans comment Dave :crossx:

wsuwrhr
03-31-2006, 09:22 AM
"motorcycle riding is not a crime"
It is now.

SummitKarl
03-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Sorry if it came out wrong, I'm just bitter.
A week on a houseboat with The Great Shifty's girlfriend will cheer me up...
hey are you planning on hooking up the spa tonight.
I thought about it,,, you have a 220 box just below the elec pnl, wires are already there. we just need a 4 pin 30amp hubble water proof face plate, matching plug and about 15' 12/4 extension cord...
I will dig up my faucet adapter and we can fill it with nice soft water, followed by nice soft girls :rollside:

Racer277
03-31-2006, 09:31 AM
I thought about it,,, you have a 220 box just below the elec pnl, wires are already there. we just need a 4 pin 30amp hubble water proof face plate, matching plug and about 15' 12/4 extension cord...
I will dig up my faucet adapter and we can fill it with nice soft water, followed by nice soft girls :rollside:
You know I was looking into that. I need some more info when I get there.
I believe I need a 50amp connection.
Didn't know if 12/4 would do it. Not sure if it's 3pin or 4 (like the dryer thing)... Also a disconnect close to the Spa.
Home D sells a Spa specific Sub panel that can be used.
If it fits the bill, then I figure the wiring (or a ghetto ext cord...)
:)

ratso
03-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, really!
It's always the dumb asses that ruin it for everyone!
Common sense doesn't come easy!!!!!
Amen...

Mr. Pixilated
03-31-2006, 09:38 AM
I see both sides, but not so much the complaining side.....Yes motorcyles are noisey but deal with it...Every morning around 6:30am I have a guy that rips up the street...He rides a Harley easily with at least 95-98dbs...Do I go out and ban that guy from riding on the streets, NO......Just deal with it...Look at it this way...Family's together riding,playing sports, camping, etc are the back bone to our country and if we lose that what do we have, a bunch of lazy ass people never coming out of their homes and making complaints on the internet...Just my .02

Mr. Pixilated
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Saturday Night for me.....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
My plan is to purchase an old jet boat with open dry header's. WHEN EVER he has company I'm firing it up!
Thats what I would do!!! Disconnect the pump and fire it up. I do it to my nieghbors when they get too loud. If they get really nasty, I just turn the system on in my denali and blast all 8 10's. They resopond very quickly :p

Freak
03-31-2006, 09:52 AM
I see both sides, but not so much the complaining side.....Yes motorcyles are noisey but deal with it...Every morning around 6:30am I have a guy that rips up the street...He rides a Harley easily with at least 95-98dbs...Do I go out and ban that guy from riding on the streets, NO......Just deal with it...Look at it this way...Family's together riding,playing sports, camping, etc are the back bone to our country and if we lose that what do we have, a bunch of lazy ass people never coming out of their homes and making complaints on the internet...Just my .02
So you hear him for what 2 minutes. Come on that is not what we are talking about. Try it for 4 hrs straight day after day after day. Maybe when your trying to have a birthday party for your kid in the yard breathing in the dust. Something like that. THEN talk about it.
If my neighbor had any consideration for anyone he might purchase a woods silencer but hey he might loose a few hp. No way to that right? If he did there would not be a problem. Just say off the track when it's dusty. I ride. I'm currently looking at a Husaberg FS450 for some supermoto fun. There are places to ride close by us. MX tracks. I know cause I go. A neighborhood is not one of them.
Ever consider the people around you?
I do. My yard bike is quiet. My track bike is loud. Simple. My couch is comfy also.

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:01 AM
So you hear him for what 2 minutes. Come on that is not what we are talking about. Try it for 4 hrs straight day after day after day. Maybe when your trying to have a birthday party for your kid in the yard breathing in the dust. Something like that. THEN talk about it.
If my neighbor had any consideration for anyone he might purchase a woods silencer but hey he might loose a few hp. No way to that right? If he did there would not be a problem. Just say off the track when it's dusty. I ride. I'm currently looking at a Husaberg FS450 for some supermoto fun. There are places to ride close by us. MX tracks. I know cause I go. A neighborhood is not one of them.
I do. My yard bike is quiet. My track bike is loud. Simple.
We do...we have a house at the river with a track in the back yard! Doesnt bug me...close the doors! Sounds like some peeps need to get a life!

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:02 AM
It is now.
Only for the yuppy pretty boy wanna be riders, who cause all this drama! :mad:

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:03 AM
Totally!!! :crossx:

SummitKarl
03-31-2006, 10:04 AM
So you hear him for what 2 minutes. Come on. Try it for 4 hrs straight day after day after day. Maybe when your trying to have a birthday party for your kid in the yard breathing in the dust. Something like that. THEN talk about it.
If my neighbor had any consideration for anyone he might purchase a woods silencer but hey he might loose a few hp. No way to that right? If he did there would not be a problem. I ride. I'm currently looking at a Husaberg FS450 for some supermoto fun. There are places to ride close by us. MX tracks. I know cause I go. A neighborhood is not one of them.
I do. My yard bike is quiet. My track bike is loud. Simple.
same thing happened in San Diego in the early 80's
so many cool places to ride, but like most we thought bikes without mufflers were faster.....boy did technology prove us wrong :rolleyes:
the real problem was... THE FEW!!!! that had to ride to close to houses and new developments....guess who lost :rolleyes: ALL OF US!!! the whole
county got shut down, my own experience taught me it's all about riding with respect to your surroundings :cool:

uclahater
03-31-2006, 10:05 AM
I...Look at it this way...Family's together riding,playing sports, camping, etc are the back bone to our country and if we lose that what do we have, a bunch of lazy ass people never coming out of their homes and making complaints on the internet...Just my .02
Couldnt have been said better :cool:

SummitKarl
03-31-2006, 10:10 AM
You know I was looking into that. I need some more info when I get there.
I believe I need a 50amp connection.
Didn't know if 12/4 would do it. Not sure if it's 3pin or 4 (like the dryer thing)... Also a disconnect close to the Spa.
Home D sells a Spa specific Sub panel that can be used.
If it fits the bill, then I figure the wiring (or a ghetto ext cord...)
:)
hey your right I just looked at mine
10/4 and 40a Hubble twist lock.
I went with the removable plug, because at the time I was a part timer in Havasu, so when I left I could pull the plug and lock the cord away, one less thing that could go terribly wrong :wink:

Freak
03-31-2006, 10:13 AM
We do...we have a house at the river with a track in the back yard! Doesnt bug me...close the doors! Sounds like some peeps need to get a life!
The friggin doors and windows are closed. Think I have not thought of that???
I get it now though. Your doing it.

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:16 AM
The friggin doors and windows are closed. Think I have not thought of that???
I get it now though. Your doing it.
Yes I am. Because it is my property & I woukd rather my kids ride on my property...( a safe place) than screwin off somewhere else! So my boys will keep on riding! At least I know they are safe!

Freak
03-31-2006, 10:17 AM
same thing happened in San Diego in the early 80's
so many cool places to ride, but like most we thought bikes without mufflers were faster.....boy did technology prove us wrong :rolleyes:
the real problem was... THE FEW!!!! that had to ride to close to houses and new developments....guess who lost :rolleyes: ALL OF US!!! the whole
county got shut down, my own experience taught me it's all about riding with respect to your surroundings :cool:
Some one with a brain. Thank god. The track is a better place to ride unless your scared of some competition anyway but what do I know I'm a couch potato yuppie at the track with my CRF450.... :rolleyes:

Freak
03-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes I am. Because it is my property & I woukd rather my kids ride on my property...( a safe place) than screwin off somewhere else! So my boys will keep on riding! At least I know they are safe!
How about the track? Maybe they will get good and go pro. Make some serious coin? You gotta get off the couch to take them though. :)
If you read what I said I donÂ’t have a problem with my neighbors kids bikes. It's the 109db adult bikes running for hours. Hell he could go with me!
Consider the people around you. Your in denial.

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Some one with a brain. Thank god. The track is a better place to ride unless your scared of some competition anyway but what do I know I'm a couch potato yuppie at the track with my CRF450.... :rolleyes:
Oh boy! You really dont know what family you are talking to here. Hell I will race you! Just for shits & giggles! Good god....You are cracking me up. LOL! :p :220v:

SummitKarl
03-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Oh boy! You really dont know what family you are talking to here. Hell I will race you! Just for shits & giggles! Good god....You are cracking me up. LOL! :p :220v:
MEDS............PLEASE :wink: :)

Freak
03-31-2006, 10:25 AM
no kidding...
anytime...bring it on. See you in the A class race..................if your not scared....dont be a girl............ :)

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:25 AM
Rotflmfao!
Oh you have your azz beating this weekend! Hee hee! :p See you tomorrow cutie! Get my jacuzzi ready! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:26 AM
Look out...Im starting to like you. :p

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:27 AM
no kidding...
anytime...bring it on. See you in the A class race..................if your not scared....dont be a girl............ :)
Rotf!! You are killing me! Nice one !!! :p

uclahater
03-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Look out...Im starting to like you. :p
I've always liked you. :p :p :p

Freak
03-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Rotf!! You are killing me! Nice one !!! :p
serious - MX is big money now. You should get your young'ins into it. If I was a kid I would.

Mr. Pixilated
03-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks man....Keep it open...

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:32 AM
serious - MX is big money now. You should get your young'ins into it. If I was a kid I would.
They like too many other things. Soccer, baseball & MX. The racing took so much time. They are good too!!! :p

460 jus getn it
03-31-2006, 10:33 AM
dirt bikes are gay....................carry on..............................................

Freak
03-31-2006, 10:33 AM
They like too many other things. Soccer, baseball & MX. The racing took so much time. They are good too!!! :p
Gotta pick one thing and focus. Focus for the coin. $$$$$

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:34 AM
I've always liked you. :p :p :p
Really??? Well then...beer is on me! :p See ya on the water.

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:35 AM
dirt bikes are gay....................carry on..............................................
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Gotta pick one thing and focus. Focus for the coin. $$$$$
I think Soccer is the focus right now. I am thinking scholarship. :p

460 jus getn it
03-31-2006, 10:37 AM
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
:D :D :D :D :D just thought i would stop in and see whats up.......hey my take is fun is fun. if it gives kids something to do then so be it. to many kids these days sit at home and play playstation etc. the fact that some parents get there kids involved in stuff says alot.

Freak
03-31-2006, 10:38 AM
That's cool.
Ok the fight is over. We resolved nothing. Typical for the web. Check you later.

76ANTHONY
03-31-2006, 10:38 AM
soccers gay, sell them little ones and get the money :crossx: dirt bikes are gay :p :)

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:39 AM
:D :D :D :D :D just thought i would stop in and see whats up.......hey my take is fun is fun. if it gives kids something to do then so be it. to many kids these days sit at home and play playstation etc. the fact that some parents get there kids involved in stuff says alot.
I agree! Thanks sweetie !!! Have agood weekend! Get that boat finished so I can go for a ride! :cool:

pixilatedpussy
03-31-2006, 10:40 AM
soccers gay, sell them little ones and get the money :crossx: dirt bikes are gay :p :)
LMAO! You are killing me! GOLFCARTS ARE FOR WUSSIES! :rollside:

460 jus getn it
03-31-2006, 10:41 AM
I agree! Thanks sweetie !!! Have agood weekend! Get that boat finished so I can go for a ride! :cool:
thongs manditory, tops optional............opps did i say that out loud..........have a good day. im going back home nothing to see here...

76ANTHONY
03-31-2006, 10:41 AM
watch what you say, djunkie will kick your butt.. :)

460 jus getn it
03-31-2006, 10:42 AM
so are 1980 leather jackets with a firebird patch on the sleeve...............

pixilatedpussy
thongs manditory, tops optional............opps did i say that out loud..........have a good day. im going back home nothing to see here...
Sounds like something my husband would say! :p

pixilatedpussy
watch what you say, djunkie will kick your butt.. :)
:crossx:

pixilatedpussy
so are 1980 leather jackets with a firebird patch on the sleeve...............
:crossx: :rollside: :crossx: :rollside: Now that was funny!

460 jus getn it
Sounds like something my husband would say! :p
:D :D :D :D :D

Mr. Pixilated
03-31-2006, 10:44 AM
How bout I sell you for mexican pesco's Biatch....I can't wait to see you and give you a azz woopen.... :yuk:

76ANTHONY
03-31-2006, 10:50 AM
How bout I sell you for mexican pesco's Biatch....I can't wait to see you and give you a azz woopen.... :yuk:
you dont have time anymore to kick my azz, cause you need to step up and spend time with the kids....the 22nd i'll laying down the whoopass :crossx:

Mr. Pixilated
03-31-2006, 11:23 AM
you dont have time anymore to kick my azz, cause you need to step up and spend time with the kids....the 22nd i'll laying down the whoopass :crossx:
Silly, lilly...You need to be gettin now before I ride my CRF450 down there and ride all over your AZZ...LMAO....

76ANTHONY
03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Silly, lilly...You need to be gettin now before I ride my CRF450 down there and ride all over your AZZ...LMAO....
i'll run your ass over with my gay ass golfcart :crossx: :) wearing my seatbelt of course :rollside:

Ziggy
03-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Common courtesy between people and neighbors is just about extinct.
Its just focking Crazy....
"We the people"= whatever a half retired elected counsel decides. :rolleyes:
Why the hell are noise ordinances not enforced on Harleys and other loud vehicle on the street?? Total double standard IMO. Not only are they loud as hell but they also cause alarms to go off long after they've moved on, doubling the noise they already created....... :mad: :crossx: :mad:

Dribble
03-31-2006, 02:02 PM
You wouldn't feel that way if you tried to sit down for Easter or Thanksgiving dinner with your elderly parents and had to listen to a bunch of drunk hooligans riding up and down outside of your dining room until well after dark. I tried to get them to agree to limit the riding to after school and weekend afternoons and they told me to go to hell. The idiot also drilled the exhaust restrictor out on the kid's KLX 110 because he thought it would give it more power (to ride around in circles in second gear with).
Now I have the noise oridinace on my side and guess what; They've suddenly become much more considerate. And here's a thought: How much skill are kids developing riding around in circles on a flat piece of ground.
Answer: NONE. Its just a diversion. No different than an Xbox.
My neighbors kids have now been riding for five years and still ride like total squids. The Riverside county oridinance sucks bigtime, but blame the rude inconsiderate people that brought this onto everyone.

Racer277
03-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Noise ordinance is one thing.
As was mentioned, measure noise at the property line. There are current laws, enforce those.
But the OHV ban on your own land is horse shit. That means electric too?
Not alot left for kids to do but **** shit up...

Dribble
03-31-2006, 02:56 PM
When they drafted the Placer County ordinance they had OVH users on the citizens committee. All interests were represented and a fair compromise was worked out. What seems ridiculous about Riverside is that you can get in trouble riding on your own property even if it is miles from anywhere and nobody complains.
Who are the brainiacs that came up with that one???

Racer277
03-31-2006, 03:02 PM
When they drafted the Placer County ordinance they had OVH users on the citizens committee. All interests were represented and a fair compromise was worked out. What seems ridiculous about Riverside is that you can get in trouble riding on your own property even if it is miles from anywhere and nobody complains.
Who are the brainiacs that came up with that one???
Yeah, that's my beef.
Noise and dust should be enforceable violations (they are here if you can get a cop that gif's). But to say you can't ride a bike on your own land...
That bugs.