PDA

View Full Version : Wizard engineering

GBLASER
04-14-2004, 06:32 PM
What happened to them? I thought they had a family crisis....Still no answer. Dealers get no reply...It sure seems weird to spend money to go to the shows and then not accept any orders.
Anybody know the real scoop???????

Wild Horses
04-14-2004, 06:53 PM
I was in havasu on Friday and swung in to there place of business and was able to talk to the owner.
He told me he was going through a bad divorce, he was having to move the business back to Cali and they were trying to delay for a couple of more weeks as he had a new partner coming on board to help with the money thing.
Was told they have kept all phone numbers left so they will call when they get things back up and running in a couple of weeks.
Clint

hd&boatrider
04-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Call Rons Billet Grills...(928)-680-1030 or e-mail at ron@ronscustomdetail.com Make sure Ron knows Tom from the HB Forums sent you. Maybe he will hook you up :). Here is what one type looks like on my boat:
http://www.mikesnetworking.net/sitebuilder/images/interior2-658x491.jpg
And the combined mid/high speakers with the new billet aluminum covers......As you may/may not know we cut out the middle part of the grill and recessed the tweeters. Came out looking good with no distortion.
http://www.mikesnetworking.net/sitebuilder/images/mid-high-644x480.jpg

GBLASER
04-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Really glad to see the covers in white. That was what I wanted but didn't really know what to expect. They look great. Thanks for the info

Ducatista
04-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Looks real nice HD

fourspeednup
04-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Hey HD you know what would look killer, paint those srewheads white----super easy and such a cleaner look:cool:

hd&boatrider
04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Hey HD you know what would look killer, paint those srewheads white----super easy and such a cleaner look:cool:
Thanks for the comments guys. Your right FS&U....I think I will take your advice on that one :) It would look cleaner

1stepcloser
04-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Rather than paint, take a handful of the screws over to a powder coater and have them shot. Its gonna last a lot better that than paint, which will likely chip off the stainless....

hd&boatrider
04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Rather than paint, take a handful of the screws over to a powder coater and have them shot. Its gonna last a lot better that than paint, which will likely chip off the stainless....
I am going to suggest to Ron that whatever color the grills are is the color the screws should be also. Won't take hardly any more effort for the extra details.

1stepcloser
04-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I am going to suggest to Ron that whatever color the grills are is the color the screws should be also. Won't take hardly any more effort for the extra details.
Thats a good idea....BTW, your stuff looks awesome, the tweeter came out cool.
I just received the head unit housing from Ron, UPS lost the damn thing for two weeks, I also went with the classic design, this thing is really a work of art. Very well thought out. Looks like it will way outlast the rest of the system:) .
Now I gotta go home and put it in.
One more quick plug for "RCD Audio" a.k.a. Rons custom detail, if youre looking for cool, dont pass this place up.

syke-o
04-15-2004, 12:02 PM
i got my grills from wizard a few weeks ago and they look great!!! they took a couple weeks longer than expected but worth the wait in my opinion.... i will post some pics when i get a chance...