PDA

View Full Version : Havasu makes top 100

RVRGIRL
04-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Havasu makes top 100
Lake Havasu City may get a closer look by people across the nation wanting to relocate, if they go by the recommendations of one Web site.
RelocateAmerica.com, a Web site that provides real estate experience for users thinking about moving, ranked Lake Havasu City as one of the top 100 places in the nation to relocate. The site has been up and running since 1996. Tonja Deegan, communications director for RelocateAmerica.com, said it receives thousands of hits per month.
Deegan said the communities they select have all been nominated by residents or visitors.
“We have a very short form and people can nominate their community,” she said “The question that we ask is, ‘what makes this community special?' From there it's a very subjective process. It's not necessarily, get the most votes and your place wins. We look for the people that are really passionate about their community.”
After that, Deegan said they look at data such as crime reports and housing statistics before placing a community on the list.
Lake Havasu City is within the top 100 cities, but actually is not ranked because only the top 10 sites were given ranking.
The Web site's top 10 places to relocate are: Naperville, Ill.; Cary, NC; Boulder, Colo.; Ithaca, NY; Charlottesville, NC; Ann Arbor, Mich.; New York City; Columbia, Mo.; State College, Penn. and Bend, Ore.
Two other Arizona cities made the top 100 list. RelocateAmerica.com also listed Scottsdale and Yuma among its top 100 cities.
The list includes a wide spread of places from all across the nation. Deign said Florida and Pennsylvania are particularly well represented, but there is no one region that dominates.
The activities available for outdoor enthusiasts, such as boating and camping in Lake Havasu State Park, and attractions such as the London Bridge were cited as aspects that made the city particularly attractive.
Jarrod Lyman, spokesman for the Convention and Visitors Bureau, said many residents who have made the city their permanent home were once just visitors and he hopes this will serve to further promote the community.
He said he is excited to see Lake Havasu City receive this kind of recognition from outside. “I made the joke that, I've always loved Havasu and I choose to live here, but it takes an authority for people to see it the same way I do,” he said. “It's nice to see that other people see it the way we do.”
Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce President Lisa Krueger said they send out approximately 300 packets a year to people looking to relocate to the city. She calls these packets “snap shots” of the community.
“What they look for from us is information on real estate, on school, on community activities. Quality of life issues, basically,” she said.
Krueger added that she is seeing a change in the demographics of those asking for relocations packets.
“It used to be that the requests came more from retired people looking to retire here,” she said. “Now we're sending out to part-time residents as well.”

TRIMM MANN
04-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Good...Keep em all down there :)
F MOHAVE :crossx:

BigDoug
04-01-2006, 07:49 PM
The 2 of you need to get a room to settle your differences. :cry:

TRIMM MANN
04-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Don't make me drive to the slums and take care of business....LOL

BigDoug
04-01-2006, 09:02 PM