PDA

View Full Version : Friggen Dead Beat Drivers

jackpunx
04-28-2004, 07:59 AM
So yesterday after work my buddy and I go out to dinner. I hear him say.. “WTF is this”.. I walk over a notice that my truck had been hit while in the parking lot at work.. So I’m livid by now.. Cant believe that this person didn’t leave a note.. I work at a very large fortune 500 company. My thinking is that if it was someone who worked for the company they would have left a note. They left white paint and it had to be a van because of the height of the scratch.. It’s on my bumper and goes around to my fender. the damage on my truck is minor.... Either way.. I’m pissed.. So I talked to the security here and they told me it is a park at your own risk lot.. OK.. I can deal with that.. I asked them to drive me around in their golf cart so I didn’t have to walk the parking lot.. They couldn’t because of liability. So now Im walking the parking lot every ½ hr looking for the C$ck S##ker.. Ive been thinking really hard with some help from friends on what to do if I find him/her.. I’m calm now. But who knows. I work hard for my stuff and didn’t even get to mess my own truck up.. Some inconsiderate idiot did it for me..
Talk about Ironic.. Yesterday we had the thread of “what would you do if someone walked on your boat”.. My reply was .. we’ll unless they were an idiot .. Everything can be fixed.. Now.. lol.. I guess I have to live by those words..

NastyOne
04-28-2004, 08:12 AM
Thats ****ed up:mad:
I used to have this truck in high school that was bad as shit. I dumped my hart (and half my parents bank account into it). I didnt even really drive it to school for fear that some piece of shit driving their moms Volvo would door ding it. This one time I was with my girlfriend (ex) and she wanted to go to the movies. I was hesitant but it was the middle of the day and I parked way away from everyone. I come out after the movie and sure enough... there was the biggest pile of shit right next to me and they door dinged my truck. I was ****ing livid! I got the security guard and yelled at him for like 20 minutes while he gave me the same ol' bull shit lines. After he left I thought about waiting around for the owner... but then realized that they probably wouldnt even care and just deny it. So I left....
...but not after I kicked their ****ing door in.;)

jackpunx
04-28-2004, 08:50 AM
I took my second walk through the parking lot .. nothing yet.. Its getting a little discouraging at this point.. but I'll keep my eyes open for a few more days

miller19j
04-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Just turn it into your insurance company. Trying to find the person is a waste of time. You canÂ’t prove anything if you do find them and you may cause more trouble than its worth. Chalk it up to bad luck and move on.
Oh Sorry it happened, I take good care of my stuff and hate it when something happens to it. I can relate!

jackpunx
04-28-2004, 08:57 AM
yea.. your kinda right.. I dont think its worth going through Ins... trying to prove it could be difficult.. but I think if I find this person based on the height of my truck and the damage that it would have caused on the vehicle that hit it.. I shouldnt have any problem pushing this person to do the right thing.. but Im not going to do anything that will put me in jail..

JetBoatRich
04-28-2004, 09:04 AM
That sucks Mark, it is amazing what people do. It is not like they could not have felt it hit your truck:mad:
I always try to park away from others and walk a little farther:yuk: in some cases that is not possible and when you get back someone is parked right against your door:mad:

Scream
04-28-2004, 09:24 AM
In a hit and run instance, which this is, it's best to file a report with the local police. Most do this over the phone now. That way if you do find a vehicle that matches the perp (big cop word there) you can call them and report it. Otherwise you're stuck with being a vigilante in your company parking lot and that might land you in a heap of trouble. Too bad your own security are acting like Sgt. Shultz on Hogans Hero's... "I know nothing"

jackpunx
04-28-2004, 09:26 AM
thanks for that.. Im filing a rpt with the parking company.. will this give me the same result if I find the person?

Ntwotrance
04-28-2004, 09:32 AM
there's very little a parking company will do with the report (other then if they run out of TP during their shift). you need to file with your local PD (who will probably use it to place their doughnuts on, but at least it's getting put to a better use..j/k)...

79 HUSTLER
04-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear bout your truck Mark that really blows, I came out to my boat one morning when it was at home and a bike had left a two foot long scratch down the side. They left the bike and took off. It was a kids bike so I went to each house in the neighborhood asking whos and of course no one claimed it. So I locked the focker to the light pole in front of my house for a few weeks waiting for someone to claim it. Never happen so it was donated to Good Will :D :D . Good to see you at the sand bar on saturday.. Sorry that I did not make any sense that day, my last beer from the night before was around 8:00 that morning. Had someone drive me to the sand bar and I passed out in the boat for a few....Long time. Next time I'll make more sense. :eek: KELLY

SoCal_fun
04-28-2004, 10:31 AM
This sucks Mark! After you let Marina and I check it out at the party, Marina kinda fell in love with it. What a nice truck! :)
I guess we'll be gettin one, one of these days (no time soon though, gotta pay off the Tundra first). :(
I'd be pissed as hell, but like you've said, it's not worth losin a job over or going to jail. :mad:

CrazyHippy
04-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Sorry...
BJH

Jetdriver
04-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Find out who it was Mark and Ill follow them home for ya!

Mandelon
04-28-2004, 10:42 AM
If I was the deadbeat guy, I'd leave my white van at home for a week or so.....until the guy I hit cooled down a bit. :D

Debbolas
04-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Thats too bad about your truck. Does the parking lot have security cameras? You mentioned a fortune 500 company, you think they would.
Hope your day goes better......
:(

Boozer
04-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Just pay for it yourself and save yourself time and hassle. The police are worthless in this matter. I know from many personal experiences. I have had horrible luck when it comes to hit and runs and been the victim of several. The first time one happened I had witnesses that got the guys license plate number he was of course a wrthless piece of shit crack head that didnt have insurance so I got stuck with the bill. The other times they happened to me no witnesses so I got the bill very time. It's a messed up deal but if its less then $1,500 pay for it yourself or the insurance company will make up for their pay out on your claim when your renewal comes up.

mirvin
04-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Yep, friggin losers. THey'll get theirs. THey always do.
mirvin;)

Boozer
04-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
Yep, friggin losers. THey'll get theirs. THey always do.
mirvin;)
I couldn't agree with you more. What comes around goes around and everyone gets what they have coming to them sooner or later.

jackpunx
04-28-2004, 11:01 AM
I wonder if I had this coming?.lol.. for some reason I dont think so.. Im going to keep my eye open.. but not going to loose any sleep over it..

Boozer
04-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
I wonder if I had this coming?.lol.. for some reason I dont think so.. Im going to keep my eye open.. but not going to loose any sleep over it..
Shitty things happen to good people too.
I can't say that I didn't have all the shitty things that happened to me coming because I did. You don't think about things like karma when your a teenager but you live by it when you become an adult.

fourspeednup
04-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
I wouldn't be so sure about that mark, you are kind of an inconsiderate dickhead:D LOL
Seriously though, I hope that worthless, piece o' shit, cockbag gets a broom handle rammed 4 ft. up his ass:mad:

Ziggy
04-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Boozer
Shitty things happen to good people too.
I can't say that I didn't have all the shitty things that happened to me coming because I did. You don't think about things like karma when your a teenager but you live by it when you become an adult.
So whatever became of your runaway boat dealio--did the service facility fix-n-pay for it?

jackpunx
04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
I wouldn't be so sure about that mark, you are kind of an inconsiderate dickhead:D LOL
Seriously though, I hope that worthless, piece o' shit, cockbag gets a broom handle rammed 4 ft. up his ass:mad:
LOL.. thanks zack.. LMAO

Boozer
04-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
So whatever became of your runaway boat dealio--did the service facility fix-n-pay for it?
The GM refused to pay for anything. However, the service manager told the GM to go f himself because they were going to fix my trailer and take the cost out of the service dpeartments budget. The service manager told me to get the repairs done and bring him a copy of the invoice which he would happily pass on to the owner rather then dealing with the GM.
The trailer now has a new winch, winch stand, rollers, and winch strap all paid for by the service department. It is really sad that such a great group of people have to work for an asshole GM. When they got done fixing my trailer the GM told me I owed the guys some beer (I was already planning to offer them some cash as a tip for going out of their way) but when I offered them the cash they said there was no way in hell they would take my money because it was their mistake in the first place.
I'm getting the truck fixed next month and it looks like it is going to set me back about $1500.

Froggystyle
04-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Just a thought... This would go on your comprehensive insurance, not your collision. It is illegal for the insurance company to raise your premium or act poorly against you for a comprehensive claim.
File a police report, file a report with the parking company, have copies of both and submit a claim. NOT A THING will go up, not your deductible, not your premium, not anything. You will have to pay the deductible, but if your deductible is too high to use, why have it?
Get your stuff fixed right. That is what insurance is for.
Sorry about the truck. I can relate. I had a Corvette keyed pretty badly by a jealous Marine once. No fault of mine at all.

Boozer
04-28-2004, 12:31 PM
My boat hitting my truck. Would be that collission or comprehensive?