PDA

View Full Version : **POOF Genesis Boats Thread Gone***

GrapeApe
03-31-2006, 09:37 PM
WTF...
*** Grape Ape ***

yeah,right
03-31-2006, 09:51 PM
You mean the one that was talking about Genesis going out of business and Jerry Van Beek being a crook? I wonder what could have happened to it?

GrapeApe
03-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah, that one.. But it started taking an ugly turn, and I was interested where exactly that turn was leading.. :argue: :idea:
*** Grape Ape ***

yeah,right
03-31-2006, 10:03 PM
I must have missed that part. I only saw the part about Joel Castillas taking all the molds and stuff out of Genesis last night and basically putting Genesis out of business. Don't know a whole lot about Joel, but my uncle got screwed by Jerry back in the 80's. Sounds like the same thing all over again. we'll see how long this one lasts.

Brady Bunch
03-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Don't piss off those advertising dollars! :argue:
I just went to get my popcorn too... :mad:

HCS
03-31-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't get it.
If some boat company is going out of business or screwed someone over.
What's wrong with the thread?
Ofcourse unless they contribute advertising money to ***boat.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hell people can throw anyone under the bus they want on here.
But if it's a boat dealer, Nooooo. Cut the thread.

yeah,right
04-01-2006, 08:35 AM
You guys are all really quick to come to conclusions. They are not out of business and from what I have been told is Joel took the mold to the 25' (UGLY BOAT). Don't be a bunch of 12 year old gossipers. The shop was not "Cleaned Out". It's a dispute between owners and people act like the world is ending. You guys are all really quick to jump this guys Sh*t and figure he screwed all his current customers. They will be staying in business. Genesis boats is very profitable and whoever ends up with it will keep it going. Sorry to kill the drama. This info is straight from both parties.
No I'm not associated with Genesis in any way.
Why does it seem like everyone who owns an Ultra is Bitter towards Jerry or Genesis? Didn't Jerry win the court cases against Ultra? :argue:
I couldn't give a sh*t less about over rated Ultra. My uncle got screwed from back in Jerrys Bahner days.
If you know so much about what happened, enlighten us. Why did Joel take anything in the middle of the night if everything is fine?
OK, maybe Joel is the crook this time, but from what I know of Jerry Van Beek, you reap what you sow.
Who now owns Genesis? Who is going to complete the boats on order?

socalmofo
04-01-2006, 09:12 AM
I have heard some things as to what happened. It isn't my place to say. I have been told by parties very close that all the employees are still there and that only Joel and his brother left.
Who owns Genesis?
Well, If half of the partnership left then I guess it would be the remaining one who now owns it?
My thoughts are Joel and his brother will start yet another company and Jerry will own Genesis - That's what I think will happen.

bordsmnj
04-01-2006, 09:19 AM
exodus boats??

KineticoH20
04-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Im not one to throw gas on someone if they are onfire, however last year when I was in the market for a 70k boat I spent months shopping at all the various boat builders, I in the end chose genesis, I like the underdog and I found Joel and his brothers to have it more together that many of the boat manufactures you all have now. As far as the deal, I put that together with Jerry and at no point did I feel he was doing to me or anyone else something below board. Thats not to say any of these parties never did anything underhanded. I spent alot of time at Genesis as my boat was built and I can say that the rigging and gel coat were first class all the way and yes i have owned many boats. I recieved a great deal from Jerry and even sold the boat for a conciderable profit.Those guys were building more boats that thier compitition and i am sorry things did not work out.Sometimes having partners is very hard, one party sees things one way and the other the opposite, it's a shame it could not be worked out. Although I liked Jerry, I would however not buy another boat from him, however I would buy one from Joel or his brothers as thats where the true talent of Genesis boats is. Being a business owner myself i hope Joel and his family lands on thier feet.

slink
04-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Im not one to throw gas on someone if they are onfire, however last year when I was in the market for a 70k boat I spent months shopping at all the various boat builders, I in the end chose genesis, I like the underdog and I found Joel and his brothers to have it more together that many of the boat manufactures you all have now. As far as the deal, I put that together with Jerry and at no point did I feel he was doing to me or anyone else something below board. Thats not to say any of these parties never did anything underhanded. I spent alot of time at Genesis as my boat was built and I can say that the rigging and gel coat were first class all the way and yes i have owned many boats. I recieved a great deal from Jerry and even sold the boat for a conciderable profit.Those guys were building more boats that thier compitition and i am sorry things did not work out.Sometimes having partners is very hard, one party sees things one way and the other the opposite, it's a shame it could not be worked out. Although I liked Jerry, I would however not buy another boat from him, however I would buy one from Joel or his brothers as thats where the true talent of Genesis boats is. Being a business owner myself i hope Joel and his family lands on thier feet.
Why did you sell it? and what did you replace it with?

KineticoH20
04-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Why did you sell it? and what did you replace it with?
I realized with my bad back that I wanted a walk through for ease of movement. I picked up a used Ultra for the time being.

THOR
04-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Why does it seem like everyone who owns an Ultra is Bitter towards Jerry or Genesis? Didn't Jerry win the court cases against Ultra? :argue:
Talk about jumping to conclusion...... :rolleyes:
I own and Ultra 247 and absolutely laughed my ass off when I saw the pathetic attempt Genesis made at trying to make that boat. It was the worst looking boat ever. Poorly rigged, horrible paint and the interior choices looked like they were made by an 8 year old. It is too bad they quit making boats because it made my Ultra look like a Ferrari compared to that pile o' crap.

voodoomedman
04-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I own and Ultra 247 and absolutely laughed my ass off when I saw the pathetic attempt Genesis made at trying to make that boat. It was the worst looking boat ever. Poorly rigged, horrible paint and the interior choices looked like they were made by an 8 year old. It is too bad they quit making boats because it made my Ultra look like a Ferrari compared to that pile o' crap.
Hey I'll give them this! I think I'd buy a Genesis before I bought a WaterRod. :jawdrop:

haysonj
04-01-2006, 11:23 AM
maybe you should do some more research because they were at the la boat show selling 2006 boats and they looked pretty nice to me there is a write up in this month hot boat mag about a new model I have a 2003 and i doubt you can find any flaws in the gel coat (first class work)

THOR
04-01-2006, 11:33 AM
maybe you should do some more research because they were at the la boat show selling 2006 boats and they looked pretty nice to me there is a write up in this month hot boat mag about a new model I have a 2003 and i doubt you can find any flaws in the gel coat (first class work)
Uhh, I did do the research. Hands on research. I climbed in the boat the rattled and creaked. It was a piece of crap. Flaws in the gel were plentiful as was the rigging.

termiteguy
04-02-2006, 06:10 PM
i purchased the first 236 extreme genesis that they built and the gel coat and rigging are perfect i was sorry to see joel sell the shop to jerry customer servise went to shit then.

KineticoH20
04-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Anybody got anymor info on this situation?

dicudmore
04-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey I'll give them this! I think I'd buy a Genesis before I bought a WaterRod. :jawdrop:
don't forget Lightning :wink:

cc322
04-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Thats funny but I would too :)

purrfecttremor
04-06-2006, 05:51 PM
bump

GHT
04-06-2006, 06:00 PM
You mean the one that was talking about Genesis going out of business and Jerry Van Beek being a crook? I wonder what could have happened to it?
He's a crook? and they are going out of business? Well guess I can cross that boat builder off my list... I was going to go by there and look at his line of boats...
NOT NOW... :cool:

socalmofo
04-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Looks like the "Hero" here, Joel Casillas came in in the middle of the night and stole the paint booth. What a class act!
I am very close to purchasing a boat from lightning and they seem to be built as good as any ultra or any other boat I have been in. They are also priced more realistic. Yes the owner of lightning is the owner of Genesis' brother.He is fair and easy to deal with though.
Check them out - You may like them. I would stay away from Genesis for the time being, they have some issues to take care of before they can be fully operational.
I'm sure you will hear all the Ultra guys come on and say how these 2 companies are junk because Ultra is God.
Dicudmore,
What is your ongoing hatred towards lightning all about? Have you actually had a BAD first hand experience or have you just spent too much time on ***boat and developed a swayed opinion based on what you have read on here?

THOR
04-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Looks like the "Hero" here, Joel Casillas came in in the middle of the night and stole the paint booth. What a class act!
I am very close to purchasing a boat from lightning and they seem to be built as good as any ultra or any other boat I have been in. They are also priced more realistic. Yes the owner of lightning is the owner of Genesis' brother.He is fair and easy to deal with though.
Check them out - You may like them. I would stay away from Genesis for the time being, they have some issues to take care of before they can be fully operational.
I'm sure you will hear all the Ultra guys come on and say how these 2 companies are junk because Ultra is God.
Dicudmore,
What is your ongoing hatred towards lightning all about? Have you actually had a BAD first hand experience or have you just spent too much time on ***boat and developed a swayed opinion based on what you have read on here?
I would do a search on Lightning first. You'll find plenty. And, they are no where near the quality of Ultra and the gel isnt even in the same ballpark for starters. Also, just how many Lightnings have you seen. I have seen one total and it was built by Ultra about 5 years ago. That also tells you plenty.
Cheap? I'll give you a quote that I tell my customers all the time when they come to me about price. If you were to walk into a ***** house looking for a *****, would you say "give me your cheapest *****"? Hell no. Why do that with a boat, or a car?

jbtrailerjim
04-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Does Lightning lay up their own hulls? I was always under the impression that Genesis lays up the hulls for Lightning and Lightning rigs them.

purrfecttremor
04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Ive seen three but at least one was built by John.

THOR
04-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Well, if you believe that, what are you going to do if Ultra has some deal going with the guys that left Genesis? Never buy another Ultra? Because, that is the word I've heard why they left "in the middle of the night" and where they're going.
I was speaking of price smartass. Also, do you think Ultra would let the 'other' guys come in and take over? How is it that 'the word' has traveled from one section of the 909 to another. And yes, I would buy another Ultra. Mine is done right. I laughed out loud at the Genesis version of my boat.
Quit stalking me.

jbtrailerjim
04-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Well, if you believe that, what are you going to do if Ultra has some deal going with the guys that left Genesis? Never buy another Ultra? Because, that is the word I've heard why they left "in the middle of the night" and where they're going.
It would not bother me if Joel went to work for Ultra. Joel has been building boats and laying up hulls for a long time. Joel actually layed up the hull on my old 95 Essex before Essex was laying up their own hulls. I was a fan of Genesis until I found out Joel partnered or sold out to Jerry Van Beek.
Now if Jerry Van Beek left Genesis and teamed back up with Ultra, I would never buy another Ultra.

purrfecttremor
04-07-2006, 10:29 AM
I bought a new ultra in 1995 from Jerry and a few shady things did happen during the build but I did end up getting a killer deal.Would i buy from him again HELL NO!!!!!!!!!,

Mrs.HLB
04-07-2006, 11:55 AM
We have a Genesis and have not had any complaints...We bought it in 2003, this was before that Jerry guy came into the picture. If we ever needed anything we would call Joel or Rudy.So I am not sure on how Jerry works..I am sad this happened to them and I hope it all works out in the end..they are nice guys. We have never had a problem with our boat mechanically, interior or exterior. Nobody knows exactly what happened and it could easily happen to any other boat dealer also.. just my 2.
Mrs.HLB

dbleD's69
04-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I think termite guy needs to remember that WE bought the very first 22 outlaw from Genesis then they change the name of the boat to 236 extreme. I am new to the boating thing but my husband termite guy and his whole family have been in it for along time. So he and I did alot of research before we bought our first custome boat. I can tell you this our boat is 3 years old now and not one stress crack is in it, you can not say that about alot of the boats that are out there now. Joel and his brothers put out a excellent boat and I m sure we will see him at the boat show in "07" with a new name and new image.
i purchased the first 236 extreme genesis that they built and the gel coat and rigging are perfect i was sorry to see joel sell the shop to jerry customer servise went to shit then.

socalmofo
04-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Joel is a P.O.S.!!!!!
He had boats on order when he left Genesis and now he has them tied up in a lawsuit and the customers are getting screwed. They aren't getting their boats that they ordered (Because he thinks the boats are his). I can't wait to tell that story when Joel opens his own company.

LOWRIVER2
04-10-2006, 09:27 AM
I remember looking at a 95 Ultra that Van Beek had built. The 21LX had a 12 gallon tank on one side and 18 on the other. The black/blue/grey boat was delivered on a green trailer (!). The owner took the trailer to another company and traded it for a white one after Van Beek refused to give him a white one. Van Beek was shady then and appears to have not lost his stripes, ...how rare. Was'nt he arrested for cocaine back in the 90's? Or was it for fraud?

purrfecttremor
04-10-2006, 10:35 AM
I thought it was tax evasion.

Tom Brown
04-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Wasn't that Genesis thread up for about 7 days? That ought to be enough time for the thread to evolve fully. :idea:

ULTRA21XS
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Well i am not one to jump n here and bash a company but heres my story...I did buy my Ultra from the Now Lightning dealer....Where do i start....I wanted a 1 off design and the first one i got they ordered the wrong color..So now someone is running around in my same design (It was smurf blue instead of electric blue...2nd the boat was 8 weeks late...When it was finally done its didnt have the prop on it i ordered it with...I wanted my speakers in the cup holders and they put them in the back wall..(too late to move hole cut)...Trailer was missing the crome hitch....The boat itself looks great gel work is perfect...(Cause it was done by John at Ultra) and i havent had any problems with it....Just the headache buying it...But on a lighter note I dealt with Jason after i was sick and tired of the salesman.....He was great to deal with and got my problems fixed...just my 2 cents