PDA

View Full Version : Through my back out F**K!!

Boozer
03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
So yesterday morning I tripped over some of my brothers motorcross gear in the garage that he decided just throw in front of the entryway. As the day progressed my back started to hurt more and more then finally while shooting a game of pool the pain got to be almost unbearable. After sitting down for about 20 minutes my back felt better and I was able to move around more and figured I'd be okay.
About 15 minutes ago I was carrying in groceries weighing at most 25-30 lbs. By the time I made it to my front door I managed to put the groceries down and buckled over in pain. The pain in my back is excruciating I can barely walk at this point. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to see the doctor tomorrow.
What the hell could happen to make my back go from feeling fine to extreme pain so quickly and with such a small amount of weight?
The worst part of it all is that I now have to cancel my date tonight with one of the hottest women I have ever met in my entire life. Sh*tty luck.

MagicMtnDan
03-31-2006, 05:35 PM
What went through your back Boozer?! An arrow? A bullet? :D
Sorry to hear you threw your back out. But that's no excuse to cancel a date with a hottie! You should use your bad back for sympathy - have her bring you dinner and drinks to your bedroom and nurse you back to health.
Feel better soon

Boozer
03-31-2006, 05:38 PM
What went through your back Boozer?! An arrow? A bullet? :D
Sorry to hear you threw your back out. But that's no excuse to cancel a date with a hottie! You should use your bad back for sympathy - have her bring you dinner and drinks to your bedroom and nurse you back to health.
Feel better soon
Taking some asprin now and firing up the heat pad. Hopefully I can pull this sucker off. Maybe if I show up in a wheel chair I'll get some sympathy head.

ROZ
03-31-2006, 06:21 PM
You need medicinal marajuana :)

kanedog
03-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Ha Ha, you old.
Im old (36) and have a back breakdown like what u had about every 10 months. Usually its not something I physically do, it just kind of happens exactly the way you say. It gets more painful as the day progresses and thats when I have to relax for a few days. I really prolong the soreness if I push it too soon after resting. Good luck.

THATJEFFGUY
03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey Boozer, are ya sure you didn't throw your back out from doing that dance in your avatar ??

ROZ
03-31-2006, 07:31 PM
It's a stress related.. Quite your jobs and go hang out at the river :)
I haven't slept this good in YEARS :)

BigDoug
03-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Danny, Kanedog is right you need complete rest for a good day or so.. :)
Oh....... and that date you mentioned........send her my way. :yuk:

BOBALOO
03-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Flexeril,codine and naproxen are your friend. Embrace them and REST!

HCS
03-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Like said above. How old are you? :rolleyes:
Advice from HCS.
Being how I have a really sore lower back, ever since a dirt bike endo when I
was 17 years old.
Here's my thought...
First thing I did was find a good Chiropractor.
STRESS. A good one.
Then I got on a work out recovery program. I started weight training.
(properly).
If you carry a gut that is the first thing to cause back problems.
Most doctors will just throw pills at you. That just cover ups the injury.
With time it will re-occure. Then you pop more pills.
That does not correct the problem.
Unless you have a serious disk problem.
Then your screwed.

ROZ
03-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Like said above. How old are you? :rolleyes:
Advice from HCS.
Being how I have a really sore lower back, ever since a dirt bike endo when I
was 17 years old.
Here's my thought...
First thing I did was find a good Chiropractor.
STRESS. A good one.
Then I got on a work out recovery program. I started weight training.
(properly).
If you carry a gut that is the first thing to cause back problems.
Most doctors will just throw pills at you. That just cover ups the injury.
With time it will re-occure. Then you pop more pills.
That does not correct the problem.
Unless you have a serious disk problem.
Then your screwed.
You're exactly correct...... He's screwed! :D
On a serious note, I hope Boozer is feeling better...

HCS
04-01-2006, 12:05 AM
You're exactly correct...... He's screwed! :D
On a serious note, I hope Boozer is feeling better...
You know......if he'd post X rays we could figure out how screwed he is.
Then maybe we could fix him. :idea:

ROZ
04-01-2006, 01:04 AM
You know......if he'd post X rays we could figure out how screwed he is.
Then maybe we could fix him. :idea:
You're brillian! Post'em, Boozer! :D

Jim W
04-01-2006, 06:21 AM
I agree with HCS.
Ask around for a really good chiropractor.
The guy I use is bigger than I am and is really able to "correct" me by using his weight and strength. I dont think a smaller person could do what he does.
It sounds to me like a pinched nerve. That's what gives you that intense pain.
I pinch a nerve about once a year and it's been happening for years now.
What works for me:
Go to chiropractor.
Get some pain pills. Friend's, doctors scrip, whatever.
I like a heating pad on the floor. Also, dont sleep in a bed. Sleep on the floor. A soft bed will let your back move into bad positions and you wake up sore again.
When I pinch a nerve, the muscles around the pinch point contract in spasm so I have my G/F massage those muscles out with some oil. Everytime I start to hurt, I get those muscles massaged. I lay on my stomach and she straddles my legs then uses the heel of her palm rubbing up and down the two rows of muscles on either side of my spine. It will hurt like hell until she gets the muscles to relax but then I can stand up and walk around just fine.
Dont do ANYTHING for a few days. If you push it, you will just re-injure the nerve.
I would be willing to bet you are going to hurt yourself again.
What I have found is that I usually hurt my back in the mornings. Now I am real good about getting my back warmed up in the AM if I have any physical work to do.
Just a few thought's from a old guy (50)
Be good, Jim

meaniam
04-01-2006, 08:03 AM
if this is still a problem buy some mineral ice it better then icyhot and bengay at least for me. and i have a screw up back with a bad disc and fractured spine. i have told several people about it and everybody says it works well usually over night.
when i played football this is what everybody uses. make sure you throw a shirt or something back on. it seems to work better. good luck boozer and in a few weeks im sure you will be fine.

Jim W
04-01-2006, 08:18 AM
if this is still a problem buy some mineral ice it better then icyhot and bengay at least for me. and i have a screw up back with a bad disc and fractured spine. i have told several people about it and everybody says it works well usually over night.
when i played football this is what everybody uses. make sure you throw a shirt or something back on. it seems to work better. good luck boozer and in a few weeks im sure you will be fine.
Never heard of mineral ice???
What is it and how does it work???
Be good, Jim

JetBoatRich
04-01-2006, 08:39 AM
How was the date :rolleyes:
or did you stay home alonehttp://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/tosser.gif

HammerDown
04-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Trunk rotations...seriously.
On your back (floor) knees up and together, arms spread, shoulders touching floor....gently swing your knees to the left and then right, allowing time for a stretch/pull in each direction.
Keep shoulders touching floor w/feet and knees together when doing rotations.

Flying Tiger
04-01-2006, 10:15 AM
4 mile walk everyday is the only cure in my book.
It'll shift the gears and syncros back into proper mesh.
Had hore - endous pain all my adult life, until, this advise from a orthopedic surgeon was the best I ever got.

meaniam
04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Never heard of mineral ice???
What is it and how does it work???
Be good, Jim
i think you will find it at walmart walgreens savon and rite aid its blue color.

spectras only
04-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Boozer , don't fret it's not the end of the world. I screewed my back in 1989 opening up a hide-a-bed that was stuck .Had a small fracture the docs said nothing can be done about it . The injury was so small ,only an MRI could detect it. Pain comes and goes but I can live with it. Let the little woman carry your groceries in the future :rollside:

Ziggy
04-01-2006, 01:46 PM
You weren't carrying your dry cleaning at the same time were ya? :220v: :D
I've thrown my back out on a couple occassions....I'll hang from my hands with arms stretched out or upside down from my knees and let gravity straighten things back out... Works for me. :)
Or have my wife walk up my back :cool:

ahhell
04-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Time and rest are your best friends right now. I did the same thing a few weeks ago just getting out of the shower. just take some Aleve, and lay on the floor with your legs on the couch or chair.
Any pain radiating down your legs???
I do MRI's for 12 packs :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

moneypit
04-01-2006, 02:26 PM
If your back is still messed up and you want to drive to Simi, then PM me.
1. Dont use the heating pad. (It dries out the muscle and slows the metabolism)
2.. Sounds like a good strain. Use ICE and Moist heat. Alternate consistantly (20 mins each). A jacuzzi or bathtub will work fine. And maybe throw down some Advil.
3. It could be a disc thats creating the pain, but the symptoms at this point are about the same as a strain. With a bad disc you could get radiating pain/numbness or tingling into the gluteal area or legs/toes. (but it could still be a disc and there are ways to figure it out)
4. Could have subluxated a joint also. A few adjustments can help
Try not to sit for long periods.
Like I said, If you need more help. Im only a jingle away.

Jim W
04-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, what moneypit said!!! :idea:
it's the old radiating-gluteal, sub luxated, discy/jointed thingy!!! :)
Hope you are feeling better.
Be good, Jim

kanedog
04-01-2006, 10:03 PM
haha, you old

topless
04-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Sorry to hear that Boozer. Why wasn't your assistant carrying the groceries?

phebus
04-02-2006, 07:51 AM
No, when are you people going to get this right. His assistant was carrying the babies!! :)

mbrown2
04-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Ice for the 1st 24 hours, and then alternate heat/ice....the shooting intense pain is either pinched nerve or more likely inflammation....need the ice to take down the inflammation, and then heat/ice....

Charley
04-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Can A chiro do anything for psyatica (sp?) ... I have not been diagnosed but have a strong feeling thats what I have

Ion
04-02-2006, 05:56 PM
I've been having lumbar area spasms for about a decade now and have tried just about everything in the book to alleviate the pain and prolonged discomfort. Some spasms lasted weeks, some days, resulting in me walking with a limp and body pulled to one side by the spasm. Sneezing during spasms was always a new adventure in pain!
These are usually caused by longtime bad posture, ie. jobs that require prolonged time sitting in front of a computer. Your spine gradually becomes literally bent out of shape and no longer hangs straight. Something as silly as bending over and picking up an apple from the floor, while torquing your spine, can cause it to spasm. The sciatic nerve gets pinched and tells the muscles on that side to contract or spasm.
My personal saving grace was when I bought an inversion table for Christmas. Hanging upside down lets your spine hang straight and eventually back in alignment, which relieves pressure on the nerve, thus relieving the spasm. I haven't had an episode since I began hanging. I do so 2 or 3 times a week for 2-3 minutes, or whenever I feel a spasm coming on.
Good luck!

Jbb
04-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Brown hangs upside down too.....from the rafters in his garage ..in the dark.....he just thinks it's a hoot... :p

ThongMagnet
04-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Take a hand full of laxatives. Your probably full of sh*t from not exercising/walking enough.

Beer Factor
04-02-2006, 07:23 PM
whiskey Time!

Tom Brown
04-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Take a hand full of laxatives.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's never take a hand full of laxatives before using gravity boots in the garage.
Get well soon, Boozer. :)
.... once you feel better, have your assistant clean your brother's garage. Problem solved. :cool:

OGShocker
04-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Wow, Alison! Such compasion!
Boozer, sorry to hear about your "Brokeback". :idea: