PDA

View Full Version : Another day in the 909

LaveyJet
04-15-2004, 08:49 AM
RIALTO: Police say a 10-year-old boy showed it to classmates and attempted to rob a child.
01:14 AM PDT on Thursday, April 15, 2004
A 10-year-old Rialto boy went to school with a loaded semi-automatic handgun Tuesday and tried to rob another child, but no shots were fired, officials said.
The fourth-grader got the .22-caliber weapon out of his uncle's room and took it to Merle S. Casey Elementary School, said Rialto police Sgt. Randy DeAnda.
"He displayed it to students before school started," DeAnda said. "Later, during recess, he attempted to rob a juvenile of his tennis shoes."
The boy also attempted to fire the gun, but did not aim it at anyone, police said.
"We don't know if he was trying to fire it in the air or into the ground," DeAnda said.
The child apparently did not know how to operate the weapon.
Two classmates also handled the gun, he said. The students told their teacher about the gun and police were alerted.
DeAnda said the boy was arrested and booked on suspicion of attempted robbery and possession of a firearm.
Classes were not disrupted, said Marilyn Cardosi, spokeswoman with the Rialto Unified School District. School officials could expel the boy for bringing a firearm to school, she said.
"I can tell you the district is taking this very seriously," Cardosi said. "The district has a zero-tolerance for weapons."
She said the school does not have metal detectors and to her knowledge there are no plans to install them at the elementary schools.
"I think this was an isolated incident," she said. "This isn't something that typically happens at an elementary school."
Privacy laws, she said, forbid her from discussing whether the boy has a history of being suspended or other disciplinary action.
DeAnda said Wednesday he did not know if criminal charges had been filed against the boy.
Because of the boy's age, officials with the San Bernardino County district attorney's office could not release information about the status of his case.
"Anything regarding a minor is confidential," spokeswoman Susan Mickey said.
DeAnda said officials also are investigating whether the boy's uncle was negligent in storing the weapon.

Dr. Eagle
04-15-2004, 08:52 AM
Damn a 10 year old mugger... whodda thunk??????

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-15-2004, 08:53 AM
damn that is sad.. what TF is going on in their little heads of theirs.. :confused: ;)

Freak
04-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
damn that is sad.. what TF is going on in their little heads of theirs.. :confused: ;)
MTV rap's

AdrenelineOD
04-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Im from NY, 10 is old
sad to see cali catching up, wow shocking still

AdrenelineOD
04-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Freak
MTV rap's I agree and nothing we can do about that. Thats just freedom of speach, press, whatever

MsDrmr
04-15-2004, 09:03 AM
#1 thank god he's only 10
#2 can't wait to see what he's capable of at 16
#3 thank god he did'nt know how to use the gun
what the hell does the man have a gun witin a childs reach for??????

1stepcloser
04-15-2004, 09:31 AM
1: Prime time television.
2: Video games. (ie; PS2, X-box, etc)
3: Parenting skill's.

Her454
04-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
3: Parenting skill's.
You mean lack thereof.

miller19j
04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
damn that is sad.. what TF is going on in their little heads of theirs.. :confused: ;) What the **** is going on in the kids uncles head?
Anyone that owns a firearm should keep them locked up so they don’t fall into hands of children.

LaveyJet
04-15-2004, 09:41 AM
My cousin used to go to that school, we used to play there when we were kids. Have some good memories from the childhood days. What's the old saying, "You can't go hame again". The way this neighborhood has gone to shit, who would want to.

Outnumbered
04-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Rodney King lives in Rialto...

Mike67rs
04-15-2004, 09:46 AM
The fourth-grader got the .22-caliber weapon out of his uncle's room
The uncle will be looking at some serious charges for criminal storage of the firearm. I'm suprised nothing was mentioned about it in the article.

Mike67rs
04-15-2004, 09:47 AM
DeAnda said officials also are investigating whether the boy's uncle was negligent in storing the weapon.
My bad, I guess it does...

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
Rodney King lives in Rialto...
He keeps getting arrested in Claremont....

Outnumbered
04-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
He keeps getting arrested in Claremont.... rotten > Library > Biographies > Misc > Rodney King
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rodney King
Recipient of the most celebrated beatdown in Los Angeles history.
Timeline
2 Apr 1965 Rodney King born, Sacramento CA.
1987 Receives probation after beating his wife.
1989 Jailed for robbery of a convenience store, assault.
27 Dec 1990 Paroled.
3 Mar 1991 LAPD beatdown.
29 Apr 1992 Rodney King Riot: (52 killed, 3,000 wounded)
1994 Receives $3.8M civil settlement from the City of Los Angeles.
1999 Convicted of spousal abuse, San Bernardino County.
29 Sep 2001 Police arrest Rodney King in Pomona, California for
indecent exposure and being high on PCP.
Oct 2001 Pleads no contest to PCP and indency charges.
13 Apr 2003 Police arrest Rodney King in Rialto, California for crashing his Ford Expedition into a house while high on PCP. He suffers a fractured pelvis in the accident.
11 Oct 2003 Police arrest Rodney King in Rialto, California for punching his girlfriend in the stomach.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2004, 09:55 AM
How it should read:
rotten > Library > Biographies > Misc > Rodney King
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rodney King - POS 'Nuff said!

Dr. Eagle
04-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Rodney King
Timeline
27 Dec 1990 Paroled.
13 Apr 2003 Police arrest Rodney King in Rialto, California for crashing his Ford Expedition into a house while high on PCP. He suffers a fractured pelvis in the accident.
11 Oct 2003 Police arrest Rodney King in Rialto, California for punching his girlfriend in the stomach.
I'm glad he finds Southern California preferable to Northern California.........:D

Freak
04-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Crack from when they were in moms womb.

NastyOne
04-15-2004, 10:00 AM
I hope they dont expel the kid from school. That will only put him on his path to being like this the rest of his life. They need to keep him in the school and teach him what he did was wrong. I dont think at age 10 you can really understand and comprehend (sp) all that you are doing.

Freak
04-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Rodney King
Timeline
27 Dec 1990 Paroled.
LAPD Beatdown - that just strikes me funny.

1stepcloser
04-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Her454
You mean lack thereof.
Zackley. ;)

Outnumbered
04-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by NastyOne
I hope they dont expel the kid from school. That will only put him on his path to being like this the rest of his life. They need to keep him in the school and teach him what he did was wrong. I dont think at age 10 you can really understand and comprehend (sp) all that you are doing.
I understand your point of view. However, I have an 8 yr old girl. She knows I have guns and she is very aware of what they are and what they do. She knows they are not toys. I don't think its the age to blame. I think the kid's parents are to blame. No supervision and no guidance. Very sad.
OL

FRENCHIE
04-15-2004, 10:25 AM
it gets worse, the other day a kid infront of my house bought some poppers off of the ice cream man, and said he was gonna blow up his school with them!? he was about 9 or 10, where the hell do they hear this stuff?? just to even say that, i would never have said somethin like that at 9 yrs old!:(

NastyOne
04-15-2004, 10:26 AM
I understand your point of view. However, I have an 8 yr old girl. She knows I have guns and she is very aware of what they are and what they do. She knows they are not toys. I don't think its the age to blame. I think the kid's parents are to blame. No supervision and no guidance. Very sad.
OL
I couldnt agree with you more. I just think at 10 years old he will be a lot easier to rehabilitate rather than when he is 20 and has 8 times as many convistions under his belt, and someone finaly decides to help him. (that was a long sentance:D )

Her454
04-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by NastyOne
I have a 16 year old that was raised around guns. She knows how to use them, clean them and RESPECT them. I do not leave them where she or her friends can access them.
As a parent I would be extremely upset if they did NOT expel this child. Apparently there is lack of guidance/supervision at home regarding firearms. Whats to say he will not get another opportunity - with my daughter at school and a different result the second time? Thats not a chance Im willing to take just for a chance the kid will go down the right path later. If the parents are not teaching then the school needs to by expulsion.

Blown 472
04-15-2004, 11:18 AM
OL
Ding, I have guns, my sons uncles have guns, grampa has guns, all the kids are taught they are not toys you dont touch them, and when old enough we will teach you how to use them. ****ing good for nothing parents.

miller19j
04-15-2004, 11:25 AM
I have a gun or two in my house and you can bet that they are all locked up and the ammunition is locked in the gun safe. There is no excuse for storing firearms unsafely.

Ducatista
04-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Boy, they sure start them out early in the 909.
We should have a memorial Rodney King Bar-b-que at the channel or something. You know, get togehter and celebrate the day the those Simi Valley cops beat the crap outa that dead beat piece-o-shit!:D Yea....celebrate his bro's burning and looting their own town....all that kinda stuff!

Blown 472
04-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
I have a gun or two in my house and you can bet that they are all locked up and the ammunition is locked in the gun safe. There is no excuse for storing firearms unsafely.
who is storing them unsafly? they are in a cabinet, the amo is in the garage, no chance for them together unless I make it happen.

miller19j
04-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
who is storing them unsafly? The Uncle that left the gun where the kid could get it.
I wasn’t implying anything about you.

Chase
04-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Damn a 10 year old mugger... whodda thunk??????
And you guys are knocking Canadians.....:confused: :eek:

Blown 472
04-15-2004, 01:29 PM
The Uncle that left the gun where the kid could get it.
I wasn’t implying anything about you.
I know, I just wanted to get in on some drama.;) ;) :p

miller19j
04-15-2004, 01:31 PM
I know, I just wanted to get in on some drama.;) ;) :p Screw you……You are almost a Canatard! :D

Blown 472
04-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Screw you……You are almost a Canatard! :D
No shit eh, I am thinking I should goooo up there and score some labattes triple x and some cuban cigars.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-15-2004, 01:34 PM
I have SEVERAL guns in my house and they are all LOADED with one in the chamber at all times. doesn't leave you much of a chance to use it if it is locked up and ammo in a seperate location. My dad, grandad, uncles all had guns in their houses loaded at all times. I was TAUGHT not to **** with them and didn't. I had a BB gun when I was 8 (daisy) and got my first .22 when I was about 12 and had a shotgun when I was 15. I would have never pulled a stunt like this kid did. This is why people need to TEACH their kids about guns not just lock them up out of sight out of mind. If they are not exposed to guns they will be curious and more apt to mess with it.
Of course I don't have any kids although my little brothers do come and stay with us on weekends sometimes (14 and 12 years old) they know I have guns and they stay the **** away from them. Must be something the old man did right.
Bottom line BAD PARENTING is to blame here not inappropriate storage
Omega

Her454
04-15-2004, 01:34 PM
I know, I just wanted to get in on some drama.;) ;) :p
then start stalking miller, i hear taht works.
damn i need some sleep'

Blown 472
04-15-2004, 01:36 PM
then start stalking miller, i hear taht works.
damn i need some sleep'
I am on it, you pulling an all nighter or what??

Chase
Education is the answer. Kids must be taught what a gun is so they understand not to mess with it.

Her454
Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
I I had a BB gun when I was 8 (daisy) and got my first .22 when I was about 12 and had a shotgun when I was 15.
I still have my Red Ryder BB Gun.......and I never put anybodys eye out with it. :D

Blown 472
04-15-2004, 01:37 PM
I have SEVERAL guns in my house and they are all LOADED with one in the chamber at all times. doesn't leave you much of a chance to use it if it is locked up and ammo in a seperate location. My dad, grandad, uncles all had guns in their houses loaded at all times. I was TAUGHT not to **** with them and didn't. I had a BB gun when I was 8 (daisy) and got my first .22 when I was about 12 and had a shotgun when I was 15. I would have never pulled a stunt like this kid did. This is why people need to TEACH their kids about guns not just lock them up out of sight out of mind. If they are not exposed to guns they will be curious and more apt to mess with it.
Of course I don't have any kids although my little brothers do come and stay with us on weekends sometimes (14 and 12 years old) they know I have guns and they stay the **** away from them. Must be something the old man did right.
Omega
Yeah, but you crazy ****ers can drive around with them in back window of your truck or in the glove box.:D

Blown 472
04-15-2004, 01:40 PM
I still have my Red Ryder BB Gun.......and I never put anybodys eye out with it. :D
Sounds like this one time when my friend and I decide to shoot each other with bb gun to see what it feels like, so he has this pistol the one you pump up, we decide that four pumps is enough, I go first, shoots me in the ass kinda hurts. Then his turn, well the ****er starts hiding behind a chair and shit so evertime I tell him to come out and he dont one more pump. I had it to ten and he got a hell of welt from it.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-15-2004, 01:41 PM
my red ryder died long ago. I think the spring sprung if you know what I mean. :D :cool:
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah, but you crazy ****ers can drive around with them in back window of your truck or in the glove box.:D
God bless TEXAS!!! and they wonder why we don't have too many 'car jackings' around here:D
Oh and just to correct you the ammo is in the glove box the pistol is under the seat:cool:
Omega

miller19j
04-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Omega I think that it’s far more likely that one of your little brothers gets a hold of one of those guns and makes a mistake with them, Then for you to ever use them for self defense.
Just for the record I think that it is totally irresponsible to have all you firearms loaded when children are around.