PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu Marina

htm632
04-16-2004, 09:52 AM
It was suggested to me that I post this here as well...just thought you guys might like to know about this......
I have been a member of Lake Havasu Marina for five years, and until two weeks ago, I had two permanent slips that I waited for a long period of time to have.
Having a second home in Lake Havasu, I use these slips frequently. I have two boats at this time, a new 30' boat and a 23' Chaparral deck boat.
I was terminated by the marina two weeks ago. After having several conversations with the managing staff at Lake Havasu Marina and getting verbal approval to moor my new boat in my existing slip until a slip became available that would accommodate my 30' boat, I was told that I was number one or two on the waiting list after waiting 8 months. I frequently boat on the weekends in Lake Havasu. Making arrangements with the Lake Havasu Marina staff, knowing them well because I have been a member there for 5 years, it was indicated to me that I would be able to put my 30 foot boat in slip that I had, which happens to be in an extra wide waterway. That worked for one night until Jeff Bekkedahl, the marina manager happened to be walking the boat slips and saw my new boat in my existing slip. At that time, he locked the boat up to the docks. When I came down to remove the boat from the slip and put it on a trailer on a Sunday morning, I found that the boat was locked to the docks. I went to the office to find out why, and Jeff Bekkedahl came out screaming at the top of his lungs like I was some type of criminal, while waving his arms and demeaning me, indicating that I was not following the marina rules. Mind you, I pay the marina $325 per month for slip rentals and I have never been late in my payments in the last 5 years. I tried to indicate this to him several times during this confrontation, that.one of the main staff people at the marina had given me prior permission to temporarily moor my 30' while I was waiting for my spot on the waiting list to be open. He seemed to not care either way and terminated the use of both of my slips. After being there over 5 years and knowing the background, I try to be as elusive as possible. I launch my boat in the early morning or late evening to assure that there is no conflict with the marina. Although, there really never is any conflict except with Jeff. As everyone knows, he discriminates tremendously against any type of performance boaters. Since I have a second home in Havasu, my family uses our deck boat frequently in the Summer months.
During, this long screaming episode (mind you, all the screaming was done by Jeff, I was doing all the listening), I did have a close friend with me at this time that is in the legal profession. He was utterly amazed at Jeff's behavior.
On top of that, I had a custom set of Gatlin mufflers made that are over 20" long when I built my new 30' boat to ensure that this thing was as quiet as possible so that it would follow all marina rules. After his demeaning behavior and screaming, walking away saying that he would be sending me a termination letter, I was in awe wondering what I even did. You would have thought by his behavior that I had just run over his dog. After I returned to California, I thought this out and decided to write the marina a letter and try to solve the issue. I sent a certified letter to the marina, which was accepted, and I explained to him that I had been a member for 5 years, and have never had a late payment in those 5 years or been notified that I had violated any rules. I use their facilities for gas, ice and everything else that is needed. I asked in the letter why he was terminating me from not only the one slip with the "offending" boat, but from both slips. As you can imagine, there was no reply. Well, I guess I did get a reply, two days later, a termination letter with no explanation arrived saying that I was terminated from both slips and giving the date that I had to have my boats out by.
After this, my wife was so upset as well, and made several attempts by going to the marina, and Jeff was never there to speak with her. She also made several phone calls, and as you can imagine, he would never come to the phone. We did get a response from one member of the staff there that according to their contract, they did not have to give a reason as to termination, and then they promptly hung up on us. Nice way to treat a 5 year member.
I could probably add a lot more here, and at this point I will say that I have really been discriminated against, and I am going to move forward with legal action. If anyone out there has had the same issues and would like to join in on a class action suit against Jeff Bekkedahl, I would be more than happy to have you. I guess that I can invest my $350 a month and more to a legal firm if that is what it is going to take. I just donÂ’t think that they treat people fairly. As I read through many of the postings here, I believe that it is definitely the "Good Ol' Boy Club" and if you are not in that club, you are not in that marina.
PS- I wonder if Richard McCulloch is aware of his manager's behavior. I would like to believe that a man of his status would never want someone like Jeff Bekkedahl running his marina. Two wrongs donÂ’t make a right. You can make the marina as nice as you want, but if you donÂ’t treat your customers in a respectful manner, I believe that is poor business for anyone. Please email me if you have any stories to share or if you have any interest in joining the suit.

carbonmarine
04-16-2004, 09:55 AM
I want to contribute to you legal fund. I will donate 20.00 and I want every other member to donate 20.00 as well to take this ****er on ..... You will no doubt have others with same or like stories to join your filing. I just dont liek this guy and want to help out in anyway possible......
I suggest you start a fund at a bank, post the acct number asap and inform us how the case is going - w/o deatils of course......
Rick32

little rowe boat
04-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Post emails to the Marina,maybe they will then see the light.
lhmarina@citlink.net
If they get enough they will realize their business is going to be on a downhill slide.

Dr. Eagle
04-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Sounds like time for BEATDOWN>>>>>>>>>:mad:

91nordic29
04-16-2004, 10:03 AM
WOW! the guy must be totally whacked!

Liquid Courage
04-16-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm extremely pleased to hear you are going to take legal action against these people. I would contribute to a fund as well. Considering 85% of boats on havasu are performance oriented I would think these guys would need to see the light sooner or later or risk loosing 85% of their business. I don't think any company can afford that type of loss.
I don't quite understand your plan of attack though. Even though I would like to see these people held responsible for their actions, can they be held legally responsible?
Tank

Ducatista
04-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Your story sucks.....I believe I saw your boat recently in the channel with the 20inch silencers......I couldn't believe how well they worked. I'm glad you are taking legal action & hope others who have been screwed will join in. Maybe it could be a civil rights issue or something?
That jerk needs to be taught a lesson....one way or the other:mad:

HavasuDreamin'
04-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Good Luck. I hope you are successful........but it will take something serious to get their attention. Letters, etc. to the mayor, or to the marina won't work. That has already been done to no avail. Read the thread below:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21474&highlight=Boycott

Dave C
04-16-2004, 01:45 PM
forget the lawsuit. You really need to go over the mangers head. you need to find the owner of the property and tell them about these issues.
explain it to him in terms of $$ that have been or will be lost because of this type of unprofessional behavior. Also insinuate that the word is getting around among the boating industry about how bad his property is being managed .
The owner may find it "interesting" that you took the time to find him and let him know whats going on.

H20bug
04-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Just a thought........But I do not ever recall (in the recent past) not "ONE" nice comment about that marina. however, if thats how they treat people, who spend there hard earned cash, they will "NEVER EVER RECEIVE A PENNY FROM ME" maybe when HELL FREEZES OVER!!!!!!!:yuk:

Reaper1
04-16-2004, 02:21 PM
WTF is wrong with this focker!:mad: Doesn't he realize he's biting the hand that feeds him. I wish you luck in your legal journey and I hope you find a good home for your boats.

h2oski2fast
04-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Here we go again. I didn't get my way so I'm gonna sue!!!! People are way too "sue happy" now a day. I'm not taking the side of the marina, but if you want to get things changed you're going to have to boycott the place. If you don't like the way they do business, then don't go there! If you want to get back at them, then don't use their facility and get other people you know to stop using it also. When business starts to falter, then the owner will have to take a closer look as to why biz has fallen off. I have never had any problems there but one of my friends has, so I don't use their facility. I don't buy gas, ice or even use the ramp.
Whats a lawsuit gonna prove anyway? I'm right, your wrong? If you were to win, are you going to be happy sending them the $325 each month?
I agree that something needs to be done with that marina, but a lawsuit is ridiculous.

WaTchTheGelCoat
04-16-2004, 02:48 PM
First of all let me start off by saying that i totally agree with all of you. The problem is, this guy simply doesnt care. He will have tons of people waiting to take those slips. He suffers from what i like to call "little dick syndrome"
he was either picked on in school or has a little dick. Now he's in a job that gives him some power to make decisions, and does as he pleases.
Hopefull something comes of your legal actions, and he loses his position as marina manager.
Good Luck

1Shockwaveguy
04-16-2004, 03:00 PM
I am amazed that there are so many problems with the Marina. I have never had a bad experience in there and I am there all the time renting slips and launching my boat. My dad has used that place for 20 some years and never had a problem. Before you say it, I'm not one of the "good ole boys" fact is, they haven't made the connection between my dad and I because we are never in there together and I have a very common last name. Not saying you guys are all wrong, it just amazes me that so many people have had a horrible time there. Sorry to hear about all this

mmered8299
04-16-2004, 03:05 PM
If you not going to sue, I guess you would be happier by kicking the mangager in the junk and pushing him in the water.

KrazyKa
04-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by h2oski2fast
Here we go again. I didn't get my way so I'm gonna sue!!!! People are way too "sue happy" now a day. I'm not taking the side of the marina, but if you want to get things changed you're going to have to boycott the place. If you don't like the way they do business, then don't go there! If you want to get back at them, then don't use their facility and get other people you know to stop using it also. When business starts to falter, then the owner will have to take a closer look as to why biz has fallen off. I have never had any problems there but one of my friends has, so I don't use their facility. I don't buy gas, ice or even use the ramp.
I would tend to agree with you IF this business wasn't being indirectly subsidized by state and local governments. There have been many attempts over the last few years to open up additional launch ramps on the lake that have been thwarted by government action. Since the business benefits from a public land lease it should be forced to adhere to some type of discriminiation regulations.

Ziggy
04-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Used the place one time several years ago, didn't like the attitude I felt even back then and have never returned...would rather paddle my boat back than buy gas there.
Stand at the entrance with boycott signs, freedom of speach, right??
Someone made a valid point though, this guy just doesn't care because the wait list is so long that those slips will be filled in no time with unsuspecting folks who don't read the boards.
I remember the thread from last year about boycotting it and all the letters sent to Mayor and McCollough himself in PalmSprings but apparently it didn't make an impression since others besides us Forum readers are unaware of the issues within and continue to patronize this facility.
Spend that money on some full sized ads in the paper to advise the community and letters to the editor....publicize your predicament.

phebus
04-16-2004, 04:16 PM
It's would be hard for a boycott to be effective, with the lack of launch facilities at the lake. What are the options, Site Six and Windsor. If options were more plentifull I could see where you could have an impact, but with the situation as it exists, good luck.

little rowe boat
04-16-2004, 04:51 PM
More options,Havasu springs,black meadows,sandpoint,cattail cove, havasu landing. They maybe a bit of an inconvenience,but worth it to teach Havasu marina an expensive lesson.

bordsmnj
04-17-2004, 02:38 AM
what if someone printed up fliers and handed them out in the channel every weekend. post bills on every trashcan,etc. if you gonna blockade the place i'd get fifty or so boats togather , motor on in,patiently wait in line for gas and then just cram the place solid with boats for as long as posible. have a "hey,my motor sound's good" party. watch the little dick guy freak out. just hafta make sure everyones sober and legal. i've never luanched there,and after reading all the crap about that clown on here last summer i never will.:D

PerfectionDtail
04-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by h2oski2fast
Whats a lawsuit gonna prove anyway? I'm right, your wrong? If you were to win, are you going to be happy sending them the $325 each month?
I agree that something needs to be done with that marina, but a lawsuit is ridiculous.
I am not a sue happy person, and I have never sued before. There is a problem when I go to a "place" and someone from the business next door starts going off at me. This hasn't happened to me (yet) but from what I understand, the water is not his, but the docks and ramps are, so what gives him the right on the water to verbally go off on you in front of the public.
The law suit isn't about money, this guy has just pissed on too many people. Only thing you can do at this point is to try and destroy him in a lawsuit and drain the piss out of his bank account since the owner and mayor won't do a damn thing.
I am a very mellow person, but does this guy not read or listen to the news? There are so many crazy people out there who would take far more further action than just an ass whooping for bodily harm. Sreaming at a drunk, crazy guy with a gun is stupid, he has no idea which people those could be. I am staying away for the fact he is an ahole, and I also want to keep my family safe.

FastTimmy
04-17-2004, 09:55 AM
I agree with the legal fund. Set it up and ask for donations, I will donate.
I to have been discriminated against by the marina at time of launch, even had the kids with me. They just took one look at the fact my boat was a tunnel and said No. You canÂ’t launch that here. They never even heard it runÂ…. :yuk:

C-2
04-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Keep in mind, everybody, that if a suit is inititiated and certified as a "class" action (which I doubt very much), if you are a named party and lose the suit...you just bought yourself a nice judgment against you for the defendant's legal fees and costs.
Just my jailhouse lawyer take on things.
Gotta be other avenues to pursue.

repo man
04-17-2004, 11:16 AM
i don't even boat at havasu ''i'm a parker kind of guy'' but i will donate just because this guy's an asshole .:mad:

beach gomer
04-17-2004, 02:47 PM
has anyone ever thought about going to the news- Hareld and telling them whats going on.

DeltaSigBoater
04-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
what if someone printed up fliers and handed them out in the channel every weekend. post bills on every trashcan,etc. if you gonna blockade the place i'd get fifty or so boats togather , motor on in,patiently wait in line for gas and then just cram the place solid with boats for as long as posible. have a "hey,my motor sound's good" party. watch the little dick guy freak out. just hafta make sure everyones sober and legal. i've never luanched there,and after reading all the crap about that clown on here last summer i never will.:D
Sounds like a good time :D Who knows it might even become the new spot to hang out at on the holiday weekends!

Havasu Cig
04-17-2004, 06:29 PM
I think consulting with an attorney might be the way to go, but I don't know if you could sue because you have to sho some kind of damages.
What I would consult an attorney about, if you could find one out there willing to listen to you, is the fact that the Marina is supposed to provide service for the town of Lake Havasu City.
When we had this problem last year I talked to a lady at the City that is in charge of development about possibly opening another marina. She stated that Lake Havasu Marina basically has a monopoly as far as privately owned marinas are concerned. As long as the Lake Havasu Marina is able to accomodate the boaters of the City, no other marina will be allowed to be built.
Since the Marina is owned by the son of the founder of Lake Havasu City he obviously has some serious juice, but with the above clause I would think a lawyer would have to get involved and see what they are legally obligated to do. It sounds to me like they are not providing the service theay are supposed to and therefor they should not be able to block another marina from being built.
The problem is that the good old boy network is alive and well out there. You can argue to City officials all day long, but they don't give a $hit. I wrote letter to the mayor, the owner of the Marina ect... but nobody responded.
If this type of $hit continues out there i will seriously consider selling our place and run the boat out here off the coat instead. Maybe I should by a place where I can actually get away and enjoy myself without being hassled. Havasu has changed alot in the recent past, and not for the better in my opinion.

bordsmnj
04-17-2004, 08:59 PM
i thought monopolies were illeagal regaurdless of city policy. maybe y'all could sue them(marina) over that fact or file charges. maybe even getting a change in venue since there a clear conflict of interest when the mayors son own's(in name only i bet)the damned thing. i wonder if anyone's just gone and knocked the little dick out yet. it costs alot of money to pursue something like this. it'd be cool if someone that wanted to build a marina pursued either avenue.

bigkatboat
04-17-2004, 09:09 PM
I have my pontoon in the marina, and when I went to pay for my slip, I heard a totally different story. Everyone there wanted to tell me about the 30' HTM that had 'illegal AZ#' and the owner stood in front of the manager a told him "I changed the AZ# from one boat to the other", "I can do that". The marina has a copy of registration on file, for every boat in the place. The AZ# on the new big red boat was actually the AZ# for a 5 year old smaller HTM. This guy, I guess owns both boats, I don't care. (but this is sure funny!) The marina people went on to say, that they were checking into "who owns that red boat?" and when they looked up the registration, it said 24'HTM! Not a 30' HTM, not a NEW HTM, and the manager wanted more information. Just then the owner (this guy) showed up and tried to BULL SHIT HIM! So now I guess the manager is trying to get some 'true facts' on this AZ# thing and a local law officer tells him that there is "no way" an AZ# is ever taken off of one boat and put on another. The manager has the ID#s copied off of the red boat and they don't match the registration either. The manager and the boat owner meet, at the store and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!!! Why am I never there when this kind of thing goes down? Everyone said they didn't 'slug it out' but it was pretty close to 'throws'. I sure am glad, I don't keep any of my nice boats in the 'war zone', just the "party barge". So, which story is the truth and who will the AZ. Game and Fish officers visit?

Jrocket
04-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Here we go!:D

bordsmnj
04-17-2004, 09:18 PM
<--------getting the popcorn out. beer anyone?soda?:p

Havasu Cig
04-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by bigkatboat
I have my pontoon in the marina, and when I went to pay for my slip, I heard a totally different story. Everyone there wanted to tell me about the 30' HTM that had 'illegal AZ#' and the owner stood in front of the manager a told him "I changed the AZ# from one boat to the other", "I can do that". The marina has a copy of registration on file, for every boat in the place. The AZ# on the new big red boat was actually the AZ# for a 5 year old smaller HTM. This guy, I guess owns both boats, I don't care. (but this is sure funny!) The marina people went on to say, that they were checking into "who owns that red boat?" and when they looked up the registration, it said 24'HTM! Not a 30' HTM, not a NEW HTM, and the manager wanted more information. Just then the owner (this guy) showed up and tried to BULL SHIT HIM! So now I guess the manager is trying to get some 'true facts' on this AZ# thing and a local law officer tells him that there is "no way" an AZ# is ever taken off of one boat and put on another. The manager has the ID#s copied off of the red boat and they don't match the registration either. The manager and the boat owner meet, at the store and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!!! Why am I never there when this kind of thing goes down? Everyone said they didn't 'slug it out' but it was pretty close to 'throws'. I sure am glad, I don't keep any of my nice boats in the 'war zone', just the "party barge". So, which story is the truth and who will the AZ. Game and Fish officers visit?
Even if this side of the story is true, which I doubt from my own dealings with the Marina, it does not matter. There are hundreds of stories like the ones in this thread about the bull$hit the Marina does.
****ing Havasu is starting to be more of a problem than it is worth.:mad:

Havasu Cig
04-17-2004, 09:35 PM

C-2
04-17-2004, 09:47 PM
C2<----waiting for BoatCop to spot this and edumacate us about switching ID numbers and tags.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Oops, wrong thread!
Like HavasuCig sez - still doesn't excuse the fact they are acting like dicks. Afterall, since when did the marina become Johhny Law?

bigkatboat
04-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Maybe you should call yourself "Pacific Cig", or "Bluewater Cig"! Not "Muffler in tailpipe Cig"!

C-2
04-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Maybe you should call yourself "Pacific Cig", or "Bluewater Cig"! Not "Muffler in tailpipe Cig"!
Isn't "Bluewater Cig" kind of an oxymoron in this situation? :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL

Havasu Cig
04-18-2004, 09:15 AM
You know originally I had posted a smart ass response to your post but erased it, maybe I should have left it.
I see you put LHC as your location. How long have you lived there?
Are you a transplant from somewhere else who thinks they own the ****ing place once they live there (Like 90% of the other so called locals)?
What kind of cat (spelled CAT by the way) do you own, and where do you launch it from?
Sounds to me like you and Jeff are buddies, maybe that is why you came on here defending him. Sorry if I hurt your feelings talking about your bitch like I did. Or maybe I have it wrong, maybe it is the other way around.
By the way I have owned a house out there for several years now, does that mean I can call myself a local as well?
**** off dipshit.

PerfectionDtail
04-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Since no one will listen, Mayor, owner, etc. take this thing into yor own hands.
Always have your video camera with you at the lake and ANY TIME you have to approach the marina, wether to lauch/load or get fuel or ice, have the camera right next to you. If someone goes crazy on you, tape the whole thing. After a few tapes surface to the media how a local business treats their customers, that might spark some change. I will always have my camera on me now at Havasu.
Don't forget to post some clips here as well. Should be a cool show.

bigkatboat
04-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Havasu Cig, this wasn't ALL ABOUT YOU in the begining, but I thought that because you were SOOOO angry at the marina I would offer you some 'tastefull' ways out of your "Havasu" pain. I do see that no one, including the originator of this thread has come on and said that my statements were untrue. I'm (trying to be) friends with everybody, Jeff included, and I'm still paying for my boat slip, so I guess I'm not as important as you think I am. I have a business relationship with the people at the marina, that means; "it's a MONEY KIND OF DEAL!" If you all 'need' a personal relationship with the marina, then keep on crying about the "poor treatment" , or just DON"T GO BACK THERE!!! Buy gas on the California side, and stay away from those who give you 'problems'. If I went to a party and didn't feel welcome, I'd LEAVE!!!! "I don't need them and they don't need me"!!! As far as 'being a new' person in Havasu, I'm "new" everywhere I go. I have been vacationing here for a little over 33 years and have lived here full time for about 5 years. Thanks for telling me that "I don't own the town", I think the problem is that "you don't either". I pay my way, and if I cann't or won't pay 'my own way' , I'll do something else. I won't try to "start legal action", or try to 'force' anyone to MY WAY OF THINKING! Do you get what I'm saying ??? "I want a BIG MAC at 7.30 AM, my local Mc Donalds says '**** off' you can wait 'till 11.30 like everyone else" " I'm going to get my LAWYER and you will be sorry!" Grow up, get together and build your own marina, and quit making things so GD tuff for those of us who 'play by the rules'!!!! Let's see... your $10 x 30, VS. MY $300 x 52. GO AWAY OR SHUT THE **** UP! Why not 'force' the city to fix "site 6" for your own use, you bullshitters!!! Then it would just be my 'tax' dollars taking CARE of you "legends in your own minds"!!! PS, where is the owner of the "boat in question"? Is the boat registered, or were the marina people telling me the TRUTH??

Sleek-Jet
04-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Since when did this little argument have anything to do with money??

bigkatboat
04-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Havasu Cig! Thanks for the tip, BUDDY! I picked up some college girls today and we all went into a cove across from 'steamboat' and we are '****ing off' like you said! These girls are really GREAT and they know how to 'take it easy' on an old guy. I want to thank you again for 'setting me STRAIGHT' on the "Havasu deal". Try to lighten up you 'tight ass'! PS, what is a 'bucockie'? (sp?)

bigkatboat
04-18-2004, 09:27 PM
OOOOOOOH!!!!....., I know now!

fourspeednup
04-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Well this is becoming somewhat spirited;)

unleashed
04-18-2004, 10:03 PM
This ones becoming good. I need a beer!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

AdrenelineOD
04-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Gettin hot in here:devil:

bigkatboat
04-18-2004, 11:05 PM
This IS FUN! Perfection? Should I look for a guy with a camera on him "ALL THE TIME", or should I look for a guy with a "BIG WHITE SPOT, IN THE SHAPE OF A CAMERA" and sunburned all over the rest of him? You jerk offs don't get it! Going to the lake is a FUN thing, not another JOB! If the marina is such a PROBLEM, YOU should ELIMINATE IT from your activities! Put down your cameras, and pick up your girlfriends/ wives, and have a GREAT time away from the marina! I don't think it's a 'personal thing', 'political thing', or a "class action, thing", it's (as Trump says) "just business". In the words of a great American "spread out you morons"! (Moe Howard)

doubletrouble
04-19-2004, 12:10 AM
I think all the grocery clerks in Cal should picket the marina !!!:yuk:

Sleek-Jet
04-19-2004, 03:38 AM

SoCalOffshore
04-19-2004, 06:26 AM
This IS FUN! Perfection? Should I look for a guy with a camera on him "ALL THE TIME", or should I look for a guy with a "BIG WHITE SPOT, IN THE SHAPE OF A CAMERA" and sunburned all over the rest of him? You jerk offs don't get it! Going to the lake is a FUN thing, not another JOB! If the marina is such a PROBLEM, YOU should ELIMINATE IT from your activities! Put down your cameras, and pick up your girlfriends/ wives, and have a GREAT time away from the marina! I don't think it's a 'personal thing', 'political thing', or a "class action, thing", it's (as Trump says) "just business". In the words of a great American "spread out you morons"! (Moe Howard)
I don't know where you came from, but you need to crawl back under the managers desk at the marina and assume the position. :yuk:

Freak
04-19-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
I don't know where you came from, but you need to crawl back under the managers desk at the marina and assume the position. :yuk:
BAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA

Jrocket
04-19-2004, 06:39 AM
LMAO!

Charley
04-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
LMAO!
I'm Laughing at him laughing.. I need a beer too...oh shit it's 7:44am, nevermind

FastTimmy
04-19-2004, 07:16 AM
I do agree with the it is up to us to go away thing if we don't like it. However if in fact the marina has a hold on the construction of new marinas because they say they (the marina) can take care of the needs of the boats of havasu. Well I can state for sure that they are NOT. The need for another marina in the havasu area is greatly accellerating.
Not for the point of crushing the marina but for the point of paving the way for another marina. we need to documnet and expose this total waist of a good facility for what it is. A club of pontoon drivers and wine sippers.
Timmy

Havasu_Dreamin
04-19-2004, 08:21 AM
What is being lost on BKB's rant, the point that I think he missed, is that the marina is not treating everyone in a fair/equal manner.
If the marina chooses to not allow boats over 30 feet to launch, fine, that is their perogative as the owner of the marina. However, that restriction needs to be applied to every boat over 30. The problem is the rules are being applied in a random manner which is where the problem arises.
To put this in terms that BKB can understand, let's say you go to the local McDonalds and order a Big Mac and 7:30 and they tell you to pound sand. However, the guy behind you orders the same thing and they make it for him. That's the problem.

Three Days Only
04-19-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Bling Bling
HTm632 & Jrocket, Hopefully this will make you fell better. If Jeff is the guy that is a bit over weight, meaning his belly is so big he can't see his dick when he pisses, I also had a run in with this jackass. As I was pulling my boat up to pick a friend up on the gas dock, this guy also started screaming at me for noise. Granted my boat is loud so I tried to apoligize, but he just kept yelling. As I looked around at all the people looking at me, as if they were saying are you gonna take that shit, My aggressive behavior came out and I told him on the dock if he didn't shut his mouth I would shut it for him. As everyone around started to laugh at him, his anger grew. Like in Jrocket's case, he also walk in showing his bark is way worse then his bite. As he walked away with people still laughing, I proceded to tell him not to take his frustrations out on us boaters, it's not are fault that your fat ass could not pass the police fittness test and you had to take this job. By this time, there were a few people laughing so hard, they could not drive there boats to there trailer. I should of left the aggressive behavior out it, by the people's laughter I got my point across. If this was not jeff, most all the people on that dock that work for the marina at one time has given me shit. I now launch at Windsor or Crazyhorse, f--k the marina. Htm632 I strongly suggest not to take that shit, and if there is something you can do, proceed. Good luck.

Havasu Cig
04-19-2004, 11:15 AM
BKB,
You are exactly the kind of dipshits I am talking about. I don't care how long you have been going to havasu, you have only lived there for five years but now you are a "local". Now that you live there you want everything to change and you want all the people from California to stop coming there. I have been going to Havasu for many years as well even though I am probably younger than you. Since I own a house there I guess I can be a call mysel a local as well and tell alll the people from cali to stay the **** away.
You never did say what kind of cat you owned by the way. How about a pic? Tell me your not the typical "older" person that lives in Havasu and is jelous when they see younger people in more expensive boats. If so that might explain why you and Jeff get along so well. After all he did tell me that people with big boats are assholes. I am thinking maybe he is a little jelous, but that is just my opinion.
As far as the Marina is concerned they do have a monopoly on private ramps open to the public. This came directly from a person at the City Development Office. I inquired about opening another ramp and was told the Marina has the first right of refusal. They also told me the Richie McCullough does not own the land the Marina sits on. He leases it, and part of the agreement of the lease is they have to be able to provided launch services to the boats of LHC.
You were the one that made this personal by the way. I was simply stating that the story you got from Jeff may or may not be true. Jeff, and others at the Marina have lied to me several times in the past. I don't believe $hit they tell me anymore.
I am not the best at getting my point across over the internet so feel free to flag me down this weekend at the poker run. I am sure you know what my boat looks like.;)

PerfectionDtail
04-19-2004, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Havasu Cig
[B]BKB,
They also told me the Richie McCullough does not own the land the Marina sits on. He leases it, and part of the agreement of the lease is they have to be able to provided launch services to the boats of LHC.
A partner and I looked into trying and getting something started such as hotel/marina on the island or in the channel. The city seemed only interested in condos/housing right now. From what I understand, all of the land on the island is leased. I could be wrong, he was the one that met with the council.

Krumbsnatcher
04-19-2004, 01:16 PM
I agree with Havasucig,
I was boating on an off weekend and have been boating in havasu for the last 10 years. I have owned a house there for the last 8.
First the marina took away our season passes, by the way loud boats never bothered them before or us spending our money.
Back to my story there was maybe 2 boats at the entire ramp, now yes I do have a blown motor and no I do not plan on putting exhaust silencers on my boat. It is only loud till the pipes fill with water anyway, then it just sounds stout.
So I have my two kids 11, 8 and their cousin in my boat i am backed into the water, the water level was low so I had to back the trailer in deeper and then put the boat in forward so my wife can release the pin.
As we are doing this the fuXXXXXX old man named "SAM" on his badge comes running over to my wife and starts yelling at her. Well I stopped the boat and this dick head starts yelling at me and my wife and rants you large boat big trucks over ego boaters can not boat here anylonger, then he and I have some words and I avoided the situation and pulled my boat back onto the trailer and launched at Windsor, fxxxk that place.
Anyhow, when will these stupid old people snap out of it and realize the reason that those business in the London Bridge area are out of business is becuase people like my self and my friends choose not to spend our money in their hands any longer. Then invited us to do so by not allowing mooring our boats over night and further not having enough slips to accomodate boaters.
Havasu is as only as good as it can maintain tourists dollars, I personally would like to the town go bust and drive out the snow birds that have decided to retire there.
Enough ranting, All i really watned to say was I agree start boycotting the place, besides everyone has a few beers while driving their boats and it is only a matter of time before the Nazi-Security starts profiling you to the police.
Sure the police can probably do nothing unless, but believe me once you are on their radar you are done.
Oh yes, he was also mentioning and bragging about kicking the ***boat president off the ramp prior to me.
A pissed off boater in havasu

Dr. Eagle
04-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Did you at least get your effing launch fees back?????

htm632
04-20-2004, 02:43 PM
As I expected, someone came running to Jeff's defense.
I made a trip down to Havasu this weekend to catch up on some maintenance items and, of course, remove my mooring box container at my slips because my deadline to be out of there is the 25th. Also, I did not want to miss the Lake Havasu Marina Yacht Club celebration on Sunday. As I went down for an overnight stay only, I am sorry to say that I missed the Yacht Club parade and barbeque. I must have arrived just a little too late. Damn.
I was wondering if Jeff would be as kind to put on an event for the Lake Havasu Hot Boat marina people as well. For some reason, I just donÂ’t see that happening.....
In response to the posts by Bigkatboat (kitty kat???), I somewhat cannot help but think that as he said in his post, he wants to be friends with everyone including Jeff....maybe he is a little closer to Jeff than what he is saying.
I thought that I would make one attempt to clarify my termination from the Lake Havasu Marina, since to this day, I myself am not exactly clear as to why I was terminated. I came in to the marina at 7:30am on Monday and my objective was to make one last attempt to resume the use of my slips. It worked out perfectly! I entered the gate at the same time Jeff was entering. As I pulled up next to him, I got out of my car and walked around to the back side of his car to approach him. He instantly started telling me that if I did not leave the marina right away, he would call security. Actually....he told me to get the hell out of the marina before he called security. Nice way to start the conversation, huh?
As I tried to have a conversation with him to find out the REAL reason as to why he terminated me, he continued to scream louder and ask what I did not understand about "Get the **** back in your truck and leave this marina now!!??" As I continued to try to talk to him, he pushed his panic alarm on his truck (donÂ’t know if it was an accident or on purpose). During this time, he was unloading his briefcase and his friendly dog that he never leaves behind. If he liked people as much as he liked dogs, maybe we could get somewhere. As I further attempted to talk to him, he walked away from me screaming "Get the **** out of the marina, I am calling security!" Obviously, I did not stand to gain anything at that point.
Real professional way to handle things, donÂ’t you think??
You think that a man in his position, running the marina, would be able to handle issues in a more professional manner. I really do believe that he is an f-ing coward. As you will see in all these postings, he does a whole lot of screaming, but runs away before the situation can go any further. You can only pull that shit with people so many times before one loses their mind.
As I went to my slip to empty my mooring box, he called security over and stayed at the far side of the parking lot, glaring at me while I removed the mooring box. I had a friend with me that never got out of the car, but was amazed to see the reaction. He didnÂ’t believe it himself.
To clear up the issue about the registration(AZ numbers) that Bigkatboat brought up.....there is some truth to that, but the situation is much less than what was stated....I am not on here to bullshit anyone. I am simply speaking the truth about how this marina is run, which many of you here have seen with your own eyes. As you will see in my original posting, I had indicated that I had permission from Tony in the office. I am sure if you know Lake Havasu Marina well, you know Tony. You will also remember from my original posting, Tony came out of the store and gave me temporary mooring rights in the (my own) slip. In fact, I had had several conversations with Tony about this issue.
As you know, Bigkatboat since you use the slips at the marina, they have a manifest sheet that the marina security uses when walking the docks every night to verify that the proper boats are in the proper slips. You also failed to mention that there is a sticker that is posted on each boat that moors in the marina with a dock number on it. Of course, this was on my boat that I had parked in my/the slip. As I said originally, this is a brand new boat, and I was waiting for my new AZ numbers. I knew that the boat could not sit in the marina without a proper number that matched the manifest. As I originally posted also, the new boat was only moored one night in my slip. It is funny how all this happened in such a short time.
I actually went to West Marine and bought stickers for the boat that day to put them on the boat while it was moored that night so that the security people would be able to match that boat to that slip.
Come on man, if you think I am going to purchase a boat that costs this much and not register it with the AZ Fish and Game Dept. you obviously are very naïve.
As I "attempted" to explain this to Jeff on the day he locked my boat up to the dock, if indeed Bigkatboat, you heard the story correctly, you would have known that I never had the chance to state what REALLY happened with that situation. Jeff paced up and down the docks screaming at me like he had some type of power. Well, I guess he does...over the marina.
You would think that a reasonable person would sit down and discuss this matter, especially after his staff came out and told Jeff that I was given the right to more THAT boat in there. Like I said before, I was supposedly "Number 1" on the waiting list for the new slip. For some reason, I just donÂ’t think I was ever going to get that slip. As I launched the boat the weekend that this all went down, I was told by one of the people on the launch ramp that I should idle on one motor only because Jeff is on a rampage and he hates HTM's. I am not sticking up for HTM because I have one, but I do believe that he goes out of his way to make his feelings known.
What is funny to me is that he found reason to terminate me from both of my slips, the one holding my 30' HTM and the one holding my deck boat (NOT an HTM)
As this long drama goes on, all this came down in a night. Can you imagine that??
As I noted earlier, I made a second attempt to talk to him and ended up with the same results. Maybe it is just as well, this is another way for him to get a sailboat or one of the Good Ol' Boys in to the marina. I think that there is probably more truth to that than anything.
As far as the lawsuit goes, I did contact a lawyer in the Lake Havasu area. Funny, but I was referred to him and was told that he was one of the best lawyers in town, and one of the longest practicing lawyers in town. No big surprise, but as soon as I mentioned the Lake Havasu marina, I was told that they are one of his clients. As I indicated to this individual, I did not want to sue the marina as much as I wanted to sue Jeff Bekkedahl directly. He told me that Jeff was one of their clients as well.
I am sure that with Lake Havasu being as tight knit of a little town as it is, the lawyers in town probably meet on a weekly basis to discuss who is suing who. You know, we all have to make our mortgage payments and pay our other bills somehow. I have come to the determination that it is probably a lost cause as far as getting an attorney in Lake Havasu City.
Something else that I did not mention earlier...during my visit to Lake Havasu Marina on Monday to confront Jeff......during his screaming and telling me to get out of the marina, and me attempting to tell him that I would like to have a civil conversation and discuss his reasons for terminating me, he said "Well obviously you have contacted lawyers and been on the internet". Funny how he knew that information, wouldnÂ’t you think?? I was somewhat surprised, but not really. As I come on this site and see all these postings, I am not surprised to see that he has some close friends out there, some of them are obviously here.
For me, this is more of a situation where I feel that people should be treated fairly and given the benefit of the doubt. As I explained through these posts, I am speaking nothing but the truth. I am sure that there are some people that will question this, but you have to count on that. So far, as you will see, you cannot stop Jeff either. I know that we will continue to try, and maybe someday one person that he does say the wrong thing to will teach him a very good lesson that will stick with him for the rest of his life. If I were him, I would certainly be a little bit more careful as to how I treated people. As you can see through this website alone, there are many that feel the same that I do. I certainly would not want to have people feel this was about me as I do run my own business. His day will come...maybe sooner than later......
PS- Yep, I got to take my 20" Gatlin mufflers out and make some real power now. What a great feeling that was!
Oh yeah, I did not know that Jeff ran the Fish and Game Department. He did take the time to call them and report my 30' HTM as stolen. You think he would have better things to do with his time. Then again, he thinks he wears many hats......but, in fact he only wears the one funky ass tan one.

dimarcobros
04-20-2004, 03:09 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! That is some funny shit.
DMB

AzDon
04-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by htm632
As far as the lawsuit goes, I did contact a lawyer in the Lake Havasu area. Funny, but I was referred to him and was told that he was one of the best lawyers in town, and one of the longest practicing lawyers in town. No big surprise, but as soon as I mentioned the Lake Havasu marina, I was told that they are one of his clients. As I indicated to this individual, I did not want to sue the marina as much as I wanted to sue Jeff Bekkedahl directly. He told me that Jeff was one of their clients as well.
I am sure that with Lake Havasu being as tight knit of a little town as it is, the lawyers in town probably meet on a weekly basis to discuss who is suing who. You know, we all have to make our mortgage payments and pay our other bills somehow. I have come to the determination that it is probably a lost cause as far as getting an attorney in Lake Havasu City.
My wife works for a law firm here (probably the one you visited) and starts a new job in two weeks as a clerk for the Justice of the Peace. I will tell you that most lawyers in this town prefer to avoid cases against businesses. The attorney that takes cases that others won't, even frivolous ones, is Harvey Jackson.
The way I see it, if you have a particular slip that's paid for, you should be allowed to park any boat that fits, after reporting it's presence. If you wanna keep your slip when you trade boats, it shouldn't be anybody else's concern if you continue to pay the rent and report the change. If they wanna insist that you vacate after selling your boat, you should recieve any rent for that slip while it's still yours!
I think your only hope of winning is to drive a wedge of doubt between this employed manager and Mr. McCulloch. This would require an extensive letter-writing campaign and a VERY public protest that the media cannot ignore! How much work are you willing to put into this personally? Are you willing to risk arrest by blockading the place? Almost all "Letters to the Editor" get printed in the local paper. That might be a good way to alert the media about a "protest rally". More likely you will choose having fun in Havasu than investing your liesure time in this way.
I know BigKat, but won't comment about his connection to the marina. His own comments kinda indicate his feelings about the place. I neither love it nor hate it, nor do I use it. Buying gas on the trailer is cheaper and easier!

FlatUgly
04-20-2004, 06:31 PM
IM gonna put on my helmet now

SoCalOffshore
04-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Why doesn't someone just kick this guys ass? Seriously, how can he expect to talk to people this way and not get his assed kicked?? I say this with the utmost respect and professionalism. :D

locogringo
04-20-2004, 08:58 PM
HTM632... from reading what's here, you are a coherent, intelligent individual. Look me up in the Channel, Steamboat or up in Park Moabi; I will keep a 12 pack of Hefeweizen (my favorite beer) for you on my boat for all your shitty problems with the marina. But, you only have until the end of May to get it from me, after that, I'm chilling it and drinking it myself.
Ever since Havasu Cig had his problems, I haven't even gone near the Marina nor will I.

bordsmnj
04-20-2004, 10:42 PM
QUOTE: Oh yeah, I did not know that Jeff ran the Fish and Game Department. He did take the time to call them and report my 30' HTM as stolen. You think he would have better things to do with his time. Then again, he thinks he wears many hats......but, in fact he only wears the one funky ass tan one.
Man, what a little bitch.
:mad: i wonder how many peeps this guy has treated like that?does he hafta watch his back?
adage: always speak with candy coated words. someday you may hafta eat 'em.:D

Freak
04-21-2004, 04:16 AM
Why doesn't someone just kick this guys ass? Seriously, how can he expect to talk to people this way and not get his assed kicked?? I say this with the utmost respect and professionalism. :D
That is what I am thinking. One day someone with a temper worse than his will CLEAN HIS CLOCK. My guess not at the marina but somewhere random. Or he will die of a heart attack from all the screaming. LOL.

lurid
04-21-2004, 08:39 AM
as long as you can get one other person to file a police report with you regarding his language in front of your family or friends you can get him for disorderly conduct. It would be a lot better if the witness you get to help you is unknown to you, but they were offended by what took place and language.
13-2904. Disorderly conduct; classification
A. A person commits disorderly conduct if, with intent to disturb the peace or quiet of a neighborhood, family or person, or with knowledge of doing so, such person:
1. Engages in fighting, violent or seriously disruptive behavior; or
2. Makes unreasonable noise; or
3. Uses abusive or offensive language or gestures to any person present in a manner likely to provoke immediate physical retaliation by such person; or
4. Makes any protracted commotion, utterance or display with the intent to prevent the transaction of the business of a lawful meeting, gathering or procession; or
5. Refuses to obey a lawful order to disperse issued to maintain public safety in dangerous proximity to a fire, a hazard or any other emergency; or
6. Recklessly handles, displays or discharges a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
B. Disorderly conduct under subsection A, paragraph 6 is a class 6 felony. Disorderly conduct under subsection A, paragraph 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 is a class 1 misdemeanor.

lurid
04-21-2004, 08:40 AM
be careful of blockade13-2917. Public nuisance; abatement; classification
A. It is a public nuisance, and is no less a nuisance because the extent of the annoyance or damage inflicted is unequal, for anything:
1. To be injurious to health, indecent, offensive to the senses or an obstruction to the free use of property that interferes with the comfortable enjoyment of life or property by an entire community or neighborhood or by a considerable number of persons.
2. To unlawfully obstruct the free passage or use, in the customary manner, of any navigable lake, river, bay, stream, canal or basin, or any public park, square, street or highway.
B. It is a public nuisance for any person to sell, offer to sell, transfer, trade or disseminate any item which is obscene as defined in section 13-3501, within two thousand feet, measured in a straight line, of the nearest boundary line of any of the following:
1. Any building used as a private or public elementary or high school.
2. Any public park.
3. Any residence district as defined in section 28-101.
C. The county attorney, the attorney general or the city attorney may bring an action in superior court to abate, enjoin and prevent the activity described in subsections A and B of this section.
D. Any person who knowingly maintains or commits a public nuisance or who knowingly fails or refuses to perform any legal duty relating to the removal of a public nuisance is guilty of a class 2 misdemeanor.

91nordic29
04-21-2004, 09:45 AM
this is the link to the better business bureau that serves lake havasu city. HTM, you should (and others) file a complaint:
BBB (http://www.phoenix.bbb.org/)

PerfectionDtail
04-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Here is a new organization website for the Havasu area if you haven't tried this route.
http://www.maddog.net/

Dr. Eagle
04-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by htm632
How much ya wanna bet the attorney was the one that wanted your slips????????:mad:

Dave C
04-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Lurid,
you are correct but people have a right to a peaceful public assemble to express their first amendment rights to lawfully protest on public land.
If a police officer orders them to disper then they must obey.
It seems that if they are leasing public land then people have a right to make their disatisfaction known by use of a peaceful public protest.

Dr. Eagle
04-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Even if this side of the story is true, which I doubt from my own dealings with the Marina, it does not matter. There are hundreds of stories like the ones in this thread about the bull$hit the Marina does.
****ing Havasu is starting to be more of a problem than it is worth.:mad:
I have heard nothing but bad press on Havasu Marina. I personally would not patronize them. Just like Cig said, even if their side of the story were true in this case, there are just too many others that sound just like it. Screw them......:mad:

Dave C
04-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Plus if the city signed a contract to give them first right of refusal then you should protest the City too. Seems like that leads to the lack of facilities.
Although this may be like pissing up a tree if there is an ol boys network.
Good luck.

Dr. Eagle
04-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
Plus if the city signed a contract to give them first right of refusal then you should protest the City too. Seems like that leads to the lack of facilities.
Although this may be like pissing up a tree if there is an ol boys network.
Good luck.
GOB network...........It does seem like one of those for sure... Everybody knows everybody and I bet they cover each others backs as much as they can get away with.......:mad:

Froggystyle
04-23-2004, 03:57 PM
I used to be a punk. Rocker that is. Skater, guitar player etc...
I recall with great clarity repurcussions for such actions and attitudes as being extremely costly to business owners. I recall them happening all of the time, with no further provocation and with less warning. In fact, they happened until the offending businesses dried up, or apologized by their actions and policies changing to be more freindly to everyone. When normal legal channels were taken, or ineffective, people ususally resorted to less legal, but far more persuasive methods of retribution.
I will never go to Havasu Marina again, and I will advise all of my clients against it as well. I would personally never want to put myself in a situation where a sawed off fatman ever disrespected me in such a way and I had to keep from introducing his teeth to his colon by way of digestion.

rivercrazy
04-23-2004, 03:59 PM
The problem though is one of capacity. There are launch facilities in that area of Havasu. If everyone boycotted Havasu Marina, all the other ramps would quickly fill to capacity leaving lots of boaters without a place to launch.....
I hope something changes here.......

Floatin'
04-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
I used to be a punk. Rocker that is. Skater, guitar player etc...
I recall with great clarity repurcussions for such actions and attitudes as being extremely costly to business owners. I recall them happening all of the time, with no further provocation and with less warning. In fact, they happened until the offending businesses dried up, or apologized by their actions and policies changing to be more freindly to everyone. When normal legal channels were taken, or ineffective, people ususally resorted to less legal, but far more persuasive methods of retribution.
I will never go to Havasu Marina again, and I will advise all of my clients against it as well. I would personally never want to put myself in a situation where a sawed off fatman ever disrespected me in such a way and I had to keep from introducing his teeth to his colon by way of digestion.
Hey I resemble that remark :D . Nowdays I just shut my mouth, turn around and walk away and take my business elsewhere. No I'm not a pussy, I just don't need the hassle anymore. I have no problems and I don't need any :cool:

Froggystyle
04-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Floatin'
Hey I resemble that remark :D . Nowdays I just shut my mouth, turn around and walk away and take my business elsewhere. No I'm not a pussy, I just don't need the hassle anymore. I have no problems and I don't need any :cool:
Tell me about it...:rolleyes: