PDA

View Full Version : Park Moabi Marina

twistedpair
04-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Well, it looks like San Bernadino County has all but put the last nail in the coffin of Vaughn and Annette's dreams. June 30 is the last day of their contract, and they could be out forever on July 1. If any of you know Vaughn, you know he doesn't play games or politics. He's just a man who stands by his word and works hard every day. Apparently, these are qualities to be despised if you are in county govt.
Please check out http://www.parkmoabimarina.com/ (http://www.parkmoabimarina.com) , Vaughn and Annette are true "River People" who really need your help.

Debbolas
04-14-2004, 03:47 PM
We all need to write letters real quick, that is our favorite place to go and they are so nice. We were there when Heather had her car accident.
:(

DickDanger
04-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Man, I absolutely LOVE Park Moabi. I have made it a point to spend 2 weeks there every summer for the past few years. What is going on with Vaughn and Annette? If their contract ends, what is going to happen with Moabi? Get me an address to write a letter, and I will do it. -DD Out

DickDanger
04-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Nevermind, I found the address. It is:
Bill Postmus 1st district Supervisor
County Government Center
385 North Arrowhead Ave. 5th Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0110
909 387-4830

beer hunter
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
We were there when Heather had her car accident.
I remember that too:(

Debbolas
04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
So what are they going to have park rangers there now?
Who is going to run it?
I say we e-mail !!!!!
Our Governor
E-mail Address(es):
governor@governor.ca.gov
Our Assemby Person
E-mail Address(es):
assemblymember.dutton@assembly.ca.gov

ahhell
04-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Gotta keep them, Good people!

bigq
04-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Dont get it, Do they own the land and buildings? How can the county put it up for RFQ if they don't own it?

Debbolas
04-14-2004, 07:20 PM
do they own it?
I thought it was a county or state park.
:confused:

Dr. Eagle
04-14-2004, 07:39 PM
That's just wrong. Another example of government out of control wanting to take away somebodys dreams.
Screw you San Bernardino County... Tinhorn politicians......:mad: :p :mad:

LaveyJet
04-14-2004, 08:19 PM
It is a County Park and the County owns the land and the Buildings.
Instead of re-newing the contract, the County is testing the market to see who can provide the best deal.

Debbolas
04-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Well
why change management
I don't understand....

Debbolas
04-16-2004, 10:02 AM
bump
;)

Debbolas
04-21-2004, 01:06 PM
I just got this an e-mail from The Porter Family.
Hi Deb,
Thank you for your note.
We thank you for writing a letter to Mr. Postmus on our behalf.
We hope to see you soon and who knows we may still be here.
Thank you again, The Porter Family
Write those letters everyone................

Debbolas
04-21-2004, 01:12 PM
SupervisorPostmus@sbcounty.gov
Here is his e-mail if that is more your style..................

Coach
04-21-2004, 03:07 PM
This sucks, I just don't get how a County can take away a business from someone with out buying them out? What am I missing here? Vaughn is a great guy. He is has always been a great help to everyone at the park.

waterndog
04-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Been going there for about 12-13 years. Already fired my letter off. But I will e:mail too ! Can't let these rotten bastards get away with what there are doing :mad:

twistedpair
04-21-2004, 03:41 PM
The rumor I hear is that the county wants someone to come in and build a hotel and restaurant. How that qualifies as a 'campground' is beyond me. Plus, whos gonna build anything without some kind of length of contract guarantee? My personal feeling is that someone (or ones) in the county commission is out to make some cash.
If this really goes down it will be interesting to 'follow the money' and see who's friends/family/associates ends up benefitting from it.

Debbolas
04-21-2004, 04:26 PM
It is just very wrong...........
I hope this supervisor gets a ton of e-mail and letters

Charley
04-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Vaughn and Annette are awesome people... I would write a letter, but I dont think it will do any good at this stage... it just sux!

Debbolas
04-21-2004, 04:31 PM
at least e-mail the supervisor.......

Coach
04-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Is this some type of retribution for the gas tanks that where put in last year? I remember reading about it on the boards. Something to the effect that Vaughn was able to out smart the County and they paid for the tanks (not to their liking) because he was on County property. I don't want to spread wrong info, but I could have sworn this came up last year.

twistedpair
04-21-2004, 04:47 PM
The tank thing may be part of it, but they were giving Vaughn and Annette grief prior to that. I think the tanks were an attempted ouster that blew up in the county's face. Again, I am not privy to the details, this is just what I think .
(See signature at bottom of post!);)

Debbolas
04-21-2004, 04:59 PM
There is all that land across the river (Indian Reservation) and lots of land above and below Park Moabe, why that place for a hotel?
(It does have excellend beaches because of the rock jettys)
They should just build a hotel on Indian Land (so we can gamble) and up river toward Needles.

twistedpair
04-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Indian country=Indian money, the county gets shafted.......

Debbolas
04-21-2004, 05:16 PM
oh,
what about all the other land around there.
(not like there is a shortage of land in the desert)
It just doesn't have the great beaches.....

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 06:18 AM
Morning!
(bump)
e-mail this supervisor and tell him to keep the current operators of Park Moabe, The Porter Family.
;)

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 08:04 AM
This has been viewed 300 times since I posted the e-mail yesterday,( the view # was 340.....)
think the supervisor is getting at least 150 e-mails?!?
so cool............
;)

Coach
04-22-2004, 12:09 PM
bump

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 02:19 PM
ba-bump
;)

sigepmock
04-22-2004, 02:52 PM
just sent an e-mail.

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah!
I wonder how many he will get?!
:D

bchbum
04-22-2004, 04:03 PM
I heard that the people that rent boats in the Long Beach Alamitos Bay Marina are leaving L.B. because they got a contract to run some marina , store & rv park on the river . I heard this 3rd
hand ,will check into this more & let you know .

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 04:16 PM
ohhhh,

twistedpair
04-23-2004, 07:23 AM
Keep us posted bchbum. It'll be real interesting if they have already awarded a contract before the appllication period has expired.

Debbolas
04-23-2004, 07:30 AM
Supervisor Postmus at the following e-mail address
Here is the e-mail for the Porter Family
pmmarina@mohaveaz.com
;)

LaveyJet
04-23-2004, 04:32 PM
What's this save Park Moabi stuff?
The park isn't going anywhere, it's still run by County Regional Parks and County Employees. It's a great place to stay. I don't have much history with the store except that it closes much too early, 6 pm I think.

Debbolas
04-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Well,
How long have you been going there?
:rolleyes:
The Porter Family has been running Park Moabi ever since we have been visiting. (10 years) They are great people, we feel especially close to them as we were there when their daughter was in her horrible accident.
I don't know about you but I have stayed in some pretty lame parks. Where "insane" park managers micro-manage their visitors and spy on them with binoculars.
You are correct, the park isn't going anywhere, but part of what makes Park Moabi special, might be.
So, kick back, do nothing and watch a great treasure fade away...
:p

LaveyJet
04-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Well,
How long have you been going there?
:rolleyes:
The Porter Family has been running Park Moabi ever since we have been visiting.
:p
They run the store and the marina , the county runs the park. :confused: Do you think they run the Park itself?

Debbolas
04-23-2004, 05:06 PM
I just like them and want them to stay there!!!!!!!!
They are kind people.
Why is that such a problem for you?

LaveyJet
04-23-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm sure they are nice people, but I don't know them. As I said, my main complaint is that the store closed too early. I don't know if it's their choice or the County's
Just getting the facts straight, thats all. Park Moabi is not in jeapordy and does not need saving. As a matter of fact, the recent improvements of power to the penesula sites has been great. I thinks it's the best place on the river.

Debbolas
04-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Yes, but what you fail to understand, is these people are losing their dream, because the county decides it want's to fish around for some more money.
It's just very sad....

Floatin'
04-23-2004, 05:30 PM
They are nice people (sometimes). I was hanging outside by the tables one day and I swear there were 8-10 cub scout boys that decided about 30 seconds too late that they wanted some ice cream, at 5:00 sharp that front door is locked and if you are not inside you don't come inside, period. On the other hand they are cool to me so I am supporting them and I encourage others too also because I belive they are getting shafted. If I were them I wouldn't pay another penny in rent to the County and pocket the money, so what if they are evicted for non payment? Looks like they will be out anyways.

Debbolas
04-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Did you write your letters?
Supervisor Postmus at the following e-mail address
Here is the e-mail for the Porter Family
pmmarina@mohaveaz.com
;)